MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

He’s got bigger lips than Hope Solo
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave MickeyMan 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11570

Can lose your career over one slip of the tongue. Best to stay off social media period. One drunken tweet and you could be done!!

I remember Howard Cosell's comment years back that got him fired. I don't think Howard was being racist either. Beginning of cancel culture..

During the first half of the September 5, 1983 Monday Night Football game between the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins, Howard Cosell's commentary on Garrett included "That little monkey gets loose doesn't he?" Cosell's references to Garrett as a "little monkey," ignited a racial controversy.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

^ I loved listening to Cosell. He was not being racists. He called his grandkids monkey.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Can lose your career over one slip of the tongue. Best to stay off social media period. One drunken tweet and you could be done!!

I remember Howard Cosell's comment years back that got him fired. I don't think Howard was being racist either. Beginning of cancel culture..

During the first half of the September 5, 1983 Monday Night Football game between the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins, Howard Cosell's commentary on Garrett included "That little monkey gets loose doesn't he?" Cosell's references to Garrett as a "little monkey," ignited a racial controversy.
    Although I despise the BLM movement from a logical standpoint that’s definitely a racist comment Jibby

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

I didn’t realize this was 10 years ago. That statute of limitations is long gone. How dumb is he to say this in an email though? Guys slipping up on air is one thing but this is something he should have given thought to before he sent

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Although I despise the BLM movement from a logical standpoint that’s definitely a racist comment Jibby
    BTJ - it was definitely not racist. Cosell called everyone monkey when they were running around. Look it up. Cosell did a shit load for black athletes. He loved black people. He was damn near black.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    BTJ - it was definitely not racist. Cosell called everyone monkey when they were running around. Look it up. Cosell did a shit load for black athletes. He loved black people. He was damn near black.
    Oh ok I stand corrected. I was barely a toddler when he was broadcasting games, I didn’t know his schtick.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

They trying to pull a Grant Napear with Gruden

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

^ I loved listening to Cosell. He was not being racists. He called his grandkids monkey.
    Cosell called a Washington REDskin a monkey. Art Monk.....look at that little monkey run.....that's how I remember it.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8069

When I saw this earlier on the news feed either I missed the 2011 part or it was omitted, that's crazy bring something that old up !! Remember when Brent Musburger Made his commit on CBS NFL Sunday cost him his job and it took him years to get back to big time broadcasting

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Cosell called a Washington REDskin a monkey. Art Monk.....look at that little monkey run.....that's how I remember it.
    It was Alvin Garrett and there's several tapes that all have shown Cosell calling his grandkids and other players, mostly white athletes, "monkeys". Cosell was no way racists. The guy love Muhammad Ali. He was a huge civil rights backer.

This was a video Cosell did on Oberlin college. They were the first college to integrate minority coaches. Fast forward to 9:15 mark. Cosell gives a great summation. They guy was one of the best speakers I've ever heard. He mastered the English language. He made MNF back in the day.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Mac can always be found in a thread he can blame the white

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    claims to be black but turns out he's not

just retarded

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Gruden HILARIOUS!!

cookieman23
    cookieman23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1032

Yeah isn’t it literally racist to assume it’s a racist comment? Not all blacks have big lips it’s just stupid a stereotype. And it was 10 YEARS AGO. I could understand if it was literally present time because the comment is a little tone deaf. But bringing something this stupid up when it was 10 years ago is absolutely embarrassing.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

I can just hear Gruden saying “Dumboriss”

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Honestly, nothing white people does or how they think in this world about African Americans should surprise us anymore. 1963 civil rights era was not that long ago. Demaurice smith does not have big lips compared to other African Americans. White men and women are genetically smaller compared to African Americans. Lips thin as hell, white men are generally not muscular compared to black men and penis size is much smaller (popular culture). White women bodies are much smaller than African American women as well. So I kinda get where gruden is coming from.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I know black guys 3.5 to 4.1 inches
    Did you touch them? Asking for a certain poster in Califas!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Be careful when using company email on what you type. You can get fired from your job.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Thom Brennaman son of hall of farmer Marty Brennaman. Well on air of cinch reds was talking about gay bars in San Fran cost him career.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Oh ok I stand corrected. I was barely a toddler when he was broadcasting games, I didn’t know his schtick.
    He and Ali were friends.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Looks like it’s just blew over

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

Howard was a Jew. He would of been full blown BLM. He made his living off suckin black pipe. He would get shyt faced in the booth for MNF. Slurring his words and a few times had to be removed from the mic. Meanwhile, people smoking on the sidelines, some players(I think Lambert would have a smoke). Game was raw and fairly unrestricted in way of roughness penalties. Football back then young ones was a real "Battle". The objective of every DC was to Injure the opposing QB. It made me want to play the game.

Mac4Lyfe

You dumbass. Where was I blaming Gruden or Cosell? You ever learn to read?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why are they picking on Gruden from 8-10 years ago??? WTF is up with people??? And how does this even LEAK??? You have to be intentionally looking for it. Someone ratted on him.

People talk sh## every single day. Leave Gruden alone... Jesus...

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Why are they picking on Gruden from 8-10 years ago??? WTF is up with people??? And how does this even LEAK??? You have to be intentionally looking for it. Someone ratted on him.

People talk sh## every single day. Leave Gruden alone... Jesus...
    Nothing he said was racists. People just looking for shit. If it took going back 10 years to find that shit, then Gruden is a saint and should be knighted.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

called his lips big 10 yrs ago. so what

gruden can’t be a racist he coaches black players!!

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

Anyone grabbing on to this is a total clown shit show. Everyone black friend he had on top television had his back. Only jackass clowns are making this a thing.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Only a pussy BLM f\*g would be making this a thing. If Mac is the one making it a thing with nothing but novels that no one cares about then you are good. No one cares what that fukin dumbfuk things.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Meh, this won’t make it past this coming Fridays news dump…we got games fellas

unde0087
    Did we win?

mac, is a total bitch.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7360

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    mac, is a total bitch.
    Worthless white libtard pussy.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Be careful when using company email on what you type. You can get fired from your job.
    Be careful what you tweet or post on Facebook.
    You can lose your job.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11570

Pulling shiit up from a 10 year old emails is a joke. Free Gruden via Britney!!

First 12345 ... Last