Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

This has to be a SCAM right?

Just got an email from PayPal saying somebody ordered $250 worth of gummies in my name (I don't have a PayPal account). I called the 844 # on the bottom of the email and an Indian sounding guy picked up right away with a greeting of "PayPal". When I told him I never ordered the gummies nor have a PayPal account he told me the name of a woman who must have cloned my account. At that point he told me to download this AnyDesk Remote App so we could conference in the fraud department to remove the charge & restore my account (which I don't have). At this point I'm telling him this seems like a scam & he's trying to reassure me by giving me his name (Robert Smith ), personal phone #, & employee ID. At that point I just hung up on him & said I'm gonna research this further. I'm guessing the scam is when I install this app they can remotely steal banking passwords & such off my phone. Thoughts?

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Was probably Brianna

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Was probably Brianna
    Doubt that since the address seems legit.

Runeblade
    Runeblade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Best thing to do for your own entertainment and for the good of society is keep them busy by fuking with them. You get to laugh at them and they have less time to fuk with others.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Easiest way to spot these paypal email scams (there are many) is the email address they sent it from.

It almost always says "from" PayPal but if you look at the details of the actual address it's sent from its usually clearly NOT from PayPal.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Easiest way to spot these paypal email scams (there are many) is the email address they sent it from.

It almost always says "from" PayPal but if you look at the details of the actual address it's sent from its usually clearly NOT from PayPal.
    You're right I feel like an idiot for even responding to this shit. They didn't even try to hide it, this email address should’ve been a dead giveaway. Kind of tempted to install that remote software app just to let the process play out & see exactly how they were gonna go about doing it before shutting it down.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

I get about 1 email per month froma very official PayPal looking account. It is allways to inform me that my charge has gone through successfully.. The amount range $1,000 to $2,000 usually for some type of computer equiptment... The first I got I called PayPal (as I do have an account), and forwarded the email to their fraud dept. That was about a year or more ago, but I still get them in usually my spam folder.No charges have ever gone through... I HATE PAYPAL!

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    I get about 1 email per month froma very official PayPal looking account. It is allways to inform me that my charge has gone through successfully.. The amount range $1,000 to $2,000 usually for some type of computer equiptment... The first I got I called PayPal (as I do have an account), and forwarded the email to their fraud dept. That was about a year or more ago, but I still get them in usually my spam folder.No charges have ever gone through... I HATE PAYPAL!
    The is the 1st one I ever got and it went directly to my inbox. Just called PayPal & they also told me to forward it to their fraud dept.
    Last edited by Doug tushyterror; 10-08-21 at 12:42 PM.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Best thing to do for your own entertainment and for the good of society is keep them busy by fuking with them. You get to laugh at them and they have less time to fuk with others.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Doug your gullible

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I would play the call on here if I knew how to link it from my call recorder app.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    You're right I feel like an idiot for even responding to this shit. They didn't even try to hide it, this email address should’ve been a dead giveaway. Kind of tempted to install that remote software app just to let the process play out & see exactly how they were gonna go about doing it before shutting it down.
    Never install or click anything, could be way to put spyware/virus on your devices.
    Last edited by Tuesday; 10-08-21 at 01:32 PM.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Doug, your EXACTLY RIGHT. I work in fraud and you can’t imagine how many people fall for this shit.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Scam the scammer videos on Youtube can be funny.

Do it Doug!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    You're right I feel like an idiot for even responding to this shit. They didn't even try to hide it
    They do it on purpose to try to avoid wasting time with anyone but the completely clueless.

Their biggest problem is people wasting their time.

Do it!

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

dude you need a fukkin job