lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Do you pay attention to games you don't bet on?

I don't.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Phillies, sixers and Eagles I do. Other than that. Barely.

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

I pay more attention. It is much more fun
    Hate watching or checking the score on the ones I bet
    Actually watching college football games I don't bet is the best
    You don't even need to watch NFL to win
    All situational

In college you learn a lot about teams by watching them and listening to the announcers talk about the team.
    The disparity in college talent is much bigger so you need to actually seethe games especially if you want to make big bets

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I don't.
    only Colts games or Brady games in NFL

i can watch good college games all day if my bets are winning easily and don't have to sweat

i watched Memphis choke to UTSA yesterday only because I remember watching them choke away big leads before in the past in hilarious fashion.. and they did it again vs UTSA

up 21-0

lost to a last second FG

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Yes

Need to see how teams play.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Yes

Need to see how teams play.
    Really?

I've been betting for a long time I never thought what a team did today is important to what they will do tomorrow. That's just me though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t watch sports because of gambling I watch as a fan gambling just entertainment can care less if I have money or don’t have money on the game I’m not a compulsive gambler

I had 19 soccer wagers today I don’t even know which ones won or lost

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Depends on who is playing

I would have watched tonight’s NFL game with or without money on it.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Really?

I've been betting for a long time I never thought what a team did today is important to what they will do tomorrow. That's just me though.
    It’s not important for gambling purposes. You can get all that info without spending 4 hours watching a game. As far as style of play.

And you’re right. Marshall had about the worst special teams in college football. On Thursday they ran and kick back for a TD and their kicker looked like the greatest kicker ever.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1411

Well on Sunday ya

jjgold

I watch a lot of tennis a lot of matches I have no money on because I’m educated

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I watch a lot of tennis a lot of matches I have no money on because I’m educated

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15952

I watch games whether I have money on them or not because I like sports but I try to watch what I bet on just because I have a vested interest in them. With fantasy I pay attention to teams I otherwise wouldn't care about as well.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Really?

Match ups bud.

Did they lose by a mistake? Was it a bad call?

Crappy coach?

These are huge factors.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7892

I don’t watch sports because of gambling I watch as a fan gambling just entertainment can care less if I have money or don’t have money on the game I’m not a compulsive gambler

I had 19 soccer wagers today I don’t even know which ones won or lost
    they all lost

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

...I've been betting for a long time I never thought what a team did today is important to what they will do tomorrow. That's just me though.
    Maybe not, but if you're betting then it has everything to do with it.

It's all interrelated and can not be seperated. Whether or not you watch video is another story but you are kidding yourself if you say the what a team recently did, or even further in the past, is not important to the bet selection process.

It may be that you don't know you're using the info, but it's definitely important from the line offered to the predictions made. Not only does it matter, but you directly use that info even if, again, you don't know your'e doing it. This is especially true if you are looking at the lines or line movement.

I could write pages on this, using evidence, to debunk the myth that games are not related; to debunk the myth that games are independent events. In fact, I've done just that for NCAAF and MLB just is recent months, as I prefer to teach these concepts by example.

Don't forget, while running around in the trees, that there is in fact a forest.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Maybe not, but if you're betting then it has everything to do with it.

It's all interrelated and can not be seperated. Whether or not you watch video is another story but you are kidding yourself if you say the what a team recently did, or even further in the past, is not important to the bet selection process.

It may be that you don't know you're using the info, but it's definitely important from the line offered to the predictions made. Not only does it matter, but you directly use that info even if, again, you don't know your'e doing it. This is especially true if you are looking at the lines or line movement.

I could write pages on this, using evidence, to debunk the myth that games are not related; to debunk the myth that games are independent events. In fact, I've done just that for NCAAF and MLB just is recent months.

Don't forget, while running around in the trees, that there is in fact a forest.

Bingo

Hope your well my friend!

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

I inspect the box scores. I like seeing when goals were scored especially in soccer. Toulouse in French 2 soccer today is my play as a result of staying on top of things.

jjgold

If you need to watch games you bet on its a problem

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31712

Sometimes I bet to force myself to pay attention to a game

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Match ups bud.

Did they lose by a mistake? Was it a bad call?

Crappy coach?

These are huge factors.
    Crappy coach? We usually know who they are.
    Bad call? You will hear that on the headlines.

Let's look at Denver vs Jets yesterday. I did not pay any attention to that game. I know Denver won easy like they were supposed to vs a bad team. My take away from that game was this

They opened -1 vs Baltimore.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    I inspect the box scores. I like seeing when goals were scored especially in soccer. Toulouse in French 2 soccer today is my play as a result of staying on top of things.
    Going to stop paying attention now🤣

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24737

Crappy coach? We usually know who they are.
    Bad call? You will hear that on the headlines.

Let's look at Denver vs Jets yesterday. I did not pay any attention to that game. I know Denver won easy like they were supposed to vs a bad team. My take away from that game was this

They opened -1 vs Baltimore.
    Settle down Laker, watching games is a must if you truly want to get a feel for teams/games as the season progresses. Your "too cool for school" approach to betting numbers and line moves can be a factor, but you're leaving a lot to guesswork if it's your only impetus to betting.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Settle down Laker, watching games is a must if you truly want to get a feel for teams/games as the season progresses. Your "too cool for school" approach to betting numbers and line moves can be a factor, but you're leaving a lot to guesswork if it's your only impetus to betting.
    I'm just saying I don't watch games of teams that I don't bet on. Did I watch the Vikings game yesterday? Yes because I bet on it.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Years ago, when I was a yearly sports loser every year....I had to watch each game that I bet on. No longer an issue for me as I can watch a game of interest with no betting action. That may be because baseball is boring and even to me now that I've learned my style of play... I can bet and just see the box score next day. Football where I don't bet much at all these days is more enjoyable to watch with a wager, bur easy to watch without one if the game is of interest. There is no one right answer because as we age everything takes on a new perspective.

Eddy Munny

I'm just saying I don't watch games of teams that I don't bet on. Did I watch the Vikings game yesterday? Yes because I bet on it.
    Sure, but if you're actively watching a game with interest, as opposed to having the TV on as background noise, you're consciously and unconsciously gathering/storing information that could be useful down the road. That being said, it doesn't hurt to watch games that you're not betting on because it could very well pay dividends in the future.

Hell you could throw a small bet on a coin-flip game just to give you an excuse to watch it, knowing that the bet itself is inconsequential, but also knowing that it could provide insight that'll assist you in a more serious bet if the opportunity presents itself.

This probably applies more so to NCAAF rather than NFL due to parity in the latter, but it can't hurt either way.

jjgold

People that watch sports and have bets on them are usually you’re a squares

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

People that watch sports and have bets on them are usually you’re a squares
    Cut that square crap Gold. Say it like it is.

People that bet on a game just because they are watching it, because it's on TV or they are attending, are the ones we like. Often times it's there money we take because it's not hard to pick what they will choose in any given game.

lakerboy

Cant learn anything about the Falcons and giants that I didn't know already by watching them play yesterday. I did learn that sea is garbage and much worse then I thought they were.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

For football, other than Al Michaels and maybe one or two others, I CAN'T STAND TO LISTEN .

Eddy Munny

Cant learn anything about the Falcons and giants that I didn't know already by watching them play yesterday. I did learn that sea is garbage and much worse then I thought they were.
    I learned that the Giants are still a betable team, and it's little things here and there that kept them from beating Atlanta, despite the fact that the Gmen outplayed them for the better part of the game. I'd say NYG getting over a touchdown @ NOS is a strong lean.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

I don't.
    No wonder you're a losing gambler

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I learned that the Giants are still a betable team, and it's little things here and there that kept them from beating Atlanta, despite the fact that the Gmen outplayed them for the better part of the game. I'd say NYG getting over a touchdown @ NOS is a strong lean.
    Well the gmen would be an obvious look there because the Saints are overpriced of that win yesterday.

jjgold

Lakers??

you have a nice liquor store now Why not concentrate on that more instead of watching games that you have bets on??

You put your whole family in there too which is nice

I heard that son of a bitch brother-in-law try to clip already off some of the liquor sales nice guy but Greedy but you caught him

Day Game 216
    Day Game 216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Yes, isn’t a game more entertaining with action on it?

12 Last