mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

1st thread for me

Hope everyone is doing well. Glad to find this forum.

NFL and horse racing for me. I'm and old AKSARBEN employee but I'm guessing there's not very many on here that have heard of that.

Eagles tonight. BOL
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave mama whoiscrying 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good luck kid

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

who is crying?

i think who is on first

what is on a second

Ventura
    Ventura's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

Quote Originally Posted by mama whoiscrying View Post

NFL and horse racing for me. I'm and old AKSARBEN employee but I'm guessing there's not very many on here that have heard of that.

Eagles tonight. BOL
    Welcome!

I got to experience AKSARBEN as a kid in the late 80s and early 90s before first data did their thing with the property. I run a few horses at Horseman’s each year but Nebraska racing is not what it used to be.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Fade

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Good Luck Mama!

You like the Eagles tonight, eh?

Why?

I make a forecast whereby I stack what I've determined as small percentage edges together to form a prediction. That "stacking percentages" forecast shows Dallas winning with 28 points to Philly's 17 points. This, of course is an early season Forecast and has it's weaknesses for sure. It has definitely underperformed in the early season so far.

That said I also develop contrartian adjustments to some games and Philly is on the contrarian radar but I'm not so sure we are going to get enough of an adjustment to trigger a play.

You think Philly is going to play with Dallas tonight? I also make a non-predictive public gauge that gives a sense of public market sentiment based on ratings, appearance, etc. That gauge shows Philly winning 24-23.

What about points? You think there could be an UNDER the rather generous 51.5? I'm looking at the UNDER here.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Hi Mama 🖐. Can I call you Ma?

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Eagles tonight. BOL
    Good 1st post/thread and good luck tonight

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Good Luck Mama!

You like the Eagles tonight, eh?

Why?

I make a forecast whereby I stack what I've determined as small percentage edges together to form a prediction. That "stacking percentages" forecast shows Dallas winning with 28 points to Philly's 17 points. This, of course is an early season Forecast and has it's weaknesses for sure. It has definitely underperformed in the early season so far.

That said I also develop contrartian adjustments to some games and Philly is on the contrarian radar but I'm not so sure we are going to get enough of an adjustment to trigger a play.

You think Philly is going to play with Dallas tonight? I also make a non-predictive public gauge that gives a sense of public market sentiment based on ratings, appearance, etc. That gauge shows Philly winning 24-23.

What about points? You think there could be an UNDER the rather generous 51.5? I'm looking at the UNDER here.

Here’s an angle KVB to take the Eagles.

Dallas will be without 2 starters on the defensive line, one is a rookie and the other is Randy Gregory which has only played a few snaps this year. Backup Dorance Armstrong is out and the other backups are rookies or were on different teams last year. These types of scenarios do not surface much in the NFL, so when they do you have to strike and live with the results. I know this is a young Philly coaching staff, but it's not often in the NFL you see a defense without pass rushers in a game. QB's that have time to throw the ball indeed make their throws.

Philly is missing a few guys on the offensive line, but I still think they have a huge advantage over this battered defense line and I can't stress enough how crucial this one area is to the game. Dallas also isn’t full strength on their offensive line going against a Philly front seven that has a lot of talent. I believe the Eagles are better tonight on both sides of the trenches.

Games are won and lost with the big boys up front and the Eagles do hold that edge tonight. I have to hit home on the point that the Dallas front seven is really banged up and lacks serious depth. It is hard to win football games in this league when you can’t pressure the quarterback. Let’s just hope the coaching staff in Philly attacks that all night long. Advantage Eagles in my opinion.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave BeatTheJerk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave BeatTheJerk 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave BeatTheJerk 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Welcome aboard

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Eagles tonight. BOL
    Visit the horse racing forum.

If you like the races, I'm sure you will like it.

I never ran a horse at Ak-Sar-Ben but oh, the stories I was told by riders.

Yeah, I've heard all about it from back in the day.

I would like to hear what you did there.

Backside, racing secretary's office, mutual's, I'm all ears.

GL tonight.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Welcome Mama

This is the craziest party that could ever be.

"Want some whiskey in your water?
    Sugar in your tea?
    What's all these crazy questions they're askin' me?
    This is the craziest party that could ever be
    Don't turn on the lights 'cause I don't wanna see

Mama told me not to come
    Mama told me not to come
    "That ain't the way to have fun, no"