d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Fields will not be half the player Murray already is. Jackson has a decent team around him. Fields has trash. If he is a success this year I'll be happy to be wrong. I'm a Bears fan. But I don't see that happening.
    Well yeah, are we only talking this year or are we talking career? I was talking career. Are the Bears suddenly a 13-4 team because of him? Of course not. He will have growing pains, as expected. All of the other rookie QB's are also, doesn't mean they will all suck.

That said, the Bears do have some weapons around him on offense. Montgomery is a top 1/3 back now. A-Rob and Mooney are certainly not the worst combo. Nothing from Kmet yet this season, but he will play. A lot will depend on whether Peters can stay healthy and keep blocking like he did last week. Doing that at 39 is kinda crazy though and unlikely to last. They have nothing behind him.
    Last edited by d2bets; 09-22-21 at 08:22 PM.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fields isn't ready, his offense at Ohio State was a simple read option system and the Bears offense is trash anyways. Robinson and Montgomery are the only 2 above average skill position players.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Not enough of a team around him

Horrible coach

A division where every QB has more experience

In a few years, maybe, but it's a BIG maybe

The Bears are going to be bad, real bad

I don't see Fields being a great QB for his career, but time will tell

thomorino

Horrible coach

Agree, I'm from Chicago and I'm a Bears fan too. Nagy and Pace need to go, the offensive line and receivers outside of Robinson have been shit for a while.

thomorino

Horrible coach

They only drafted Fields because Nagy and Pace know they have to win this your AR or they will lost their jobs, Bears need to up grade the offensive line and receivers and Fields isn't the guy.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Bears ML

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Horrible coach

Bears defense is no joke, think they have a good year on that side of the ball. Lots of studs everywhere on that d.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    OK, so you made up a prop that doesn't and never will? You had us going. I got excited...I want to bet O19.5 yards. I'll say 7 rushes for 55 yards.
    Seeing Fields rushing yards at 54.5.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Browns play to the level of the competition.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Browns play to the level of the competition.
    Its 2 games into the season, you don't know anything about how the Browns play.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Its 2 games into the season, you don't know anything about how the Browns play.
    So then you don't know anything about how any of the teams play. Is that your bottom line?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Dalton is a journeyman QB in the league at this point.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I don't think anyone disputes that, although he would be an upgrade for several teams at this point, and pretty solid in terms of backup ability.

thomorino

So then you don't know anything about how any of the teams play. Is that your bottom line?
    No, because some teams are very similar to what they were last year, and obviously we do know

To suggest that someone knows a team plays to the level of competition after 2 game is absurd - especially when Cleveland dominated weak teams last year.

thomorino

Well yeah, are we only talking this year or are we talking career? I was talking career. Are the Bears suddenly a 13-4 team because of him? Of course not. He will have growing pains, as expected. All of the other rookie QB's are also, doesn't mean they will all suck.

That said, the Bears do have some weapons around him on offense. Montgomery is a top 1/3 back now. A-Rob and Mooney are certainly not the worst combo. Nothing from Kmet yet this season, but he will play. A lot will depend on whether Peters can stay healthy and keep blocking like he did last week. Doing that at 39 is kinda crazy though and unlikely to last. They have nothing behind him.
    This commentary is completely wrong for several reasons.

First, Mooney is not a number 2 receiver. He's average as a 3, but not close to a 2 - the Bears have nothing at skill positions other than Robinson and Montgomery, and Montgomery isn't a receiver.

The biggest issue you miss though is the main problem the Bears have had the last 3 years is the shit offensive line - Montgomery has had nowhere to run because the Bears in the past overpaid mediocre players like Leno.

Fields isn't an NFL quarterback, he got exposed at Ohio state against pro style offense and he's not good at reading defenses, Dalton sucks too, but Fields isn't an upgrade.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Chicago is in a rebuilding stage, they have no shot at the postseason, so figure it's worth it to get Fields starting experience that will serve him well next year. It's not about giving the team a better chance to win.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

No, because some teams are very similar to what they were last year, and obviously we do know

To suggest that someone knows a team plays to the level of competition after 2 game is absurd - especially when Cleveland dominated weak teams last year.
    Did they? They didn't win a single game all season by more than 14 points. 7/11 wins were by 6 points or fewer.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Chicago is in a rebuilding stage, they have no shot at the postseason, so figure it's worth it to get Fields starting experience that will serve him well next year. It's not about giving the team a better chance to win.
    Really? OK. You wanna give me 100-1 odds on that since they have no shot? I'll even be nice and take 50-1 instead.

Of course a lot depends on GB. If GB were to fall apart then they can certainly win a division that otherwise features the Vikings and Lions. Easily worst division in the NFL.

thomorino

Did they? They didn't win a single game all season by more than 14 points. 7/11 wins were by 6 points or fewer.
    Cleveland plays in a tough division, they didn't get many weak opponents last year since the schedule is only 16 games, but the final score means nothing when teams get late scores against soft zone or prevent defenses. Cleveland dominated weak teams last year.

thomorino

Really? OK. You wanna give me 100-1 odds on that since they have no shot? I'll even be nice and take 50-1 instead.

Of course a lot depends on GB. If GB were to fall apart then they can certainly win a division that otherwise features the Vikings and Lions. Easily worst division in the NFL.
    The Bears have zero shot at the division unless their are major injuries, Green Bay's roster is loaded even with Rodgers being mediocre.

Minnesota is a better team too, the Vikings could easily be 2-0, their roster is much better than the Bears too.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Cleveland plays in a tough division, they didn't get many weak opponents last year since the schedule is only 16 games, but the final score means nothing when teams get late scores against soft zone or prevent defenses. Cleveland dominated weak teams last year.
    So them maybe they'll dominate the Bears and win by 6 and fail to cover.

The range in this game is wide. Week 1 Bears D may show, Fields struggles and Bears could indeed get thrashed by 4 TD. Or the Week 2 defense may show, they force turnovers, Fields is dynamic and the Bears win the game, handily. We shall see. IMO Bears ML at +300 is worth the shot at those odds.

thomorino

So them maybe they'll dominate the Bears and win by 6 and fail to cover.

The range in this game is wide. Week 1 Bears D may show, Fields struggles and Bears could indeed get thrashed by 4 TD. Or the Week 2 defense may show, they force turnovers, Fields is dynamic and the Bears win the game, handily. We shall see. IMO Bears ML at +300 is worth the shot at those odds.
    I don't see much value on the Bears but I do think the best value will be the under. Cleveland is dealing with some injuries since Landry got hurt and Odell-Beckham still isn't anywhere near 100%.

The Bears defense has also been noticeably better at home the last several years.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

The Bears have zero shot at the division unless their are major injuries, Green Bay's roster is loaded even with Rodgers being mediocre.

Minnesota is a better team too, the Vikings could easily be 2-0, their roster is much better than the Bears too.
    Coulda woulda. Vikings are nothing.

Bears defense is on a balance beam between sucking and dominating. They have the talent to dominate there. We'll see. Bears might fall apart, but it is not inconceivable that things come together and they are very good. If everyone is thinking they have no shot, then they are surprisingly being underrated here. I mean hell, they made the playoffs last season and when I look overall now where they are, frankly I don't see why this is not a better team.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I'm on da Bears here. The clowns didn't look so good against a real crappy D last week, and I think a mobile QB this week for Chicago will help them allot.

Chicago will take the Chubber out and make the clowns beat them with the passing attack. Expect a nasty battle. If chicago can win the turnover battle or keep it even, I can see them only losing by 4 here.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    But he's competent.
    I'd like to see what he could do in a 17 game season.

thomorino

Coulda woulda. Vikings are nothing.

Bears defense is on a balance beam between sucking and dominating. They have the talent to dominate there. We'll see. Bears might fall apart, but it is not inconceivable that things come together and they are very good. If everyone is thinking they have no shot, then they are surprisingly being underrated here. I mean hell, they made the playoffs last season and when I look overall now where they are, frankly I don't see why this is not a better team.
    They made the playoffs last year because Minnesota had no defense and Detroit was complete trash. Detroit isn't good but they will be better than last year and the Vikings are far more talented than the Bears on offense.

The Bears defense has been disappointing since the first year under Nagy. Its not the same defense that dominated 3 years ago.

Bears defense is good but not elite, and the offense sucks, this is likely a 6-7 team that could win 8 games if things break their way.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I'm on da Bears here.
    Me too..
    Baker overrated and will be exposed without Landry.

thomorino

If you do like the Bears the under and the Bears are a good correlated bet, Bears have close to zero chance in a high scoring game.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    But he's competent.
    I'd like to see what he could do in a 17 game season.
    Andy Dalton sucks, stop talking you dumb shit.

stevenash

I don't think anyone disputes that, although he would be an upgrade for several teams at this point, and pretty solid in terms of backup ability.
    Agreed

thomorino

Andy Dalton sucks at this point, he won 60% of his starts in Cincinnati because he had a loaded roster with Green,Eiffert, Marvin Jones, and a very good offensive line. He has nothing in Chicago other than Robinson and Montgomery.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Ok, you're right about them still thinking they have a shot, because Nagy said he expects to bring Dalton back as starter, after he's 100%. But I have to doubt that holds up into December. The Vikings losses both could have gone either way, and Green Bay's slow start means nothing because there is no talent comparison. I suppose a .500 record might win that division. You can take the Bears to win it at 5/1, but you won't.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Ok, you're right about them still thinking they have a shot, because Nagy said he expects to bring Dalton back as starter, after he's 100%. But I have to doubt that holds up into December. The Vikings losses both could have gone either way, and Green Bay's slow start means nothing because there is no talent comparison. I suppose a .500 record might win that division. You can take the Bears to win it at 5/1, but you won't.
    There's no way .500 wins the division, and the season is 17 games.

Green Bay's roster is better at every single position on offense than the Bears, and its not close. Green Bay will easily win 9 games if they don't have major injuries.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

That was kind of my point. The browns have been playing to the competition for some time.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    That was kind of my point. The browns have been playing to the competition for some time.
    No, that's wrong you dumb shit, the Browns have been cleaning up against weak teams for some time. The problem is they aren't beating top teams - like KC.

Look at the Browns record last year against winning and losing teams.

First 1234 Last