Betpoints: 10

SBR…. The Home Of The Chalk Player

We are known for this

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    We are known for this
    You ain’t talkin’ ‘bout me motherbleeper.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Majority jerky

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Embrace the CHASE!

BeatTheJerk

Majority jerky
    If I was this type of player in MLB I’d be up +10k this year instead of down -10k pal.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

chalk it up

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I don't think so. Yes you have a few guys like Doug but the majority of guys here are always trying to win with dogs. They just don't know how to.

jjgold

Mlb true your killing it betting big favs

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

AA&M -29

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

Chalk in baseball this year is 68%. Not bad being a CHALK PLAYER!! But DOGS ARE DUE RIGHT!! LMAO!

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Chalk in baseball this year is 68%. Not bad being a CHALK PLAYER!! But DOGS ARE DUE RIGHT!! LMAO!
    This fuckin’ killed me this year. I will be cautious next year if this continues & be more on the public chalk side of things, if you have to adjust it must be done. Problem is I couldn’t bring myself to do it for the most part this year, and when I did. I couldn’t time the market right in order to take advantage.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Otters blasts the song “I’m coming home” every time he logs in

jjgold

Squares bet chalks for the most part and whales

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

MLB has been killing it with favs this year but that should turn around in September. Tread lightly if you’ve been ridin the MLB fav train.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

We are known for this
    SBR is also known for its hamburgers

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post

This fuckin’ killed me this year. I will be cautious next year if this continues & be more on the public chalk side of things, if you have to adjust it must be done. Problem is I couldn’t bring myself to do it for the most part this year, and when I did. I couldn’t time the market right in order to take advantage.
    It's much more like 60%, not 68%.

Favorites have gotten killed in a few strong runs this season, including the entire months of April and July and flat most other months.

The MLB favorites had one good month this season, in June, and all that did was get back April's losses after May's flat market.

How quickly we forget.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    It's much more like 60%, not 68%.

Favorites have gotten killed in a few strong runs this season, including the entire months of April and July and flat most other months.

The MLB favorites had one good month this season, in June, and all that did was get back April's losses after May's flat market.

How quickly we forget.

Is that an open or closed number 60% ? So you’re actually saying if you flat bet the underdogs this year your +plus money KVB ? We all know faves get hammered on the open number I gotta think even @ 60% overall covers some ROI% on the year no ?

BeatTheJerk

KVB you take advantage of a closing number usually on your bets to sway your value. So that closing number on the dogs that you mainly play have greater ROI% correct ?

BeatTheJerk

It’s not that simplistic for you I know lol & there is other market tactics you use to trigger a wager.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Is that an open or closed number 60% ? So you’re actually saying if you flat bet the underdogs this year your +plus money KVB ? We all know faves get hammered on the open number I gotta think even @ 60% overall covers some ROI% on the year no ?
    Flat betting either side is a loser, but had you just bet every dog you would have been up +50 units in the first month.

Only to give it all back and then some since then. There was a theaed where I was posting these charts and talking about the difference between value in the number evaporating and the win % of either side.

This is a great topic for me to come back to Jerky. I never did follow up from that other thread. There is some good stuff to get into there on how the market ebbs and flows in both win percentages and value. You can see that when they line up it can spell disaster, or great profit if it lines up right.

Hope all is well pal, I need to catch up, lol, been on a little SBR break.

BeatTheJerk

Flat betting either side is a loser, but had you just bet every dog you would have been up +50 units in the first month.

Only to give it all back and then some since then. There was a theaed where I was posting these charts and talking about the difference between value in the number evaporating and the win % of either side.

This is a great topic for me to come back to Jerky. I never did follow up from that other thread. There is some good stuff to get into there on how the market ebbs and flows in both win percentages and value. You can see that when they line up it can spell disaster, or great profit if it lines up right.

Hope all is well pal, I need to catch up, lol, been on a little SBR break.
    I understand flat betting on either side is a winner or loser, but the timing of those bets determine a greater ROI% was my point.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB you take advantage of a closing number usually on your bets to sway your value. So that closing number on the dogs that you mainly play have greater ROI% correct ?
    It depends on the strategy. For contrarian Funds we don't buy openers, we need the market to develop, give us info. For that info, we can pay in price from the opener. But when it's contrarian the best number can be closer to the close if the line is moving, as the public and pressure moves the line. It varies so much.

Often the line isn't moving when it should, the books are taking that position, giving us contrarian bets or looks.

As far as ROI I guess it varies too. Going against those steam moves can be losers, but if the number is right a profit can still be squeezed out over time.

This was a streaky season and my MLB Contrarian Fund, even though it's not always dogs, managed to avoid the losses when the rest of the dogs started bringing the bettors down.

It's amazing the story that can be told with some charts.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I understand flat betting on either side is a winner or loser, but the timing of those bets determine a greater ROI% was my point.
    Especially this season. Betting all dogs hada a bettor up +50 units in the first month. Unreal. Meanwhile I'm crying market crash as we have a mountain in the contrarian chart...lol.

Crazy season.

BeatTheJerk

Especially this season. Betting all dogs hada a bettor up +50 units in the first month. Unreal. Meanwhile I'm crying market crash as we have a mountain in the contrarian chart...lol.

Crazy season.
    I saw you take advantage of that in the month of July as well big-time and your winning percentage were way higher than in a normal month.

BeatTheJerk

It depends on the strategy. For contrarian Funds we don't buy openers, we need the market to develop, give us info. For that info, we can pay in price from the opener. But when it's contrarian the best number can be closer to the close if the line is moving, as the public and pressure moves the line. It varies so much.

Often the line isn't moving when it should, the books are taking that position, giving us contrarian bets or looks.

As far as ROI I guess it varies too. Going against those steam moves can be losers, but if the number is right a profit can still be squeezed out over time.

This was a streaky season and my MLB Contrarian Fund, even though it's not always dogs, managed to avoid the losses when the rest of the dogs started bringing the bettors down.

It's amazing the story that can be told with some charts.
    Whenever you get some time we can revisit that thread no rush enjoy your time off pal
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I saw you take advantage of that in the month of July as well big-time and your winning percentage were way higher than in a normal month.
    Yeah, it was that elevated win percentage that was a part of the decision to pull out some of the Funds. I'll show those charts, it's been sideways while I was not posting.

Right now I'm about to eat, not chalk, but cheese.

As in double cheesebuger.

BeatTheJerk

Yeah, it was that elevated win percentage that was a part of the decision to pull out some of the Funds. I'll show those charts, it's been sideways while I was not posting.

Right now I'm about to eat, not chalk, but cheese.

As in double cheesebuger.

Enjoy it you fuckin’ big time winner you

jjgold

Anytime people bet bigger money it’s always the favorite, It’s been that way since the beginning

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4205

My rule of thumb is, I never make a bet that can lose more than it can win. Two or three team parlays are the way to go or I use alternate lines to eliminate the juice. Or just straight up dog moneyline bets.

For example, I see Rays are -170 on Thursday which looks like it should win. Am I gonna risk 170 to win 100? Hell no.

This is how I'd look into making a 3 teamer at plus money: Rays ml -170, Ohio St. ml -600, Alabama ml -1000.

Now we only risk 100 at +103.82 odds. Plenty of bettors leave money off the table by not doing things like this.

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

Quote Originally Posted by Covering the # View Post
    My rule of thumb is, I never make a bet that can lose more than it can win. Two or three team parlays are the way to go or I use alternate lines to eliminate the juice. Or just straight up dog moneyline bets.

For example, I see Rays are -170 on Thursday which looks like it should win. Am I gonna risk 170 to win 100? Hell no.

This is how I'd look into making a 3 teamer at plus money: Rays ml -170, Ohio St. ml -600, Alabama ml -1000.

Now we only risk 100 at +103.82 odds. Plenty of bettors leave money off the table by not doing things like this.
    Totally simplistic way of looking at it assuming large ML favs. are gonna automatically win. You do realize with this method you're still risking $100 to win $58 on the Rays at -170 but just rolling over that potential $158 on a 2TP at -600 & -1000?
    Last edited by Doug tushyterror; 09-01-21 at 11:38 PM.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Heavy and all on Ohio State.

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4205

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Totally simplistic way of looking at it assuming large ML favs. are gonna automatically win. You do realize with this method you're still risking $100 to win $58 on the Rays at -170 but just rolling over that potential $158 on a 2TP at -600 & -1000?
    This is how I see it. If someone had just only taken the Rays -170 and it loses right off the bat, the parlay saves them $70 by not betting $170. If the Rays win, then there's always the possibility to hedge, (and live bet) the other games and possibly scoop. Could end up even better than +103.82 when all is said and done.

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

Quote Originally Posted by Covering the # View Post
    This is how I see it. If someone had just only taken the Rays -170 and it loses right off the bat, the parlay saves them $70 by not betting $170. If the Rays win, then there's always the possibility to hedge, (and live bet) the other games and possibly scoop. Could end up even better than +103.82 when all is said and done.
    I'm just talking about the $100 you're risking in your parlay. The only reason you're not risking $170 is because of the other 2 teams that are not guaranteed to win to get + money. Unless you're taking one team at + money there's no edge using your strategy to avoid laying juice.

12 Last