TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

ESPN requiring all employees to get the Covid shot

BRISTOL, CT (8/3/2021) - The worldwide leader in sports is requiring their employees be vaccinated against the coronavirus.

The Walt Disney Company, which owns ESPN, made the announcement just a few days ago.

An ESPN spokesperson said their employees will, in turn, follow the Walt Disney Company's mandate.

All salaried and non-union employees have sixty days to get the COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof that they've been vaccinated.

The decision comes amid an increase in coronavirus cases in not only Connecticut, but across the country.

Currently, ESPN is in the midst of covering Major League Baseball, the start of NFL training camp, among other major sports, and will be covering NCAA Division I-A football starting this month.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

everyone company going to force people to get shots

love it
    Points Awarded:

beefcake gave jjgold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

good hopefully more companies to follow

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

First they bust up the Big 12 and now this!!! Luckily I cut the cord a couple of years ago and cannot watch it.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

A video of what many have to say to covid, the vaccine, and new variant

At first, I was afraid, I was petrified
    Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side
    But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
    And I grew strong, and I learned how to get along

And so you're back from outer space
    I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face
    I should have changed that stupid lock
    I should have made you leave your key
    If I'd have known for just one second you'd be back to bother me

Go on now, go. Walk out the door
    Just turn around now 'cause you're not welcome anymore
    Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye?
    Did you think I'd crumble?
    Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh, no, not I
    I will survive
    Oh, as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive
    I've got all my life to live
    I've got all my love to give
    And I'll survive
    I will survive, hey, hey
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Hman 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22798

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh F-K espn nothing but losers

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Doesn't sbr have a few espn posters? I could've sworn they got paid for their expert analysis based on the way they post here

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Remember when they had a live fantasy football auction and some libtard got offended because they thought it looked like a slave auction and then ESPN apologized for it?

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    First they bust up the Big 12 and now this!!! Luckily I cut the cord a couple of years ago and cannot watch it.
    Is the Big12 still looking into suing espn?

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Doesn't sbr have a few espn posters? I could've sworn they got paid for their expert analysis based on the way they post here

I post ESPN PLUS Material because several here who don't have access to it have asked me to
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Most of them have probably been vaccinated anyway.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Is the Big12 still looking into suing espn?
    It is hard to sue them and keep getting paid. They are mad at them. Only hope now is ESPN puts them in the Big 10 and Pac 12 to make up for it.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7049

Yes, force people to get that shot! Which is usually two. Then probably three soon.

Which allows you the privilege of still being able to get Covid, still able to spread it, and the off chance you can die from it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawkwind

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

There is no way this holds at the Supreme Court level

You cannot force otherwise healthy people to take unwanted medical treatment that is still classified as experimental
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Machba, Hman, and Jayvegas420

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Good, this just passed muster at IU in Bloomington, Indiana.

Get the shot or you're free to go elsewhere, same with employers. Get vaccinated or f uck off and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Pretty simple
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Brock Landers 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    Yes, force people to get that shot! Which is usually two. Then probably three soon.

Which allows you the privilege of still being able to get Covid, still able to spread it, and the off chance you can die from it.
    Yup. Welcome to xiden's America

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5366

The liberals say "govern me more daddy" they support taking away freedom. Sick individuals

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    The liberals say "govern me more daddy" they support taking away freedom. Sick individuals
    Watch out Demon. No place is safe. Walmart security guards are next….

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Watch out Demon. No place is safe. Walmart security guards are next….
    How would that affect me? I never go to walmart.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I wonder if, ESPN mandated all employees only write w their right hand, if that'd be OK?

Or how about all employees take chemo even if they're healthy...

Just ridiculous

stake1

How would that affect me? I never go to walmart.
    Only thing walton-mart was good for was pre-Btc, funding offshore and collecting payouts.
    When books started accepting Btc? that was the last time I made a trip to walton-ville

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Only thing walton-mart was good for was pre-Btc, funding offshore and collecting payouts.
    When books started accepting Btc? that was the last time I made a trip to walton-ville
    Same man!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

GL policing it when you require restaurants to only allow vaccinated people

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I wonder if, ESPN mandated all employees only write w their right hand, if that'd be OK?Or how about all employees take chemo even if they're healthy...Just ridiculous
    Fats, it’s not ridiculous. Employers have a duty to protect their workers. Do you know how much effort and money some companies have had to take to combat this virus? I’m talking hiring people to wipe down stairs, handrails, elevators every hour. Sanitary stations, spraying down chairs and desks. Limiting social distancing, etc. Why go through all that because of a selfish few? The data is glaringly clear. Vaccines work. Companies do not want their workers dying needlessly. It’s a simple choice. Get vaccinated or stay home. Many companies are still offering work from home. But if you are out in public, especially representing a company like ESPN, you have to get the shot to protect their interest. You don’t like it? Go work somewhere else.

Methodist hospital in Houston required it months ago. A bunch of nurses and employees refused to get the shot and they were all terminated. The Supreme Court upheld the firings.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I wonder if, ESPN mandated all employees only write w their right hand, if that'd be OK?
    well no

but that's because they employee a lot of let's say "dumber" individuals

we all know most of them can't write to begin with

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Get the damn shot and STFU. Enough of this stupidity.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Fats, it’s not ridiculous. Employers have a duty to protect their workers. Do you know how much effort and money some companies have had to take to combat this virus? I’m talking hiring people to wipe down stairs, handrails, elevators every hour. Sanitary stations, spraying down chairs and desks. Limiting social distancing, etc. Why go through all that because of a selfish few? The data is glaringly clear. Vaccines work. Companies do not want their workers dying needlessly. It’s a simple choice. Get vaccinated or stay home. Many companies are still offering work from home. But if you are out in public, especially representing a company like ESPN, you have to get the shot to protect their interest. You don’t like it? Go work somewhere else.

Methodist hospital in Houston required it months ago. A bunch of nurses and employees refused to get the shot and they were all terminated. The Supreme Court upheld the firings.

But it's already fact that being vaccinated doesn't prevent spread nor prevent you from catching it.

The ONLY argument those in favor of it have is that it might...and I reiterate MIGHT....lessen the symptoms & effects of it when you catch it. And even that isn't proven.

So what purpose does it serve?

One again...if you believe in it, then take it
    If not, don't.

People who haven't taken the vaccine aren't bitching about those who have.

If getting the vaccine stopped the spread then it would be a no-brainer that everyone should be urged to take it.

But it doesn't, so this isn't hard to understand.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Getting the shot is the stupidity. You are against freedom. Experimental vaccine and you jump right on board.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

If getting the vaccine stopped a person from catching it, and prevented the spread to other ppl, I'd get it.

But it doesn't.

It's pointless except for those who feel they aren't in good health and should get it to lighten the symptoms when you have it

Too many ppl confuse 'vaccine' with 'cure'

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    If getting the vaccine stopped a person from catching it, and prevented the spread to other ppl, I'd get it.

But it doesn't.

It's pointless except for those who feel they aren't in good health and should get it to lighten the symptoms when you have it
    Quit confusing the liberals with facts. They don't like it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

There is no way this holds at the Supreme Court level

You cannot force otherwise healthy people to take unwanted medical treatment that is still classified as experimental
    They're not forced to. They are not forced to work at ESPN.

As long as they are not discriminating against a protected class, they can condition private employment on whatever they damn well please. If you fee otherwise, you are against freedom.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE), sometimes less precisely called immune enhancement or disease enhancement, is a phenomenon in which binding

of a virus to suboptimal antibodies enhances its entry into host cells, followed by its replication.

ADE may cause enhanced respiratory disease and acute lung injury after respiratory virus infection (ERD)

with symptoms of monocytic infiltration and an excess of eosinophils in respiratory tract.

ADE along with type 2 T helper cell-dependent mechanisms may contribute to a development of the

vaccine associated disease enhancement (VADE), which is not limited to
    respiratory disease.

Some vaccine candidates that targeted coronaviruses, RSV virus and Dengue virus elicited VADE, and
    were terminated from further development or became approved for use only for patients who have had those viruses before.

~~~~~~~

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    They're not forced to. They are not forced to work at ESPN.

As long as they are not discriminating against a protected class, they can condition private employment on whatever they damn well please. If you fee otherwise, you are against freedom.
    So you believe every employer can ask any medical history they want? That is against freedom.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

So you believe every employer can ask any medical history they want? That is against freedom.
    "Any" medical history? Not necessarily. But as long as it's applied evenly and it's to keep their employees safe, yes. That's the law.

Pre-Employment Inquiries and Medical Questions & Examinations

The ADA places restrictions on employers when it comes to asking job applicants to answer medical questions, take a medical exam, or identify a disability.

An employer may not ask a job applicant, for example, if he or she has a disability (or about the nature of an obvious disability). An employer also may not ask a job applicant to answer medical questions or take a medical exam before making a job offer.

An employer may ask a job applicant whether they can perform the job and how they would perform the job. The law allows an employer to condition a job offer on the applicant answering certain medical questions or successfully passing a medical exam, but only if all new employees in the same job have to answer the questions or take the exam.

Once a person is hired and has started work, an employer generally can only ask medical questions or require a medical exam if the employer needs medical documentation to support an employee's request for an accommodation or if the employer has reason to believe an employee would not be able to perform a job successfully or safely because of a medical condition.

The law also requires that the employers keep all medical records and information confidential and in separate medical files.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave d2bets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    But it's already fact that being vaccinated doesn't prevent spread nor prevent you from catching it.The ONLY argument those in favor of it have is that it might...and I reiterate MIGHT....lessen the symptoms & effects of it when you catch it. And even that isn't proven.So what purpose does it serve?
    One again...if you believe in it, then take it
    If not, don't.
    People who haven't taken the vaccine aren't bitching about those who have.
    If getting the vaccine stopped the spread then it would be a no-brainer that everyone should be urged to take it.
    But it doesn't, so this isn't hard to understand.
    HMAN - you took one study that showed that some vaccinated people could spread the virus and now you made that a FACT. That study DID NOT prove that the vaccine does not prevent you from catching it. The one truth we call can agree on is that the numbers of people with Covid, the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths PLUMMETTED with the vaccines. Another truth is that the numbers are spiking right now because of a new variant (delta) and the majority of sick and dying people are unvaccinated. The vaccines are doing their purpose. That is the truth. Everything else you are talking about is conjecture.

Are you fukkking kidding me? Non vaxxers aren't bitching about those who have? Are you serious? All you non vaxxers have done is spread lies and misinformation. Non vaxxers go out there way to bash the vaccines and why they won't take it. Every thread in SBR some antivax comes in and says something negative about the vaccines, how it's communist, how it's the government control and how we are being injected with nanobots or some shit. The nonvaxxers have been nothing but little shits.

The vaccines clearly stop the spread. I've personally been around several people that entire households have had covid and I did not get it. I am positive the Moderna shot protected me. Yes, there's been breakthroughs but much lower than the total numbers of people vaccinated. You are taking a few breakthrough cases to prove that the vaccines don't work. That's shoddy science bro.

The numbers do not lie. Vaccinated people and those who have had covid are the only way to get to herd immunity. Right now, we're at 50%. We need at least 75%, so either we get more people vaccinated or we wait for the rest of people to get infected which will take about 7 to 10 years. You do the math.

1234 ... Last