Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Just a matter of time before Bookmaker & BetOnline pull out of NY (4-6 months max)

Considering they did so in NJ in 2019 when it became legal, early next year would be the logical guess. (Surprised Bovada didn't wait till then). Not even mad cuz FD & DK have way better live betting options anyway.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153456

hi tushy, when's your next gambling trip?

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    hi tushy, when's your next gambling trip?
    Sup Roy, hopefully not anytime soon which means I have funds offshore.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

I’ve lived in LA for over 2 years and Bovada closed my account bc I opened it in ny. I explained to them that I moved in with my girl and the utility bills were in her name and that the only snail mail i got was from my banks. I was originally told that would suffice but after sending it in they changed it up on me and sent me this.

Hello Nicholas,

If you can provide the Utility Bill, along with a written letter from your girlfriend proving that you indeed live with her, we may consider granting an exception. This is not a guarantee. The letter also has to be signed by your girlfriend.

Also, allow her to submit the following:

- A copy of your government-issued Photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport).

- An image of your ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) held up next to your face.

Regards,

Bovada Verification

LOL!!!! Are you facking kidding me??? I try and keep my gambling addiction under the radar. Not trying to have my girl write me a permission slip to gamble like I’m 12 years old. Oh well... no more online poker for me anymore. Probably for the best being stuck to bookmaker / heritage for strictly sports action anyway. I was stinking it up playing those double up sit n gos. Had been with them since bodog days early 2000s.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: scottgodson1985

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

If bookmaker one day makes me jump through hoops to keep my account I’ll send them nudes of my girl signing my permission slip if need be.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    I’ve lived in LA for over 2 years and Bovada closed my account bc I opened it in ny. I explained to them that I moved in with my girl and the utility bills were in her name and that the only snail mail i got was from my banks. I was originally told that would suffice but after sending it in they changed it up on me and sent me this.

Hello Nicholas,

If you can provide the Utility Bill, along with a written letter from your girlfriend proving that you indeed live with her, we may consider granting an exception. This is not a guarantee. The letter also has to be signed by your girlfriend.

- A copy of your government-issued Photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport).

- An image of your ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) held up next to your face.

Regards,

Bovada Verification

LOL!!!! Are you facking kidding me??? I try and keep my gambling addiction under the radar. Not trying to have my girl write me a permission slip to gamble like I’m 12 years old. Oh well... no more online poker for me anymore. Probably for the best being stuck to bookmaker / heritage for strictly sports action anyway. I was stinking it up playing those double up sit n gos. Had been with them since bodog days early 2000s.
    Gotta be the dumbest shit I ever heard. How exactly would they know it was your gf writing the letter & signing it?

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

LOL

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post

Hello Nicholas,

Regards,

Bovada Verification

You could just order a landline phone service at the address in your name.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

so easy to alter utility bills and look 100000000% authentic

Offshore will eventually change names and servers if needed always ahead of the curve

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

I'll throw the BS flag at least on BOL hopping. BM? If BM gets their .com back that is a mighty good name for the big legal stage.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I'll throw the BS flag at least on BOL hopping. BM? If BM gets their .com back that is a mighty good name for the big legal stage.
    There is no legal stage for offshore books

Its all monopolized 3 books USA

Nobody can dent them

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Nobody can dent them

You don't need to crack the top 3 to hit the big time. TX and CA are the big prizes not the Mississippi's. Maybe a BM.com just tries to get a license in those two states? Probably won't happen but it wouldn't be a shock either.

jjgold

The problem is they couldn’t keep up with the big boys advertising and giving away perks they would go broke

These big companies are publicly traded with massive amounts of money maybe they can find a little niche OK I’ll give them that but that’s all it would ever be

Maybe 1 to 3% of the market in a given state

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

There are more the 3 books in the usa.
    In Illinois there is DraftKings, FanDuel, WilliamHill, Pointsbet, and BetRivers.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Nobody can dent them

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13815

I hope not. They have to stand up at some point. Can't let states like New York go.

jjgold

I doubt it

Bookmaker and Bovada way different management

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    There are more the 3 books in the usa.
    In Illinois there is DraftKings, FanDuel, WilliamHill, Pointsbet, and BetRivers.
    Caesars, mgm, barstool. You missed a bunch and that's still probably not all of them just the ones i can remember.

habitualwinning

Whats the deal with 5dimes? I thought i heard they were going legal usa. That was by far the best offshore book. Best lines and best variety of markets. Shame they're gone.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Whats the deal with 5dimes? I thought i heard they were going legal usa. That was by far the best offshore book. Best lines and best variety of markets. Shame they're gone.
    Would you like to buy a bridge?

I wouldn't trust anything said by a book while they were in the process of pulling the rug out from under its customer base. It may end up being true. But all we know for sure about that messaging is that 5Dimes thought it would be the best story for people to swallow.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Would you like to buy a bridge?

I wouldn't trust anything said by a book while they were in the process of pulling the rug out from under its customer base. It may end up being true. But all we know for sure about that messaging is that 5Dimes thought it would be the best story for people to swallow.
    No i only use legal usa books. Thats why im interested if 5d is going legal or not. Id gladly lay a -110 line legal usa vs a -107 latin book anyday. My money is safe at the 110 usa book. My payout is ready as soon as game ends. I get tons of comps and free bets. Im the most pro American and pro legal usa book guy on this site. Shove that bridge up your ass pal.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

No i only use legal usa books. Thats why im interested if 5d is going legal or not. Id gladly lay a -110 line legal usa vs a -107 latin book anyday. My money is safe at the 110 usa book. My payout is ready as soon as game ends. I get tons of comps and free bets. Im the most pro American and pro legal usa book guy on this site. Shove that bridge up your ass pal.
    lmao fukk the usa juice

RoyBacon

I'm too lazy to go legit. No taxes, great lines, lot more to bet on, bonuses, etc. Best of all I never have to get out of my chair.