Enikk
    Enikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

penetrating lame. From the everyone get an award generation. Give the fans/World what they want. A clear winner. If they want to split/take turns with their gold and silver so be but play it out. We not gonna plat out World cups or Super Bowls. penetrating pussies.

Enikk

Man, I butchered my last post but that shit pissed me off. No sportsmanship involved. Wanted Gold for not earning it. Typical entitled World we live in.

Enikk

1st shift JJ thinks it was good sportsmanship but just wait until 2nd and 3rd shift JJ see it.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25546

This has happened before.
    Last winter Olympics?
    I think they should jump it out, but i only have a problem if they both go home with a physical gold medal.
    They should have to ship it back and forth every month for the rest of their lives.
    Not long before they will be in court fighting for full custody.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    ...I think they should jump it out, but i only have a problem if they both go home with a physical gold medal.
    They should have to ship it back and forth every month for the rest of their lives...
    That seems fair.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Do it again.

Just like Golf.

You get a winner. If you want to have a potential tie result available, fine, but calling to end it when the judge say you can jump off in the Olympics is a little shady. At least have some sort of attempt to settle the tie.

The athletes shouldn't be deciding a tie without completing the event.
    Yup, NO jump....NO medal of any color.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

The rules say it can be declared a tie without a jump-off. There have been lots of shared medals in the Olympics, including gold medals, high jump medals, and even one gold high jump medal before this year.

If no jump-off is carried out, including where the relevant athletes at any stage decide not to jump further, the tie for first place shall remain.

There are a number of ways in which a jump-off may be terminated:a. by provision in advance of the competition set out in the regulations;b. by decision during the competition by the Technical Delegate (or Referee if there is no Technical Delegate);c. by decision of the athletes not to jump further prior to or at any stage of the jump-off
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave TommieGunshot 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pablo222

Gunner. We need to know if it is split custody of the medal.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18971

I understand sharing a medal where 2 competitors have been beaten and it's unfair to make 2 'broken' competitors compete against each other, (such as the bronze medal in boxing), but that didn't apply here. I understand there are timing and distance events where medals are shared, but that didn't need to apply here. Colluding for medals cheapens the Olympic Games as a whole.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18971

Gunner. We need to know if it is split custody of the medal.
    They both get a gold medal and the title of Olympic Champion. No silver medal is awarded if there's a tie for gold.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22858

PATHETIC what are they 4 year olds and receiving a participation medal no medal should be issued to either its a competition to win oh ya this is the new normal for most of you, NOT ME
    Points Awarded:

Enikk gave hawkwind 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    The rules say it can be declared a tie without a jump-off. There have been lots of shared medals in the Olympics, including gold medals, high jump medals, and even one gold high jump medal before this year.
    Yes, we know it's rule, the judge made it clear. That wasn't in question.

The fact that it's a rule without any sort of attempt to jump off is crazy and it did result in collusion, that can not be argued. The video clearly shows (arguably all three, but at least the jumpers) colluding to reach this result, starting with the jumpers for sure.

Can't believe they let Olympians do that so arbitrarily.

Remember, collusion doesn't have to be agains the rules, it isn't in this case, even though collusion is defined as illegal. In fact it's written write into what Gunshot posted.

I guess we can't call it collusion, we have to call it collaboration.
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave KVB 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

How do you mean jump off? Just keep going until one dies or something? Why would they jump at the same or lower height to win a high jump contest

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Do it again.

Just like Golf.

You get a winner. If you want to have a potential tie result available, fine, but calling to end it when the judge say you can jump off in the Olympics is a little shady. At least have some sort of attempt to settle the tie.

I will agree with you they should not ask the athletes what they want. That is odd as fvvk.

But it would be gaay as fvvk if they kept lowering the bar until one fvvker was just too gassed to clear say 4'. LOL

I'd be good at giving them 5 extra attempts at 7'7".

Keep in mind the gold should go to the man who jumped the highest. I agree with Mac on that, to make them jump all night and continuing to lower the bar is not the high jump. It's some other event.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave RoyBacon 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pablo222

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    How do you mean jump off? Just keep going until one dies or something? Why would they jump at the same or lower height to win a high jump contest
    Dies? Do they move to a steep cliff for sudden death overtime?

pablo222

In all seriousness, don't they get 3 attempts and that plays into who wins as they lower bar? I rememeber a high school track meet that came down to the high jump at they were looking at attempts at each height on the way up and way down

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

If two competitors have the exact same amount of clearances at the same heights and fail three times at a higher height and the rules state that in this case they both get gold, I'm okay with it. But I'm not okay with them having a conversation and just agreeing on sharing gold, what kind of crap is that? That's not how medals should be won.
    Lame indeed.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Do it again.
    Just like Golf.
    And if one of them got injured trying to keep attempting a jump they couldn't make? You're missing the point. BOTH jumpers attempted to jump 7'7 or whatever it was 3 TIMES. They couldn't make it. You want to give them more attempts? How is that fair? Why not give the losers more attempts too then? Once you miss 3 times at a height, game is over.

Mac4Lyfe

In all seriousness, don't they get 3 attempts and that plays into who wins as they lower bar? I rememeber a high school track meet that came down to the high jump at they were looking at attempts at each height on the way up and way down
    They both had equal amount of attempts, thus the tie. If one had fewer attempts, they would have won.

Some of you clearly don't understand jumping. A kid that has a 32" vertical is not going to all of a sudden get a 34" inch vertical the same damn day. A guy jumping 7'6 doesn't just jump 7'7 or 7'8 all of a sudden. They both hit their peak for the day. They ain't going no higher. Now you add fatigue and they are more likely to jump lower, not higher. It would be ludicrous to have them jump a lower bar where other jumper may have cleared too. Now you just open up an entire can of worms. I've worked high jump and long jump pits and have seen several ties in competition. Obviously not at the Olympic level but it happens a lot. Why are some of you using this as some type of "everyone gets a trophy" moment. NO everyone did not get a gold medal. The rules clearly included provisions for ties.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    If two competitors have the exact same amount of clearances at the same heights and fail three times at a higher height and the rules state that in this case they both get gold, I'm okay with it. But I'm not okay with them having a conversation and just agreeing on sharing gold, what kind of crap is that? That's not how medals should be won.
    Lame indeed.
    They DID NOT have a conversation about sharing the gold. The refs approached the guy from Qatar as he thought he was supposed to keep jumping. They informed him that he did not have to keep jumping and that it would be a tie if he didn't want to continue. He agreed and it was a tie. The refs told him the rules. He didn't make that shit up.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

both these guys been fudge packing each other for years. thats why they shared

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

They DID NOT have a conversation about sharing the gold. The refs approached the guy from Qatar as he thought he was supposed to keep jumping. They informed him that he did not have to keep jumping and that it would be a tie if he didn't want to continue. He agreed and it was a tie. The refs told him the rules. He didn't make that shit up.
    I fail to see when he thought he needed to keep jumping after failing to clear 2.39 three times. The other guy failed three times too at the same height. Then they agreed to share gold, instead of having a jump-off.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

First Simone Biles and now this. The Olympics are clearly too triggering for you guys, watch Ellen instead

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Some countries pay athletes for getting medals and more $ for gold. Makes sense if they get more $ for gold. Not sure if that had anything to do with this scenario

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

wut if 3 had tied
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-04-21 at 09:50 AM.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    wut if 3 had tied
    You do what the Scripps Bee had to do. Award each person the winner and pay all 8 kids the $50k prize money.

Spelling Bee ends in unprecedented 8-way tie

In the most extraordinary ending in the 94-year history of the Scripps National Spelling Bee, a record eight spellers were crowned co-champions Thursday night after each correctly spelled a word in the 20th and final round.

Mac4Lyfe

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

How do books grade this crap? Do they split the odds like they do with ties in golf or pay full odds on each athlete?

First 12