For third round pick.

Source: ESPN

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

stil370
    stil370's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2278

makes complete sense. I believe that alot of these young QBs havent had a real chance to develop. everybody wants instant results Aaron Rogers sat behind Favre for a few years and when he stepped in he was ready.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Great reporting Horsee

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

Adiós. Guy is a bum.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

not bad for that, surprised they didnt get more. Maybe because it can become a 2.

Will be best team he has played with.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Bears offer were players and a #1 but Wentz didn’t wanna go there

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

He will fail . Team will not make playoffs. Just another overhyped QB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    He will fail . Team will not make playoffs. Just another overhyped QB
    Disagree. Guy would have won the mvp in 2017. With the Colts O line he will play well

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

DwightShrute

If Carson Wentz’s playtime is at or above 75% next season, the conditional 2022 second-round pick would become a first-round pick, per sources. The second-round pick also.could become a first if Wentz plays at least 70 percent of the plays and the Colts go to the playoffs.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade star quarterback Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts for a 2021 third-round draft pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first-rounder, league sources tell ESPN.

The Eagles will receive the 85th overall pick in this year's draft, and the conditional second-rounder can become a first-round pick based on Wentz's playing time, according to sources. Wentz needs to play at least 75% of the Colts' offensive snaps for the 2022 conditional pick to convey to a first-rounder, according to sources.

The pick also could become a first-rounder if Wentz plays at least 70% of the snaps and the Colts reach the playoffs. But the worst the 2022 pick can be is a second-rounder, meaning the Eagles are assured of netting two value picks for the former No. 2 overall selection in the 2016 draft.

The Eagles and Colts spent much of the past two weeks trying to finalize the trade, which cannot be officially processed until the new NFL year begins March 17.

The Eagles will take a $33.8 million dead cap hit -- the largest dead-cap hit that any team ever has taken for a player -- while the Colts will assume the balance of Wentz's $128 million extension, including the $10 million guaranteed roster bonus due on March 19.

Each team walks away with what it wanted across all fronts: Wentz will be reunited with Colts head coach Frank Reich, his former offensive coordinator in Philadelphia, and help fill the void left by Philip Rivers' retirement while the Eagles are likely to turn to Jalen Hurts, though they also intend to bring in competition for him. The Eagles' starting job is not expected to automatically be Hurts'.

Trading Wentz marks the end of an unexpected chapter and year with the Eagles. Wentz went from a former MVP candidate to backing up Hurts -- a rookie second-round pick in 2020 -- while his relationship with former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson disintegrated.

Wentz wanted out of Philadelphia -- despite the fact that the Eagles hired former Colts offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni as their new head coach.

Thursday's blockbuster trade also continues an already tumultuous offseason for quarterbacks.

Less than three weeks after the Los Angeles Rams traded Jared Goff, the former No. 1 overall pick of the 2016 draft, to the Detroit Lions for fellow quarterback Matthew Stafford, the Eagles now have traded the former No. 2 overall pick of the same draft to the Colts.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...wo-draft-picks

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Wish they had Rivers back for for one more season.
    I think River's family convinced him to retire.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Disagree. Guy would have won the mvp in 2017. With the Colts O line he will play well
    Its 2021 pal. He did HORRIBLE last season. You are as good as your last season

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Indi gonna win 12 games this year

Hous dead
    Jax dead
    Tenn window closing

Skookum
    Skookum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6158

Great place for him. All he needs is to get his confidence back. Philly didn't get more because of his huge contract. I think Frank Reich will be great for Wentz. And Fats is right, the division is getting weaker at the right time for Indy.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Skookum 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Its 2021 pal. He did HORRIBLE last season. You are as good as your last season
    With no offensive line. Tell me how Mahomes played w Fischer out?

Tell ya what. Shoot me a pm. Find the odds on the Colts not making the playoffs. 200 seem fair?

Ill be in FLA as well so can easily settle up

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol 6-10

he is terrible

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Wentz is worse than Trubisky.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

the Colts O-line will make a huge difference. The guy was sacked 50 times last season!! 50, that leads the NFL
    and also tops for yards lost on those 50 sacks

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Bears offer were players and a #1 but Wentz didn’t wanna go there

Don't blame him

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

He'll take them to the playoffs every year. How far he goes after that and wether he stays healthy is another question. He's a good QB with the right system and a good offensive line. 3rd and a 2nd (which could be a 1st) seems to be the right price. Philly is in a rebuild anyway, they need a lot more talent across the board besides a franchise QB. Not to mention that huge contract.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    disagree.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I still think he can be a good QB with an Oline and good coaching staff

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Rivers was trash, a pick off machine

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Quarterback needs to be liked and/or respected by his teammates.

Wentz appeared to be neither, so good trade for Eagles to move his salary off the books and good trade for Colts/Reich since they know what they are getting and what he is physically capable of.

If Reich can get him to buy in to the Colts there is no reason to believe they wont be a playoff team in 2021

ToneKapone13
    ToneKapone13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

They didnt get more because the Colts now have to take on that LARGE contract...

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    not bad for that, surprised they didnt get more. Maybe because it can become a 2.

Will be best team he has played with.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2114

If healthy, its a steal for just a 3rd rounder.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    i think rivers realized it might be tough to get to the super bowl with the chiefs, ravens and bills around and his skills diminishing.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

lots of talk in Philly that he went really soft after he signed the big deal, didn't work hard, fundamentals and mechanics were poor, undermined the coach, didn't take responsibility in the locker room for his poor play, acted like a little pissbaby when he was benched, etc.

Indy's getting a guy who is a major reclamation project. In a few years I wouldn't be surprised if he's either a consistent pro-bowler or out of the league.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    I think Wentz will rebound, but Trubisky is not as bad as people think. Chicago's O-line has been just as bad as Philly's if not worse. Reich and Wentz know each other so thats where we're going. I'm excited as a Colts fan in Indy. I would roll the dice too and trade our 1st/2nd and something to move up and get Pitts too. That kid is a future HOF TE if he can stay healthy

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    lots of talk in Philly that he went really soft after he signed the big deal, didn't work hard, fundamentals and mechanics were poor, undermined the coach, didn't take responsibility in the locker room for his poor play, acted like a little pissbaby when he was benched, etc.

Indy's getting a guy who is a major reclamation project. In a few years I wouldn't be surprised if he's either a consistent pro-bowler or out of the league.
    Wentz was rated #31 this year. He was horrible and no way to sugar coat it. I will say though that I've never seen a QB get hit less in my life then Rivers this season. He almost always had a clean pocket. The Colts Oline is a little overrated with their run blocking, but they have to be one of the top 2-3 pass blocking units in the league!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post

Where did you hear this? Are you from philly ?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

We do not know who well Indy will do with Wentz, though JJ said 6-10 which means that 10-6 is certainly in play. JJ can't pick his arse, much less anything else.

What we do know is that Philly is a last place team in the worst Division in the NFL. This season they must play the NFC South and the AFC West, plus Detroit and the 49ers. 6 wins will be good for this team that has no QB, and a front office that seems totally lost in space.

123 Last