spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

Kstate and Iowa state might end up in the damn MAC. Noone wants them. I can't imagine the pac 12 would take any of the remaining leftovers.

At least tcu has the huge Dallas market and baylor just won the tourny.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

PAC 12 will probably not take Baylor or TCU. They won't want any religious, conservative private schools. That's the same reason they won't take BYU. Can't see them wanting to go to towns like Stillwater or Lubbock. If they expand, they would probably stay close to home like San Diego State, Boise State, or some Nevada school. If Kansas moves to the BIG, I think they are forced to try and make a merger deal with the AAC.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Oklahoma State now rumored to Big 10. Not sure what OSU offers anybody.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    You are over looking the value of the Mike Gundy Mullet!!!!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

They're the third best college football program in the Big 12 and near the top in basketball... In terms of revenue those are really the only two sports that matter

But OkSt is also a national wrestling powerhouse and has a great baseball program. One of the few schools that can offer something year round

Kansas is great at only basketball, no other big 12 school is good at anything

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

Mich state and Rutgers are so bad at football now there's no reason Oklahoma state or Baylor couldn't be average in the big 10

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    They're the third best college football program in the Big 12 and near the top in basketball... In terms of revenue those are really the only two sports that matter

But OkSt is also a national wrestling powerhouse and has a great baseball program. One of the few schools that can offer something year round

It does not matter. They bring half of Oklahoma City and Tulsa? They are worthless to a conference. When you put all these schools together and get a region, you have something. But why are you going to put Oklahoma State in the Big 10 and give them money. Give the money to Houston and let them kick your ass and then you will get a market. For the reasons they make these moves, it makes no sense.

It is the same with TCU. The only two TCU fans I have ever met both played at TCU. Nobody in Texas cares about TCU. They are not even popular in DFW. Yet these schools want to throw them money. You better off giving the money to North Texas and letting them become TCU which will take about three years.

The Kraken

It does not matter. They bring half of Oklahoma City and Tulsa? They are worthless to a conference. When you put all these schools together and get a region, you have something. But why are you going to put Oklahoma State in the Big 10 and give them money. Give the money to Houston and let them kick your ass and then you will get a market. For the reasons they make these moves, it makes no sense.

It is the same with TCU. The only two TCU fans I have ever met both played at TCU. Nobody in Texas cares about TCU. They are not even popular in DFW. Yet these schools want to throw them money. You better off giving the money to North Texas and letting them become TCU which will take about three years.
    Im going to trust the Big 10 knows better than you what makes sense for their conference

And You still thinking geographically about what markets a team brings in is telling. Houston bc Houston is larger??? Theres more OkSt fans in Houston than there are UofH fans

Roger T. Bannon

Im going to trust the Big 10 knows better than you what makes sense for their conference

And You still thinking geographically about what markets a team brings in is telling. Houston bc Houston is larger??? Theres more OkSt fans in Houston than there are UofH fans
    Well if you are going to trust the wisdom of conferences in their decisions and hires, I think we end it here.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Last I checked UT is great in baseball, were a #2 seed in basketball and top 10 in many sports like golf, swimming, etc.

Texas hasn’t won a National title in football in 18 years but they are still a great program.

Roger T. Bannon

OSU is trying to get in the Big 10. I can't blame them. If they let Kansas in, maybe they get in. I'd take them over Iowa State. Kansas makes some sense. OSU not so much.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

AAC and Big 12 should join up and be like old Conference USA. Just pick up all the orphans and and rag tag teams and put them ALL together. Conference USA had more teams than ANY conference at one time.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Last I checked UT is great in baseball, were a #2 seed in basketball and top 10 in many sports like golf, swimming, etc.

Texas hasn’t won a National title in football in 18 years but they are still a great program.
    Ya OkSt isnt the only program that is good across the board but they're one of the few... Ofc, UT is a beast on its own, they're by far the biggest revenue producing school in the ncaa

The Kraken

Well if you are going to trust the wisdom of conferences in their decisions and hires, I think we end it here.
    I'll trust the groups of people responsible for making these decisions over some rando on the internet, ya

But Im sure you're right... OkSt isnt a draw for any reason and it makes no sense

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Oklahoma State doesn't meet the Big 10's academic standards. That's why Iowa State was rumored quite a bit. Kansas and Iowa State are the only ones that meet the requirements.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

OK St & something in TX gets Big10 the TX market and some recruiting trips.

Does OKST bring TCU or Baylor w it?

MinnesotaFats

This isn't about teams being good or relevant...it's about TV market guys.

Why u think Big10 went to Jersey and Baltimore?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    This isn't about teams being good or relevant...it's about TV market guys.

Why u think Big10 went to Jersey and Baltimore?
    Exactly

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Oklahoma State doesn't meet the Big 10's academic standards. That's why Iowa State was rumored quite a bit. Kansas and Iowa State are the only ones that meet the requirements.
    Big 10 said they're willing to negotiate it

Roger T. Bannon

I'll trust these conferences to make some pretty dumb decisions. But they have enough money they can spread it around and give some schools a chance at some of their money and kick their ass at the same time.

If ESPN likes it, I say go for it.

The Kraken

I'll trust these conferences to make some pretty dumb decisions. But they have enough money they can spread it around and give some schools a chance at some of their money and kick their ass at the same time.

Big X has the highest revenue for all conferences with around $800,000,000 and each school gets about $55,000,000.... No other conf is close

And you think they make pretty dumb decisions because you so smart

K felicia

Roger T. Bannon

Big X has the highest revenue for all conferences with around $800,000,000 and each school gets about $55,000,000.... No other conf is close

And you think they make pretty dumb decisions because you so smart

K felicia
    That has a little bit to do with the fact that they Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois and Penn State in the conference. Not so much to do with how smart they are.

If they can get more money out of ESPN for adding Kansas and Oklahoma State more power to them. They are not exactly Rutgers in TV market and I think both the Big 10 and ESPN get a kick out of that move looking back at it.

Roger T. Bannon

I think ESPN is starting to cannibalize itself a little. Does Texas going to the SEC really benefit them versus having them in the Big 12? If you blow up the Big 12 and those schools wind up in the American, the brand damage to those teams is huge and that hurts ESPN more than getting Texas in the SEC helps. But they have a hard time scheduling the games they have so what do they care? People will watch whatever they put on.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Gundy has been solid at Okie State. 67% winning percentage, and usually has an exciting offense for a program that has put some very good players in the Nfl
    I could see them being of interest to another power conference

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Gundy has been solid at Okie State. 67% winning percentage, and usually has an exciting offense for a program that has put some very good players in the Nfl
    Yes but these teams join in pairs so who comes w OKST then?

If Kan & Iowa St are a pair then is Kan State & OK State a pair?

I'd like to see the Big10 grab Utah out of the Pack 12 & OK State, that'd open up some real changes in several conferences and get Big10 more west/ South recruiting + marketability plus very solid FB + BB programs.

The Kraken

Id assume OkSt and either Kst or WV

Roger T. Bannon

Oklahoma State is a solid program but what do they offer? Do people in the Big 10 really want to watch Oklahoma State games. I mean Nebraska is one thing. Do you really need Kansas and Oklahoma State in the Big 10? I don't see much reason for it unless ESPN just really likes it for some reason. I don't see a reason for ESPN to give more money to televise Oklahoma State and Iowa. I also don't see much reason for them to televise Oklahoma State and Arizona State or Oregon State. I don't see Oklahoma State bringing a lot but maybe they think the brand is worth something for the conference.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Oklahoma State is a solid program but what do they offer? Do people in the Big 10 really want to watch Oklahoma State games. I mean Nebraska is one thing. Do you really need Kansas and Oklahoma State in the Big 10? I don't see much reason for it unless ESPN just really likes it for some reason. I don't see a reason for ESPN to give more money to televise Oklahoma State and Iowa. I also don't see much reason for them to televise Oklahoma State and Arizona State or Oregon State. I don't see Oklahoma State bringing a lot but maybe they think the brand is worth something for the conference.
    Kansas for football would be just free wins for the other schools. But for basketball? That likely would be good for the conference. Imagine the big 10 would like to do anything and everything to get Notre dame. If that miracle happened, maybe it would be just Nd and Kansas?

Roger T. Bannon

Kansas for football would be just free wins for the other schools. But for basketball? That likely would be good for the conference. Imagine the big 10 would like to do anything and everything to get Notre dame. If that miracle happened, maybe it would be just Nd and Kansas?
    Yes, I can see it for basketball. But ESPN pays for football. They don't care much about basketball. I think Kansas probably gets in the Big 10 and then maybe they add Oklahoma State too. It will be more because they wanted Kansas than OSU. It just waters down the conference a little more but they have to land somewhere.

I would think Notre Dame would want to be in the Big 10. But that does not seem to be on the table.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why would anyone care other than for Gambling, I could care less who plays in a conference I’m looking for opportunities

Roger T. Bannon

The only reason any of these teams get into the Big 10 or Pac 12 is because ESPN thinks it adds more to the Big 10 TV package and they can charge more for it. I can't see ESPN thinking these teams add more to the package but they probably will. If they give each team a few million dollars more, they will add them. If not, they are probably going to the American which will get a pretty good TV package.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Why would anyone care other than for Gambling, I could care less who plays in a conference I’m looking for opportunities
    It matters as far as matchups. Even Nebraska fans are pretty bored being in the Big 10. It will be pretty boring for Texas fans to watch Texas Tech and Oregon State versus Baylor.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

this is why you are and will always be a liberal nut job

hows grannys computer you bought off craigslist?

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    this is why you are and will always be a liberal nut job

hows grannys computer you bought off craigslist?
    Why turn down millions when ESPN is offering. I don't think you would turn them down.

The computer is still working great. A great deal. Like Big 10 getting millions for adding Oklahoma State.

It is like Rutgers joining the Big 10. Everybody thinks it is funny now but so much money being made that nobody cares at how stupid it was. Rutgers can't believe they are not in the American.

First 12345 Last