Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Brady is overrated. His defection to Tampa coincided with the Bucs adding integral pieces up and down that roster, not only on defense as others have stated, but on offense as well, both at the skill positions and solidifying what became perhaps the best offensive line in the league. And make no mistake, without an elite offensive line Brady would look like an average NFL quarterback, and likely worse, considering his age and immobility.

Brady knew what he was doing when he fled to Tampa. New England was falling apart and the Bucs were on the upswing. I guess credit Brady for making a smart business decision, but that's about it. His play in the postseason wasn't even that good, but was buoyed by a team that probably many NFL quarterbacks could have taken on a deep playoff run. The notion that the Bucs were "bad" and Brady magically transformed them into a championship squad is laughable.
    The Bucs didn't add those pieces. Brady did. Brady got on the phone with Gronk. He convinced the GM to sign Brown, then told Brown to live in his house. He convinced Bruce Arians to get Fournette. These are facts.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The Bucs didn't add those pieces. Brady did. Brady got on the phone with Gronk. He convinced the GM to sign Brown, then told Brown to live in his house. He convinced Bruce Arians to get Fournette. These are facts.
    Well who tf cares? The point is those pieces were added. It's not a football skill to call up old pals and join forces. Wirfs was added in the draft and another came back from injury off the top of my head... The Bucs were a team already headed in the right direction, almost any NFL quarterback could've stepped into that situation and found success.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Well who tf cares? The point is those pieces were added. It's not a football skill to call up old pals and join forces. Wirfs was added in the draft and another came back from injury off the top of my head... The Bucs were a team already headed in the right direction, almost any NFL quarterback could've stepped into that situation and found success.
    That's the point you are missing. It is actually a skill. It's called leadership. It's called having a personality and a non-ego and an image so grand, that you are a magnet for people. That's a rare skill not just in sports, but in life in general. That skill, is one of the most important to succeed in any field. This time, it just happens to be football.
    Points Awarded:

TheGoldenGoose gave Goat Milk 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Brady is obviously one of the best QBs of all-time, but he also might be the luckiest QB of all time. If you're a historian of the game and you're being realistic, you have to acknowledge the latter

Brady has a Super Bowl win where he played like trash and won because the Rams scored 3 points. 13-3. Almost unprecedented. Joke of a game. If we had a more advanced metric for QB wins, that shit wouldn't even count!

So Tom Brady just straight up has a title where he didn't do a damn thing in the deciding game. That's just for starters. Once you accept that, you realize how utterly random and luck-based shit really gets. We all understand the QB shouldn't get credit for the defense doing well, and yet, inevitably, that's what ends up happening

Tom Brady himself suggested that Aaron Rodgers would have multiple titles if he got to play on the teams Brady had
    Points Awarded:

Eddy Munny gave blankoblanco 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3597

"almost any NFL quarterback could've stepped into that situation and found success."

ummmmm, NO.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    That's the point you are missing. It is actually a skill. It's called leadership. It's called having a personality and a non-ego and an image so grand, that you are a magnet for people. That's a rare skill not just in sports, but in life in general. That skill, is one of the most important to succeed in any field. This time, it just happens to be football.
    No, you're wrong... Brady saw the gravy train leaving the station and hopped aboard. As another poster already stated, the Bucs were a playoff team the year before Brady's arrival (and Gronk's, AB's etc.) if they had had anyone under center who simply doesn't throw a record number of passes to opposing teams.

Those guys who Brady lured to TB weren't the key reasons for the Buc's turnaround anyways. The Bucs were dominant in the trenches on both sides of the ball and solidified the secondary. In the last two years alone via either the draft or FA the Bucs added guys like Tristan Wirfs, Ndamukong Suh, Shaquil Barrett, Devin White, Sean Murphy-Bunting, and Antoine Winfield Jr.

Don't get it twisted, the Bucs were ascending... If Antonio Brown was such a coup, then why didn't him and Brady do anything in New England? Why didn't Brady get on the phone with Fournette and Gronk for another championship run with the Patriots? Lol those guys were just fancy names that served as icing on the cake that was pre-baked for Brady.

Brady played like a bum against the Saints and the Packers in the playoffs and then Tampa finally played a complete game in the SB against a Chiefs team ravaged up front with injuries and Covid opt outs.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 07-16-21 at 01:57 AM.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    "almost any NFL quarterback could've stepped into that situation and found success."

ummmmm, NO.

Well then you don't know football... I don't even think my statement is a hot take, just common sense.

Take for instance Carson Wentz... Watch how he "turns the corner" this year and the "light bulb flickers on." Everyone will say he looks like a new man, when the reality is that he was operating behind a sieve last year in Philly and throwing to practice squad scrubs. Now he gets an upgrade on defense, legitimate weapons to throw to, a running game, and an offensive line that can give him more than 2 seconds to scan the field.

I just handicap games. I don't wear jerseys and shake pom-poms.

TheGoldenGoose

Eddy: Simple question... Where does luck come from?

Eddy Munny

Eddy: Simple question... Where does luck come from?
    I already laid out the facts. You and Goat can continue to fanboy. I just call it as I see it. "Legacies" and all that senseless fodder for ESPN roundtable babble don't mean jack squat when you're tasked with squeezing value from the Vegas number. Get schooled, grasshopper.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 07-16-21 at 02:24 AM.

TheGoldenGoose

Sorry Eddy. WRONG ANSWER.

Luck comes from hard work. Very hard work and lots of it too. You can practice , practice, practice and practice even more but in the end it's the guy that works the hardest who's going to get the breaks of the game. Nobody works harder than Tom Brady. At everything he does. The game. Business. His wife. His kids. His diet. His physical workout ethic. Everything that guy puts into his body and his life (probably also some mind meditation about what nobody knows). The guy is a winner because he is lucky and he's lucky because he works at being lucky.

Now, go and "squeeze some value" out of those facts. Might just make you a better handicapper and less of a hating, whining, little biatch.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Tom Brady has made me more money than any athlete across the board and it is not even funny. Whether fading or tailing him he is the most predicatable athlete on planet earth. As a lifelong Colts fan I love Tom and have nothing but respect for him and his accomplishments. Anyone who tries to tarnish his name with the “deflate gate” is an absolute goon. As I mentioned I am a lifelong Colts fan and I absolutely HAMMERED the Pats -7.5 that game and even sold points on one ticket and got +$. Those footballs could have been over inflated, under inflated it would not of mattered. Colts stood NO CHANCE that game. None. They shouldn’t of even got off the team bus.

Eddy Munny

Sorry Eddy. WRONG ANSWER.

Luck comes from hard work. Very hard work and lots of it too. You can practice , practice, practice and practice even more but in the end it's the guy that works the hardest who's going to get the breaks of the game. Nobody works harder than Tom Brady. At everything he does. The game. Business. His wife. His kids. His diet. His physical workout ethic. Everything that guy puts into his body and his life (probably also some mind meditation about what nobody knows). The guy is a winner because he is lucky and he's lucky because he works at being lucky.

Now, go and "squeeze some value" out of those facts. Might just make you a better handicapper and less of a hating, whining, little biatch.
    Yawn... This is all tired, old news you're parroting. I never even used the word "luck" in any of my posts anyways so I'm not sure why you're so ruffled. Looks to me like you just had some burning desire to get this love letter to Brady off your chest. Glad I helped purge you of your HOF induction speech that would've otherwise never seen the light of day.

You call my assessment of 2020 Tom Brady "hating and whining" because you're emotionally invested in the life of another man who doesn't know you exist. That's pretty pathetic. I didn't even slam the guy, I just said he's overrated and provided logic and reason to back up that belief. All you've done is say "objection your honor, my feelings are hurt."

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Brady is obviously one of the best QBs of all-time, but he also might be the luckiest QB of all time. If you're a historian of the game and you're being realistic, you have to acknowledge the latter

Brady has a Super Bowl win where he played like trash and won because the Rams scored 3 points. 13-3. Almost unprecedented. Joke of a game. If we had a more advanced metric for QB wins, that shit wouldn't even count!

So Tom Brady just straight up has a title where he didn't do a damn thing in the deciding game. That's just for starters. Once you accept that, you realize how utterly random and luck-based shit really gets. We all understand the QB shouldn't get credit for the defense doing well, and yet, inevitably, that's what ends up happening

Tom Brady himself suggested that Aaron Rodgers would have multiple titles if he got to play on the teams Brady had
    who gets credit for the 2000 ravens the qb or the defense?

brady just gets it because of his early titles when he was a game manager for the spygate years with the defenses that were apparently way ahead of their opponents... had the goat for kicking etc etc etc

then he gets more because of the historically bad call by seattle on the 1 yard line to pass and then the ultimate choke of all time the falcons when considering blown leads in a SB

so brady has a title where he played like dog poo... another one now with tampa where the other guys line was ruined with an injury in the AFCCG and that helped the bucs shut them out of the end zone along with a bunch of bone headed drops... MORE LUCK

and then he benefits from the worst call of all time for another title and benefits from the ATL "choke" --- that one was purely for his career and espn storyline of passing Montana in terms of rings in ultimate fashion - a SHOW

don't even have to bring up the tuck rule and getting to play vs rams in SB 2001 because his team found a way to beat the steelers without him in the AFCCG lol... lol... like any of you even remember or KNEW that FACT he left that game early and it was 0-0

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Tom Brady has made me more money than any athlete across the board and it is not even funny. Whether fading or tailing him he is the most predicatable athlete on planet earth. As a lifelong Colts fan I love Tom and have nothing but respect for him and his accomplishments. Anyone who tries to tarnish his name with the “deflate gate” is an absolute goon. As I mentioned I am a lifelong Colts fan and I absolutely HAMMERED the Pats -7.5 that game and even sold points on one ticket and got +$. Those footballs could have been over inflated, under inflated it would not of mattered. Colts stood NO CHANCE that game. None. They shouldn’t of even got off the team bus.
    andrew luck and bums vs the patriots he dragged those bums as far as he could

just another "EASY PLAYOFF GAME" for old tommy ... we can go back and find a couple dozen of those "lucky" "easy" playoff match ups for him

the year prior he got to face luck and bums in the divisional at home off bye week after the colts team had absolutely given it's everything just to complete that comeback win vs KC 45-44 and guys had little left to give next game

just another easy playoff game off a bye for brady during his patriots career.... yawn

there was the year he go to play the TeBow Broncos after they surprised that old ass steelers team in OT then went on the road vs a rested pats team and got demolished... yawn

big accomplishment there tom

he literally had a free ticket to the AFCCG most years after 2010

2011 the ravens had them beat and dropped a game winning TD then shanked that 30 yard FG to tie the AFCCG .... piss poor game from Brady... and won again.... LUCKY

First 12