1. #1
    Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-03-12
    Posts: 3,461

    The sobering reality of collecting $45.5K (only up $577)

    $22,850 risked on Zags/Nets
    $21,902 risked on Novak/Matteo/Barty
    $171 transportation costs for 6 combined trips
    $44,923 spent, $45,500 collected (+$577)
    This just tallies up the NJ sportsbook bets, forget about the BM losses.
    EVEN WHEN YOU WIN, YOU LOSE!!!



  2. #2
    slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-13
    Posts: 19,267
    Betpoints: 1394

    I thought you ahead recently

  3. #3
    SamsNCharge99
    4x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 37,859
    Betpoints: 1912

    Winning is winning

    you did it the hard way
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2021


  4. #4
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 8,396
    Betpoints: 236

    There’s a lot of maturity at work here though Doug. At least you realize you haven’t won life’s lottery

    I started tracking my overall figure about three years ago and despite some killer runs I’m firmly in the red. As I think most of us are. So at least you’re technically up on these huge bets. I know you’re overall in the red too but at least this is a sign to chill out some, maybe treat your next 10 grand deposit with some respect
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/14/2021


  5. #5
    KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-20-09
    Posts: 13,160
    Betpoints: 11

    Doug you are looking at it all wrong. You need to focus on the future. You dug (no pun intended) out of a massive hole and now it’s time for a run. What if you lost the Barty? Or either Novak or Matteo misses the final? You’d be buried. Instead you absolutely bounced back in a major way. Your all good bro. Now you can look forward to making some plays and building that bank up.

  6. #6
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 374,400
    Betpoints: 2002

    Doug call
    Me

    Let’s open a deli in Yonkers

  7. #7
    KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-20-09
    Posts: 13,160
    Betpoints: 11

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Doug call
    Me

    Let’s open a deli in Yonkers
    Are you going to have a hamburger sub and call it the “JJ”???

    Are you going to have a sandwich that has nothing but sauerkraut and spicy mustard and no other ingredients and call it the “vitterd” or is the pile of feces on rye going to be the ”vitterd”

  8. #8
    SamsNCharge99
    4x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 37,859
    Betpoints: 1912

    Call me too doug

    congrats on the game ball
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2021


  9. #9
    vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-14-17
    Posts: 56,543
    Betpoints: 9597

    You should be thrilled with this, not upset. You were in a massive hole and every gambler has been there but you fought back. You don’t have much fear gambling and that always comes with big swings. Be very happy to be in the black.

  10. #10
    Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-03-12
    Posts: 3,461

    Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Winning is winning

    you did it the hard way
    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    There’s a lot of maturity at work here though Doug. At least you realize you haven’t won life’s lottery

    I started tracking my overall figure about three years ago and despite some killer runs I’m firmly in the red. As I think most of us are. So at least you’re technically up on these huge bets. I know you’re overall in the red too but at least this is a sign to chill out some, maybe treat your next 10 grand deposit with some respect
    Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Doug you are looking at it all wrong. You need to focus on the future. You dug (no pun intended) out of a massive hole and now it’s time for a run. What if you lost the Barty? Or either Novak or Matteo misses the final? You’d be buried. Instead you absolutely bounced back in a major way. Your all good bro. Now you can look forward to making some plays and building that bank up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Doug call
    Me

    Let’s open a deli in Yonkers
    Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post

    Are you going to have a hamburger sub and call it the “JJ”???

    Are you going to have a sandwich that has nothing but sauerkraut and spicy mustard and no other ingredients and call it the “vitterd” or is the pile of feces on rye going to be the ”vitterd”
    Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Call me too doug

    congrats on the game ball
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    You should be thrilled with this, not upset. You were in a massive hole and every gambler has been there but you fought back. You don’t have much fear gambling and that always comes with big swings. Be very happy to be in the black.
    Tryst me fellas, (you know how it is), just more relieved than thrilled, overjoyed or any other kind of newbie emotion. Couldn't sleep more than 3hrs/night since Wed based on my current financial situation & how badly I needed this. I've said it before after a huge bailout win that I'm gonna be smarter this time to not be in that position again but only time will tell.

  11. #11
    thedenthead
    thedenthead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-14-15
    Posts: 809
    Betpoints: 86

    Dougie painfully honest… love it.

  12. #12
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 15,322

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    $22,850 risked on Zags/Nets
    $21,902 risked on Novak/Matteo/Barty
    $171 transportation costs for 6 combined trips
    $44,923 spent, $45,500 collected (+$577)
    This just tallies up the NJ sportsbook bets, forget about the BM losses.
    EVEN WHEN YOU WIN, YOU LOSE!!!


    +$577 is more than Morino is up across every single sport. Think positive.

  13. #13
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 15,322

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Tryst me fellas, (you know how it is), just more relieved than thrilled, overjoyed or any other kind of newbie emotion. Couldn't sleep more than 3hrs/night since Wed based on my current financial situation & how badly I needed this. I've said it before after a huge bailout win that I'm gonna be smarter this time to not be in that position again but only time will tell.
    Focus on the future Doug! Get that fastball to 85mph!

  14. #14
    vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-14-17
    Posts: 56,543
    Betpoints: 9597

    Doug, I know guys like you, it’s very hard for you to be disciplined because once you go small and hit, you think you lost money because you didn’t go huge. Be smart, don’t get yourself in that position again. The stress will kill you

  15. #15
    beefcake
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 13,775

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Tryst me fellas, (you know how it is), just more relieved than thrilled, overjoyed or any other kind of newbie emotion. Couldn't sleep more than 3hrs/night since Wed based on my current financial situation & how badly I needed this. I've said it before after a huge bailout win that I'm gonna be smarter this time to not be in that position again but only time will tell.
    Doug you win the friggin BALLS OF STEEL award..

  16. #16
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 8,979
    Betpoints: 11007

    hey dougie at least 10k out of it wasnt yours prior to these bets

  17. #17
    teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,410

    Doug call me!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/14/2021


  18. #18
    topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-08
    Posts: 12,132
    Betpoints: 2524

    JJ says it all the time. You won't be relieved until you lose it all. Winning is a temporary relief. 45k is nice but won't change most peoples life. Will keep betting and only feel calm when it is all gone.

  19. #19
    MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-11-13
    Posts: 5,555
    Betpoints: 11558

    Shows you man, tennis best sport to go big, 1 v 1, while sometimes there's a idiot or two in a team that can fuk things up, congrats and don't blow it back

  20. #20
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 24,956
    Betpoints: 1454

    Manage that money, it's the only way you can win in gambling. You're getting close to 65 so you should start thinking about a roth ira too.

  21. #21
    ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-30-10
    Posts: 23,591
    Betpoints: 3153

    you don't think about past losses

    you focus on where you are right now and focus on what to do going forward

    then someday you will never think about them again because you've been winning non stop since and haven't made bad bets/gone on tilt since

  22. #22
    TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-12
    Posts: 1,321
    Betpoints: 811

    Earning 1.3% of total action is very good. Some of the very best guys in the world only win at that rate. You even had a shot at $100k. On to the next good bets.

  23. #23
    gauchojake
    Let's Ram It
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 29,363
    Betpoints: 104

    Good work Doug. Maybe stick to tennis?

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  24. #24
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 24,956
    Betpoints: 1454

    Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Earning 1.3% of total action is very good. Some of the very best guys in the world only win at that rate. You even had a shot at $100k. On to the next good bets.
    You can only make a living off 1.3% of action if you're putting up millions every year. You can't make a living collecting 1 or 2 percent having 500 grand in play per year. That rule only applies to ppl who invest heavy heavy. It's no different than a dividend stock. Your 7% divident doesn't mean anything if you have 10 grand in the stock. If you have about 500 grand to put in, you can make good money doing nothing basically. Same concept.

  25. #25
    cincinnatikid513
    get busy living au revoir
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 44,641

    dont look back
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/14/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  26. #26
    tyronebigsby
    Update your status
    tyronebigsby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-04-21
    Posts: 29
    Betpoints: 69

    Quote Originally Posted by teacher10 View Post
    Doug call me!
    Dougie Fresh, if that chick in the Avatar is really teacher don't call you will already be starting off on the wrong foot and will be stealing off Bre again in no time.

    Be smart and congrats on the nice win.

  27. #27
    Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-03-12
    Posts: 3,461

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Manage that money, it's the only way you can win in gambling. You're getting close to 65 so you should start thinking about a roth ira too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    you don't think about past losses

    you focus on where you are right now and focus on what to do going forward

    then someday you will never think about them again because you've been winning non stop since and haven't made bad bets/gone on tilt since
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Good work Doug. Maybe stick to tennis?
    Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    dont look back
    Quote Originally Posted by tyronebigsby View Post

    Dougie Fresh, if that chick in the Avatar is really teacher don't call you will already be starting off on the wrong foot and will be stealing off Bre again in no time.

    Be smart and congrats on the nice win.
    Thanks..all good advice, no reason to dwell on the losses after a big win (not even sweating the $4700 I would've just won on MIL, just focusing on reloading the 10K & taking it from there)

  28. #28
    Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-29-06
    Posts: 6,511
    Betpoints: 7991

    Good work Doug.

    You may only be up some $500 but look at all the free fun you had over the last few months.

    Must of been like smoking crack the minute you went to look at the final scores today…you get big savings there.

  29. #29
    Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-03-12
    Posts: 3,461

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Good work Doug.

    You may only be up some $500 but look at all the free fun you had over the last few months.

    Must of been like smoking crack the minute you went to look at the final scores today…you get big savings there.
    Thanks Al but in reality I only won $23,544 factoring in the transportation costs ($54) too. Taking home $45.5K makes it seem much better than it is considering how much I risked.

  30. #30
    msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-14-07
    Posts: 1,144
    Betpoints: 1871

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Thanks Al but in reality I only won $23,544 factoring in the transportation costs ($54) too. Taking home $45.5K makes it seem much better than it is considering how much I risked.
    Lol. Don't forget to deduct the $6 mcdonalds tab bro. Wtf..gamblers are sic in the head

Top