Betpoints: 5536

olympic softball "runs" rule

what is the rule?

japan goes up 7 in the 5 inning and they called it

usa is favored by 9.5 the next game

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

The Olympic rule is up 7+ in the 5th or 6th inning. NCAA women's softball, if a team is up 8 after 5. Most high schools are 20 runs after 3, 10 runs after 5. Hopefully USA can avenge their loss to Japan in the last Olympics.

The Olympic softball rules and regulations include 15-player rosters and seven-inning regulation games. There will be two first-base bags to avoid collisions (dedicated bag added inside the running lane) and a 20-second clock implemented between pitches. In softball, a designated player will be allowed and there will be extra-inning tiebreakers the (inning will start will a runner on second base) as well as a mercy rule (15 or more runs in the third inning, 10-plus in the fourth, seven-plus in the fifth and sixth). The official ball for the tournament will be the Mizuno 150, 12-inch softball.
    Points Awarded:

thetrinity gave Mac4Lyfe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I think they called it off due to the heat and humidity. If it was cool they would have played 7 innings.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

thanks mac I was thinking it was 10 in the 4th

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I think they called it off due to the heat and humidity. If it was cool they would have played 7 innings.
    Mercy rule went into effect.

These Olympics are going to be pretty lame without crowds. Zero energy. Japan really fukked up. Should have had thousands of people vaccinated and ready to watch.

Mac4Lyfe

Good lord. That game was quick. I went to the kitchen and the game was over. US 2 - Italy 0