goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Game 1 NBA Finals ratings down 43 percent compared to 2019 Game 1 Finals

I might be betting this series but this should show that the people saying this series is refreshing is definitely a minority view.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Ratings down every year

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I'm excited for this finals matchup but then again my preference is usually in the minority. The majority or public is responsible for trash like fast and the furious sequels from Hollywood or lebron making the finals
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave shadymcgrady 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Ratings down every year
    I think last year doesnt really count because it was such an odd time in August. But yes what you said is true, but this is a big drop. They need to overhaul this game

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Politics slaughtered the golden goose.
    Points Awarded:

thezbar gave Mr KLC 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Politics slaughtered the golden goose.
    It has no bearing whatsoever. Like Sam said the ratings have been going down over the years and I think that more has to do with gameplay. If the gameplay was better, better flow, less fouls, I think the teams wouldnt matter as much. I think one of the main reasons NBA was a big proponent of pushing legalized gambling.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

Phoenix vs Milwaukee compared to Los Angeles vs Miami. As much as the NBA and their wokeness blows, this ratings decline is fairly obvious. Both markets are a joke.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

nobody on the streets give a damn about today nba, it just a bad product and the nba has only itself to blame

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    It has no bearing whatsoever. Like Sam said the ratings have been going down over the years and I think that more has to do with gameplay. If the gameplay was better, better flow, less fouls, I think the teams wouldnt matter as much. I think one of the main reasons NBA was a big proponent of pushing legalized gambling.
    The majority of their attendance has been from white people since the inception of the league. This back and forth between races has been going on since Obama's first term. The NBA has been the biggest seller of these social justice campaigns between the 4 major sports. Throw China LeBron in there and white privilege has just gotten sick of the shit show. I agree that gambling stops the bleeding some, but I think eventually we are going to have more stories about referees getting paid for certain results before this is over with. It's the easiest sport, IMO, to manipulate. That will be the final nail in the coffin.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

No one watches because it's boring. I bet on it though and it's the easiest sport to cap. Lack of star power in this final is a thing. Greek is a clown. NBA can't market him. It didn't help having the warriors in it for 5 straight years. People get sick of the same teams as well. That Cavs team was garbage except that one time they won it.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No one watches because it's boring. I bet on it though and it's the easiest sport to cap. Lack of star power in this final is a thing. Greek is a clown. NBA can't market him. It didn't help having the warriors in it for 5 straight years. People get sick of the same teams as well. That Cavs team was garbage except that one time they won it.
    Yeah, I remember when Mike Greenberg was trying to sell people that Cleveland-Golden State was the greatest rivalry in sports history.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The majority of their attendance has been from white people since the inception of the league. This back and forth between races has been going on since Obama's first term. The NBA has been the biggest seller of these social justice campaigns between the 4 major sports. Throw China LeBron in there and white privilege has just gotten sick of the shit show. I agree that gambling stops the bleeding some, but I think eventually we are going to have more stories about referees getting paid for certain results before this is over with. It's the easiest sport, IMO, to manipulate. That will be the final nail in the coffin.
    I dont think you'll see the ref thing and if you do I think they'll just go on a PR smear campaign saying it was a rogue ref with bad taxes, bad family life, gambling addiction, etc. The hard part about all sports is there is really no way to prove manipulation unless a bunch of people came out and said something. That being said if I was an average athlete make 5-10M a year and I knew about manipulation I wouldnt say anything. Why would I? I would just say "we are putting on an entertainment product" and then live my comfortable life. No point in risking my own life so that fans were happy. They wouldnt pay my bills

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4805

Go woke...

Go broke.

Follow the scores...don't watch the games.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

NBA Trash

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Two non polarizing teams in the middle of July. Nba needs villains

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Viewership down 43 percent because Joe Average couldn't name more that four players on both sides combined.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I watched very little last 2 series too late in year

Lost interest

stevenash

Even my wife said to me last night "Phoenix and Milwaukee, really"?

And i said "Right, and the sad part is this finals might get negative numbers if Nielsen had such ratings, but sadly it's an interesting series regardless, too bad nobody will watch it"

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

I watched the Argentina Colombia match for the most part.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave thetrinity 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Nobody watches this commie scum ball. Anyone still watching these marxist pukes deserves the communism you might have coming to you. you will get it is Trump isn't the true president. It's about a 99% chance he is though

If what I just said is true then that means the US corporation has been dissolved. If that is true then the NBA is in a stage of dissolution. My opinion is that this is true. The NBA will no longer exist by the end of 2023, if not much sooner. The reason its pheonix vs milwaukee is the real star power of the NBA knows about this and didn't bother to show up for these meaningless games. they'll be playing in a new league soon and they know it
    Last edited by trevor123698; 07-07-21 at 09:32 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

It was up against Argentina-Colombia in Copa. More people in this country watched that game than NBA. Everyone knows who Messi is.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11708

I want to know why all those white people who paid big money to go to game are rooting for black players who didnt vote for Trump. Nothing but white people in stands going crazy for these black players. Trump said the NBA players are nasty. Did you white people forget about Trump by attending these games!! WTF is wrong with white people!! One white guy sold his car for $2500 to buy a ticket to the game.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    Phoenix vs Milwaukee compared to Los Angeles vs Miami. As much as the NBA and their wokeness blows, this ratings decline is fairly obvious. Both markets are a joke.
    Spot on.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    Nobody watches this commie scum ball. Anyone still watching these marxist pukes deserves the communism you might have coming to you. you will get it is Trump isn't the true president. It's about a 99% chance he is though

If what I just said is true then that means the US corporation has been dissolved. If that is true then the NBA is in a stage of dissolution. My opinion is that this is true. The NBA will no longer exist by the end of 2023, if not much sooner. The reason its pheonix vs milwaukee is the real star power of the NBA knows about this and didn't bother to show up for these meaningless games. they'll be playing in a new league soon and they know it
    The NBA won't exist 2 years from now? Lol. Ok...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I want to know why all those white people who paid big money to go to game are rooting for black players who didnt vote for Trump. Nothing but white people in stands going crazy for these black players. Trump said the NBA players are nasty. Did you white people forget about Trump by attending these games!! WTF is wrong with white people!! One white guy sold his car for $2500 to buy a ticket to the game.
    Who is Donald Trump? He's a trust fund baby who got wealthy because of his inheritance. Had a silver spoon in his mouth since he was born.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Who is Donald Trump? He's a trust fund baby who got wealthy because of his inheritance. Had a silver spoon in his mouth since he was born.
    You mean he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Or literally he had one in there since he was born?

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

only NHL fans bragging here

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

This is the best finals in years. No Lebron and no Durant.

It's a win for viewers.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    This is the best finals in years. No Lebron and no Durant.

It's a win for viewers.
    Yep, two exciting, evenly matched teams in a series that should go 6-7 games -- Great to have some new blood. None of Lebron's bitching and moaning on every non-call. A win for all fans between the coasts!

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Black pipo don't have enough cash to buy tickets, attending NBA games is white privilege.

stevenash

^
    Plenty of black and white folk do have the money for a prime NBA seat.
    I just choose to spend my 1000 bucks on just about anything else.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    that simply isn't true

i know a lot of people that quit watching the nba because of the in-your-face politics

they had in big letters BLACK LIVES MATTER right on the court for every game last year... tough sell to tell a struggling white family that the people on the court making millions are somehow repressed while they are living large because of their white privilege

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

Time for a new commissioner. Adam Silver has done a horrible job.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    that simply isn't true

i know a lot of people that quit watching the nba because of the in-your-face politics

they had in big letters BLACK LIVES MATTER right on the court for every game last year... tough sell to tell a struggling white family that the people on the court making millions are somehow repressed while they are living large because of their white privilege
    I think most people like to complain and say they aren’t going to bet or watch and then they do. My point is before this stuff ratings were going down already. I think people get too worked up about what nba players are saying. Figure out what you think is right, make sure you can justify it with solid data and make sure you feel like it encapsulates being a good person and it’ll work out. If they want to say their peace that’s fine with me, I can skip those moments and turn it back when the game is on

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I think it has to do with all the movement between teams, the changes in league standing dynamics....and yes because to many the NBA is trash, college more more bearable and relevant

12 Last