mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 849

Lots of valid arguments here but the next NBA deal will be bigger than the current one. There are just so many games and it is super hard to get a captive audience on any media vehicle other than digital and maybe social. Advertisers will pay a premium on even a smaller captive audience if necessary.

Ratings might be down today and have regressed over time but that’s probably a larger conversation on product/fragmentation/content availability, meaning there are so many other things now available to the consumer. Push vs Pull.

In the past content/messages were pushed out and you had very little choice on what you watched/were consuming. Now you can pull down personalized content such as Netflix, most media apps, Amazon prime, ESPN +, etc, etc... all that said, advertisers are still paying a hefty premium for the current NBA product. Not saying they should, just saying it’s a reality.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Go woke...

Go broke.

Follow the scores...don't watch the games.
    All made possible by lebrick. His defund the Lapd campaign was a big hit

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

I watched the entire NHL game last night. Great hard fought game. I watched the entire England vs denmark game. Great game as well. The nba just isn't a good product for the most part.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

back in the day you had some good games with teams that hated each other chicago, against ny or det..............boston against the lakers, we just dont have that into day game as the players jump around on several teams, bottom line it just a bad product that the big money has kill yet once again

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I watched the entire NHL game last night. Great hard fought game. I watched the entire England vs denmark game. Great game as well. The nba just isn't a good product for the most part.
    agree. I'll watch 25% of the NBA game tonight and watch highlights and box score.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

1/4 the black guys in league gay now that is an issue too

Plus everyone tired of pussy blacks crying foul all the time

Nobody wants politics in sports

lakerboy

I'm watching women's tennis right now. Had to turn the volume off though. The screaming is nauseating.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    that simply isn't true

i know a lot of people that quit watching the nba because of the in-your-face politics

they had in big letters BLACK LIVES MATTER right on the court for every game last year... tough sell to tell a struggling white family that the people on the court making millions are somehow repressed while they are living large because of their white privilege
    No doubt

Anytime you mix politics and sports it's a bad idea

Sure the guys can go on their platforms and speak their minds

But sports are supposed to be the great unifyer.

Regardless of race or economic class or any of that stuff.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Lots of valid arguments here but the next NBA deal will be bigger than the current one. There are just so many games and it is super hard to get a captive audience on any media vehicle other than digital and maybe social. Advertisers will pay a premium on even a smaller captive audience if necessary.

Ratings might be down today and have regressed over time but that’s probably a larger conversation on product/fragmentation/content availability, meaning there are so many other things now available to the consumer. Push vs Pull.

In the past content/messages were pushed out and you had very little choice on what you watched/were consuming. Now you can pull down personalized content such as Netflix, most media apps, Amazon prime, ESPN +, etc, etc... all that said, advertisers are still paying a hefty premium for the current NBA product. Not saying they should, just saying it’s a reality.
    Even the jerseys now in the nba are getting the ads for companies, which was never the case. So yeah they will definitely make up for it elsewhere. If they did have Durant vs. Lebron in the finals, ratings would be very high.

Been arguing about Godduke with that. NBA I don't think cares about Vegas. They care about the NBA. If the league were rigged, we would have seen Kobe and Chris Paul vs. Lebron and Wade 4 straight years, leading to the best 4 year stretch in revenue for the nba in history. That didn't happen, so how rigged can it be. Not possible imo.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

I'm watching women's tennis right now. Had to turn the volume off though. The screaming is nauseating.
    I'm watching too.
    Conversely the woman's grunts are making my rooster grow.
    Dude, I'm sporting wood right now wo hard that the cat couldn't scratch it.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Even my wife said to me last night "Phoenix and Milwaukee, really"?
    Classic.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

No lebron in finals and no ratings. Just like I said would happen.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

it just nothing exciting about watching a nba game today

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I didn’t watch any of game 1, but will try to stay up for game 2. The Finals are good tv with CP3/Giannis, but not “must see” tv without its uber super megastars LBJ, KD, Harden, Steph, etc. It probably will never be must see tv anymore until they get another crossover star like Steph.

stacksonquarters
    stacksonquarters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I want to know why all those white people who paid big money to go to game are rooting for black players who didnt vote for Trump. Nothing but white people in stands going crazy for these black players. Trump said the NBA players are nasty. Did you white people forget about Trump by attending these games!! WTF is wrong with white people!! One white guy sold his car for $2500 to buy a ticket to the game.

LOL, oh man. This really is the kind of uneducated scum that frequents this forum isn't it?

lakerboy

I expect a good game tonight

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

I expect a good game tonight
    I’ll watch because I have money on it but I expect non gamblers to just pass and watch something else

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Game 2 will be up a lot. There is nothing else to watch.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Product and politics in equal measures imo

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Quote Originally Posted by stacksonquarters View Post
    LOL, oh man. This really is the kind of uneducated scum that frequents this forum isn't it?
    That's nothing. One if the head honchos around here says stuff like "1/4 the black guys in league gay now that is an issue too. Plus everyone tired of pussy blacks crying foul all the time. Nobody wants politics in sports" for years and no one says one peep about him. They just shrug it off.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The NBA won't exist 2 years from now? Lol. Ok...
    The US corporation has been dissolved. Trump and the boys took it out. You have no idea what went on. The PM of Canada right now is an asian lady who is about 5 foot tall. News media tells you Trudeau is PM of Canada. He isn't. She is. https://www.bitchute.com/video/oY29RSEvT7in/

Same goes with Biden. He's been dead over a year now but they tell you he is president. This is likely the last nba finals in history.

trevor123698

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Mush4Life View Post
    That's nothing. One if the head honchos around here says stuff like "1/4 the black guys in league gay now that is an issue too. Plus everyone tired of pussy blacks crying foul all the time. Nobody wants politics in sports" for years and no one says one peep about him. They just shrug it off.

someday soon when you find out what people used to do for fame and fortune you will realize something. Thats assuming you dont have a covid jab in you. Because if so you won't live to see the NBA and all major pro sports league free world.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    The US corporation has been dissolved. Trump and the boys took it out. You have no idea what went on. The PM of Canada right now is an asian lady who is about 5 foot tall. News media tells you Trudeau is PM of Canada. He isn't. She is. https://www.bitchute.com/video/oY29RSEvT7in/

Same goes with Biden. He's been dead over a year now but they tell you he is president. This is likely the last nba finals in history.
    Welcome to crazy town. Straight jackets and padded rooms will be made available for you

trevor123698

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Welcome to crazy town. Straight jackets and padded rooms will be made available for you
    you'll be the one in a straight jacket soon. if you don't end up like that then you will be bowing down to chi-comm ak's

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

They just had a white guy do the national anthem for game two. What the hell was that all about? Oh well only once out of 1,000.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post

I don't care what trump did, I don't care about the prime minister of Canada, I don't care about Biden. I don't care about any of that.

You said the NBA won't exist in two years. You made a weird statement, that will obviously be 100% false, and then when you discover that it is false, then what happens to your theory? THAT DISSOVLES.

First 12