Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

EURO CUP Discussion: France +450 to win?

It may be better just to play it on a game by game basis. I hate France. But they have the best team, and probably the best chemistry. They won the world cup 3 years ago when Mbappe was 19. Now he's just entering his prime. Griezman is in his prime. And the player 3 years ago that no one was talking about on the French team -- Kante -- is now considered one of the best 5 players in the world. 3 years ago it was all about Pogba, and now he's not even one of France's top 5 players, that's how deep they are. With Lloris in net, I don't see how you can stop this team, but in soccer, in one game elimination games, literally anything can happen.

3 years ago I bet on Belgium to win the world cup. That was a near miss, and the first time I've missed on international soccer since being here. In 2010 I picked Spain to win the World Cup, and picked them to win the euro. In 2015 I called the exact matchup of Argentina vs. Germany. Of course i was rooting for Messi to win, but Germany had star players all across the pitch. These guys even had star players for other clubs coming OFF THE BENCH. Still barely beat Messi.

But yeah. Belgium obviously has a nice squad. England, I can't remember the last time they won anything big. There could be a dark horse that comes in. Spain, Germany, and Italy look like they're entering a new era of soccer and they haven't found those next legendary stars yet, but books seem to be thinking they could go far.

Portugal has the best player in the world and Ronaldo has won a Euro Cup before, getting injured mid way into the last final. I'm sure he'll be hungry seeing as this will be his last Euro Cup.

Goat Milk

I still marvel at that spanish team. How do you get blessed with xavi and inesta, ramos and puyol, cassilas, david villa, and guys like torres and david silva coming off your bench.

Ridiculous.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Griezmann is in his prime?

Noone was talking about Kante 3 years ago?

For England you can't remember when they have won anything? What kind of an "analysis" is that?

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153468

i'll have something small on Italy and Germany

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

griezmann is 30 years old way past his prime stick to basketball chief

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

England has the best team. They should win easily. Other teams are old.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    griezmann is 30 years old way past his prime stick to basketball chief
    30 is prime for a soccer an elite soccer player. Messi and Ronaldo have dominated all the awards post 30. Xavi was 30 when spain won the world cup, and he was the best midfielder in the world.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Evidence doesn't support your statement.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Griezmann is in his prime?

Noone was talking about Kante 3 years ago?

For England you can't remember when they have won anything? What kind of an "analysis" is that?

I'm taking France to win it all.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

If I watched France play soccer, Id kick my own ass

Allure

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    30 is prime for a soccer an elite soccer player. Messi and Ronaldo have dominated all the awards post 30. Xavi was 30 when spain won the world cup, and he was the best midfielder in the world.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Evidence doesn't support your statement.
    30 is around the age players reach their prime. It doesn't mean all do. Griezmann definitely is not in his prime. Apparently your not watching many matches. He has been struggling at Barca since he arrived there. He is far away from his performance at Atleti.

Kante is well known for many years. He shined at Leicester and year for year he is linked to Real and PSG. So on what are you basing "3 years noone talked about Kante"?

And it was all about Pogba in the last 3 years? Yes, those talks were when the fukk Pogba will perform the way he did at Juve. He has been average at best since he moved to Manu. It is only this past season that he resembled his old self.

England, whether they have won anything in the past, has one of the strongest teams maybe ever. But you would need to follow soccer to know that.

France may or may not win it all. But the provided reasons are something Morino would pull out of his ass. I mean for fukks sake, Griezmann in his prime because he is 30 lol.

Allure

Portugal and Spain have no shot. Portugal probably won't make it out of the group and Spain is far, far, far away from those glorious old days.

It actually could be England's year. They have a very strong team and few weak areas.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

England will always find a way to literally shit the bed, it never fails.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Portugal and Spain have no shot. Portugal probably won't make it out of the group and Spain is far, far, far away from those glorious old days.

It actually could be England's year. They have a very strong team and few weak areas.
    Watched the Spain game where Morata couldn't convert any of his finishes.

I think Portugal's population is too low to be a top favorite in major competitions.

Would like to hear a list of who people see as the BREAKOUT PLAYERS.

Have to say I don't trust England. Don't trust the mix.

Who does that leave? I'll go with Belgium and France. Think each is > 50/50 to make final 4.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Confident in this Italy team, too. Another pick to make final 4.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Italy
    Denmark
    Belgium
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

France has no chance now

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Germany won 2014 because they had the best team, not the best players.

France isnt a great team but have the best players. Benzema is actually back for this euro which means they have a lethal striker (which they didnt have before) now. With their immense quality of their squad they are able to win in auto pilot mode. Im reminded of the triple victory of spain (euro, world, euro) when I see the french team. Maybe they could also pull it off world euro world

+450 France has great value.

Germany will be outstanding against weaker teams but they will greatly fail when they face quality. (reminder they lost vs South Korea in a must win game). Germanys coach will leave after this tournament and thats what the players know.
    Points Awarded:

Ryermkd gave Sato 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Hopefully this ends up a good jinx.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Grizman is so past his prime and mbappe never got any better

yassen28
    yassen28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15848

France has one of the best two teams - they don't have a really weak spot. Besides Grisman who by far is a shadow of the player who was in Atletico. Benzema will add to the firepower, Pogba is close to his Juve days etc. Loris is actually a little bit above average goalkeeper, even in Tottenham he is not making a great season.
    England is the other team, who should consider anything below final a disaster. The problem is that it is England, they always have good players and never win it. But the team is really good.
    Italy is my dark horse. No real stars but really good as a team. The problem is that they will barely score more than a goal or two any game
    Belgium is a super team with maybe 3-4 world-class players. Will be De Broine healthy after the CL final etc.
    Portugal - a strange team - Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Jota, Bernando Silva are really good. However, they have 4-5 positions with an average to say at most players.
    Germany has to recall Muller who is or at least to be world-class but I doubt their chances.
    Spain is similar to Portugal - a few world-class players and a few positions with average to say at most players.
    Netherland actually has a good team, but very young...

The rest of the teams should be really lucky to reach the semi-finals.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Switserland, Poland, Austria and Russia your dark horse bets

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Switserland, Poland, Austria and Russia your dark horse bets
    Croatia?

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6207

Aint it tough to go back to back to win the major tournaments

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by yassen28 View Post
    France has one of the best two teams - they don't have a really weak spot. Besides Grisman who by far is a shadow of the player who was in Atletico. Benzema will add to the firepower, Pogba is close to his Juve days etc. Loris is actually a little bit above average goalkeeper, even in Tottenham he is not making a great season.
    England is the other team, who should consider anything below final a disaster. The problem is that it is England, they always have good players and never win it. But the team is really good.
    Italy is my dark horse. No real stars but really good as a team. The problem is that they will barely score more than a goal or two any game
    Belgium is a super team with maybe 3-4 world-class players. Will be De Broine healthy after the CL final etc.
    Portugal - a strange team - Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Jota, Bernando Silva are really good. However, they have 4-5 positions with an average to say at most players.
    Germany has to recall Muller who is or at least to be world-class but I doubt their chances.
    Spain is similar to Portugal - a few world-class players and a few positions with average to say at most players.
    Netherland actually has a good team, but very young...

The rest of the teams should be really lucky to reach the semi-finals.
    I think that Griezman is one of those players who shows up for international matches. These games matter much more for legacy than those meaningless club trophies.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

I always have to put a little something on England,just so I don't have to root against them.

Holland and Belgium are my backup plays.

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Aint it tough to go back to back to win the major tournaments

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

France is a

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    France is a

Goat Milk

I just took this for 100

France and Belgium Finalists +1600

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

Ze Germains. If De Brunyer is healthy I’d also take a stab at Belgium. Haven’t checked since he left the champions league final with an injury

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    Ze Germains. If De Brunyer is healthy I’d also take a stab at Belgium. Haven’t checked since he left the champions league final with an injury
    I like Belgium, I took them to win the WC 3 years ago pre tournament but they lost to France I believe in the semis 1-0. I believe France has gotten significantly better since 3 years ago. I'm not too sure about Germany, they don't seem to have the class of players they had like 8 years ago, when they had all stars everywhere and had no holes. I think France will beat them in the very first game.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ryermkd View Post
    Croatia?

Why yes ofcourse. Forgot to mention them. We are getting better odds than what they gave them at the 2018 wc. +4400 some places. As long as playmaker Modric plays they are good to go.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I just took this for 100

France and Belgium Finalists +1600
    Such a square. Stick to NBA goater

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

No team should be less than 5-1 to win the euros, this tournament is harder to win than the World Cup and France is very good but not an elite team.

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    No team should be less than 5-1 to win the euros, this tournament is harder to win than the World Cup and France is very good but not an elite team.

1234 Last