carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

I dont get how road course and nascar can get anyone excited

i watch about 5 mins a short time ago and it the most boring thing imo.have you ever went to a road course, i have road atl and vir in va, the most boring time i have ever had...........

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It takes skill to drive these courses. Knowing when to break and downshift without spinning out. The big ovals there is no skill involved. The fastest car usually wins if it doesn't wreck.

carolinakid

yes i get that but from the fans pt of view on the high banks are fun to watch, going to one of the road tracks, it was so boring for me watching cars go by every once in a blue moon, sorry it just not for me, this is not what nascar racing was built on.........there is no way this race today can be at exciting as when it was at daytona on the 4th of july, this is another reason fans have left this sport.back in the day i use to hate when they took the trip out to riverside.............the old saying if it not broke dont fix it to me work on this for me.........

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You need to go on a motorcycle race in these road courses. They go much faster than NASCAR cars. Went to Road Atlanta many times. Also when they have the Porches racing they go much faster. The NASCAR cars are too bulky.

carolinakid

Beside the Rising Tide: Hey, Where Did Everybody Go?

February 22, 2021 by Matt McLaughlin
    There’s an element of grim curiosity to it over the last few years, but I still search out the TV ratings for each week’s Cup race. Those rating numbers have been trending down over the last few years, and in fact, last few decades. To borrow a line from the inestimable Donald Fagen, “The time of our time has come and gone, I fear we’ve been waiting too long … ”

carolinakid

yes i agree on that, but road course racing and nascar is boring this you cant change

carolinakid

once they change from the winston cup the rating has been going down, now with it no name drivers and all the crap they are trying to get people to watch, like stages and all that junk, to the real nascar fan it dont work, and the rating prove this

carolinakid

to be honest and this is a fact i rather watch a good ufo show better,sad but true

carolinakid

this guy writing is pretty good I think there are a myriad number of reasons Nascar ratings have declined beginning with the inevitable deaths of many of the older fans of the sport who would tune in and watch the entirety of races. Add to that the fact that attention spans are much shorter in today’s world (which is quantifiable by a simple Google search). Young people are also not tied to “cars” or having one as much as in the past. In NC, 16 used to be a special number for getting your license and having a souped up machine in highschool was a big deal, however, laws changed and now you can’t even get a full license until 18, so why would a young person, who is impressionable, even worry about a car with Uber, Lyft etc. By the time they ARE old enough college looms and other means of transport have been uncovered.
    Nascar ratings have also declined with the slow destruction of print media. My local papers used to always have 3 or 4 stories on Nascar each day…now you’re hard pressed to find one a week, usually Sunday mornings. Also, of course, we lost Dale Earnhardt and many fans were just HIS and stopped watching once it became apparent that Dale Jr. was never going to seriously contend for a championship. How ironic that you pointed out the peak of ratings, which was 3 years after the Chase/playoffs whatever Nascar implemented to try and be football or baseball…
    Nascar fans NEVER wanted our sport to be like those. I began watching because we had an 8 month season with qualifying and practices and cool long time sponsors that I became acclimated too–and a year long champ. Each week I wanted to watch the points change and watch my favorite driver and whether or not he could retain that lead by leading laps or winning. It wasn’t win at all costs and most people aren’t in situations where they can win at all costs in life, financially or personally. So Nascar lost its relatibility to many fans when leaving it’s traditional season long format. If I want to see playoffs I have stick and ball sports–I want to see a Nascar with a tough, 8 month champ, who has ground it out and survived, not 1 of a group of 16 surviving over 10 races. If the champ is crowned that way, why have the other 26 regular races or an All Star race or a Busch Clash? Heck, just finish 11th every race in the regular season and then win one in each playoff round and outlast your opponent in the final race. Champion my butt. Also, the availability of merchandise has changed–back in the 90s you couls find Racing Champions everywhere and kids ate those things up. Now, it’s rare to even see a diecast race car at Wal-mart so no more young fans are introduced that way.
    There are many more variables to the merchandise issue as well, but finally, let’s explore the rise of the world’s new God: the internet.
    I can get EVERYTHING I want when I want it and how I want it almost immediately today…so instead of a cable tv service with local channels airing nascar, I have 80 shows on Hulu, Netflix, etc etc etc. The internet and instant everything has killed print media and the ability of content to be controlled. Now I, you, Joe-blow and Mary Sue control what we see, how we see it and when we see it and with that decline and the lower numbers of youth in car culture has came a decline in fans. Take into mind the limits tracks impose on “good times” like beer and food in the grandstands and who wants that $100 ticket anyway if you can’t enjoy yourself freely? Companies are investing their extra money in internet ads these days, not race cars that young people aren’t flocking to drive. In the end, there are many reasons why Nascar has declined in popularity, however, if you’re a fan of the sport and aren’t a fairweather fan, you still watch faithfully, as I have since 1988 and will until I die.

carolinakid

Steve R

February 23, 2021 11:29 am

The NASCAR playoffs, Win and your in, Stage Racing and the dopey point system that goes with it, not to mention the yellow flags that go with stage racing, All of this stuff sucks and is a dirrect reason why the fans have left, NASCAR thinks they control everything but guess what NASCAR you have no power over the money in my pocket and you will get none of it as long as you keep NASCAR in current stupid form, It is you NASCAR who have driven the fans away

carolinakid

U64387

February 23, 2021 12:09 pm

It’s the same old stale and sterile racing. Cars are too aero sensitive and nobody can pass. So, you watch them drive around in packs until the end and then everybody tries to pass and it winds up with a big wreck. Predictable. Stale. Now, NASCAR is trying gimmicks like spreading dirt on the track at Bristol and dirt racing. Bristol is fine the way it was! You want to race on dirt? Then, go to Eldora or some place like that! The racing needs to go back to an acceptable set of parameters for teams to tweak their cars with mechanical advantage versus aero. I miss watching people like Dale Earnhardt being three laps down and coming back to run up front. It added drama without wrecking. The parameters are too strict; lighten up a bit.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Road courses are the most exciting NASCAR races to wager on because anything can happen and longshots have value

carolinakid

the cars and road course just dont go together, never have and never will.nascar died yrs ago and now with all this crap they trying, it does not work period

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    the cars and road course just dont go together, never have and never will.nascar died yrs ago and now with all this crap they trying, it does not work period

I will admit I stopped following closely a few years ago.

carolinakid

most will say this, when they tried yrs ago to take nascar to the next level and it fail, that when nascar died.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kid You’re the only guy on this forum that’s watching that stuff I won’t count it against you though

The people that follow that sport have an IQ of 40

carolinakid

i dont watch it here jj, i will say i may watch like 10 laps of the daytona 500 or maybe the last 10 laps, it died many yrs ago for me.i think you know i use to go to a lot of the races with the woods brothers back when david was driving for them, but that was so many yrs ago...........i had a great friend that was the right hand tire man yrs ago on the 21 and one day he came home put a double barrel shotgun in his mouth and pull both triggers

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Nascar fun to bet on.

When everything was shut down because of Corona they ran virtually and you could bet on them.

That was pretty fun

carolinakid

Heck Eddie Wood, was a kid like me growing up, hell i dated Carol before he even married her
    Last edited by carolinakid; 07-04-21 at 05:39 PM.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16291

I Agree 2 road courses Sonoma and Watkins glen is enough.Nascar has gone down hill because there are simply no drivers to get behind.When i first started watching Nascar in the early 90s you had fans of many drivers.Earnhardt sr,Bobby and Terry Labonte Jeff Gordon Jimmy Spencer Rusty Wallace.I remember going to Phoenix and Michigan walking down the concourse with miles of trailers loaded with gear fans with Kellogg's Jackets with the number 5 ect.Those days are long gone you cant get behind any of these guys.Then you have Bubba Smollett who took away there Confederate flag away which i think had to do more with pride and history then racisim.Plus two many cookie cutter tracks.Great tracks Like Rockingham and Wilkesboro dying also has a lot to do with too.Like the above poster said too a lot of older fans have died off and a lot of southern fans hated that corporations took over and made it a national sport and took away to much of the southern roots.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

A snooze fest. I have watched 5 minutes in my life.

carolinakid

to be honest if you wanted to go to today race, how many fans would take wisc over daytona beach come on now this is stupid.......

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

The brake work and sand around the track made for an exciting day of racing.

carolinakid

fish you should have been with me back in the real days of nascar and all the wild parties you would have love it fuk this so call nascar today

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Because you get to bet Chase Elliott who’s won 6 of last 8 of them.

Guy’s like an ATM

carolinakid

wait until next yr, you want to see how bad nascar can get, you aint seen nothing yet

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

NASCAR should try to go international way like the F1 or NBA. In 30 years it could dominate the world.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

to be honest if you wanted to go to today race, how many fans would take wisc over daytona beach come on now this is stupid.......
    i went to the race today

road america is fantastic... but the race wasn't because nascar wanted another road course, it was because chicago/illinois have so many covid restrictions they moved it to wisconsin

you don't get to ride golf carts around at daytona... or ride go karts

maybe instead of whining and complaining, come to road america next year and have some fun

carolinakid

nope i rather if i have to go either in the woods pit or in a suite, fuke that road course bs, that is not nascar and will never be, i been to road atl and vir, i will never set foot in a road couse ever again, have fun riding the golf carts, so you go to a nascar race to ride go karts and golf carts, if i have a suite they will take me to a elevator in a golf cart, that enough for me
    Last edited by carolinakid; 07-04-21 at 07:34 PM.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

I don't understand how people can watch some of the races where they just drive around in a circle like wtf

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    I Agree 2 road courses Sonoma and Watkins glen is enough.Nascar has gone down hill because there are simply no drivers to get behind.When i first started watching Nascar in the early 90s you had fans of many drivers.Earnhardt sr,Bobby and Terry Labonte Jeff Gordon Jimmy Spencer Rusty Wallace.I remember going to Phoenix and Michigan walking down the concourse with miles of trailers loaded with gear fans with Kellogg's Jackets with the number 5 ect.Those days are long gone you cant get behind any of these guys.Then you have Bubba Smollett who took away there Confederate flag away which i think had to do more with pride and history then racisim.Plus two many cookie cutter tracks.Great tracks Like Rockingham and Wilkesboro dying also has a lot to do with too.Like the above poster said too a lot of older fans have died off and a lot of southern fans hated that corporations took over and made it a national sport and took away to much of the southern roots.
    Sounds like you would be a big Kyle Larson fan due to his liberal use of the N word you inbred trash

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

u were talking about the hot dog contest all morning u probably wet yourself u were so excited and now u want to dump on nascar come on man
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

carolinakid

dump on nascar come on dude, i was at most nascar races every week with my friends the wood brother back in the 80's in the pits and if i wanted to go today, i could call and get a guest pass in their pits, it not about dumping nascar it a shell of the sport it was back in the day.come on dude just goggle the crap, it not me, why do you think they changing all the rules, that right to try to get people to watch this joke of a sport today..............you want to talking about wetting, i guess that your thing kid, grow the hell up and learn some real facts................when the rating go back up check back with me then until then go to hell. maybe i need to go back to one of these race in the pits and give you the bird in your do nothing world and you can see the different between you and me, if you like this brand of nascar you the one must be wet............wet behind the ears and a young kid
    Last edited by carolinakid; 07-04-21 at 10:18 PM.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

my bad ck its just hard to keep track of all the sports and misc things u hate

i log in this morning you post "hot dog contest in 3 minutes"

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Hotdogs and NASCAR. No doubt CK owns at least two pairs of shit kickers

12 Last