jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s over for her just hang it up nobody wants her around either because she’s a drama queen like Osaka all about herself

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It’s over for her just hang it up nobody wants her around either because she’s a drama queen like Osaka all about herself

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Her 2021 season is terrible.

Bounced 1st round 2 of last 3 tourneys and 3rd rd at French

It's terrible man, she ain't sniffing another Semi Final ever again
    I agree its time now and she knows it. the us open is perfect for an exit. she carried USA Tennis long enough.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    What did Venus do?
    i think their matchfixing early on in their careers put off a lot of people when their dad said Serena would be the better sister and made sure Venus pulled out of an Indian Wells match in 2001 moments before her SF was supposed to start so that Serena would play her opponent and win the title. Whether him and his buddies were making bets on these matches is unknown.
    I'm guessing he thought Serena wasn't ready to take on Venus back then which was kinda true because Venus was winning slams.
    But after the booing and alleged 'racial remarks and taunts' allegedly target at him and them (which was never proven) it was obviously a motivation tool.

Their Final in Australia four years ago basically summed up how staged their matches are. If anyone has ever seen a more staged match then that one, I'd like to know.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

She is coming to US and get on a 6 week Jenny Craig diet program and she will be ready. You can't win if you can't move around the court fast. She will do her shakes and drink water to lose the weight.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    I agree its time now and she knows it. the us open is perfect for an exit. she carried USA Tennis long enough.
    I thought the Olympics would have been, followed by us open

But instead of a graceful exit it's going to be ugly

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I don't think Serena is done at all. The women's tour is so weak it's not even funny. Osaka is one of the only consistent champions on tour. Girls like Halep never step up. They do all that work in the regular season and how many majors does she have? Like 1 or 2?

If Serena can get back in shape in the next 2 months, she'll have a good chance to win the US Open. And if she's still recovering and trying to get in shape, then she'll be ready for the aussie open at the start of next year.

Also, if women really wanted to be treated the same as men in sports, then why don't they play best of 5s? It's a rhetorical question. The answer is common sense.

The fact of the matter is Serena is the closest thing to a middle tier men's player on the women's tour, and everyone else, even the number 1 and 2 and 3 seeds, would get swept 6-0 6-0 by the lowest ranked men's player at wimbledon.

That's why Serena will always have a chance.

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I don't think Serena is done at all. The women's tour is so weak it's not even funny. Osaka is one of the only consistent champions on tour. Girls like Halep never step up. They do all that work in the regular season and how many majors does she have? Like 1 or 2?

If Serena can get back in shape in the next 2 months, she'll have a good chance to win the US Open. And if she's still recovering and trying to get in shape, then she'll be ready for the aussie open at the start of next year.

Also, if women really wanted to be treated the same as men in sports, then why don't they play best of 5s? It's a rhetorical question. The answer is common sense.

The fact of the matter is Serena is the closest thing to a middle tier men's player on the women's tour, and everyone else, even the number 1 and 2 and 3 seeds, would get swept 6-0 6-0 by the lowest ranked men's player at wimbledon.

That's why Serena will always have a chance.
    You can't actually be serious can you GM?.. This ain't golf where a 50 yr old could still win a Major.. I know it's the random ass WTA but she was already the oldest at 35, 0% chance she's gonna win another one 5 years later. Even if she miraculously makes a Final, why would it be any different than the last 4 she lost in straight sets?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    You can't actually be serious can you GM?.. This ain't golf where a 50 yr old could still win a Major.. I know it's the random ass WTA but she was already the oldest at 35, 0% chance she's gonna win another one 5 years later. Even if she miraculously makes a Final, why would it be any different than the last 4 she lost in straight sets?
    Doug, difference between me an 99% of this forum, I never knee jerk react to this. People thought Nadal was done after all those knee surgeries. I disagreed. People said Djokovic was done. Check that thread, I said he has a long way to go. People in that thread told me that I was "embarassing myself" when I predicted 23 majors for Djokovic when he was going through his "issues."

There is a huge gap between a healthy, fit Serena and the rest of the world.

I think her problems all started when she got pregnant then had a kid. I don't know for sure but it seems like the time frames add up.

The question for Serena now will be, does she have that hunger to get 1-2 more slams? Maybe she does not. That's not an answer I have. Maybe she is content and retires. But if not, if she does have teh desire and the hunger to get back in shape, she will win again.

Because even at 40, she is still physically more dominant than 25 year old women.

The women's game is a complete joke. The only threat to a healthy, fit Serena is Osaka, and no one else.

Don't forget that Federer is the 3rd best player in the world today. He is like 40. Guy is just coming off surgery now and can dust 25 year old kids. Give Federer another few months to get back in the groove, and once again, the only two people who will stand in his way will be Nadal and Djokovic.

Rafa is gonna win at Roland Garros when he's like 37 if he decides to keep playing.

Doug tushyterror

Doug, difference between me an 99% of this forum, I never knee jerk react to this. People thought Nadal was done after all those knee surgeries. I disagreed. People said Djokovic was done. Check that thread, I said he has a long way to go. People in that thread told me that I was "embarassing myself" when I predicted 23 majors for Djokovic when he was going through his "issues."

There is a huge gap between a healthy, fit Serena and the rest of the world.

I think her problems all started when she got pregnant then had a kid. I don't know for sure but it seems like the time frames add up.

The question for Serena now will be, does she have that hunger to get 1-2 more slams? Maybe she does not. That's not an answer I have. Maybe she is content and retires. But if not, if she does have teh desire and the hunger to get back in shape, she will win again.

Because even at 40, she is still physically more dominant than 25 year old women.

The women's game is a complete joke. The only threat to a healthy, fit Serena is Osaka, and no one else.

Don't forget that Federer is the 3rd best player in the world today. He is like 40. Guy is just coming off surgery now and can dust 25 year old kids. Give Federer another few months to get back in the groove, and once again, the only two people who will stand in his way will be Nadal and Djokovic.

Rafa is gonna win at Roland Garros when he's like 37 if he decides to keep playing.
    So how much more time do you give her, assuming she doesn't win the US Open, you'd have to conclude if she doesn't win one next year her window is permanently closed shut, correct?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    So how much more time do you give her, assuming she doesn't win the US Open, you'd have to conclude if she doesn't win one next year her window is permanently closed shut, correct?
    I think her window goes to about 42 years old, if and only if she has the desire to keep playing and we see an in shape Serena. Because we can all agree, this past year or two, girl seems to have gained a good amount of weight. Tennis is not really like other sports like say basketball or football where every micro second of speed matters, especially in the women's game. We saw Brian Scalobrini destroy some college athletes 1 on 1. He's like 45 years old. He wouldn't be able to score a single point in the nba today most likely.

But in women's tennis? None of that applies. It's one of the least competitive professional tours/sports in the world, which is why Serena has been so dominant.

I don't know what her injury is Dougie but if she's still hobbled and still a bit chunky going into the US Open, and wants to keep playing after that, I'd chalk her up as the favorite to win the Australian Open in 2022. And we will definitely pound that line (IF we see pics of her and she's lost those pounds).

Doug tushyterror

I think her window goes to about 42 years old, if and only if she has the desire to keep playing and we see an in shape Serena. Because we can all agree, this past year or two, girl seems to have gained a good amount of weight. Tennis is not really like other sports like say basketball or football where every micro second of speed matters, especially in the women's game. We saw Brian Scalobrini destroy some college athletes 1 on 1. He's like 45 years old. He wouldn't be able to score a single point in the nba today most likely.

But in women's tennis? None of that applies. It's one of the least competitive professional tours/sports in the world, which is why Serena has been so dominant.

I don't know what her injury is Dougie but if she's still hobbled and still a bit chunky going into the US Open, and wants to keep playing after that, I'd chalk her up as the favorite to win the Australian Open in 2022. And we will definitely pound that line (IF we see pics of her and she's lost those pounds).
    All valid points Goat, since she has yet to hint at retirement, I guess only time will tell which one of us is right.

Four33
    5-3-2
    Four33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

Liberal media acting like she died gtfo

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Loser

Glad she is out

Non story

First 12