jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

man its bizarre

World is fukked if this new variant affects vaccinated people

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Yeah it’s not good. We just got out of lockdown where I live but I’m sure we’ll be plunged straight back in soon. Over 170 days of lockdown in the past 16 months where I am. And people keep asking why I’ve been quiet on here lately… I’ve been looking at the same walls for way too long now. Nothing to say because we were stuck at home and now that we’re free the rest of the bloody country has the spicy cough so we’ll be f’d again soon

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

It's only for 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

When the news comes out that the vaccines don’t work for the variants the world will be in complete chaos. The biological weapon that was designed so that no vaccine can keep up with the variants. Only China will ever have the true vaccine to protect from the variants.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawkwind, and 19th Hole

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Archie just throwing bait out there to see who bites

wow

archie do you want me to bite?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

LOL

basically Canada2
    Points Awarded:

capitalist pig gave Emily_Haines 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lakerboy gave Emily_Haines 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    When the news comes out that the vaccines don’t work for the variants the world will be in complete chaos. The biological weapon that was designed so that no vaccine can keep up with the variants. Only China will ever have the true vaccine to protect from the variants.
    I bet it comes around election time

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    man its bizarre

World is fukked if this new variant affects vaccinated people
    In the bbc link above it says that less than 5% of Australia is fully vaccinated, maybe that’s the problem.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    It's only for 2 weeks to flatten the curve.
    Yeah sure. Our last (4th) lockdown we were told we’d only need a 6 day “circuit breaker”. Seven weeks later we’re just finally a bit free. Still masks indoors though. So f’n sick of these masks and crap
    Points Awarded:

RudyRuetigger gave shari91 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger

Mental and physical health are big time problems that will (is being) be created

Big pharma drugs will need to be prescribed to help this problem...thank god we have big pharma to save us

I am inside 16months of the year anyway so does not bother me but many lives will be fukked up from this
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18977

The UK went into lock-down before Christmas. We were hoping to come out of it in April. That wasn't close to happening. The next date for re-opening was June 19. The UK government had to make a decision 7 days in advance of that date. By late May the daily positive test numbers had dropped from 25K+ per day to under 1K and everyone thought re-opening was a certainty. At the end of May the delta variant was detected in Manchester, (3rd largest UK city). By June 12 the daily positive numbers were up to 7.5K. The government pushed back the full re-opening date by 4 weeks with certain events, (such as Euro football matches and the F1 British Grand Prix), exempt from restrictions as a trial. 17 days later daily positive tests are now at 22.5K. There is little chance of a full re-opening in July. Almost all of the new cases are people with 1 or 0 inoculation jabs. Masks are mandatory in shops. Almost everyone over 30 wears a mask when in a shop. A sizeable minority of under 30-year-olds do not. They don't social distance either. Almost all cases are under 30-years-old. The attitude here for the majority of under 30-year-olds seems to be that they don't care.

I'm not telling people in other countries how to handle things. The UK is a high population density environment. What does, or doesn't, work here won't necessarily be replicated elsewhere.

flyingillini

What’s going to happen when it hits America , will things close again ..

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    The UK went into lock-down before Christmas. We were hoping to come out of it in April. That wasn't close to happening. The next date for re-opening was June 19. The UK government had to make a decision 7 days in advance of that date. By late May the daily positive test numbers had dropped from 25K+ per day to under 1K and everyone thought re-opening was a certainty. At the end of May the delta variant was detected in Manchester, (3rd largest UK city). By June 12 the daily positive numbers were up to 7.5K. The government pushed back the full re-opening date by 4 weeks with certain events, (such as Euro football matches and the F1 British Grand Prix), exempt from restrictions as a trial. 17 days later daily positive tests are now at 22.5K. There is little chance of a full re-opening in July. Almost all of the new cases are people with 1 or 0 inoculation jabs. Masks are mandatory in shops. Almost everyone over 30 wears a mask when in a shop. A sizeable minority of under 30-year-olds do not. They don't social distance either. Almost all cases are under 30-years-old. The attitude here for the majority of under 30-year-olds seems to be that they don't care.

I'm not telling people in other countries how to handle things. The UK is a high population density environment. What does, or doesn't, work here won't necessarily be replicated elsewhere.
    The media minister has said that “people who are important” should be entitled to avoid tough quarantine rules when travelling to the UK.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    The media minister has said that “people who are important” should be entitled to avoid tough quarantine rules when travelling to the UK.
    As ever, rules made by politicians apply to everyone equally...except politicians...and their friends...and people who can pay to avoid them...or important people...and/or __________ [fill in the blank]. The UK recently hosted the G7 summit, and all 9 leaders, (seriously don't ask me why there were 9 people there), were leaders from countries on restricted travel lists that required them to isolate for 14 days after travel. Yeah, fukk those rules. The UK government is extremely unpopular with the public. We recently had 2 By-Elections. 1 was in a constituency dominated by the main opposition party and the other held by the in-government party. Both parties holding seats were absolutely kicked by voters. Politicians from both parties are currently viewed with utter contempt not seen since the Tottenham riots some years ago.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Lockdowns keep coming as they battle this Covid Scourge

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-57633457
    COVID 19 bleeding well into the second half of 21

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Apologies for switching attention away from Australia. Lock-downs are tough on everyone going through them, and Australia also seems to have had a bad time of it with fires, floods, and drought in the past 12 months. From the outside Australia seems to have dealt with things better than some other countries. Good luck to Australia.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

What’s going to happen when it hits America , will things close again ..
    Not in Florida or Texas
    It's been open the whole pandemic time
    Points Awarded:

capitalist pig gave masr 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold

The delta variant deadly

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

The delta variant deadly
    It's difficult to tell from here. Most of the people getting it here are people whom you would expect to survive it and the number of deaths is currently extremely low. As with all variants we don't know what the long-term effects will be. We don't have official numbers on those who have related medical issues months after contracting the virus. We 'think' the number of survivors having issues 6 months later is around 1 in 25, but that number could be way off. We don't know if having had the disease will cause people problems later in life or shorten life expectancy. Maybe it'll be like flu and there won't be any long-term effects for young, healthy people.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Lockdowns DO NOT work

mRNA vaccines, on the other hand, do
    Points Awarded:

capitalist pig gave Brock Landers 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave Brock Landers 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

i mean, we only have 100 people outta millions that have it, and no deaths.

but thanks 🙏

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Lockdowns DO NOT work

mRNA vaccines, on the other hand, do
    I got the Pfizer vaccine because or yours and JJ’s Input

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I got the Pfizer vaccine because or yours and JJ’s Input
    Reports today show it's very likely to have long-term protection as well

jjgold

The Delta variant could shut down the United States late fall that’s what experts are predicting because not enough have the shot

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

As a canadian I feel good knowing we have a country more paranoid then us.

lakerboy

The delta variant deadly
    Stop. 25 people a day dying in England. 20k cases. All my cousins in India laughing at this garbage. Only old people die.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    As a canadian I feel good knowing we have a country more paranoid then us.

jjgold

India has been destroyed by Covid
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Stop. 25 people a day dying in England. 20k cases. All my cousins in India laughing at this garbage. Only old people die.

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

The government will never take their boot off the necks of citizens on this one.

I can't believe anyone believes this crap anymore.

Oh no more scary things on the news please government save me and lock down my liberties!!!!

Stop being a weak pussy

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

Yeah right, like stuff made in China works.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    Yeah right, like stuff made in China works.
    Your perception of China is distorted. China is light years ahead of America in everything.

Runeblade
    Runeblade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I pray every day that China will be held to account for poisoning the entire fukking world....

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    The government will never take their boot off the necks of citizens on this one.

I can't believe anyone believes this crap anymore.

Oh no more scary things on the news please government save me and lock down my liberties!!!!

Stop being a weak pussy
    Aren't you in the USA? What are you whining about? Everything is open now. Biden reopened everything.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Aren't you in the USA? What are you whining about? Everything is open now. Biden reopened everything.
    Biden did what? I thought each state does there own thing? How long did the 100 day mask request last? Biden lol. Bro you are much smarter then that.

1234 ... Last