Runeblade
    Runeblade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Montreal proves you don't need superstars to win Championships

Who would of thought this team of guys you never hear of making it all the way to the finals. Good defensive play, no mistakes and a hot goalie will get you there. Nothing beats playoff hockey. Nothing......
    Last edited by Runeblade; 06-25-21 at 12:25 PM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

They might get smoked next round......and none of it would really matter except saying, "nice run".

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Well, Price had been superstar for many years, as well as Webber and Stall and Perry - but yeah, can't think of anyone who bought them to even beat Toronto.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Hockey. These Cinderella runs happen almost every season.

Runeblade

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    Well, Price had been superstar for many years, as well as Webber and Stall and Perry - but yeah, can't think of anyone who bought them to even beat Toronto.
    Ok ok price yeah, Stall borderline…..but the rest of the guys aren’t superstars but sure as hell playing like superstars.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

it call getting hot the right time, you see it almost every yr in the march madness with basketball

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Runeblade View Post
    Who would of thought this team of guys you never hear of making it all the way to the finals. Good defensive play, no mistakes and a hot goalie will get you there. Nothing beats playoff hockey. Nothing......

Price is playing line a superstar and they haven’t won anything yet. Dumb post.

Metatron
    Metatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Price is a superstar and one of, if not the best goalie of the current era. Hockey is literally a sport where one player (goalie) can win you not only a game or series but the entire playoffs. It's not like pitching in baseball because pitchers can only go every 3-4 days. It's not like the quarterback in football because they only play on one side of the ball. It's not even like the goalie in soccer because the dimensions of the soccer net are absurdly large compared to hockey. These types of posts never cease to amaze me how little people know about the sport they watch.

Runeblade

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Price is playing line a superstar and they haven’t won anything yet. Dumb post.
    Woe woe woe...Thomorino, How could you???....I'm very hurt by this!!

I'll tell you what I'll bet you 100 points Montreal wins the Cup....Time to put your big boy pants on. If Montreal loses, Ill send you 100pts. If they win, you owe me 100pts.

What do ya say?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't crown anyone a champ until they are.......its senseless. I can think last year I was 100% sure the Lakers were going to take that title, and 99% sure TB Lightning would win the cup BOTH before the playoffs. Yet, I would've never said well, still one round to go its over. They won.

You obviously haven't been gambling very long to know better than to write/speak like that. A long-term gambler knows or should know better than to even say they won a game before the game is over. I understand if Montreal was up 3 games to 0 in the series and the other team lost their top 2 players during the series......and they were up 4-0 in the second period of game 4..........okay then I can see you saying its locked up.

This is just goofy man. That's all!

You're saying a team with more losses than wins already locked up the cup? Okay boss. I'm not saying it can't happen though.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I don't crown anyone a champ until they are.......its senseless. I can think last year I was 100% sure the Lakers were going to take that title, and 99% sure TB Lightning would win the cup BOTH before the playoffs. Yet, I would've never said well, still one round to go its over. They won.

You obviously haven't been gambling very long to know better than to write/speak like that. A long-term gambler knows or should know better than to even say they won a game before the game is over. I understand if Montreal was up 3 games to 0 in the series and the other team lost their top 2 players during the series......and they were up 4-0 in the second period of game 4..........okay then I can see you saying its locked up.

You're saying a team with more losses than wins already locked up the cup? Okay boss. I'm not saying it can't happen though.
    Montreal was a lock last night

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

What?! Team over superstars!?!
    Nooooooooooooo!

Runeblade

Thomorino where you at???...you scared bruh???.....

Runeblade

Do you bet on futures?

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

It's hockey, any team can win

Runeblade

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    You are correct sir and that's why its the best.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Price Is a stud. He can singlehandedly win a series if he’s locked in. Suzuki, Kokankiemi, and Caulfield are three of the best young stars in the game. Great trio to build around the next 10 years

Runeblade

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    Price Is a stud. He can singlehandedly win a series if he’s locked in. Suzuki, Kokankiemi, and Caulfield are three of the best young stars in the game. Great trio to build around the next 10 years
    Bingo!...and with the playoff experience those three are getting. Montreal is going to be tough for quite a while. Price has 3-4 years left but those could be 3-4 years of great hockey for him.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Yup, hockey allows for the most variations of any team sport.
    A lot of puck luck going on in the rink.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Hockey. These Cinderella runs happen almost every season.
    I am the furthest thing from a puck head, there's just not enough time to keep up with the NHL, baseball and football is too much as it is.
    But...
    I love the game of hockey, and thousands of non puck head sports fan maintain that the Stanley Cup tournament is the best in sports.
    I will watch maybe five, maybe regular scheduled games all season (no time) but I will watch their playoffs, because they are usually that damn good, and like you say you always have that Cinderella factor added in.

Not for nothing I still say Emrick was the greatest play by play announcer ever in any sport.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10282

Canadian fans are living in the lap of luxury.. A tired team were the Knights and Fleury himself had to give a game away which may have meant a whole different outcome..

Not at all saying Montreal did not deserve to win. You win, you deserve it.. I’m just saying. It’s easy to go all creaming over the Habs, but bragging is for kids.. If anyone deserves a pat onthe back it’s Habs coach..

Runeblade

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I am the furthest thing from a puck head, there's just not enough time to keep up with the NHL, baseball and football is too much as it is.
    But...
    I love the game of hockey, and thousands of non puck head sports fan maintain that the Stanley Cup tournament is the best in sports.
    I will watch maybe five, maybe regular scheduled games all season (no time) but I will watch their playoffs, because they are usually that damn good, and like you say you always have that Cinderella factor added in.

Not for nothing I still say Emrick was the greatest play by play announcer ever in any sport.
    Emrick was awesome. The way he describes the action on the ice is 2nd to none.

Runeblade

Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    Canadian fans are living in the lap of luxury.. A tired team were the Knights and Fleury himself had to give a game away which may have meant a whole different outcome..

Not at all saying Montreal did not deserve to win. You win, you deserve it.. I’m just saying. It’s easy to go all creaming over the Habs, but bragging is for kids.. If anyone deserves a pat onthe back it’s Habs coach..
    Changing the division structure to have all Canadian teams in 1 division was great. They should keep it like that because 1 team always has a chance to be in the conference finals and if they make it to the Stanley Cup final then its more than just the trophy, its country pride.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    This

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Montreal is playing well but the Reaves injury really hurt Vegas in that series, Montreal was the far more physical team and they bullied Vegas.

Still, Vegas wins the series if Fleury doesn’t hand Montreal game 3. Tampa Bay is a much more physical team than Vegas was with Reaves out if that’s the matchup.

I don’t see Montreal having much of a chance against Tampa Bay unless Kicherov is out or severely limited if that’s the matchup.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Runeblade View Post
    Do you bet on futures?
    Of course....but I'm a superstitious man; and if something would befall my team or a player would get hurt, then I would have to blame someone in this room.

I won TB Lightning last year future for 11k before playoffs I bet them. My only future. I also had the Ravens the year before last. 1.3k for 50k before season. The year they lost to the Titans bad in Baltimore. I hedged out in that game with Titans ML for a chunk.

I would never bet more than 2 for any playoffs and 90% of the time I take a shot on one team. Futures are good for longshots and that's normally it. Otherwise, they are bad bets. I only took TB last year because I was completely convinced that was their year.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Montreal is playing well but the Reaves injury really hurt Vegas in that series, Montreal was the far more physical team and they bullied Vegas.

Still, Vegas wins the series if Fleury doesn’t hand Montreal game 3. Tampa Bay is a much more physical team than Vegas was with Reaves out if that’s the matchup.

I don’t see Montreal having much of a chance against Tampa Bay unless Kicherov is out or severely limited if that’s the matchup.

Reaves wasn't injured he played a game or two then was healthy scratch.

Even without Reaves Las Vegas was just as physical or more compared to Montreal.

Runeblade

100pts brotha....what's it gonna be???

Runeblade

Of course....but I'm a superstitious man; and if something would befall my team or a player would get hurt, then I would have to blame someone in this room.

I won TB Lightning last year future for 11k before playoffs I bet them. My only future. I also had the Ravens the year before last. 1.3k for 50k before season. The year they lost to the Titans bad in Baltimore. I hedged out in that game with Titans ML for a chunk.

I would never bet more than 2 for any playoffs and 90% of the time I take a shot on one team. Futures are good for longshots and that's normally it. Otherwise, they are bad bets. I only took TB last year because I was completely convinced that was their year.
    Ok(and that was a great play by the way) but you can't say my prediction is silly when your predicting something months into the future cmon now. A team like Montreal who just barely squeaked into the playoffs and was down 3-1 against Toronto and then everyone thought Vegas was going to stomp them is a dangerous team. A team that fully believes in themselves is always a dangerous opponent.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Detroit pistons 2004

Runeblade

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Detroit pistons 2004
    Great team that year. NO ONE saw that coming.
    Last edited by Runeblade; 06-25-21 at 06:33 PM.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

Montreal v. Tampa Bay!

Runeblade

Montreal in 7

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Montreal odds going to be great and they're hot but so many hot teams either run out of steam or just can't handle the Stanley cup finals San Jose, Nashville, Dallas etc just going to watch game 1, this Tampa team is good

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

They haven't won shit yet. No one remembers the Stanley Cup losers.

12 Last