lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Montreal ml +132 is an absolute unload play in game 6

Put a good chunk on this. The knights are finished. They have nothing left.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

There is also a good chance we have 2 game 7's which would be perfect to increase the ratings.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

tampa just lost after winning 8-0

hockey doesn't make sense LB

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

He usually goes against Vegas.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    tampa just lost after winning 8-0

hockey doesn't make sense LB
    Pride.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Pride.
    tampa is dead

beantown34
    beantown34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3348

tampa is dead
    if kucherov is hurt they are dead. guy is a stud did you see the jobbers eating up all the ice time tonight. NYI will win it all now

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

NYI mon will be embarrassing for hockey. Just play a 32 team tournament next year. This would be like the wizards playing Memphis for the nba finals
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave thetrinity 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    NYI mon will be embarrassing for hockey. Just play a 32 team tournament next year. This would be like the wizards playing Memphis for the nba finals
    I understand your point but I don't agree with you. The Habs are the greatest team in NHL history. The islanders have a great history. Sure the teams don't exude flashiness but that would be a good series for a true hockey fan.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

Morino has Vegas futures. I'm in

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Montreal more losses than wins and shouldn't have made playoffs. They were the 18th best team this year and barely beat my shitty Flames team in the standings.

Have to give them credit for how they are playing now but this is embarrassing for the league.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

If, and its still an IF, that were the matchup.....it will be fun for both historic franchises one of which would win the cup. NYI has that run didn't they win 4 in a row? Mtl is original 6 team. It would be worth watching.

And don't forget, the Islanders had to beat Pittsburgh (recent former champs 16/17), Boston (recent former champs 11/19 runner-up) and TB (last year champs 20) if they can beat TB that is.......
    That's one helluva run through the best.....

Montreal beat Toronto and if they can beat Vegas (runner-up to Wsh 18).....

All this is IF at this point.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Montreal more losses than wins and shouldn't have made playoffs. They were the 18th best team this year and barely beat my shitty Flames team in the standings.

Have to give them credit for how they are playing now but this is embarrassing for the league.
    Eh, not so sure about that.....8 seeds in hockey can get there on occasion.......maybe not one with that record though which is true. I don't think its embarrassing but makes it more exciting. Who doesn't get boring seeing the Yankees win every dam year other than a Yankee fan?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

NHL gets a Saturday prime time game if this goes 7.

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Eh, not so sure about that.....8 seeds in hockey can get there on occasion.......maybe not one with that record though which is true. I don't think its embarrassing but makes it more exciting. Who doesn't get boring seeing the Yankees win every dam year other than a Yankee fan?
    It is embarrassing for every other team. I do like underdog stories but they got fortunate their division was so shitty.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

tampa is dead
    they just got out worked that 3rd period

still gotta like tampa at home

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    they just got out worked that 3rd period

still gotta like tampa at home
    Depends if Kucherov comes back. Their power play is not the same without him.

goduke

It is embarrassing for every other team. I do like underdog stories but they got fortunate their division was so shitty.
    Stop it. They beat Toronto and you said it meant nothing. They beat Winnipeg and you said it doesn’t count because Vegas and Colorado are so much better. Now they are handling Vegas every single game except 1 and they are still fortunate. This team has taken all your reasons and ripped them up. You’re hurt because you bet it wrong period. Like I did with the clippers. It happens

tmoible
    tmoible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

U are crazy,hockey is a unpredictable sport

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Stop it. They beat Toronto and you said it meant nothing. They beat Winnipeg and you said it doesn’t count because Vegas and Colorado are so much better. Now they are handling Vegas every single game except 1 and they are still fortunate. This team has taken all your reasons and ripped them up. You’re hurt because you bet it wrong period. Like I did with the clippers. It happens
    I'm actually not no, I had a fantastic last few weeks and will be up big regardless.

I'm saying this as a hockey fan, not a gambler. And I'm from another city in Canada and if we can't win the cup, I sure as hell don't want another Canadian team winning.

tmoible
    tmoible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    How much did u lose?

lakerboy

Let's focus on what's happening. Colorado lost all 3 in Vegas. Montreal already won 2/3 there. Vegas is gassed. De Boer screws up not staying with lehner. You win with one guy. You don't flip flop.

Unrivaled

Is Vegas playing bad or is Montreal just playing the perfect system against them?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Let's focus on what's happening. Colorado lost all 3 in Vegas. Montreal already won 2/3 there. Vegas is gassed. De Boer screws up not staying with lehner. You win with one guy. You don't flip flop.
    Even the game Lehner won they stole at the very end with a goal time running down in 3rd. Mtl outplayed them that game. But, Mtl shouldn't have won I think game 3 where they were badly outplayed.

lakerboy

Is Vegas playing bad or is Montreal just playing the perfect system against them?
    They are tired. Price is unflappable. Vegas can't score. Montreal has very good speedy forwards that are opportunistic. Steal and perry have been there. Byron and Anderson have speed. The knights have never gotten in prices face.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Why?? Vegas is better......

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Why?? Vegas is better......
    Then take Vegas.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Vegas is tired??? Why?? Professional athletes

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

To me, being a former player, its the system. Montreal is stopping them in the neutral zone more than any team I've seen do this since the 90's to clarify for you. Its also the forecheck. They are right on the Vegas D-men and getting a lot of turnovers. The forecheck consistency is what leads to the opportunities. They also have very very good back-checking (this might be the biggest reason they are winning that is never seen in a box score or talked about much) meaning their forwards aren't jerking off down in the other end, they are getting back into the play and stopping any major counter-offensives by Vegas. Vegas is a good team....yes.

Let me put it this way, Montreal figured out how to play almost even steven with Vegas meaning either team can win. Hard for me to explain it in writing........

The funny thing is the Islanders play a similar style when I watch them too. Trotts is a good coach and made some changes from the 8-0 blow-out. Lots of them winning tonite was on Barry. Believe it. Very, very good coach.
    Last edited by hehfest; 06-23-21 at 11:45 PM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Vegas is tired??? Why?? Professional athletes
    Tired.....common man....lol!

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    To me, being a former player, its the system. Montreal is stopping them in the neutral zone more than any team I've seen do this since the 90's to clarify for you. Its also the forecheck. They are right on the Vegas D-men and getting a lot of turnovers. The forecheck consistency is what leads to the opportunities. They also have very very good back-checking (this might be the biggest reason they are winning that is never seen in a box score or talked about much) meaning their forwards aren't jerking off down in the other end, they are getting back into the play and stopping any major counter-offensives by Vegas. Vegas is a good team....yes.

Let me put it this way, Montreal figured out how to play almost even steven with Vegas meaning either team can win. Hard for me to explain it in writing........

The funny thing is the Islanders play a similar style when I watch them too. Trotts is a good coach and made some changes from the 8-0 blow-out. Lots of them winning tonite was on Barry. Believe it. Very, very good coach.
    And to write further.....Vegas can counter what they are doing as well because Vegas has the players that are capable to do it. Its just a matter of them executing the plan to counter it. If they do, then they win. Hockey is a lot of chess too man. People don't see it but it is.....

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I may tail you LB, how confident are you on a scale from 1 to 10 ?

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Ice hockey is the worst sport to go big in besides the Stanley cup finals

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

And once again how could anyone say (IF they beat TB) Islanders being there would be shameful when they have closed out Pittsburgh, Boston, and then Tampa Bay? Those are dam good teams to beat to get there. Its ridiculous to say that. Even if they lose, they did that and then took TB to 7. Of course they belong.

goduke

Montreal has stopped how many power plays from the other team now. They get the lead and it’s pretty much lights out. Hockey playoffs is not about high flying offense, it’s about how the right defense, goalie and how to absolutely grind shifts. It’s literally the cup winners every year. Tampa last year no high powered Stamkos but they added grinder type players and they won. Stl blues were all grinders and great goaltending.
    Vegas wasn’t built to win a cup period that’s why they flame out every year

123 Last