thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Morino - I think Silver demanded the games in order to ensure they didn't lose TV money. If they would have shortened the season, the TV contracts would have been effected and none of them would have gotten paid. The NBA had already lost a shit load of money last year in the bubble. He was trying to make some of it back up.

I'm not so sure it was the 73 game season that led to the injuries but it's an interesting topic. Teams were using load management to keep players fresh. I think a lot of these guys are just not very committed to hitting the weights, which usually leads to injuries. Kyrie, Harden, Durant, Anthony Davis, Reddish and Devincenzo all are not committed to their bodies. Also, a lot of the injuries were just freak type injuries, guys rolling up on peeps. A bigger issue could be the down time because of the pandemic. I've seen a big uptick in young kids getting injured in AAU and they are not playing any more games than usual. They are just not in the best of shape after a year of hell. Also, we have been lax in requiring kids to wear ankle braces, tape and knee pads. Hell, I'm seeing a lot of NBA players playing in low tops. WTF??? End of the day, follow the money.
    There is no question the decision was made for money, but it was short sighted.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    My winoercentage on political bets is over 70 percent you dumb shit.
    Really?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    There is no question the decision was made for money, but it was short sighted.
    Not sure he had a choice. Had to keep those contracts. These playoffs have been pretty exciting. Probably not the matchups Silver wanted but might be best long term as you are seeing young new talent emerge. I think he also wanted to get the NBA back on schedule for next year as well, which they should be back on form next year. The pandemic killed most sports for a year and a half. Got to make the best of a bad situation, injuries be damned.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Meanwhile guys are opting into the Olympics to play more. Only LeBron cried.
    Great post. Op thinks he is a doctor now. Yesterday he was a lawyer

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I heard Kevin Love is on the team or is wanting on the team. WTF? Why the hell would Team USA want that injury prone B player???

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Great post. Op thinks he is a doctor now. Yesterday he was a lawyer
    Shut up dumb shit.

First 12