Did you try deleting your cookies?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by oliveroconnor11 View Post
    Hi KVB,

I'm actually from the U.K
    Ok, thanks. Just not sure what to say as I have limited experience in WH UK.

I always thought WH was well positioned to take over a ripe US market and maybe even keep prices cool, but it didn't that way with WH or the US domestic prices.

lol

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Hope you get you're $$$

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Last time they asked: 13/5/2021
    Last time I emailed: 06/06/2021- No response since then.

I'm from the U.K
    If it's been that long, then you can be fairly sure they have you marked as failing KYC. That would be why they won't talk to you anymore as well at a guess.

At any point in the conversations did you happen to say anything that could be construed as meaning you were unwilling or unable to supply whatever they had asked for? That could be one explanation for the closure, that is at least simple to address.

But them asking for selfies with all your docs makes me think they might suspect you are a gnome account for someone else. Or not the person shown on your docs. If you are betting their max limits, or maybe have changed your betting style in recent times, it can make them look for that issue.

As Semibluff said above, it also can be as simple as your photos not being accepted by the electronic ID verify software for tiny reasons, like a finger covering an edge.

Hopefully that helps give you some clues about what might be up. It will be easier to fix if you can work that out usually.

Your next step is to email second_opinion@williamhill.co.uk and ask them to review what has been going on. Just tell them you don't understand what is going on and ask for help. As the best strategy to make sure you get a response. If they will not help you ask them how you can go about having IBAS review their decision. They should give you a code to use when submitting a dispute if needed at https://www.ibas-uk.com/
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Optional 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

second_opinion at willhill

unreal

UK guys get it all...lol.

I have as much reach as anybody but I'm not at WH UK in any form. I want in.

Optional

second_opinion@willhill.com would work for you KVB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

oliveroconnor11
    oliveroconnor11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If it's been that long, then you can be fairly sure they have you marked as failing KYC. That would be why they won't talk to you anymore as well at a guess.

At any point in the conversations did you happen to say anything that could be construed as meaning you were unwilling or unable to supply whatever they had asked for? That could be one explanation for the closure, that is at least simple to address.

But them asking for selfies with all your docs makes me think they might suspect you are a gnome account for someone else. Or not the person shown on your docs. If you are betting their max limits, or maybe have changed your betting style in recent times, it can make them look for that issue.

As Semibluff said above, it also can be as simple as your photos not being accepted by the electronic ID verify software for tiny reasons, like a finger covering an edge.

Hopefully that helps give you some clues about what might be up. It will be easier to fix if you can work that out usually.

Your next step is to email second_opinion@williamhill.co.uk and ask them to review what has been going on. Just tell them you don't understand what is going on and ask for help. As the best strategy to make sure you get a response. If they will not help you ask them how you can go about having IBAS review their decision. They should give you a code to use when submitting a dispute if needed at https://www.ibas-uk.com/
    Hi Optional,

Thanks for the advice.
    I don't think they could of misconstrued my intentions of being 110% cooperative over the past couple of months. I am in contact with second opinion as I read your advice on a previous thread, yet they have stopped replying after saying they will review the complaint. At what stage should I start to think about referring to IBAS.
    Thanks again for all your help,

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

How long has William Hill been a book that SBR posters can turn to for help? Recent? I now see them in the list of books, but hadn't looked in a long time. I assume these places pay some type of fee for the notice from this website. What about US based places; Fan Duel, DrafKing, etc etc. Are any of these places trying to sign up here or has SBR reached out to ask them.

Optional

Hi Optional,

Thanks for the advice.
    I don't think they could of misconstrued my intentions of being 110% cooperative over the past couple of months. I am in contact with second opinion as I read your advice on a previous thread, yet they have stopped replying after saying they will review the complaint. At what stage should I start to think about referring to IBAS.
    Thanks again for all your help,
    Now.

Ask them what you need to do to have IBAS mediate the issue first. Sometimes that seems to make them review what evidence they really have and just give in instead.

If they don't answer or don't give you a code to use, just submit it. IBAS will take a month or so to just get it started without the code though.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    How long has William Hill been a book that SBR posters can turn to for help? Recent? I now see them in the list of books, but hadn't looked in a long time. I assume these places pay some type of fee for the notice from this website. What about US based places; Fan Duel, DrafKing, etc etc. Are any of these places trying to sign up here or has SBR reached out to ask them.
    They spoke with us years ago, but won't deal directly with anyone but the player and IBAS these days. So best we can do is help guide people through the ADR process. Same situation with most big UK books now

Sometimes I email their Second Opinion team to offer info or support what the player is saying, but they won't tell me anything substantial.

oliveroconnor11
    oliveroconnor11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Now.

Ask them what you need to do to have IBAS mediate the issue first. Sometimes that seems to make them review what evidence they really have and just give in instead.

If they don't answer or don't give you a code to use, just submit it. IBAS will take a month or so to just get it started without the code though.
    Thanks Optional.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Solid thread.

Thanks Opti and let this be a stark reminder that there are a lot of non US posters and players at SBR and SBR is in business for them too.

LongBall52

"where there is smoke there is usually fire"...I've been finished with WH after reading at least 3 complaints. Feel very lucky to get my small funds out.
    Actually, I knew something wasn't right with this place well before Virginia allowed them to be one of the books here. The state of Delaware dropped them in favor of another place for their land based operation. They are very much like Virginia in that the state Lottery runs the show.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

yet another reason to go on-shore with legal outs

you will get your money when you get hot and WINNNNNnnnnnn

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    That's the first line from all the racebooks when there's a problem!!!

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    I wonder how the us market will change once sports books are regulated.

In other countries where sports books are now becoming 100% legal, the trend i see are shitty lines (about 5 cents off) but immediate, free, infinite bank withdrawals. The governments have forced sports books to do this. They argued (and they're right) that anything else puts the bettor at a disadvantage (duh) and the bettor has a right to bet and then withdrawal if he or she wants. Amen

I'll gladly pay 5 cents a bet for that...

Just this week I've had 6 withdrawals and no one gives a fuk Its my money dammit

Sorry to detail thread, hope you get your earnings...optional should help you out
    Betway are great, never an issue, bank withdrawal, no questions ask.

TAB New Zealand are brilliant also, bank withdrawal, and a couple of hours later its already been processed and in ya account.

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    GL getting your money. Nothing worse than having to go thru multiple hoops, multiple times
    Thats why I gave up on ladbrokes. Horrible experience.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post

That's the first line from all the racebooks when there's a problem!!!

It's literally the first line everywhere for any problem.

Tommy777
    Tommy777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Ich habe das gleiche Problem, William Hill hat mein Geld seit 1 Woche nicht ausgezahlt, sie sagten zuerst sie hätten angeblich technische Probleme, sie würden in einer Woche auszahlen und jetzt soll ich noch 1 Woche warten, weil sie angeblich technische Probleme mit haben Skrill! sie wollen auch keine andere Methode auszahlen! Ich habe das Gefühl, dass sie lügen und die Zahlung verzögern!

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

That's interesting, although they only accept my bets after review, they are the book in Illinois with easily the highest limits for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Such a disappointment, they could have had the run of the US market.

Biggest book with the lowest limits that there is. There is no one even close to their ratio.

First 12