KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Friday (6/11) NBA playoff discussion thread.

2 games. Philly@Atlanta (+1)total is 224.5 as well as Phoenix@Denver (-1.5) total in that game is 223. 76ers/Hawks line seems spot on, exactly what it should be. However I struggle to see how Denver is laying a basket to Phoenix after how Phoenix has absolutely dominated them for about 6 quarters straight.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

if 2020 taught us anything its wait til everyone counts the Nuggets out then bet them

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Denver much better with Will Barton back though his teammates didn't show up.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3317

Favor DEN minus the small # tonight.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Can someone tell me why Atlanta isn't favored at home tonight? They were a very good home team later in the season even at limited capacity. Full capacity tonight that place will be rocking and this series is all about runs. They should be able to have some huge runs at home. Can Embiid carry Philly all by himself? I just don't see the Hawks being intimidated. + money seem almost too good to be true. Tell me what I'm missing.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Can someone tell me why Atlanta isn't favored at home tonight? They were a very good home team later in the season even at limited capacity. Full capacity tonight that place will be rocking and this series is all about runs. They should be able to have some huge runs at home. Can Embiid carry Philly all by himself? I just don't see the Hawks being intimidated. + money seem almost too good to be true. Tell me what I'm missing.
    The odds makers have to respect the fact that 76ers are the number 1 seed. If it was regular season play I definitely think you see Atlanta as the favorite.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

76ers should win pretty easily

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    76ers should win pretty easily
    Solid reasoning right there, thanks.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Denver starters were awful outside of jokic last game. Don't see that happening again it might be similar to the bucks vs nets game last night.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 180

Don’t think u can go wrong taking home teams

then again I always wrong in nba

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Don’t think u can go wrong taking home teams

then again I always wrong in nba
    Home teams seem to be getting stronger now with full capacity. Not surprising.
    Points Awarded:

johnnyvegas13 gave d2bets 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SportBet305
    SportBet305's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Solid reasoning right there, thanks.
    😂😂😂

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I make a wide range of forecasts and the sharpest playoff forecast I have shows Philly beating Atlanta buy more than 4 points. As I tier down the forecasts Philly continues to have a few point to moneyline edge.

The non-predictive public gauge, which I create to gauge the sentiment of the general betting population, based on ratings, formulas, and an assessment of the news cycle, both local and broad (yeah, what we do in my office is pretty fukkin' sick) also has Philly winning 113-111.

Everyone has Philly nailed down, but it's the public gauge along with unsophisticated ratings and strategies that gives Atlanta more credit, this is evident across the spectrum. Think about that if you are assessing the game based on simple factors or even just feel alone.

When it comes to the market the books know the line is priced low and quite frankly are happy at this point to take in the bets on Philly here. That said, my scan across the market, something I talked about in the Morino WNBA thread, and other info tells us that another group in the New Jersey area or at least getting down there likes Atlanta and represents market moving money to those books in spite of the public pressure on Philly.

It's early and this situation is fluid but this gives yet another glimpse into how my office handicaps.

I have no bet at this time but if the volume continues to come in on the side it has and the books continure to hold the line, we will have Atlanta +1.5 on the contrarian Fund radar.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

what was philly......... -3.5 first game?

looked fishy and hawks won

now philly is -1 on the road?

looks fishy

probably philly win

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30352

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    what was philly......... -3.5 first game?

looked fishy and hawks won

now philly is -1 on the road?

looks fishy

probably philly win
    Difference is in Game 1 Embiid was questionable but sentiment was that he was not going to play

He is officially questionable again but this time sentiment is that he is almost certainly going to play