SorryImLate
    SorryImLate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

A poker thread

Hello everyone. Maybe the standard move in this situation would be to post on a poker forum, but seems like most of anyone who is anyone stays away. I respect this communities opinions even if it turns out to be the place for my issue.
    Have no issue revealing myself, and a few people who know of these characters might be able to identify me and that's fine just prefer to not be a target. I'm one of the very few who 'knows' of all this.

In 2008, Tom Dwan was far ahead in a 50k hand match with Patrik Antonious and never finished the match nor declared victory. There was a sidebet of TD laying 1.5m to 500k. There has been no issues since they stopped playing late in the match with TD up big. Assuming the obvious, they settled their score and most likely it was Patrik who no longer wanted the action and conceded the side bet money. PA has never addressed this publicly nor has there ever been a public issue with the match. Side action between outsiders likely, but no one ever questioned the result.

A year later Daniel Cates agreed to play the same format and the match became a spectacle in the HS community and drew tons of sidebets that TD and DC were well aware of. 3 of TD's personal friends(Peter Jetten, David Viffer Peat, and Justin Smith) were booking big action on TD which TD was well aware of. I had a % of DC direct with him and we were pretty close at the time. I had to fork over the same % of the 500k to DC to escrow with Phil Ivey. TD never escrowed with PI and may or may not be falling back on this idea that Full Tilt Poker, who he was a red pro with, (Salary + 100% rakeback) was responsible.

There was a 3 month period where TD appeared to be broke. $28,674.35 on $2/400 tables. He also claimed that I was helping DC. That wasn't true and DC was one of the best, nor did I spend any time in the tank with DC over a year of action. A few months went by and TD disappeared. DC get texts from TD saying he wants to give late penatly $. I confirm with DC that that would count towards %. DC loses a few bets with me and do not see him much in the 6 months.

Haseeb Qureshi had lived with DC for a year and they were close. I was staking HQ for online, a journey that could be broken into 4 parts. Losing, Losing 400k to a good pro under no supervision or stoploss, claim of getting trojaned on Cake poker, and then disappearing after losing a bet to me. 6 months later a HSNL group comes forward claiming they've been trojan horsed by HQ's 'student'. To avoid connection HQ used DC's PUA coach account to dump money to HQ's account. DC admits to playing on the account. HQ did not have $100k ton wire as he claimed as he had owed me 3x that in this same time period. The HSNL group backs off ITT after receiving big amounts from DC.

After realizing I was dealing with a criminal, someone who in fact hired a hitman to scare someone who owed him while this person was out to dinner with family in NYC, asked for my escrow and %. All of DC's money was in FTP which was locked from 2011-2014. He sold his entire account for a discount, spent all of his money on a house in LA 1616 Glen Rising in Hollywood. He would be staked by Paul Phua later same backer for TD. DC would blow smoke about TD not finishing, but they've already settled privately and not revealing anything more. Isaac Haxton and Justin Bonomo were supposed to be arbitrators from the beginning which both TD/DC agreed on. They have never been involved although JB has publicly stated he has a lot of money bet on JM.

At first DCs excuse was I have to sell this house. Now he's non-responsive and or can't pay. Last anyone has hear from him was him getting caught playing on a fishes account. Claims he's quitting poker

Seeking advice, any criticism of me is welcome.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

know when to fold em

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Know when to walk away

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Do you have a contract? If he hasn't filled a ch 7 you at least have a shot at future earnings....

But don't chase, you'll go broke.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24811

A few observations:

1) No surprise that TD went busto multiple times. Watch him play, how could he not? At a minimum, he's high-variance and bound to go on huge swings. I have been TD back at the tables! How is that possible...if he still owes?

2) Wait a minute. DC is a losing player? What happened to DC being an animal winning player? Goes to show that it can happen to anyone. How advanced and opponent-specific would the BEST poker player have to be?

3) Have u heard Bill Perkins' story when out w/ DC?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by SorryImLate View Post
    Hello everyone. Maybe the standard move in this situation would be to post on a poker forum, but seems like most of anyone who is anyone stays away. I respect this communities opinions even if it turns out to be the place for my issue.
    Have no issue revealing myself, and a few people who know of these characters might be able to identify me and that's fine just prefer to not be a target. I'm one of the very few who 'knows' of all this.

In 2008, Tom Dwan was far ahead in a 50k hand match with Patrik Antonious and never finished the match nor declared victory. There was a sidebet of TD laying 1.5m to 500k. There has been no issues since they stopped playing late in the match with TD up big. Assuming the obvious, they settled their score and most likely it was Patrik who no longer wanted the action and conceded the side bet money. PA has never addressed this publicly nor has there ever been a public issue with the match. Side action between outsiders likely, but no one ever questioned the result.

A year later Daniel Cates agreed to play the same format and the match became a spectacle in the HS community and drew tons of sidebets that TD and DC were well aware of. 3 of TD's personal friends(Peter Jetten, David Viffer Peat, and Justin Smith) were booking big action on TD which TD was well aware of. I had a % of DC direct with him and we were pretty close at the time. I had to fork over the same % of the 500k to DC to escrow with Phil Ivey. TD never escrowed with PI and may or may not be falling back on this idea that Full Tilt Poker, who he was a red pro with, (Salary + 100% rakeback) was responsible.

There was a 3 month period where TD appeared to be broke. $28,674.35 on $2/400 tables. He also claimed that I was helping DC. That wasn't true and DC was one of the best, nor did I spend any time in the tank with DC over a year of action. A few months went by and TD disappeared. DC get texts from TD saying he wants to give late penatly $. I confirm with DC that that would count towards %. DC loses a few bets with me and do not see him much in the 6 months.

Haseeb Qureshi had lived with DC for a year and they were close. I was staking HQ for online, a journey that could be broken into 4 parts. Losing, Losing 400k to a good pro under no supervision or stoploss, claim of getting trojaned on Cake poker, and then disappearing after losing a bet to me. 6 months later a HSNL group comes forward claiming they've been trojan horsed by HQ's 'student'. To avoid connection HQ used DC's PUA coach account to dump money to HQ's account. DC admits to playing on the account. HQ did not have $100k ton wire as he claimed as he had owed me 3x that in this same time period. The HSNL group backs off ITT after receiving big amounts from DC.

After realizing I was dealing with a criminal, someone who in fact hired a hitman to scare someone who owed him while this person was out to dinner with family in NYC, asked for my escrow and %. All of DC's money was in FTP which was locked from 2011-2014. He sold his entire account for a discount, spent all of his money on a house in LA 1616 Glen Rising in Hollywood. He would be staked by Paul Phua later same backer for TD. DC would blow smoke about TD not finishing, but they've already settled privately and not revealing anything more. Isaac Haxton and Justin Bonomo were supposed to be arbitrators from the beginning which both TD/DC agreed on. They have never been involved although JB has publicly stated he has a lot of money bet on JM.

At first DCs excuse was I have to sell this house. Now he's non-responsive and or can't pay. Last anyone has hear from him was him getting caught playing on a fishes account. Claims he's quitting poker

Seeking advice, any criticism of me is welcome.

Have you tried SBR poker?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

I think there's an alt right shithole that still cares about poker
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: unlearn

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15307

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I think there's an alt right shithole that still cares about poker
    8th tier obv
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    8th tier obv

exactly

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ryermkd View Post

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

milking cows 32 hours a day

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Interesting

But what do you want us to do?

You need a fukkin winner pal?

SorryImLate

dgaf about it all, can't lie

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

whats your net worth?

you must care a bit since you posted

IF TRUE, dont blame you

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

poker in the rear

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    poker in the rear

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

Honestly, you are better off just posting about it on 2+2 for this to be in the eyes of more people in the community. Without any signed contracts, you are going to have a hard time collecting. Good luck to you man. That sucks.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    poker in the rear
    liquor in the front

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    liquor in the front

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

know when to lay the pipe

SorryImLate

Can't figure out how to post pictures.
    Last edited by SorryImLate; 09-11-21 at 06:46 PM. Reason: pic

SorryImLate

?

Still can't
    Last edited by SorryImLate; 09-11-21 at 06:51 PM.

SorryImLate

Last edited by SorryImLate; 09-11-21 at 06:55 PM. Reason: WHATEVER