stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

It can stain your clothes though

Buena Onda
    Buena Onda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2098

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    So you went from 10,000 to 200... Sounds legit.

BTW - there's more gun violence by white people than black people but carry on with your black hate and deflecting the issues. You'll never, ever admit that we have too many fukkking guns because your afraid of black people.
    Everything you ever say from this point is absolutely meaningless after a statement like this.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please tell us how many times have we seen a black fan do that to a white or black athlete? It's most always a white guy doing something stupid to a black athlete. When have you seen a white guy doing that to a white athlete? I never thought of it as a race issue but come to think of it, it is always a white guy for damn sure and usually against a black athlete in just about all sports across the globe. maybe you should expand your mind a bit.
    Dumb comments. Since most fans are white, because most people are white, and most athletes are black, over 70 percent of the nfl and nba is black, of course you will see more white on black fan to player incidents, it means nothing.

Again, whites commit violent crimes at far lower rates than blacks, and it’s not close.

thomorino

Then it should be very easy for you to prove your point...

What is per capita participation rate?
    I’m not here to do research for you, I know the facts, and it’s not close.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Please tell us how many times have we seen a black fan do that to a white or black athlete? It's most always a white guy doing something stupid to a black athlete. When have you seen a white guy doing that to a white athlete? I never thought of it as a race issue but come to think of it, it is always a white guy for damn sure and usually against a black athlete in just about all sports across the globe. maybe you should expand your mind a bit.

Let's be fair

It's been well known that the brothers have been beating up on Luka

We all know why

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

So you went from 10,000 to 200... Sounds legit.
    I did no such thing, read more carefully.

You are short circuiting again and look like a fool

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    You just cut and pasted a definition of assault which is exactly what I already said it is, proving you wrong.

The possible victim has to have a reasonable belief of actual or imminent harm because of the action or actions that the perpetrator is engaging in.

Again, no one is physically threatened by Popcorn, popcorn can’t hurt people.
    See, I can at least cut and paste FACTS not fiction or not my opinion. You are giving your opinion on something you absolutely no nothing about.
    assaultandbattery.org

You can even be charged with simple assault without even hitting or striking the person. If you take a swing at someone or throw something, that can be assault. If you throw something very light, that wouldn’t cause any damage even if it hit them, like a wicker basket or a banana, that still counts.
    If you spit at someone or get hit them with any kind of fluid, that will be an assault charge also. Even if you miss, and there was no harm done!
    Or if you lose your temper, and throw something, you can be arrested for assault. Threats can also count as assault. If the other person claims you threatened violence, you can be arrested and charged.

------------------------------------

Pennsylvania Assault Laws

Simple Assault Laws and Penalties

A simple assault is typically one that doesn’t result in serious injury. In all actuality, it doesn’t have to result in any injury at all. You can be charged with simple assault without even touching someone—simply by putting them in fear that you would.
    Whether holding a weapon and threatening someone or almost hitting them with a car, you can face a simple assault charge.
    In most cases, simple assault is a misdemeanor 2 charge and carries up to 2 years in prison. If it involves a fight that both parties entered into mutually, called “mutual constent”, it is charged as a misdemeanor 3 and carries up to one year in prison.

Buena Onda
    Buena Onda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2098

Mac4Lyfe: Attorney, Pro Gambler, Social Justice Warrior, Race in American History Expert, Statistician. You'd think with all of these hats you wear you would be able to see gray areas in these situations, but people like you (and NO I DO NOT mean black people vs white people, it's not all about race w/ me) do not have the ability to see subtlety in any situation. You're the type of person that it would be IMPOSSIBLE to have any type of compromise with.

Mac4Lyfe

Dumb comments. Since most fans are white, because most people are white, and most athletes are black, over 70 percent of the nfl and nba is black, of course you will see more white on black fan to player incidents, it means nothing.

Again, whites commit violent crimes at far lower rates than blacks, and it’s not close.
    Hockey, baseball, Soccer, car racing, Rugby...

thomorino

See, I can at least cut and paste FACTS not fiction or not my opinion. You are giving your opinion on something you absolutely no nothing about.
    assaultandbattery.org

You can even be charged with simple assault without even hitting or striking the person. If you take a swing at someone or throw something, that can be assault. If you throw something very light, that wouldn’t cause any damage even if it hit them, like a wicker basket or a banana, that still counts.
    If you spit at someone or get hit them with any kind of fluid, that will be an assault charge also. Even if you miss, and there was no harm done!
    Or if you lose your temper, and throw something, you can be arrested for assault. Threats can also count as assault. If the other person claims you threatened violence, you can be arrested and charged.

------------------------------------

Pennsylvania Assault Laws

Simple Assault Laws and Penalties

A simple assault is typically one that doesn’t result in serious injury. In all actuality, it doesn’t have to result in any injury at all. You can be charged with simple assault without even touching someone—simply by putting them in fear that you would.
    Whether holding a weapon and threatening someone or almost hitting them with a car, you can face a simple assault charge.
    In most cases, simple assault is a misdemeanor 2 charge and carries up to 2 years in prison. If it involves a fight that both parties entered into mutually, called “mutual constent”, it is charged as a misdemeanor 3 and carries up to one year in prison.
    Again, what you posted proves my point. You either can’t read or aren’t reading what you are posting.

The possible victim has to have a reasonable belief that they can be harmed by the alleged perpetrators actions. Again, this is key. The victim has to have a reasonable belief that they are going to be imminently harmed.

No reasonable person would be threatened by popcorn, popcorn is not a weapon.

I will make a loser leaves the forum bet with you that the fan dumped popcorn on Westbrook won’t be charged with anything, including assault.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Wait....so he IS a lawyer

thomorino

Fans don’t have the same access to hockey players or baseball players, baseball players are usually ina dugout when not on the field during games and hockey players are also in protective gear.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I did no such thing, read more carefully.You are short circuiting again and look like a fool
    Meanwhile, since this happened there have been about 10,000 black on black and black on white assaults, robberies, rapes, and murders not to mention petty crimes across the country.
    I'm not short circuiting, I'm calling bullshit on your bullshit.

NC couple charged with assaulting each other with pizza rolls

NEWS
    by: FOX8 Digital Desk
    Posted: Jul 4, 2016 / 08:59 PM EDT / Updated: Jul 4, 2016 / 08:59 PM EDT

Samantha Brooke Canipe, 21, and Brad Scott Beard, 24, both of Gastonia

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
    GASTONIA, N.C. – A North Carolina couple faces charges after allegedly assaulting each other with pizza rolls, according to WJZY.
    Brad Scott Beard, 24, and Samantha Brooke Canipe, 21, were each charged on Monday with one count of misdemeanor simple assault.
    The suspects allegedly got into a fight at their Gastonia apartment and started throwing pizza rolls at each other. A motive in the incident remains uncertain.
    Beard faces 60 days in jail and Canipe faces 30 days in jail, according to WJZY.

dlowilly

I'm not short circuiting, I'm calling bullshit on your bullshit.

NC couple charged with assaulting each other with pizza rolls

NEWS
    by: FOX8 Digital Desk
    Posted: Jul 4, 2016 / 08:59 PM EDT / Updated: Jul 4, 2016 / 08:59 PM EDT

Samantha Brooke Canipe, 21, and Brad Scott Beard, 24, both of Gastonia

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
    GASTONIA, N.C. – A North Carolina couple faces charges after allegedly assaulting each other with pizza rolls, according to WJZY.
    Brad Scott Beard, 24, and Samantha Brooke Canipe, 21, were each charged on Monday with one count of misdemeanor simple assault.
    The suspects allegedly got into a fight at their Gastonia apartment and started throwing pizza rolls at each other. A motive in the incident remains uncertain.
    Beard faces 60 days in jail and Canipe faces 30 days in jail, according to WJZY.
    Full short circuit mode engaged

WTF

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Why is it ALWAYS some stupid white guy thinking they can do dumb shit to a black athlete???
    Exaggerate much???
    Even the loudest self proclaimed anti-racists can make lame race write-off comments eh!

Athletes should be kicked out of the game if they physically attack a fan for throwing popcorn.

Imagine what a judge would say if you tried to justify an assault as defending yourself against thrown popcorn? They'd laugh their head off at that excuse as they sentenced you.

Mac4Lyfe

Fans don’t have the same access to hockey players or baseball players, baseball players are usually ina dugout when not on the field during games and hockey players are also in protective gear.
    Huh? Hank Aaron is in the Guiness Book of world records for receiving the most fan mail received in one year by a private citizen. 1/3 of them were hate mail.
    Black high school baseball player says fans yelled 'You should have been George Floyd' and 'Get back to the fields'

Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia says black baseball players 'expect' racist taunts in Boston

Racist taunts at Fenway bring up Boston's ugly sports past

The city's hockey and basketball teams were pioneers in opening their arenas to black athletes. But ballplayers today say they still regularly experience racism when they come to town.

Red Sox on racist taunting at Fenway: ‘Take it from us, it happens’

"As an African American ballplayer in Minnesota, I never had any issues. But as soon as I stepped out of Minnesota, when I signed with the Cubs [in 2004], that's when all the racial issues were brought to light. I would get letters in the mail, overnight express, just to call me a n-----. Overnight-express hate mail. Somebody paid back then, I think it was $11.45, $11.15, to send me hate mail. After I got so many, the clubhouse guy started opening up mail for me.

"I kept one letter, calling me 'c--n.' That's just the one I picked that I read. I said to myself, 'I'm going keep this.' This person talked about my mother, my grandma, called us 'c--ns.' ... I could not believe how someone would dislike somebody to that extent, someone you don't even freaking know. Racists don't care what position you play."

Jason Heyward, MLB outfielder 2010 to present: "Recently, I've had to dig into my [minor league] experiences and share them with people. I played for the Atlanta Braves. I was drafted by my hometown team. Long story short, hometown team, drafted in the first round, and playing for the Rome Braves in Savannah, Georgia -- against the Mets, that was their minor league affiliate at the time -- and I was talking to Freddie Freeman after the game, and he had tears in his eyes. [He said], 'Jay, did you hear the stuff people were saying to you?' I said, 'Yeah, I heard it, bro.' And he replied, 'I've never seen that before.'

"And I'm talking about that I was playing for my hometown team in my own home state of Georgia, and we still have people yelling racial slurs, saying all the things that you can think of out there. It was definitely worse in the minors, but it still happened when I got to Atlanta. It happened at my home ballpark. And, obviously, it happened in other ballparks, as well."

Dusty Baker, MLB outfielder, 1968 to 1986, current Astros manager: "I was accused of making up stories about Chicago, about the hate mail that I got, the anthrax [threat], the letters that I got. The FBI coming into my office from the hate crimes division. I was accused of making that up to try to get sympathy. I was making nothing up. I was never afraid to speak up, but I always chose my words carefully. And while I was never afraid to speak up, a lot of guys were. If you spoke up, you knew you better be in a pretty good position where they can't get rid of you. You can't really blame players for not wanting to speak out because they're not in a secure situation.

Mac4Lyfe

Again, what you posted proves my point. You either can’t read or aren’t reading what you are posting.
    The possible victim has to have a reasonable belief that they can be harmed by the alleged perpetrators actions. Again, this is key. The victim has to have a reasonable belief that they are going to be imminently harmed.
    No reasonable person would be threatened by popcorn, popcorn is not a weapon.
    I will make a loser leaves the forum bet with you that the fan dumped popcorn on Westbrook won’t be charged with anything, including assault.
    Sorry but you are wrong. The possible victim doesn't even have to be aware of the possible assault. Let's say a fan had a baseball bat and tried to hit another fan or player in front of them. The other fan or player wasn't even aware that the fan was trying to hit them with the bat. That fan can still be arrested and charged with assault, even though the player didn't know what was going on. Anytime you do stupid shit towards another person, you put yourself in position to be arrested and possible charged with assault, even if it did no damage, the other person didn't know, etc. It is pretty stupid to try and do something with dozens of cameras on you.

I don't think he will be charged with anything as well. But if Westbrook wanted to press charges, he would most certainly be charged but it's not worth the time nor effort. If it was another fan and that guy had a lot of money, he'd most likely be charged and facing a lawsuit.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

The popcorn was white -HATE CRIME

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Pretty god damn simple to me... Nobody deserves anything thrown at them as they leave their place of employment. How many of you guys walk out of your jobs with someone throwing shit at you? Pretty stupid and I bet you would be pissed. The fan deserves to be BANNED and Westbrook is on the right side here.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Full short circuit mode engaged
    WTF
    You just said that someone could not be charged for throwing popcorn/food at someone because it could not do physically harm. These 2 people were both arrested and charged for throwing pizza rolls at each other.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Machba View Post
    Lebron will claim its racism .
    Was it caramel popcorn?

mjsuax13

Bro, I wouldn't even argue with these clowns. Imagine if Westbrook threw "popcorn" at the fan. Some of these fools would be going nuts about assault, animals, athletes should shut up and dribble, blah blah blah. I don't really care if ESPN is making it racial or not... The fan is a piece of shit. Try that shit on the streets. In Westbrook's contract I promise it doesn't say "and accept fans throwing shit on you, including popcorn."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    The popcorn was white -HATE CRIME
    Nope but the fans that perpetuate this shit are usually white. I remember the father and son that attacked the first base coach Gamboa. Chicago? White people...

dlowilly

Huh? Hank Aaron is in the Guiness Book of world records for receiving the most fan mail received in one year by a private citizen. 1/3 of them were hate mail.
    Black high school baseball player says fans yelled 'You should have been George Floyd' and 'Get back to the fields'

Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia says black baseball players 'expect' racist taunts in Boston

Racist taunts at Fenway bring up Boston's ugly sports past

The city's hockey and basketball teams were pioneers in opening their arenas to black athletes. But ballplayers today say they still regularly experience racism when they come to town.

Red Sox on racist taunting at Fenway: ‘Take it from us, it happens’

"As an African American ballplayer in Minnesota, I never had any issues. But as soon as I stepped out of Minnesota, when I signed with the Cubs [in 2004], that's when all the racial issues were brought to light. I would get letters in the mail, overnight express, just to call me a n-----. Overnight-express hate mail. Somebody paid back then, I think it was $11.45, $11.15, to send me hate mail. After I got so many, the clubhouse guy started opening up mail for me.

"I kept one letter, calling me 'c--n.' That's just the one I picked that I read. I said to myself, 'I'm going keep this.' This person talked about my mother, my grandma, called us 'c--ns.' ... I could not believe how someone would dislike somebody to that extent, someone you don't even freaking know. Racists don't care what position you play."

Jason Heyward, MLB outfielder 2010 to present: "Recently, I've had to dig into my [minor league] experiences and share them with people. I played for the Atlanta Braves. I was drafted by my hometown team. Long story short, hometown team, drafted in the first round, and playing for the Rome Braves in Savannah, Georgia -- against the Mets, that was their minor league affiliate at the time -- and I was talking to Freddie Freeman after the game, and he had tears in his eyes. [He said], 'Jay, did you hear the stuff people were saying to you?' I said, 'Yeah, I heard it, bro.' And he replied, 'I've never seen that before.'

"And I'm talking about that I was playing for my hometown team in my own home state of Georgia, and we still have people yelling racial slurs, saying all the things that you can think of out there. It was definitely worse in the minors, but it still happened when I got to Atlanta. It happened at my home ballpark. And, obviously, it happened in other ballparks, as well."

Dusty Baker, MLB outfielder, 1968 to 1986, current Astros manager: "I was accused of making up stories about Chicago, about the hate mail that I got, the anthrax [threat], the letters that I got. The FBI coming into my office from the hate crimes division. I was accused of making that up to try to get sympathy. I was making nothing up. I was never afraid to speak up, but I always chose my words carefully. And while I was never afraid to speak up, a lot of guys were. If you spoke up, you knew you better be in a pretty good position where they can't get rid of you. You can't really blame players for not wanting to speak out because they're not in a secure situation.

Just to summarize:

We saw months of violent, destructive behavior from BLMers and are still seeing it, on top of their already insanely disproportionate propensity for criminal behavior

And Mac4lyfe wants to focus on popcorn and hate mail

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Even the loudest self proclaimed anti-racists can make lame race write-off comments eh!

Athletes should be kicked out of the game if they physically attack a fan for throwing popcorn.

Imagine what a judge would say if you tried to justify an assault as defending yourself against thrown popcorn? They'd laugh their head off at that excuse as they sentenced you.
    it’s the principle moreso than the item’s ability to do harm the gesture moreso than intent. that being why should someone be throwing anything at someone else who didn’t do anything to them. besides when I think of popcorn I think of fingers and saliva. might as well be spitting on someone. just my take I’m the type othat gives a pass to anyone who reacts to someone effing with them when they were minding their business
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-27-21 at 12:31 PM.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Pretty god damn simple to me... Nobody deserves anything thrown at them as they leave their place of employment. How many of you guys walk out of your jobs with someone throwing shit at you? Pretty stupid and I bet you would be pissed. The fan deserves to be BANNED and Westbrook is on the right side here.
    You can throw popcorn AND a soda at me if you would like. But i want 43 Million which is what he makes yearly i think. So i would be taking more abuse because he only had popcorn thrown at him. Make the soda sugar free please. I am Diabetic.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    it’s the principle moreso than the item the gesture moreso than intent. that being why should someone be throwing anything at someone else who don’t d nothing that them. besides when I think of popcorn I think of fingers and saliva. just my take I’m the type othat gives a pass to anyone who reacts to someone effing with them when they were minding their business
    Fan was a dickhead and deserved to have his season tickets cancelled.

But he only disrespected Westbrook. No worse than flipping him the bird or yelling abuse at him. Not an assault. That's snowflake think.

Mac4Lyfe

Bro, I wouldn't even argue with these clowns. Imagine if Westbrook threw "popcorn" at the fan. Some of these fools would be going nuts about assault, animals, athletes should shut up and dribble, blah blah blah. I don't really care if ESPN is making it racial or not... The fan is a piece of shit. Try that shit on the streets. In Westbrook's contract I promise it doesn't say "and accept fans throwing shit on you, including popcorn."
    I'm not even trying to argue/debate with people that think just like that fan. Most of these guys would be cheering/egging that guy on. But I'm certainly calling out the bullshit. If an athlete spit on someone, he would be out of the league but he should take it because he's being paid by the fans and should be sub servant to them. Fukk that.

dlowilly

it’s the principle moreso than the item the gesture moreso than intent. that being why should someone be throwing anything at someone else who don’t d nothing that them. besides when I think of popcorn I think of fingers and saliva. might as well be spitting on someone. just my take I’m the type othat gives a pass to anyone who reacts to someone effing with them when they were minding their business
    Ok cool so to be clear you don't have a problem with these hyped up cases of cops reacting sometimes with deadly force to black criminals who instead of complying start effing with them when they're just doing their job?

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    You can throw popcorn AND a soda at me if you would like. But i want 43 Million which is what he makes yearly i think. So i would be taking more abuse because he only had popcorn thrown at him. Make the soda sugar free please. I am Diabetic.
    LOL. If you lose my bet with poor free throw shooting I’ll just fire some expletives at you.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Last edited by jtoler; 05-27-21 at 12:37 PM.

mjsuax13

I'm not even trying to argue/debate with people that think just like that fan. Most of these guys would be cheering/egging that guy on. But I'm certainly calling out the bullshit. If an athlete spit on someone, he would be out of the league but he should take it because he's being paid by the fans and should be sub servant to them. Fukk that.
    I agree pal. My clients pay me for my services, not to abuse me or my staff. I’ve fired clients for abusing my people.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Just to summarize:
    We saw months of violent, destructive behavior from BLMers and are still seeing it, on top of their already insanely disproportionate propensity for criminal behavior
    And Mac4lyfe wants to focus on popcorn and hate mail
    And I did not condone that behavior either.... This thread was about a fan throwing popcorn on an athlete. You immediately deflected to black on black, black on white, BLM crime??? Maybe you should start a thread about shit???

Optional

flipping a bird or cursing is no contact though different to me. I hated the way those guys acted in detroit way back though, they run from big ben but gladly fight a fan
    That's kind of what I was reacting to. People acting like popcorn touching him is somehow worse than say. tossing a banana at his feet and making monkey noises.

Both are ways to show disrespect. Not assault. Popcorn touching someone being viewed that way only diminishes how serious a real assault is.

captrobey

LOL. If you lose my bet with poor free throw shooting I’ll just fire some expletives at you.
    Lol Thats why the soda has to be sugar free. So i do not start shaking and miss the Free Throws. Also maybe throw a couple Hot dogs at me too in case the popcorn does not fill me up .

First 12345 ... Last