jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Close games

Nets in 6

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

I won't be betting the series, gun to my head I'd look at the Bucks just as a public fade, but will not play it

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Liked Nets to win the east haven't seen anything to make me change my mind.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Bucks GREAT play at that price. Nets are a streetball team that will never win a championship without playing defense and Milwaukee is not Boston.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Same story everytime with bucks. Giannis can’t hit threes, Giannis can’t hit free throws. The good teams exploit that and the series is over.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

This is what the books do, they find the right price to generate bets from both sides.

Nets all the way.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Bucks for me.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 234

Nets in 5

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Same story everytime with bucks. Giannis can’t hit threes, Giannis can’t hit free throws. The good teams exploit that and the series is over.
    Bigger key is Bucks can play defense when they choose to, Nets can't (or refuse to lol).

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Bucks for me.
    Don’t do it

gianooo is terrible

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

I favor Bucks early in the series as I believe they are more prepared heading into the matchup. I expect Bucks to win at least one of the first 2 games. From there I will probably bet game to game. Bucks may need to go up 3-1 to win the series.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    I favor Bucks early in the series as I believe they are more prepared heading into the matchup. I expect Bucks to win at least one of the first 2 games. From there I will probably bet game to game. Bucks may need to go up 3-1 to win the series.
    unless big 3 get hurt should b no contest

I don’t really get all the bucks love

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    unless big 3 get hurt should b no contest

I don’t really get all the bucks love
    No contest as in a sweep? Because I didn't say Bucks win the series. I just think they are fairly likely to steal one of the first 2 games.

The Bucks love is from them clicking and playing better than previous years with the massive upgrade that is Jrue Holiday who you can put on Kyrie or Harden, still have Middelton for the other, and PJ Tucker/Giannis for KD. No other team can throw that many good/great defenders on the BKN big 3. And offensively, Nets have no answer for Giannis. Not saying Bucks win the series, but it's pretty clear why they are getting the respect. This isn't the previous years Bucks with trash Bledsoe at PG who you didn't even need to guard. Going from Bledsoe to a player who didn't get you killed would be a sizeable upgrade. Going from Bledsoe to one of the best two-way guards in Jrue Holiday is one of the biggest upgrades that any team made (Harden and Paul are two that stand out as bigger upgrades), that completely changes the dynamic of this Bucks team.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

You still betting on Giannis though if you go with the bucks. He was 1 for 16 from three against the heat. They swept them so nobody cares about him shooting horribly but your weaknesses will always get exposed. Maybe the nets defense is so horrible that it doesn’t matter

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Bucks GREAT play at that price. Nets are a streetball team that will never win a championship without playing defense and Milwaukee is not Boston.
    It's+190 now

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    It's+190 now
    Even better lol

I haven't made series/future bets in a while preferring to just bet game by game, but if I still was Milwaukee would be the only option at the odds.

Goat Milk

A streetball team that has 2 of the best scorers in NBA history?

It's hard to ignore when a big 3 averages almost 90 ppg in an NBA series.

Nets are the superior team, plain and simple.

This should be a good series but lets not forget who are gonna get better shots with 5 left in the 4th. Middleton's fadeaway jumpers or Harden, Kyrie, and KD? One guy goes cold? No problem.

Giannis goes cold? Goodnight.

Goat Milk

If you watch Brooklyn play, they get a good shot on almost every possession. It's scary to watch. Sure, defense matters, but it doesn't matter when you can score 130 points a night consistently in a playoff game. No one else can do that.

Bucks also love to pack in the paint and give up 3 balls. They are one of the worst teams in the NBA at guarding the 3 point line. This is not the team you want shooting 3s because they will bury you and the game will be over before you know it.

But if the Nets are gonna win a championship, they're gonna have to go through some wars. They have yet to be tested. Lebron and Wade and Bosh survived a few scares on the way to their first finals appearance. I remember lots of ppl on SBR knee jerk reacting during that run too, saying James would never win a ring.

ThanksForTheFade
    ThanksForTheFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1864

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    If you watch Brooklyn play, they get a good shot on almost every possession. It's scary to watch. Sure, defense matters, but it doesn't matter when you can score 130 points a night consistently in a playoff game. No one else can do that.

Bucks also love to pack in the paint and give up 3 balls. They are one of the worst teams in the NBA at guarding the 3 point line. This is not the team you want shooting 3s because they will bury you and the game will be over before you know it.

But if the Nets are gonna win a championship, they're gonna have to go through some wars. They have yet to be tested. Lebron and Wade and Bosh survived a few scares on the way to their first finals appearance. I remember lots of ppl on SBR knee jerk reacting during that run too, saying James would never win a ring.
    Bucks and bos without Kemba/brown are very likely 2 tiers different in skill. It's also pretty scary that bucks are only +4 in g1

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nets so hard to stop

Goat correction

3 of the greatest scorers of all time, Nets might foul everyone out

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Bigger key is Bucks can play defense when they choose to, Nets can't (or refuse to lol).
    They don’t refuse to they just don’t need to all the time because they can literally score at will

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Bucks or nothing

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    They don’t refuse to they just don’t need to all the time because they can literally score at will
    That is exactly my point, that style of play does NOT fly in playoffs. No team as EVER won an NBA Championship that was as bad defensively as the Nets have been this season. And they won't "score at will" vs. better defenses.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Honestly, +155 seems way low. Do the Bucks have > 35% chance to win this series. I don't think so.

Really think one of the Net top3 would have to get injured in Game 1 and miss rest of series. As a Buck fan, Giannis hasn't shown to be a playoff player. If the Nets have one or two defenders that have a good scouting rpt on him, G will be neutralized.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Honestly, +155 seems way low. Do the Bucks have > 35% chance to win this series. I don't think so.

Really think one of the Net top3 would have to get injured in Game 1 and miss rest of series. As a Buck fan, Giannis hasn't shown to be a playoff player. If the Nets have one or two defenders that have a good scouting rpt on him, G will be neutralized.
    spot on chuck

Goat Milk

That is exactly my point, that style of play does NOT fly in playoffs. No team as EVER won an NBA Championship that was as bad defensively as the Nets have been this season. And they won't "score at will" vs. better defenses.
    Your nets season stats are irrelevant. The big 3 played like 4 games together this year. None of those stats hold any significance at all. The NBA is not a plug in league. You're talking about 3 of the best players of this entire generation. You can't just extrapolate data to account for that.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

I think referees will favour the Bucks here. Doesn't mean they win but I like their chances relative to the odds

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Forgetting about the superstars for a second, Net's still have home court, Joe Harris led the league in 3 Pt.% 2 of the last 3 years & Jeff Green will be back by game 3 while DiVincenzo is out for the playoffs. LBH anyone here taking the Bucks is just doing it to be contrarian or they hate the Nets. If you were told you would get a $1B tax free DD to your bank account to get this right, nobody is picking MIL.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Your nets season stats are irrelevant. The big 3 played like 4 games together this year. None of those stats hold any significance at all. The NBA is not a plug in league. You're talking about 3 of the best players of this entire generation. You can't just extrapolate data to account for that.
    NOTHING you said addressed the fact that the Nets play no defense, and THAT is why they are overrated on the futures.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Forgetting about the superstars for a second, Net's still have home court, Joe Harris led the league in 3 Pt.% 2 of the last 3 years & Jeff Green will be back by game 3 while DiVincenzo is out for the playoffs. LBH anyone here taking the Bucks is just doing it to be contrarian or they hate the Nets. If you were told you would get a $1B tax free DD to your bank account to get this right, nobody is picking MIL.
    Totally false, I am not "just being contrarian" when I say I like Bucks to win this series. As great as Brooklyn's offense is, Milwaukee is not chopped liver offensively either while I think there is a bigger gap in the defenses. If not for the Nets having home court, I would have actually made the Bucks the favorites. But while the Nets deserve to be favored with home court, they should not be favored by THIS much.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

Brooklyn not a good rebounding team and their interior presence is weak without Jeff Green

LT Profits

Guys in this thread are forgetting the three most important words in all of sports: DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Goat Milk

NOTHING you said addressed the fact that the Nets play no defense, and THAT is why they are overrated on the futures.
    I'm just reacting to your post that said Nets have been terrible defensively this season, when in fact they basically played a D league roster for 70% of the year. So I don't really see how we can assess their defense.

We all saw what Damian Lillard did last night. 55 points on 24 shots. There's 1 player on the Blazers who can do that. There are 3 players on the Nets who can do that. They're not as clutch as my guy Dame Dollar, but they stlll have the best player in the world. Been saying KD is the best in the world for years now. He's as automatic as they come.

Anyway this should be a good series. Just don't underestimate the value of having 3 perennial closers on a team. That's never happened before in NBA history to my knowledge. So like. you say a bad defensive team like the Nets has never won a ring in history, history also has never seen this put together.

The main concern here is that are they gonna have chemistry issues when the grind gets tough, and maybe they go down in a series. We shall see.

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Totally false, I am not "just being contrarian" when I say I like Bucks to win this series. As great as Brooklyn's offense is, Milwaukee is not chopped liver offensively either while I think there is a bigger gap in the defenses. If not for the Nets having home court, I would have actually made the Bucks the favorites. But while the Nets deserve to be favored with home court, they should not be favored by THIS much.
    Cool story bro. If you're so confident LT, post your ticket kind of like this..

123 Last