lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    He’s not even top 10.
    Come on now. Of course he is. I hate his guts because he is intentionally acting uninformed. He is easily top ten.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

he is a very polarizing player because he speaks on political issues, I get it. There has been some serious allegations in this thread and I would like to see the evidence. for instance, one poster said he advocate beating cops? can you point me to an article from a reputable source and not an opinion piece. Im not here to defend everything the man does or refute all your allegations. we all see life from different lenses. I hope here at sbr we get to understand each other more through our differences. I will make another post when his team wins the NBA title this year. If he stays healthy I don't think its a question Tbh.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    he is a very polarizing player because he speaks on political issues, I get it. There has been some serious allegations in this thread and I would like to see the evidence. for instance, one poster said he advocate beating cops? can you point me to an article from a reputable source and not an opinion piece. Im not here to defend everything the man does or refute all your allegations. we all see life from different lenses. I hope here at sbr we get to understand each other more through our differences. I will make another post when his team wins the NBA title this year. If he stays healthy I don't think its a question Tbh.
    I think they're referring to that Tweet which identified the (justified) white cop who shot dead the black teen while she was literally stabbing another woman.

James titled his Tweet "You're Next" in reference to the recent Chauvin trial verdict. It sparked a lot of hate, on both sides, and that officer had to take leave due to threats, which Lebron didn't condem...instead he simply deleted the Tweet.

He has never literally incited violence against anyone, but one can infere from the Tweet his motives were not peaceful.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

The killing he was upset about was more than justified. He tweeted “I’m so damn tired of seeing black people killed by police” Ignoring the fact that blacks kill each other daily over the color of a bandana but he doesn’t say one word. When an innocent black child dies in a drive by shooting has he ever tweeted or made one statement? Girl was wielding a knife at another person, if she would of stabbed and killed another black person and been taken into custody unharmed would we hear a single word from his UNEDUCATED mouth/social media accounts? Nope. These athletes spent all their lives working on their craft and good for them, they don’t know shit about real life as they literally sheltered themselves from it. LeBron especially. Guy had an 80 million dollar Nike contract when h was 18, anything he ever knew about poverty or the streets is long forgotten regardless of wha that angry black activist says.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Black People 1 - Trumpists 0

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Black People 1 - Trumpists 0 ...

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Come on now. Of course he is. I hate his guts because he is intentionally acting uninformed. He is easily top ten.
    Navyboy opinion on everything should be immediately dismissed for his Lebron assessment. I can’t stand Brady but recognize he’s the best to ever play. Because I’m not a fan, I don’t deny his greatness.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Like his ego. ALL ELITE ATHLETES HAVE EGOS... ALL. Sports Illustrated started calling him "The Chosen One". That morphed into other unworldly claims.
    I have trouble with a self proclaimed 'King James'
    Come on dude, get over yourself, you aren't a king.
    A local Akron reporter started calling him King...
    The pregame powder ritual.
    Doesn't help his game, it's not necessary, it's stupid, and he's not promoting Johnson and Johnson baby powder either.
    It's just a 'hey, look at me" show. And the cameramen show it because the producers direct the cameramen to show it to us who don't really want to see it.
    HHH spitting water in the WWE as a pre match ritual, pretty cool, NBA is not the WWE
    (actually it is, the only difference is the WWE admits it's shit is rigged, NBA pretends the games are real)

It's a pregame ritual that he did to hype up the fans. I've been to Cav's games and the crowd couldn't wait for that moment. Fans would also throw up chalk and confetti at the same time. It was very cool. Stop being the old man, get off my lawn. Every team has some type of hype ritual before the game. Is it a bit selfish to do it by yourself and not the team? Sure, but it is all in fun.
    He's not as clutch as you think he is.
    It seems to me he bricks a free throw late in a close game.
    His free throws have always been an issue...
    I can go on and on.
    He quit on Cleveland, he's a flopper. he cries over non fouls way too often.
    "The Decision" was aa disgusting display of self promotion.

Yes, the Decision sucked as a Cleveland fan. One of the worst events in sports history.
    Jordan Crawford dunked on his shit and James ordered Nike to lose that videotape because of embarrassment.

If you play in the NBA long enough, you are going to get dunked on. It comes with the territory.
    He's the king of back handed compliments.....

By the way Pippen was the selfish one on that Bulls teams, no Jordan.
    Jordan has more walk off buzzer beaters than James and Lebron has played in what? a million more games.

I'm not saying James is evil, he's not Hitler, he has redeeming qualities.
    There's just way too much there to dislike.

James is a shit stirrer just like Trump. I don't really care for either's political views but at least James can play basketball.
    And it has nothing to do with skin color, don't even call me out on that.
    Nasher - I hear you but love him or hate him, everyone wishes he was on their team.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I think they're referring to that Tweet which identified the (justified) white cop who shot dead the black teen while she was literally stabbing another woman.

James titled his Tweet "You're Next" in reference to the recent Chauvin trial verdict. It sparked a lot of hate, on both sides, and that officer had to take leave due to threats, which Lebron didn't condem...instead he simply deleted the Tweet.

He has never literally incited violence against anyone, but one can infere from the Tweet his motives were not peaceful.
    Come on Minny - James was obviously upset but uninformed. One of his boys probably told him did he see the cop shoot a young girl. Which is why he deleted the tweet later. James specifically came out that day and said that he NEVER condones violence. Never. Of course he should have waited to hit send but that's this generation. Too much in a hurry to post shit before knowing the entire story.

Mac4Lyfe

Evidence?? You won't ever get that with the cult Trump clan here. They're still crying about Trump getting his ass kicked because they can't conceive that millions of people hated their God. They're still believing the Trump big lie, because they can't face the truth.

wikkidinsane

Oh ok. in that case, I do remember that and he retracted his statement that the cop was in the wrong.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-warr...213504362.html

oh wow ratings through the roof!!!

thanks king James!!!
    facts.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    wikki the new king of all blacks, hes takin over men
    Howard stern reference ? lol I had that title here before. I don't want it anymore.

Mac4Lyfe

^^^ Trumptards don't like facts and they definitely don't like the NBA doing well. Straight up jealousy.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Mac4Lyfe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy

facts.
    Pacers vs hornets ratings?

vitterd

Well of course those aren’t gonna be good or near a Lebron curry game.

Mac4Lyfe

NBA TV ratings to dissect: TNT reports that Celtics/Wizards averaged 2.5 million viewers, topping any regular-season TNT telecast post-Opening Night. Pacers/Hornets, despite an early start and a blowout score, averaged 1.4 million.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Nasher - I hear you but love him or hate him, everyone wishes he was on their team.
    For sure.

I was never a big fan of Jeter the person either but he can sure as hell play SS for my team anytime he wants.

Here's the thing about James, he's an all time great no denying but he has a hard time being 'the man' which is why I think he bolted Cleveland the first time.

Leonard is pretty much like that too.
    Cowherd made a good point the other day about Leonard, he was like "great player for sure, but Leonard doesn't want to be the man, but he's the best at 'get a stop, and get a bucket'

I thought about that for a second, Cowherd's right.
    I don't always see eye to eye with Cowherd, some think he's a clown, I think he's the best in the business.

Not for nothing Cowherd thinks Lebron is the second coming of Swiss Cheese.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Winning

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Well of course those aren’t gonna be good or near a Lebron curry game.
    Obviously so why are people making a big deal out of the Lakers game? That was an obvious game with interest. The league has more then two teams. The majority of the teams in the league draw no interest whatsoever.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    NBA TV ratings to dissect: TNT reports that Celtics/Wizards averaged 2.5 million viewers, topping any regular-season TNT telecast post-Opening Night. Pacers/Hornets, despite an early start and a blowout score, averaged 1.4 million.
    Give the NBA marketing people all the credit for the ratings.
    They are doing a terrific job of promoting their product these days.

MLB is having a career year overall, MLB has amazing kids they can market to the stratosphere, MLB has pitchers this year pitching out of their shoes, Ohtani is doing things never ever been done before in any sport yet nobody outside of us MLB fanatics know about it because as usual MLB's marketing and promotions people are clueless. As usual.

Me and a select group of four of my buddies can market MLB to the moon.
    We know what needs to be done.
    Very frustrating .

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

James shoots a ton of game ending shots so he has to hit some

Best of luck

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Give the NBA marketing people all the credit for the ratings.
    They are doing a terrific job of promoting their product these days.

MLB is having a career year overall, MLB has amazing kids they can market to the stratosphere, MLB has pitchers this year pitching out of their shoes, Ohtani is doing things never ever been done before in any sport yet nobody outside of us MLB fanatics know about it because as usual MLB's marketing and promotions people are clueless. As usual.

Me and a select group of four of my buddies can market MLB to the moon.
    We know what needs to be done.
    Very frustrating .
    Regular season baseball is impossible to market no matter what is going on. It's the one sport that is mostly a playoff sport for viewing purposes. It's a generally boring game.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Baseball very regional/ local sport w fan base. Outside of NYY & LAD very little cross marketing.

Much like NHL

NBA & NFL are truly national marketing machines and while the NFL viewership has slightly dropped,, the NBA has been decimated.

The difference? The NFL blacklisted Kap and made the players stand or stay in locker room...keeping it off TV. The NBA painted the message on the court, the jerseys and shoved it in our faces.

It was so bad they literally got blacked out in China...

Mac4Lyfe

Baseball very regional/ local sport w fan base. Outside of NYY & LAD very little cross marketing.
    Much like NHL
    NBA & NFL are truly national marketing machines and while the NFL viewership has slightly dropped,, the NBA has been decimated.

The difference? The NFL blacklisted Kap and made the players stand or stay in locker room...keeping it off TV. The NBA painted the message on the court, the jerseys and shoved it in our faces.

It was so bad they literally got blacked out in China...
    I don't think that was the difference. Basketball, like baseball has too many games, many of them meaningless. Do you really care if your team loses a Tuesday night back to back in December in bum fuk egypt? It really only caters to the fans that can buy a ticket most nights. I don't schedule basketball or baseball games in my calendar because I don't really care if I watch it or not. If it's on, I'll watch but I don't plan on it. I know I'm going to watch my Browns on Sunday football. I don't even have to schedule that either but I know I'm going to watch because it's only once a week. The NBA and baseball would get much larger views and attendance if they only had one game per week.

China blacked out the NBA because of a tweet from Morey. They don't give a shit about BLM or anything happening in US politics.

The NFL did not make players stand. They knelt and some people got triggered. The kneeling, BLM messages posted in the end zone, what have you has not killed the sports product. People are still going to watch sports. I never watched a pregame NFL. I have no clue what happens before a game. I don't care. Only time I catch an anthem, maybe is before the super bowl and I haven't seen one of them in years.

vitterd

Obviously so why are people making a big deal out of the Lakers game? That was an obvious game with interest. The league has more then two teams. The majority of the teams in the league draw no interest whatsoever.
    A bunch of people are saying that people aren’t watching the nba because of Lebron.....when in fact, that’s when people are tuning in. I didn’t turn on the other play in games.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Does anyone really listen to skip bayless? He’s the biggest clown show going.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Leflop was the #1 trending item today after LeBron’s flop in the 4th quarter.

First 1234