stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    LeBron wants to know who did it

I would have loved to see the Event Staff react slowly. Would have loved to see Russ destroy the guy.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

PS, why waste the popcorn?

Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3124

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I would have loved to see the Event Staff react slowly. Would have loved to see Russ destroy the guy.
    even with injury russ would of whipped his ass

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by chuckythegoat View Post
    ps, why waste the popcorn?
    this

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Good suggestion by Charles Barkley

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Westbrook isn’t beating anyone’s ass. Even the 5’7 white dude who was ejected

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I could be wrong

But judging by this incident and the fact that phillybetslips and vitterd are from there you have to assume Philadelphia is just very low class

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Professional sports players work for we the ppl.

Without fans, athletes, management, ownership, teams, and sports in general, are nothing and probably don't even exist.

So shut your mouth, take your medicine, and get ready to play the next game because that's what we pay your azz for.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28933

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

Apparently the fan was a season ticket holder. The Sixers are saying the season tickets have been revoked and he has been banned from Wells Fargo.

dlowilly

This is a travesty and an indication of the huge problem of systemic racism

Meanwhile, since this happened there have been about 10,000 black on black and black on white assaults, robberies, rapes, and murders not to mention petty crimes across the country.

A popcorn shower on a bazillionare athlete is the big story though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Love violence with fans

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Professional sports players work for we the ppl.Without fans, athletes, management, ownership, teams, and sports in general, are nothing and probably don't even exist.So shut your mouth, take your medicine, and get ready to play the next game because that's what we pay your azz for.
    How much did you pay for the popcorn??
    Quote Originally Posted by Machba View Post
    Lebron will claim its racism .
    Why is it ALWAYS some stupid white guy thinking they can do dumb shit to a black athlete??? Why do guys think spitting or throwing shit at someone is funny? What motivates someone to say, hey, I'm going to spit on this guy for shits and giggles? Too many mentally ill people in the US.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    This is a travesty and an indication of the huge problem of systemic racism
    Meanwhile, since this happened there have been about 10,000 black on black and black on white assaults, robberies, rapes, and murders not to mention petty crimes across the country.
    A popcorn shower on a bazillionare athlete is the big story though.
    Exaggerate much??? You are trying to deflect 2 dumb fans disrespecting players with nationwide Murders, robberies, and rapes? Why don't you report on gun violence? Please help curb all the damn shooting massacres in the last week??? None of which were by blacks???

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Exaggerate much??? You are trying to deflect 2 dumb fans disrespecting players with nationwide Murders, robberies, and rapes? Why don't you report on gun violence? Please help curb all the damn shooting massacres in the last week??? None of which were by blacks???
    Lol you don’t think there have been an average of 200 of those crimes i listed committed by blacks per state since that game last night?

You feel that Mac? That’s you beginning to short circuit and post nonsense. I’m not deflecting anything. This is a big story while actual serious crimes are committed by mostly blacks but rarely get acknowledged.

Btw, there could be a dozen white mass shooters a day and they still wouldn’t take the lead from black gun violence.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

This story is stupid, popcorn is nothing. Westbrook wants to talk about and have the media focus on this so they don’t talk about how horrible he has been in the series. He can’t shoot and with embiid in paint. Westbrook is just using this story to distract.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Lol you don’t think there have been an average of 200 of those crimes i listed committed by blacks per state since that game last night?

You feel that Mac? That’s you beginning to short circuit and post nonsense. I’m not deflecting anything. This is a big story while actual serious crimes are committed by mostly blacks but rarely get acknowledged.

Btw, there could be a dozen white mass shooters a day and they still wouldn’t take the lead from black gun violence.
    So you went from 10,000 to 200... Sounds legit.

BTW - there's more gun violence by white people than black people but carry on with your black hate and deflecting the issues. You'll never, ever admit that we have too many fukkking guns because your afraid of black people.

thomorino

So you went from 10,000 to 200... Sounds legit.

BTW - there's more gun violence by white people than black people but carry on with your black hate and deflecting the issues. You'll never, ever admit that we have too many fukkking guns because your afraid of black people.
    If you look at the numbers the facts are clear. The rate at which blacks commit violent crimes including murder against both white and blacks, the rate far exceeds the level of violence the white community engages in, including gun violence, and it’s not close.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    This story is stupid, popcorn is nothing. Westbrook wants to talk about and have the media focus on this so they don’t talk about how horrible he has been in the series. He can’t shoot and with embiid in paint. Westbrook is just using this story to distract.
    Couldn't you say a slap on the cheek is nothing as well? How about spitting on someone? It's disrespect and a physical assault. In most cities that is at least a misdemeanor. The guy should have been arrested, mug shot posted for everyone to see.

thomorino

Couldn't you say a slap on the cheek is nothing as well? How about spitting on someone? It's disrespect and a physical assault. In most cities that is at least a misdemeanor. The guy should have been arrested, mug shot posted for everyone to see.
    No if someone you don’t know tries to hurt you that’s different, that is an assault. Popcorn doesn’t stain or ruin jerseys or hurt people.

Athletes making 40 million a year in the middle of a pandemic complaining about popcorn are tone deaf.

thomorino

The legal definition of an assault is trying to inflict bodliy harm. Popcorn never hurt anyone and while what the fan did was dumb they will not be charged so the any crime.

Mac4Lyfe

If you look at the numbers the facts are clear. The rate at which blacks commit violent crimes including murder against both white and blacks, the rate far exceeds the level of violence the white community engages in, including gun violence, and it’s not close.
    Sorry but white people kill white people at a much, much larger rate than black people kill white people. Also, white people commit more violent crime than blacks too. Take away the black gang bangers killing each other at the tune of 6,000 a year and very few blacks kill each other. I've shown the FBI statistics ad nauseum on this site. Prove me wrong with your facts.

thomorino

ESPN is trying to make the popcorn incident a race issue now, this so why I can’t watch this ration for that long. Too much left wing propaganda.

thomorino

Sorry but white people kill white people at a much, much larger rate than black people kill white people. Also, white people commit more violent crime than blacks too. Take away the black gang bangers killing each other at the tune of 6,000 a year and very few blacks kill each other. I've shown the FBI statistics ad nauseum on this site. Prove me wrong with your facts.
    I know the facts, the per capita participation rate in violent crime in the black community far exceeds violent crimes committed by any other demographic in the United States, and it’s not close.

stevek173

That'd be funny if we all met Morono in person and threw popcorn on him

Mac4Lyfe

The legal definition of an assault is trying to inflict bodliy harm. Popcorn never hurt anyone and while what the fan did was dumb they will not be charged so the any crime.
    Wrong... You do not have to try or actually inflict bodily harm. Any act that causes another person to think they are about to be harmed is assault and also battery even without striking someone. Emotional harm is a form of assault as well. Westbrook immediately reacted to the fans action. He obviously thought he was going to be hurt or was hurt either emotionally or physically. If Westbrook didn't know someone threw popcorn on him and went straight to the locker room, you may argue it wasn't an assault but not once he reacted all bets are off. Spitting on someone never physically hurt someone either (I don't know of any case where someone caught a disease from someone spitting on them) but it is also an assault. You are physically threatening someone in their space. lock his ass up.

What Is Assault?

Assault is sometimes defined as any intentional act that causes another person to fear that she is about to suffer physical harm. This definition recognizes that placing another person in fear of imminent bodily harm is itself an act deserving of punishment, even if the victim of the assault is not physically harmed. This definition also allows police officers to intervene and make an arrest without waiting for the assaulter to actually strike the victim.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    That'd be funny if we all met Morono in person and threw popcorn on him

You are a dumb shit.

Mac4Lyfe

ESPN is trying to make the popcorn incident a race issue now, this so why I can’t watch this ration for that long. Too much left wing propaganda.
    Please tell us how many times have we seen a black fan do that to a white or black athlete? It's most always a white guy doing something stupid to a black athlete. When have you seen a white guy doing that to a white athlete? I never thought of it as a race issue but come to think of it, it is always a white guy for damn sure and usually against a black athlete in just about all sports across the globe. maybe you should expand your mind a bit.

thomorino

Wrong... You do not have to try or actually inflict bodily harm. Any act that causes another person to think they are about to be harmed is assault and also battery even without striking someone. Emotional harm is a form of assault as well. Westbrook immediately reacted to the fans action. He obviously thought he was going to be hurt or was hurt either emotionally or physically. If Westbrook didn't know someone threw popcorn on him and went straight to the locker room, you may argue it wasn't an assault but not once he reacted all bets are off. Spitting on someone never physically hurt someone either (I don't know of any case where someone caught a disease from someone spitting on them) but it is also an assault. You are physically threatening someone in their space. lock his ass up.

What Is Assault?

Assault is sometimes defined as any intentional act that causes another person to fear that she is about to suffer physical harm. This definition recognizes that placing another person in fear of imminent bodily harm is itself an act deserving of punishment, even if the victim of the assault is not physically harmed. This definition also allows police officers to intervene and make an arrest without waiting for the assaulter to actually strike the victim.
    You just cut and pasted a definition of assault which is exactly what I already said it is, proving you wrong.

The possible victim has to have a reasonable belief of actual or imminent harm because of the action or actions that the perpetrator is engaging in.

Again, no one is physically threatened by Popcorn, popcorn can’t hurt people.

Mac4Lyfe

I know the facts, the per capita participation rate in violent crime in the black community far exceeds violent crimes committed by any other demographic in the United States, and it’s not close.
    Then it should be very easy for you to prove your point...

What is per capita participation rate?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

How much did you pay for the popcorn??

Why is it ALWAYS some stupid white guy thinking they can do dumb shit to a black athlete??? Why do guys think spitting or throwing shit at someone is funny? What motivates someone to say, hey, I'm going to spit on this guy for shits and giggles? Too many mentally ill people in the US.

To he honest I actually like Westbrook

What I don't like is him saying if someone did that to him on the street he'd handle them, underestimating ppl that might deliver a beatdown to him.

I know you weren't responding to me about the ppl doing stupid stuff to athletes, but you have to take into account that 90% of ticket holders are Caucasian, which would answer the question.

1234 ... Last