Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Should Books Reimburse Bitcoin Fees As They Did With P2P Deposits? 💱

It used to be the norm for books to reimburse customer fees when depositing via Wunion & Mgram.

Should they start doing the same with coinbase deposits?
    Or at least a half?

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

With Bitcoin dropping 10% over 24 hours, there's no way I'd use it to post up right now. Impossible to win with 10% Bitcoin loss and 5% juice.

Hman

Point being....

We're already up against it as it is trying to win.

But to FIRST have to try to win our deposit fees back is frustrating for most I'm sure.

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Point being....

We're already up against it as it is trying to win.

But to FIRST have to try to win our deposit fees back is frustrating for most I'm sure.
    Completely agree. Can't hurt to ask a book about possible fee reimbursement before depositing. Not sure how many will accept.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13767

Bookmaker/JustBet already do this. I think another one does too, can't remember if it's Heritage, maybe?

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Bookmaker/JustBet already do this. I think another one does too, can't remember if it's Heritage, maybe?

Really??

I play with both full time and have never ever had reimbursements.

Hman

The first book to start offering this and advertising it loudly will catapult the competition.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13767

Really??

I play with both full time and have never ever had reimbursements.
    Have you asked? Bookmaker gives you a special email address to send to with your proof (within 24 hours) and it's credited with 1x rollover.

Hman

Have you asked? Bookmaker gives you a special email address to send to with your proof (within 24 hours) and it's credited with 1x rollover.

No I haven't

But with all due respect why should a customer have to ask these things??

It should be posted if a book is serious about & committed to it

Again, the first book to offer this & make it commonly known, will steal a lot of business across the industry

Appreciate the info Crusher I will inquire
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: big joe 1212

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

No I haven't

But with all due respect why should a customer have to ask these things??

It should be posted if a book is serious about & committed to it

Again, the first book to offer this & make it commonly known, will steal a lot of business across the industry

Appreciate the info Crusher I will inquire

Please let us know what you find out.

If they reimburse, I will deposit BTC instead of CC.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

books should do this 100%

i remember getting my Bestern Punion fees always reimbursed before i got blacklisted. i did not mind sending that way because of that.

youwager would cover my cc fees also when i used them to a certain percentage

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I've been saying this forever on here. Nobody seemed to care, but now it's $60 to move bitcoin people do.

When you say cover fees are you just talking about the transaction fee on the send, or any fee that it takes to acquire the crypto? I'm fortunate to be on a hell of a run and own a bunch of crypto, but I remember when I had to buy it I would have to pay like 10 percent on the purchase if I wanted it quick, and then pay the send fee.

I think books 100% should pay what it costs to 'acquire' coin if they dont wan't to be phased out by legal onshore books (up to something reasonable with proof). BUT if you're still using bitcoin you're a retard and no I don't think books should have to pay the 'send fee' if they offer other cryptos where you can send for a few pennies.

I have noticed the bonuses at some books for 'crypto' deposits are better and have softened the blow. I am cool with that, but some books like heritage haven't, and they're just taking advantage of people.
    Last edited by PharaohUB; 04-23-21 at 09:23 AM.

KS1986
    KS1986's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9576

I just switched to LTC at the books that accept it, was reviewing my numbers for this year and already spent over 5k in BTC fees on deposits alone. That doesn't include exchange fees for buying and selling. Just the fees for sending from my wallet, wish I woulda made the switch earlier. Pure, laziness

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Yes, but it is not going to happen unless people just start to refuse bitcoin.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

I said that a while now too. The Recreational Books like Heritage are losing tons of business with this issue PLUS the legal state side books are poping up everywhere. -108 Heritage vs -112 USA with easy in and out PLUS promotions is a no brainer for many guys to just move to state side legal with books like DK.

Roger T. Bannon

These fees on gamblers may be what ultimately tanks bitcoin.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Not just btc fees how about cc fees. I used a cc for a deposit at heritage, trying to eliminate the btc fees and got hit with a $22 international cc fee by my bank. Is Costa Rica so far behind technology wise they have to run their cc deposits through China.

I personally think between btc fees and cc fees offshore is in trouble. At the moment using a btc atm and sending straight to a book seems to be the cheapest and quickest way to deposit, 8% was my fee last time and took 10 minutes to post, but I have no idea how many times I can do that before the atm bans me without using a middle wallet

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Not just btc fees how about cc fees. I used a cc for a deposit at heritage, trying to eliminate the btc fees and got hit with a $22 international cc fee by my bank. Is Costa Rica so far behind technology wise they have to run their cc deposits through China.

I personally think between btc fees and cc fees offshore is in trouble. At the moment using a btc atm and sending straight to a book seems to be the cheapest and quickest way to deposit, 8% was my fee last time and took 10 minutes to post, but I have no idea how many times I can do that before the atm bans me without using a middle wallet
    Having a international fee free credit card is Gambling 101.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    I said that a while now too. The Recreational Books like Heritage are losing tons of business with this issue PLUS the legal state side books are poping up everywhere. -108 Heritage vs -112 USA with easy in and out PLUS promotions is a no brainer for many guys to just move to state side legal with books like DK.
    if i can get -112 in NY when it is legal, get the various bonuses and have the ease of in and out of my bank within a day or 2 as i win/lose i am going to be close to done with offshore

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes

It is getting out of hand

Or offer all coins

Mild Mannered
    Mild Mannered's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

1) Demand that the books add bitcoin lightning network deposits/withdrawals.

2) Get lightning wallet, either self custody, or quality ones like Phoenix, Breez, Muun, etc

3) Deposit and w/d for about 10 cent fees (no matter how congested the main bitcoin network is), with instant arrival (i.e no confirmations necessary)

Stop mucking around with complaints about high fees and long waits!!! Everyone join the bitcoin lightning network already! Sports bettors lead the way!

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

I think books will eventually start offering stablecoins to fund and withdraw. USDT, USDC or DAI specifically. No need to sweat price fluctuations between the time you request a payout to when you are able to convert to fiat. Plus there is no need to convert as 1 USDT/USDC/DAI always eqauls $1.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Quote Originally Posted by Mild Mannered View Post
    1) Demand that the books add bitcoin lightning network deposits/withdrawals.

2) Get lightning wallet, either self custody, or quality ones like Phoenix, Breez, Muun, etc

3) Deposit and w/d for about 10 cent fees (no matter how congested the main bitcoin network is), with instant arrival (i.e no confirmations necessary)

Stop mucking around with complaints about high fees and long waits!!! Everyone join the bitcoin lightning network already! Sports bettors lead the way!
    So what you’re saying is this is what COULD be, but books don’t typically utilize the lightning network?

PuffDaddy
    PuffDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4672

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    if i can get -112 in NY when it is legal, get the various bonuses and have the ease of in and out of my bank within a day or 2 as i win/lose i am going to be close to done with offshore
    Agee 1000%

Its completely out of control now regarding BTC fee's, and cant wait for NY to finally open up

NYproGambler
    NYproGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

yes for sure.. as much as I love betting offshore, I might have to stop completely. this bitcoin sending fee is getting ridiculous and I accidentally sent one with low fee and transaction is stuck for past 16 days. not good!

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    So what you’re saying is this is what COULD be, but books don’t typically utilize the lightning network?
    The problem is there are a mishmash of btc addresses and clients, segwit, legacy etc and because of this the safest way is to use legacy addresses for now. Unless they insist on lightning/segwit this will continue.
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave icon 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mild Mannered
    Mild Mannered's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

RE: Texhooper

If books utilized the bitcoin lightning network this thread would have no reason to exist! Who would complain about 10 cent transaction fees and zero waiting time, no matter how congested the main bitcoin network is?

Man, players bitched and moaned at the books around 7 or 8 years ago to add bitcoin as a deposit w/d method. Now that bitcoin is much more popular, and the network is much more prone to huge fees and long delays, why the hell aren't the players bitching and moaning for the books to add the lightning network? So inexplicable!

texhooper

Yeah I totally get you.

I just talked to an agent at Betanysports and she didn’t even know what the lightning network is. I barely do myself so I just bid her adieu but that’s where we’re at man hahaha they don’t even know what the fukkin shit is

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

god dammit. ive prob snoozed on 500+ easy. wish i knew a while ago. shady they never mentioned it

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think the books should reimburse your BTC fees. But they will never do it.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think the books should reimburse your BTC fees. But they will never do it.
    Yeah bitcoin is the best thing that ever happened to them. And now it’s been so well-established, like 6 or 7 years of common use of btc that getting them to change and take the hit, I don’t see that at all

Ball909
    Ball909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Yeah bitcoin is the best thing that ever happened to them. And now it’s been so well-established, like 6 or 7 years of common use of btc that getting them to change and take the hit, I don’t see that at all
    I agree but isn't there an easy solution where both parties don't take much hit, such as using lower transaction fee altcoins?

Ball909
    Ball909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    god dammit. ive prob snoozed on 500+ easy. wish i knew a while ago. shady they never mentioned it
    Reading this made me realize I probably lost hundreds just for not asking

Hman

When you take into consideration, 1 wager should be 1%-5% of a player's bankroll, and you lose 10% of that bankroll right off the bat because of fees, you/we are already starting off in a hole.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I refuse to post up bitcoin right now unless a book takes alternative coins like Bovada

12 Last