stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Jacob deGrom's Historic Month

Jacob deGrom struck out nine Red Sox last night making his strikeout total 59 for the month which ties Nolan Ryan's record of 59 for most K's thrown by a pitcher to start a season

Only Randy Johnson has struck out more hitters in any five game consecutive starts at any point of the season.

And of course, deGrom gets the loss, even though his team lost the game for him (yet again) not deGrom who doesn't deserve to get an 'L' next to his name, it does. (yet again)

Mets lost 1-0.
    Making him 2-2 in five starts, 2-3 (with one ND) in all five starts.
    In the three Mets losses deGrom has started he's given up a total of 2 runs.

With the 1-0 loss last night this makes the third time in the past three seasons he's been on the receiving end of a 1-0 loss.

33 times in his career deGrom has given up ono or no runs in a start and not get a win for his efforts.

This the most mind blowing stat.
    Since 2018 deGrom has made 81 starts.
    In 81 starts his ERA in 1.99
    His record is 27-21.

This is the incredible part.
    In all 81 starts he's made since 2018, the Mets are 38-43

It's virtually impossible for a pitcher in 81 consecutive starts to have an ERA of under 2,00 and his team win 38 out of those 81 games.
    His team loses over half the games he pitches in despite allowing under 2 earned runs.

(read the above paragraph again)

The greatest session single season any pitcher has had in the past 50 years were Gibson, Carlton. Hershiser, Maddux, Randy Johnson, and Pedro. In my opinion.

deGrob may earn a spot on that list at the end of the year for passing Randy Johnson's strikeout total of 372 for the season, and the most in 100 years.
    He's already on the list as the greatest pitcher ever to get no run support from his teammates.

That is of course he doesn't end up in jail for murdering his team for lack of support.

I'd find him not guilty.
    Justifiable homicide.

Date Tm Opp Rslt Inngs Dec IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA GB FB LD PU
    1 Apr 5 NYM @ PHI L,3-5 GS-6 6 3 0 0 2 7 0 0 3 9 2 3
    5 Apr 10 NYM MIA L,0-3 GS-8 L(0-1) 8 5 1 1 0 14 1 0.64 4 10 4 3
    9 Apr 17(1) NYM @ COL W,4-3 GS-6 W(1-1) 6 3 3 0 1 14 1 0.45 2 6 1 1
    15 Apr 23 NYM WSN W,6-0 SHO W(2-1) 9 2 0 0 0 15 0 0.31 9 5 1 0
    19 Apr 28 NYM BOS L,0-1 GS-6 L(2-2) 6 3 1 1 1 9 0 0.51 6 6 4 0
    W 2-3 W-L:2-2 35 16 5 2 4 59 2 0.51 0.67 20% 12%

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

even in his interview after the game all he would talk about was how he felt horrible letting the team down cause he gave up that run. he is a class act.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Amazing Mets! Sure are when Degrom starts. Amazing how they cannot generate any offense, and need Degrom to throw a complete game shutout so that he doesn't get the "L"
    Nick Pivetta? One hit off Pivetta? The man with a 5.29 era for his career?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    even in his interview after the game all he would talk about was how he felt horrible letting the team down cause he gave up that run. he is a class act.
    That's just talking points

Honestly, being a MLB starter these days would be great if you are selfish

All you have to do if focus on yourself, your game and your stuff

You don't need to hit, worry about. W/L because people pay you for rotation and velocity

stevenash

I say this every chance I get.
    I won't stop saying it until it gets drilled into all the blockheaded gamblers out there that sill bet teams in baseball at -200 or greater.
    Forget about -250 or -300 which deGrom's Mets lines usually are.

Unless the Lord and Savior Himself Jesus Christ is toeing the rubber I will never bet a baseball game where the odds I'm laying are 2:1 or greater. And the last time I checked, Garret Cole, Jacob deGrom, and others are not Jesus Christ.

Have we not learned from the opening day carnage where all teams -200 or greater did not win (six of them)

deGrom's Mets are 2 and 3 in which he's started.
    If you laid the average price at -250 and flat betted one unit in each of the five starts.

You would have...
    Won twice and collect 200 dollars (i* twice)
    Lost three times and paid out 759 dollars (3 x 250)

You're 550 dollars in the hole, and now need to win six consecutive flat bets just to break even.
    And like I always say, if you're laying -250 you are not bright enough to win six straight to break even not to mention if you lost again any time along the way that's not a 1* loss but a 2.5 unit loss so you are set back another two games.

The stupidest thing I hear people say on this here or any other website is "there's no juice if you win"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

just win baby

cmon mets give this guy some run support

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    That's just talking points

Honestly, being a MLB starter these days would be great if you are selfish

All you have to do if focus on yourself, your game and your stuff

You don't need to hit, worry about. W/L because people pay you for rotation and velocity
    He could still be sort of honest and say, "I pitched very good but we couldn't score today". He never says that. He actually looked genuinely pissed about giving up that run and saying how he threw previous pitches too high so as not to achieve the proper eye line on the fastball that got hit for the double.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I say this every chance I get.
    I won't stop saying it until it gets drilled into all the blockheaded gamblers out there that sill bet teams in baseball at -200 or greater.
    Forget about -250 or -300 which deGrom's Mets lines usually are.

Unless the Lord and Savior Himself Jesus Christ is toeing the rubber I will never bet a baseball game where the odds I'm laying are 2:1 or greater. And the last time I checked, Garret Cole, Jacob deGrom, and others are not Jesus Christ.

Have we not learned from the opening day carnage where all teams -200 or greater did not win (six of them)

deGrom's Mets are 2 and 3 in which he's started.
    If you laid the average price at -250 and flat betted one unit in each of the five starts.

You would have...
    Won twice and collect 200 dollars (i* twice)
    Lost three times and paid out 759 dollars (3 x 250)

You're 550 dollars in the hole, and now need to win six consecutive flat bets just to break even.
    And like I always say, if you're laying -250 you are not bright enough to win six straight to break even not to mention if you lost again any time along the way that's not a 1* loss but a 2.5 unit loss so you are set back another two games.

The stupidest thing I hear people say on this here or any other website is "there's no juice if you win"
    The Red Sox yesterday were still only -170 getting 2.5 runs. It is crazy how juiced his lines are.

stevenash

He could still be sort of honest and say, "I pitched very good but we couldn't score today". He never says that. He actually looked genuinely pissed about giving up that run and saying how he threw previous pitches too high so as not to achieve the proper eye line on the fastball that got hit for the double.
    I saw that post game presser.
    He said I didn't do my job on the 0-2 pitch and kind of laid out in the middle of the plate.

I was a catcher for a lot of years.
    Starters throw about 80 pitches a game, give or take.

Poor guy has undue pressure on him 80 times in 2 hours.

I get the meaning of the word 'professional'
    Professionals get paid well for that, that being all the pressure.
    But at some point pressure becomes undue pressure where you know if you make just one tiny mistake in eighty you are going to lose.

Let's put this in proper perspective.
    Phil Hughes won 16 games for the Yankees eight years ago with a run support of over six per start.
    deGrom can't win 16 with and ERA of under 2.00 with less than 2 runs a game of support.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I saw that post game presser.
    He said I didn't do my job on the 0-2 pitch and kind of laid out in the middle of the plate.

I was a catcher for a lot of years.
    Starters throw about 80 pitches a game, give or take.

Poor guy has undue pressure on him 80 times in 2 hours.

I get the meaning of the word 'professional'
    Professionals get paid well for that, that being all the pressure.
    But at some point pressure becomes undue pressure where you know if you make just one tiny mistake in eighty you are going to lose.

Let's put this in proper perspective.
    Phil Hughes won 16 games for the Yankees eight years ago with a run support of over six per start.
    deGrom can't win 16 with and ERA of under 2.00 with less than 2 runs a game of support.
    agreed. and he knows it now. he knows if he gives up 2 runs he is almost guaranteed at best a No Decision.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No shot yesterday

Glad they rested him only 6 innings

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'd be like g damn it! Can we get some fukking offense in here... please!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

High Juice or not... I used to Love wagering on Randy Johnson back in the day... and Pedro Martinez.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'd be like g damn it! Can we get some fukking offense in here... please!
    same. i'd be begging lol.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

That ERA is just incredible but the strikeout record has to be taken with a grain of salt because strikeouts are at an all time high this year and it's not close.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

when does he start again so i can bet the first 5 under

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

The guy never throws anyone under the bus even though he could so many times when his teammates fuk him over, and over, and over again. He blames everything on himself. He is so great, I don't even know he knows. Guy is class act in his own greatness. It just doesn't happen like that many times. I watch every Mets game but just relish when he is on the mound. He is the fukin truth. No one hits this legend. No one.