rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Jerry West averaged .7 blocks and 2.6 steals at 35 years old the only year they tracked them in his career. He likely had way higher numbers than that in his prime so would have to think he was pretty athletic.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Top Players and the NBA experts are always saying you gotta have the rings.

Two words - BILL RUSSELL.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Jerry West averaged .7 blocks and 2.6 steals at 35 years old the only year they tracked them in his career. He likely had way higher numbers than that in his prime so would have to think he was pretty athletic.
    Yeah, he was a pretty good athlete. He is very 1960s in his style of play. He would play much differently today. He would annihilate 3-pointers. Rick Barry might have been a better athlete though and a better shooter.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Top Players and the NBA experts are always saying you gotta have the rings.

Two words - BILL RUSSELL.

Big Bill was an impressive athlete but very limited offensively. I am sure he would have a great offensive game today, but I would not rate him nearly as high as guys like Gilmore, Kareem and Wilt. His athleticism was definitely elite though.

Roger T. Bannon

Jerry West might have been good but his teammate was Elgin Baylor and he was nothing compared to him. Elgin Baylor was playing like a modern day player in the 1950s. He was awesome.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

If there is anyone who really DROPS OFF when they are losing a series hands down.... its Lebron. There's no question about it. The body language... the sh#$ effort... when Lebron is totally out manned in a series... I've never seen anyone.. GIVE UP LIKE HE DOES. That's not a LEGEND. This will always tarnish his legacy.

Kobe Bryant never gave up... Michael Jordan never gave up. Lebron is already on vacation in the 4th quarter.
    Harden

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

the basketball to me in the 90's was real basketball, today game is nothing but street ball, because most of these 1 and done kids only know 1 thing to shoot the ball, they dont stay in a school long enough to learn to play defense

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by masr View Post
    Harden
    Good call. I agree with that.

First ... 2345