homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Key injuries for ncaa tourney

Busier than a dyke in a hardware store over here.

Quick tourney pools to make the next 3 weeks fun.

Michigan lost Livers

Anyone else out ??

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Villanova best player out

Kansas very questionable

homie1975

Brocker, thank you, any other key players out? internet searches won't be as helpful as you are.

so far:

- Michigan key guy out
    - Villanova best player out (that kid who torqued his knee is their best player? really?)
    - KU key players are out?

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

Kansas very questionable
    You had Illinois finishing fifth. So, probably should do what you do BEST
    Sit in the corner and wait for your TUBE

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    You had Illinois finishing fifth. So, probably should do what you do BEST
    Sit in the corner and wait for your TUBE
    Lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brock had Illini yesterday for 3g's

I think he knows what he is doing

Playa
    Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1807

Kansas very questionable
    Virginia is going to be without a regular player at least the 1st 2 rounds. Just don't know who that player is at the moment. Rumors are it's a frontcourt starter though. He is the player that tested positive at the ACC Tourney.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Playa View Post
    Virginia is going to be without a regular player at least the 1st 2 rounds. Just don't know who that player is at the moment. Rumors are it's a frontcourt starter though. He is the player that tested positive at the ACC Tourney.
    great info, Playa. thank you

jjgold

VA and Nova are also rans now

Pay no attention to either

Playa

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

I can't bet any VA teams because I live in Virginia hopefully that will change in a couple of years. The schools I know the most about and would have done very well betting either way would have made me quite a few $$$ this year.

jjgold

Playa That benefits you why take it in the ass with high juice when heritage is -105 and money lines better

homie1975

Coach, Yes, Nova lost their PG who is second leading scorer and major playmaker.

VA is in quarantine so i would not be too confident on them but we are talking quarantine not injuries so let's see. if healthy, they are as well coached as anyone and they have that feast or famine slow down style that can equal first rd exit or deep run

Playa

Playa That benefits you why take it in the ass with high juice when heritage is -105 and money lines better
    Still new to the game, Once I get more comfortable will definitely look into Heritage. Just started doing this 7 weeks ago.

homie1975

are we missing anything?

homie1975

key sooner guard, their second leading scorer, out due to Covid

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

thanks for the work sir.............

ENFUEGOMIAMI
    ENFUEGOMIAMI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6824

curry out sat for VCU

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

ACC POY and leading scorer Moses Wright is out for Georgia Tech for the 1st round and possibly 2nd.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    ACC POY and leading scorer Moses Wright is out for Georgia Tech for the 1st round and possibly 2nd.
    hell be out for both. Well miss out on a potential matchup with him and Cockburn.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22668

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Busier than a dyke in a hardware store over here.

Quick tourney pools to make the next 3 weeks fun.

Michigan lost Livers

Anyone else out ??
    They be no drinking for the Wolves!

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    They be no drinking for the Wolves!

homie1975

i liked Loyola Chicago even before that news

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    hell be out for both. Well miss out on a potential matchup with him and Cockburn.
    they were in trouble in the first rd anyway

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ENFUEGOMIAMI View Post
    curry out sat for VCU
    oregon is better with or without curry playing

Da Manster!

i liked Loyola Chicago even before that news
    not me, brother...I totally disagree...I think Ga Tech advances to the sweet 16 with Wright in the lineup...maybe even elite 8 and beyond...they are one of the hottest teams in the country and clicking on all cylinders....and contrary to popular belief, the ACC is still a damn good conference with quality teams even though it's a down year for them by their standards...and seeing how badly Drake struggled tonight against Wichta ST (even though they eked out the "W") just reaffirms my position.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19225

Any chance Livers will get to play?

homie1975

not me, brother...I totally disagree...I think Ga Tech advances to the sweet 16 with Wright in the lineup...maybe even elite 8 and beyond...they are one of the hottest teams in the country and clicking on all cylinders....and contrary to popular belief, the ACC is still a damn good conference with quality teams even though it's a down year for them by their standards...and seeing how badly Drake struggled tonight against Wichta ST (even though they eked out the "W") just reaffirms my position.
    Fair enough, D-Man, you know i respect you and your opinion. in CBB i would not put much stock in 1 game like the Drake v Wichita St game.

i think it's telling that Loyola Chicago opened a -2.5 fave before the news of Wright came out, so the oddsmakers/market thought Loyola was probably better on a neutral.

keep in mind that they had a good recruiting class after the final 4 run in 2018 and are a junior and senior laden veteran team.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave homie1975 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Any chance Livers will get to play?
    Don't expect Michigan's Isaiah Livers to return — if he does, it would be 'miraculous'

Orion SangDetroit Free Press

View Comments

AD
    0:17

When Isaiah Livers spoke to reporters for the first time following the diagnosis of a stress fracture in his right foot, he expressed some hope about a potential return during the NCAA tournament.
    Yet at this juncture, it seems unlikely Michigan basketball will have its top shooter and senior co-captain for the postseason.
    "I wouldn’t say it’s expected, just talking with the doctors and all that, talking with coach (Juwan) Howard," Livers said Monday during an appearance on "The Michigan Insider" on WTKA-1050. "If I do (return), that’s miraculous. It will get talked about, the world is full of possibilities. Honestly, you never know, but it’s definitely one of those things where it takes a minute to fully recover.
    "That will be the huge question. Coach Howard, my family and my trainer will obviously speak of that in the coming weeks. Like I said, if I can feel good enough, if I feel good to go, then you know, I’m out there because we’re going to make a tourney run, and I want to be out there with this team."
    [ Michigan's loss of Isaiah Livers seems crushing, but it has talent to replace production ]

Livers previously said he injured his foot on New Year's Eve in Michigan's win at Maryland before reaggravating the injury in Friday's win over the Terrapins in the Big Ten tournament. In that matchup, Livers was seen limping after a defensive possession and ultimately sat on the bench for the final 14:42 after playing 15 scoreless minutes.
    His injury was announced by the program Saturday morning ahead of Michigan's semifinal matchup against Ohio State, with Livers on the sideline during the game donning a protective walking boot over his right foot. Junior forward Brandon Johns replaced Livers in the starting lineup, while freshman forward Terrance Williams saw his role expand as well.

On the radio show, head trainer Alex Wong said he has worked with Livers on the injury in Indianapolis, where the NCAA has set up a mobile training room in the city's convention center.
    And based on Wong's comments, it seems the Wolverines are far away from even considering a potential return for Livers.
    [ The Free Press has started a new digital subscription model. Here's how you can gain access to our most exclusive Michigan Wolverines content. ]
    "With any injury, you just want to make sure some functional activity can be maintained," Wong said Monday. "Can he walk pain-free? Before we even fast forward to running, set shots, jump shots, shooting drills, etc., it's just getting that pain down, certainly getting him out of the walking boot.

"... And then it's just a matter of a walk-jog progression to a jogging progression to shooting, to planting, etc.. But again, it all starts with can he walk pain-free? Can we get him out of the boot? Just follow his symptoms and allow his body to heal. Keeping in mind long-term health so that hopefully, whenever that is, he pursues all the great basketball ahead of him."

Contact Orion Sang at osang@freepress.com. Follow him on Twitter @orion_sang. Read more on the Michigan Wolverines and sign up for our Wolverines newsletter.

View Comments

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Best U.S. Golf Courses by State[/COLOR]Stadium Talk|Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Melissa McCarthy Casually Flaunting Her Beautiful Figure[/COLOR]Loan Insurance Wealth|Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Where should you invest $1,000 right now?[/COLOR]The Motley Fool|Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Seize the opportunities, swerve the risks.[/COLOR]The EIU|Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Justine Bateman, 54, Sends Fans Wild As She Flaunts Age-Defying Figure[/COLOR]Wordsa|Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]After Céline Dion's Major Weight Loss, She Confirms What We Suspected All Along[/COLOR]Total Past|Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]5 Years From Now, You'll Probably Wished You'd Grabbed This Stock[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]The Motley Fool|[/COLOR]Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]What?s your next move?[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]The EIU|[/COLOR]Sponsored
    Learn More ≫

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]This Stock Could Be Like Buying Amazon in 1997[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]The Motley Fool|[/COLOR]Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Best Western Actors: The Greats From the Wild West[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]Definition|[/COLOR]Sponsored

Deal of the Day

Macy's Is Having a Giant Spring Sale With Prices Up to 50% Off + an Extra 20%REVIEWEDView Deal
    Recommendations are independently chosen by our editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.

Recommended

Michigan high school boys and girls basketball state rankingsSPORTS

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]One-Hit Wonders From the 1990s Everyone Forgot[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]FamilyMinded|[/COLOR]Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]After 13 Years Of Working At CNN, This is Don Lemon's Annual Salary[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]Daily Finance Stories|[/COLOR]Sponsored

More Local Stories

Michigan basketball L to OSU brings out Juwan Howard second-guessersSPORTS

Predicting who Detroit Red Wings' Steve Yzerman trades at NHL deadlineSPORTS

MSU basketball commit Emoni Bates drops 30 points vs. SPIRE InstituteSPORTS

Meet UCLA, MSU's First Four opponent in NCAA tournamentSPORTS

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]This Game Can Train Your Brain To Think Strategically[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]Total Battle - Tactical Game Online|[/COLOR]Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Lily From The AT&T Ads Is Causing A Stir For One Reason[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]Magellan Times|[/COLOR]Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]NFL Star Rob Gronkowski's Go To Shoes Off The Field[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]Wolf & Shepherd|[/COLOR]Sponsored

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Sportscasters Salaries Finally Released[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.53)]Gameday News|[/COLOR]Sponsored

More Local Stories

Mitch Albom: After a year of COVID, what would we tell our old selves?SPORTS

Detroit Pistons at 2021 NBA trade deadline: 3 deals that make senseSPORTS

2021 NCAA tournament: Free Press picks Final Four, national championSPORTS

NCAA tournament: Big Ten has paved the way for Michigan State as an 11SPORTS

SAP CONCURTake Control Of Your Cash Flow

Small and midsized businesses face many new challenges today. Get the infographic and see how SMBs are reinventing with SAP Concur solutions.
    SEE MORE

More Stories

Michigan high school boys and girls basketball state rankingsSPORTS

Michigan basketball L to OSU brings out Juwan Howard second-guessersSPORTS

Predicting who Detroit Red Wings' Steve Yzerman trades at NHL deadlineSPORTS

SAP CONCURIs Your Spend Policy Current?

With employees working from home, your expense policy may need an update. Read the article and see how you can create a policy that matches the times.
    SEE MORE

Da Manster!

Fair enough, D-Man, you know i respect you and your opinion. in CBB i would not put much stock in 1 game like the Drake v Wichita St game.

i think it's telling that Loyola Chicago opened a -2.5 fave before the news of Wright came out, so the oddsmakers/market thought Loyola was probably better on a neutral.

keep in mind that they had a good recruiting class after the final 4 run in 2018 and are a junior and senior laden veteran team.
    everything you say is true, Homie....but you got to remember, oddsmakers and books don't always get it right...tonight they APP ST (-3.5) vs. Norfolk ST and they were dead wrong...I jumped all over Norfolk ST and right now they are clobbering APP ST 41 - 25 and they are clearly the better and superior team...and I also think the ACC is getting disrespected because they are down this year...but hey it's all good my friend...that's why they play the games!...

homie1975

everything you say is true, Homie....but you got to remember, oddsmakers and books don't always get it right...tonight they APP ST (-3.5) vs. Norfolk ST and they were dead wrong...I jumped all over Norfolk ST and right now they are clobbering APP ST 41 - 25 and they are clearly the better and superior team...and I also think the ACC is getting disrespected because they are down this year...but hey it's all good my friend...that's why they play the games!...

cheers Mate. enjoy the games and may all your wagers be winners!

homie1975

D-Man
    what do you think of coach Pastner? he seems like a very good reg season coach but flames out in the tourney.

he had some strong teams at memphis after coach Cal left but only won (1) first rd game and exited in the 1st rd like 3 times.

i think he struggles at in game adjustments

Da Manster!

D-Man
    what do you think of coach Pastner? he seems like a very good reg season coach but flames out in the tourney.

he had some strong teams at memphis after coach Cal left but only won (1) first rd game and exited in the 1st rd like 3 times.

i think he struggles at in game adjustments
    Pastner is a good recruiter and coach...He's won everywhere he's been...coach Cal has left every program in turmoil after he leaves because of his shenanigans...It's still too early to pass judgement on Pastner because he still has a lot of coaching left in him...let's hold back the reins and see what happens in the future before I reach a final verdict on him.

homie1975

Kansas very questionable
    NOVA is handling decent teams (Winthrop 23-1) and UNT (took out 4 seed Purdue and has 4 starting seniors) with RELATIVE EASE

are you sure that kid who got hurt is their best player? or was it a guess? NOVA does not seem to give one single fukk that he is out !!!

MOBIL19
    MOBIL19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

NOVA is handling decent teams (Winthrop 23-1) and UNT (took out 4 seed Purdue and has 4 starting seniors) with RELATIVE EASE

are you sure that kid who got hurt is their best player? or was it a guess? NOVA does not seem to give one single fukk that he is out !!!
    In the crazy part of the crazy season, Nova is the only thing that's 'normal'.

My current pick to win it all!