thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Byu question

I saw that they will have to move games if they make the sweet 16 with a different region because they don’t play Sunday.

Their first game is on Saturday at 940pm. These games always run over. It seems likely that this game would end on Sunday, right?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I think, because it's religious, it's about intent.

The Mormon church isn't concerned about games accidentally running over and finishing 5 minutes into a holiday, but rather the explicit intent of starting one on a Sunday

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

This is the 2nd time seeding committee has made this mistake. Several years back, BYU made the tourney and they had to juggle the bracket b/c of the Sunday thing.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Fair enough. Wasn’t sure how crazy they were about this and didn’t see it mentioned.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    This is the 2nd time seeding committee has made this mistake. Several years back, BYU made the tourney and they had to juggle the bracket b/c of the Sunday thing.
    Yes they did. This time they are just changing the dates if they stay in because it’s the same city

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19261

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I saw that they will have to move games if they make the sweet 16 with a different region because they don’t play Sunday.

Their first game is on Saturday at 940pm. These games always run over. It seems likely that this game would end on Sunday, right?
    What time do they go by? Utah time or Indiana time?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I think you should play the under. They will not be fouling so that the game would end on Saturday.