pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

it is worth a wager. lock it in. i would if i could.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    I'm only seeing 4 games that qualify from 1990, not 6...

2 qualify from 2009, not 3

Id have to read the fine print...not sure if and one's count...
    FT's don't count, but the one from 2009 should count because the 2-pointer gave them the lead. An and-one wouldn't count if the FT was needed to take the lead.

Probably shouldn't have included 1990 because the blog explains that they didn't count in one-tenths back then so it's hard to say. In any case, those are minor differences.

Let's hope it's 2016 all over again.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

can you post the whole T&C's of the promo here please, I googled it but cannot find the actual terms anywhere...just a bunch of happy horseshit from Barstool on social media

Good luck

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    FT's don't count, but the one from 2009 should count because the 2-pointer gave them the lead. An and-one wouldn't count if the FT was needed to take the lead.

Probably shouldn't have included 1990 because the blog explains that they didn't count in one-tenths back then so it's hard to say. In any case, those are minor differences.

Let's hope it's 2016 all over again.
    FT won one of the games .....Ball St. vs Org.St 1990

Fine print is key on this promo

But with Payton on the bench after fouling out with 2:18 left, McCurdy became the instrument of Oregon State’s undoing, hitting a free throw with no time left to complete a three-point play and give Ball State a 54-53 upset of Oregon State in the first round of the NCAA West Regional.

CantFeelMyFace
    CantFeelMyFace's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Is the 2.0 seconds or less when the ball goes in the basket or when it leaves the shooters hand? Like, if the guy gets the shot off with 2.5 left and it goes in and theres 1 and change left on the clock does that count as a win?

edit: Nvm, saw there has to be a stoppage with 2 or less seconds left. Doesn't sound as good now.
    Last edited by CantFeelMyFace; 03-17-21 at 02:40 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

can you post the whole T&C's of the promo here please, I googled it but cannot find the actual terms anywhere...just a bunch of happy horseshit from Barstool on social media

Good luck
    Most of the T&C is standard meaningless gibberish. The definition of "buzzer beater" is short and sweet. A "buzzer beater" is defined as a field goal made by one team within the last 2 seconds of regulation or OT to win the game outright".

Do you see any ambiguities there? What are you looking for?

I do find the word "outright" to be odd. What other way is there to win?

I believe the condition is simple. A field goal (not a FT) must go in the basket that takes a team that doesn't have the lead (behind or tied) into a lead that is not relinquished. When the clock stops on that basket it must read 2.0 or less. That's how I'd word it and I think that is clear. Tried to find an ambiguity and don't really see any, but I'm sure there might be something.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

FT won one of the games .....Ball St. vs Org.St 1990

Fine print is key on this promo

But with Payton on the bench after fouling out with 2:18 left, McCurdy became the instrument of Oregon State’s undoing, hitting a free throw with no time left to complete a three-point play and give Ball State a 54-53 upset of Oregon State in the first round of the NCAA West Regional.
    Right. A FT to take the lead would not count. I know that.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CantFeelMyFace View Post
    Is the 2.0 seconds or less when the ball goes in the basket or when it leaves the shooters hand? Like, if the guy gets the shot off with 2.5 left and it goes in and theres 1 and change left on the clock does that count as a win?
    Yes. It's on the clock stoppage, so it's when it goes through the hoop - obviously subject to ref's final adjustment.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Most of the T&C is standard meaningless gibberish. The definition of "buzzer beater" is short and sweet. A "buzzer beater" is defined as a field goal made by one team within the last 2 seconds of regulation or OT to win the game outright".

Do you see any ambiguities there? What are you looking for?

I do find the word "outright" to be odd. What other way is there to win?

I believe the condition is simple. A field goal (not a FT) must go in the basket that takes a team that doesn't have the lead (behind or tied) into a lead that is not relinquished. When the clock stops on that basket it must read 2.0 or less. That's how I'd word it and I think that is clear. Tried to find an ambiguity and don't really see any, but I'm sure there might be something.
    No one gives a rats ass what you believe...post the fukking terms & conditions. I was trying to be nice.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

No one gives a rats ass what you believe...post the fukking terms & conditions. I was trying to be nice.
    I would if I could, but I login on mobile and I don't think I have a way to paste it over. I'm trying to tell you that there is no more detail on the buzzer beater definition within the T&C. That's it. What else are you looking for? The rest has to do with player eligibility, rollover, eligible games, action required, registration, etc.

The T&C is that one sentence. Within the actual wager page it says "buzzer beater" defined as game-winning field goal with subsequent clock stopped clock showing 2.0 seconds or less in regulation or OT.

If you are looking for more clarification, you ain't gonna find it. What's not clear?

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

I would if I could, but I login on mobile and I don't think I have a way to paste it over. I'm trying to tell you that there is no more detail on the buzzer beater definition within the T&C. That's it. What else are you looking for? The rest has to do with player eligibility, rollover, eligible games, action required, registration, etc.

The T&C is that one sentence. Within the actual wager page it says "buzzer beater" defined as game-winning field goal with subsequent clock stopped clock showing 2.0 seconds or less in regulation or OT.

If you are looking for more clarification, you ain't gonna find it. What's not clear?
    Thanks ...I am currently on Live Chat getting some info. First red flag I see in the T&C's is they do not state what website/outfit they will be using for official game time/box scores.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

can't wait to experience the thrill of victory with this +EV opportunity!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks ...I am currently on Live Chat getting some info. First red flag I see in the T&C's is they do not state what website/outfit they will be using for official game time/box scores.
    Cool. If you find out anything more, I'd love to hear. But I can't imagine there could possibly be a time discrepancy. We'll all be watching with replays and so we will see exactly what the clock is stopped at after any review. Shouldn't be any discrepancy there.

The one thing I thought of is less let's say Team A hits a 3 to take a 3-point lead at 2.0 seconds. And then Team B promptly turns it over and then fouls and Team A wins by 5. Does that count? I think it does. Even if they win by 5, they hit a shot at 2.0 or less for the lead. Same thing with an and-1 FT to extend the lead. Should count as long as the FG gave them the lead.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    can't wait to experience the thrill of victory with this +EV opportunity!
    Did you hit it?

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Just got off live chat...

They are using ncaa.com for their official statistics/clock...

T&C's state "winning buzzer beating field goal" ...Free throws are not considered field goals

FT's do not count in anyway regardless if the shot made while being fouled took the lead or not, so that game in 2009 would not count as eligible...The field goal made by the trailing team,to take the lead, has to be their official last shot attempt with 2secs or less left in OT or Reg.. This means if there's an And-One situation under 2 secs left, a made FT after the fact would void eligibility.

Another thing to be wary of here is a buzzer beater under 2 secs and then an inbound steal where a guy throws the ball up in the air like we see all the time in close tournament games...Does that count as a shot attempt? Meaning the buzzer beater would not be the official last field goal attempted.

Regardless, I hope everyone smashes their bookies face in this March..

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Just got off live chat...

They are using ncaa.com for their official statistics/clock...

T&C's state "winning buzzer beating field goal" ...Free throws are not considered field goals

FT's do not count in anyway regardless if the shot made while being fouled took the lead or not, so that game in 2009 would not count as eligible...The field goal made by the trailing team,to take the lead, has to be their official last shot attempt with 2secs or less left in OT or Reg.. This means if there's an And-One situation under 2 secs left, a made FT after the fact would void eligibility.

Another thing to be wary of here is a buzzer beater under 2 secs and then an inbound steal where a guy throws the ball up in the air like we see all the time in close tournament games...Does that count as a shot attempt? Meaning the buzzer beater would not be the official last field goal attempted.

Regardless, I hope everyone smashes their bookies face in this March..
    Well if that scenario happens (unlikely) they will have a controversy. The T&C doesn't say anything about a last shot attempt. It says what it says.

How about this one...Team A hits a 3 to go up by 3 with 2.0 seconds. Team A then fouls Team B. Team B hits a FT or two FT or whatever - does that void? Shouldn't. Even if they then foul Team A...shouldn't matter. Only thing that matters is that Team A took the lead with a FG with 2.0 seconds or less and then won the game.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Well if that scenario happens (unlikely) they will have a controversy. The T&C doesn't say anything about a last shot attempt. It says what it says.

How about this one...Team A hits a 3 to go up by 3 with 2.0 seconds. Team A then fouls Team B. Team B hits a FT or two FT or whatever - does that void? Shouldn't. Even if they then foul Team A...shouldn't matter. Only thing that matters is that Team A took the lead with a FG with 2.0 seconds or less and then won the game.

If a team hits a shot to take the lead and then has another shot after that, the first shot is not a buzzer beater. Buzzer beater = walk off

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

If a team hits a shot to take the lead and then has another shot after that, the first shot is not a buzzer beater. Buzzer beater = walk off
    No, buzzer beater does not = walk off. In a "walk off" (like baseball or football) it is literally the very last play of the game (not 2.0 seconds left). They score and walk off. You cannot walk off when there are 2.0 seconds left, obviously that implies that there will be another play.

Let's say Team A hits the shot at 2.0 seconds to take the lead. Obviously Team B then is almost certainly going to inbounds and take the last shot after that. Let's say Team B misses and so Team A wins. Are you telling me Team A didn't hit a "buzzer beater" as defined here? Of course they did. Otherwise what would be the point of the 2.0 second cutoff? Walk-off would mean 0.0 on the clock after the shot. That is specifically not what this is.
    Last edited by d2bets; 03-17-21 at 05:29 PM.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

No, buzzer beater does not = walk off. In a "walk off" (like baseball or football) it is literally the very last play of the game (not 2.0 seconds left). They score and walk off. You cannot walk off when there are 2.0 seconds left, obviously that implies that there will be another play.

Let's say Team A hits the shot at 2.0 seconds to take the lead. Obviously Team B then is almost certainly going to inbounds and take the last shot after that. Let's say Team B misses and so Team A wins. Are you telling me Team A didn't hit a "buzzer beater" as defined here? Of course they did. Otherwise what would be the point of the 2.0 second cutoff? Walk-off would mean 0.0 on the clock after the shot. That is specifically not what this is.
    Re-read my post...slowly

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Re-read my post...slowly
    A walk off literally means the winner walks off and the opponent doesn't have another play. That's not the case when a team scores with 2.0 seconds left. You're misusing that term, but whatever.

I get what you're saying about the winning team getting another shot, but I still believe that's wrong. The rules say nothing about an attempt and there is nothing in the rule that even remotely implies that. Not going to worry about it though. If it comes to pass (unlikely), then I'll argue it. The rule says what it says. It's not ambiguous as written. I'm a lawyer. I've had cases involving contract language and ambiguity.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Good luck bud...

I would not want to lay -220 for 5 figures in hopes of winning a language dispute if somehow something goes a little squirrelly. If you have any questions or concerns jump on live chat. I was impressed by their quick response/cust serv.

Cheers

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

they gave a definition: the bold is theirs, as it appears on the terms and service.... I did not alter it

• Opt-in required on this page.
    • Place a CASH wager (max $10K) on any individual 'Buzzer Beaters' O/U bet from the ‘Buzzer Beaters’ section of the ‘Barstool Exclusives > Bet with Barstool’ page before each round/day starts.
    • A “Buzzer Beater” is defined as a field goal made by one team within the last 2 seconds of regulation or OT to win the game outright.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

at this stage in the game, they are looking to build a customer base, not piss people off..

like when other apps go into the market, they give $ away. it's just part of the scramble to get as many as new customers as possible

just like all the bet on a basketball or football team +100 sorta deals we've seen

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    at this stage in the game, they are looking to build a customer base, not piss people off..

like when other apps go into the market, they give $ away. it's just part of the scramble to get as many as new customers as possible

just like all the bet on a basketball or football team +100 sorta deals we've seen
    Right. I really don't believe they are going to screw people if a buzzer beater meets their plain definition. There is literally nothing anywhere in the rules about another shot attempt.

It's really simple actually. There are three conditions: (1) a team that is not leading (i.e. trailing or tied) hits a field goal (2 or 3) to take the lead; and (2) the clock reads 2.0 or less at that shot stoppage; and (3) that team wins the game when the clock reads 0.0 in that same regulation or OT....winner winner buzzer beater. Plain and simple. Everything else is irrelevant.

Obviously I could have written the rule better than they did.
    Last edited by d2bets; 03-17-21 at 07:08 PM.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Right. I really don't believe they are going to screw people if a buzzer beater meets their plain definition. There is literally nothing anywhere in the rules about another shot attempt.

It's really simple actually. There are three conditions: (1) a team that is not leading (i.e. trailing or tied) hits a field goal (2 or 3) to take the lead; and (2) the clock reads 2.0 or less at that shot stoppage; and (3) that team wins the game when the clock reads 0.0 in that same regulation or OT....winner winner buzzer beater. Plain and simple. Everything else is irrelevant.

Obviously I could have written the rule better than they did.
    Yeah agreed.....Something we have never seen before so good to have some back & forth. Thanks and GL

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Damn. Witchita almost had one there.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Damn. App St also had a shot, missed.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 192

Those were both great gms

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

UCLA miss off the iron at the regulation buzzer, another near miss.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

That would've been something hitting the over during the play in games.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

First game of Friday. Another buzzer beater chance passes...OT.
    Last edited by d2bets; 03-19-21 at 03:47 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

just missing

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

And another oppo misses. OSU misses at the buzzer....OT.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

And the 6th near miss. N Texas misses a shot at the buzzer vs. Purdue. That's 0/6 opportunities.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

it will happen

First 123 Last