MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Is Golf Channel next for cancel culture?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9327129/NBCs-Golf-Channel-accused-hostile-workplace-sexism-misogyny-harassment.html

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4499

Schools are canceling Advanced programs because 70% of the students were white and Asian so I’d think golf is toast
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweep

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

yes i heard the little white ball will get black balled, hell i buy all wheat bread now and dont even look at the white bread to be not label a racist

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i heard rich lerner was an ahole

carolinakid

i got to say the golf channel is one cannel i never go to, i could not even tell you it channel number on directv

KnuckleHeadz

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    i got to say the golf channel is one cannel i never go to, i could not even tell you it channel number on directv
    Didn’t you say for everyone to get outside and live?
    You are currently in every thread right now. You better get outside and show off that haircut and fake tan

carolinakid

i have been out all day and just chilling for a little while before heading out to dinner and cocktails in a short time.......just happy im not dog sitting this weekend...

carolinakid

KH do you have a problem today

KnuckleHeadz

KH do you have a problem today
    Not at all but are you sauced up or just inside that tanning bed a little too long?

carolinakid

i have no idea what you are talking about??? it just feel great to go out and try to normal things agin somewhat, what is the problem with that, i love this time of the year with the warm weather coming.i love being outside in the sun, i have been that way since a early teen, nothing better than at the pool and having some cold ones.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

It’s called capitalism. Just like that gay cake you bitches cried about.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    It was actually you bitches crying about the gay cake.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

just another coo coo californian

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

sick stuff

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Cancel Cancel Cancel!!! Silly liberals..

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

218. I like to watch the hot babes on the Ladies tour.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

the Channel? No way Jose

you just crack some eggs and fire a bunch of execs and any of the people mentioned in allegations.

fire a bunch of chicks to take their place

the channel is owned by NBC and Comcast

NBC has all the rights to the US Open and the USGA Championships, players championships, ryder cup for the next half decade at least

Golf Channel ain't going nowwheres

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    218. I like to watch the hot babes on the Ladies tour.
    I love hot fit women in sexy golf attire.

My favorite part when I play is when the drink girls come around. 🤪 sexual innuendos and puns, big tips for big . It's amazing.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

The most boring & idiotic popular sport (with the exception of auto racing)

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    Wow, you sir are a lame-o.

If it's so boring why you clicking on the golf thread?

MinnesotaFats

I'm not sure about this statement.

There's nothing more enjoyable than watching the pros get humbled....

PGA runs the best and cleanest sport with the best optics and presentation there is.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Golf is a joke. No different then playing miniature golf that you play in a kiddy fun park. I'll never understand why this is called a real sport?

All you do playing golf over a life time is swing the club on one side of your body and ruin your back in time. It completely ruins your natural body and spine symmetry. Most golfers suffer from back problems in time, FACT!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-05-21 at 07:31 PM.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Golf is a joke. No different then playing miniature golf that you play in a kiddy fun park. I'll never understand why this is called a real sport?

All you do playing golf over a life time is swing the club on one side of your body and ruin your back over time. It completely ruins your natural body and spine symmetry. Most golfers suffer from back problems in time, FACT!!
    The amount of pussy those golfers get helps to realign the back

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Dynamic men n women will always have sex in air

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Idiot still hasn't figured out how to post a link
    Points Awarded:

sweep gave funnyb25 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

You must have missed curling.

brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12616

Woody Allen yes.

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7776

Golf is so hard compared to other sports. If the other pro athletes had only themselves to account for scoring half would be broke.

You only have yourself in golf. Such a head game. That is the difference.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

NBC's Golf Channel is accused of harboring 'boys club' culture with 18 women claiming the network is rife with sexism, misogyny and harassment

• Eighteen female current and former Golf Channel employees are accusing the NBC-owned network of being a hostile workplace rife with sexism and misogyny
    • Former anchor Lisa Cornwell filed a complaint against the network in 2020
    • Now the Washington Post is reporting new allegations, including one woman;'s claim that her boss confessed, in an email, his desire to make love to her
    • The supervisor, who was later fired, reportedly wrote to her, 'I'd like to make love to you and I dream about you every morning. Do you feel any connection to me?'
    • Other women detailed inappropriate conversations, pay discrepancy, and a 'boys club' atmosphere that stifled female employees at the network
    • An NBC spokesman said the network will be 'vigorously defending this matter'
    • Haley Zagoria, a Golf Channel employee in 2016 and 2017, said she was told she was passed over for a promotion because it's a 'masculine environment'
    • Other claims include lewd conversations, such as a 2019 discussion in which male employees likened Asian LPGA golfers to Japanese sex dolls
    • Sixteen women who previously worked at the Golf Channel and two more current female employees are echoing claims of sexism, misogyny and harassment against the NBC-owned network.Former on-air anchor Lisa Cornwell first made the accusation to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in 2020, but spoke out more publicly in a January podcast interview in which she said she was just one of 'dozens and dozens' of women with similar experiences at Golf Channel.
      'What I went through… is nothing compared to what dozens and dozens of women at that network have faced over the years,' she told the golf podcast, No Laying Up, on January 4.

~~~~~~~~~~~
      Read

Now the Washington Post is reporting new allegations, including the claim of one woman who says she was sexually harassed in emails from her boss at Golf Channel when she was a 22-year-old freelance production assistant.
      'I'd like to make love to you and I dream about you every morning,' the supervisor wrote her, according to the Washington Post. 'Do you feel any connection to me in that way. If not, no big deal. We'll have the same work relationship we've had. The last thing I want to do is creep you out.'

+5

Former on-air anchor Lisa Cornwell (pictured) first made the accusation to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in 2020, but spoke out more publicly in a January podcast interview in which she said she was just one of 'dozens and dozens' of women with similar experiences at Golf Channel

NBC spokesman Greg Hughes said the supervisor was suspended and later fired.
      However, in an email to Human Resources, the alleged victim said she did not feel supported by the network.
      'I want to have faith that Golf Channel is supporting me, the victim, on this issue, but that is not how I have been made to feel at the moment,' she wrote in an email reviewed by the Washington Post. 'I felt more like I was the one on trial.'
      RELATED ARTICLES

In response to the Post's report, Hughes told the newspaper that 'the vast majority' of the allegations had already been probed, adding that 'appropriate action was taken.'
      Hughes also said the network would be 'vigorously defending this matter.'
      Other claims include lewd conversations, such as a 2019 discussion in which male employees likened Asian LPGA golfers to Japanese sex dolls.
      Jen Johnson, a former employee, said she earned less than her male counterparts and was once asked by a supervisor if having a child would negatively impact her career.
      Hughes said the supervisor was disciplined, but that Johnson never raised any concerns about pay discrepancy.

• +5

The Golf Channel mobile studio during the 2nd round of the Champions TOUR Mitsubishi Electric Classic golf tournament on April 20, 2019 at the TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, Georgia

Chelsea Kite, who spent 12 years at the network, said she asked technical manager John Winch about her job performance, but he refused to give an honest answer.
      'Women and people of color rule the world,' she said he told her. 'We live in an HR world.'
      Kite added: 'Because of the way the world was changing, he was afraid to talk to women and black people at work.'
      Speaking to the Post, Winch admitted he regretted the way he responded, saying that he felt she was looking for a reason to report him to HR after they had several previous disagreements.
      He was later fired after Kite reported the incident to human resources.
      However, Kite was also fired for what Hughes claims were problems with her job performance.
      'I feel like they were punishing me for speaking up,' Kite said. 'I'm teaching broadcasting in high school right now. It took me a long time to mentally be okay with that.'
      Haley Zagoria, a Golf Channel employee in the marketing department in 2016 and 2017, said she was passed over for a promotion and was later told by senior director Mark Summer that she wasn't chosen because it was a 'masculine environment.'
      Hughes told the Post that Summer was not the final say on that decision.
      'It was my first job,' Zagoria told the Post. 'I used to cry on my way home from work all the time. I couldn't do it anymore. It was just so toxic and there was no growth opportunity for me.'

• +

Haley Zagoria (pictured), a Golf Channel employee in the marketing department in 2016 and 2017, said she was passed over for a job and was later told by senior director Mark Summer that she wasn't chosen because it was a 'masculine environment'

Former Golf Channel director of product and technology Laura Laytham said she spoke to the vice president of human resources about male colleagues being dismissive of her work and input, but nobody intervened.
      'It was just a boys club,' Laytham said.

Cornwell said she experienced friction with on-air host and former professional golfer Brandel Chamblee (pictured), although she did not accuse him of any sexual harassment

Cornwell also claims that Summer, speaking to employees, ridiculed an on-air anchor for battling anxiety issues in 2016.
      'The person leading that dinner, and there's 15 people there, he's the head of Golf Central,' she told the No Laying Up podcast on January 4. 'We have a new analyst who's had some anxiety issues on air, and he's basically making fun of him. I stood up, he's a friend of mine, I said "What are we doing? We don't do this. This isn't who we are."'
      In 2018, she says that she and anchor Brandel Chamblee began to have friction following an on-air mistake that she admittedly made.
      It was then, she claims, that the network began reducing her assignments without any explanation.
      Cornwell says she was taken off the network's coverage of the next year's NCAA Championships, which were set to be held at the University of Arkansas, where she had played collegiately.
      'I had always hosted the women's NCAAs since I had been at Golf Channel,' she said. 'I get a scheduling email that I would not be the host that year at Arkansas, that I had been demoted to a reporter, and they didn't even have the guts to tell me.'

• +5

Lisa Cornwell of Golf Channel chats with LPGA commissioner Michael Whan as John Veihmeyer, Global Chairman of KPMG International and Chief Executive Officer of the PGA of America Pete Bevacqua look on after the Sahalee Country Club was chosen as the 2016 venue for the KPMG Women's PGA Championship at the start of the third round of the KPMG Women's PGA Championship on the West Course at the Westchester Country Club on June 13, 2015 in Harrison, New York. Whan, Veihmeyer and Bevacqua were not the subject of any sexual harassment allegations made by Cornwell or other Golf Channel employees

Things only got worse in March, when she filed her complaint with the EEOC.
      It was around that time she angered management by reporting that an LPGA player had to personally purchase clubs for an event because the sponsor failed to fulfill her request, ostensibly dismissing the player because she wasn't on the men's tour.
      Golf channel vice president and executive editor Geoff Russell reportedly called Cornwell because he was upset that she neglected to confirm the story with the club manufacturer, Mizuno.
      Cornwell, however, said she had seen numerous other similar incidents.
      Golf Channel called her home from that LPGA tournament and issued a correction, which Cornwell and others have said is misleading.
      'A man, in his 60s, who was my boss, screaming and cussing me out and sending me home over a gender-related issue from a women's golf tournament during the middle of a retaliation, gender-discrimination, EEOC case,' Cornwell said on the podcast in January. 'I don't know what organization allows that to happen but Golf Channel didn't do anything about it.'
      Hughes did not comment on the EEOC allegations to the Post because the case is still pending.

• +

Irish golfer Rory McIlroy (center left) is pictured during a Golf Channel appearance in 2019

Read more:

• ~~~~
    Last edited by 19th Hole; 03-06-21 at 12:26 PM.

carolinakid

for me to watch golf on tv is just too boring.it just take too long, i have a hard time even watching baseball as it just take sooooo long.i use to know a girl that would tape golf and watch later

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Easy money! Classic
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

BrickJames
    Action

People who don't play golf will never understand. Once you play and you understand how hard it is it's really enjoyable to watch the pros make it look easy.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

About time to cancel old grumpy white men in golf channel. The Third Reich of Sexual Harassment must come down.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    About time to cancel old grumpy white men in golf channel. The Third Reich of Sexual Harassment must come down.
    It'd be nice if those responsible for propagation of the cancel culture cleaned up their own back yard first...starting in Albany

12 Last