jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by aak114 View Post
    Limit winners 'down the road'?? They already limit winners. Had my account limited within a week of opening for betting sharp with them. WH is the absolute worst in that regard.
    They all limit..these are Euro books with Euro risk managers

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by aak114 View Post
    Limit winners 'down the road'?? They already limit winners. Had my account limited within a week of opening for betting sharp with them. WH is the absolute worst in that regard.
    Seems like it's a YMMV situation because I have not yet experienced that (IL). Then again, I lost there initially and deposited frequently before turning a winner, so maybe they're hoping I'll lose it back.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Seems like it's a YMMV situation because I have not yet experienced that (IL). Then again, I lost there initially and deposited frequently before turning a winner, so maybe they're hoping I'll lose it back.
    It's believed that your first 20 odd bets are the most important in establishing your risk rating. So that could be why for you.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They all limit..these are Euro books with Euro risk managers
    mgm seems big time most others limits cut even when losing

RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

Lots of hearsay about being "limited". Lots of "I've heard", "seems", and "sharp action". No actual details. I bet pretty big, like to think I'm pretty sharp, bet prop markets often... and the only book thats 'limited' me so far is BetMGM. I can understand why, too. It's not just like they limited me for being sharp, or that they limited quickly either... the type of action I was throwing at them was the kind they would never ever want to take or be able to handle without booking a loss... yet they are still letting me get down decent action. FanDuel is still taking all of it. I expect to be limited everywhere eventually, like I was on BOL after a few months. I got limited at the books in Vegas (all of them) for betting Summer League one year before they eventually just stopped offering lines all together for the final 2nd half of the schedule. Some of these offerings simply are not getting enough action, including the Summer League back then. Otherwise if you're betting and winning, paying insane juice on markets that have decent action on them you aren't getting limited.

I still haven't heard a single person with an actual scenario for how they were limited and how its remotely a concern for anyone who is simply 'winning'. Yet every post says 'if you win you will be limited'. Every, single, one.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It's believed that your first 20 odd bets are the most important in establishing your risk rating. So that could be why for you.
    If true, good to know. I will take that into account in the future.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    mgm seems big time most others limits cut even when losing
    Are you saying MGM isn't limiting winners and sharps? I've heard otherwise, but have no personal experience yet.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    Lots of hearsay about being "limited". Lots of "I've heard", "seems", and "sharp action". No actual details. I bet pretty big, like to think I'm pretty sharp, bet prop markets often... and the only book thats 'limited' me so far is BetMGM. I can understand why, too. It's not just like they limited me for being sharp, or that they limited quickly either... the type of action I was throwing at them was the kind they would never ever want to take or be able to handle without booking a loss... yet they are still letting me get down decent action. FanDuel is still taking all of it. I expect to be limited everywhere eventually, like I was on BOL after a few months. I got limited at the books in Vegas (all of them) for betting Summer League one year before they eventually just stopped offering lines all together for the final 2nd half of the schedule. Some of these offerings simply are not getting enough action, including the Summer League back then. Otherwise if you're betting and winning, paying insane juice on markets that have decent action on them you aren't getting limited.

I still haven't heard a single person with an actual scenario for how they were limited and how its remotely a concern for anyone who is simply 'winning'. Yet every post says 'if you win you will be limited'. Every, single, one.
    It also depends on how you define "limited". I've definitely been limited at every book I've used, in the sense that my limit is lower than it was originally. But even though it's some % below their regular max limit, it's still not that bad and there are ways around it. Further, at one book (Pointsbet) I was delayed to death. And Fanduel has me on an 18-second live bet countdown delay. Damn, but somehow I can get some good stuff there.

In my experience at the 5 IL books, Pointsbet is the worst.

How do you define "decent action" at mgm?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Are you saying MGM isn't limiting winners and sharps? I've heard otherwise, but have no personal experience yet.
    I just started playing there online but limits are big especially for futures, MGM books live in Vegas definitely take surprisingly big bets. Bet fred was a joke how fast I got limited barely bet anything

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I just started playing there online but limits are big especially for futures, MGM books live in Vegas definitely take surprisingly big bets. Bet fred was a joke how fast I got limited barely bet anything
    I don't think limits on MGM books live in Vegas bear much relation to online limits in various states. I'm more interested just in limits for regular straight wagers on basketball and football and whether and to what extent those might get limited down the road.

MGM should be going live in Illinois hopefully soon. Looking forward to it because MGM is also y go-to property in Vegas and I see that rewards can be tied together for the MLife program.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mgm seems different in Vegas vs other states

Run very differently

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    BS, they all pay in your account with two or three.

Rivers and Sugar gets my money to me the very next day. I wish you would once in a while know what the fck you are talking about. I actually squirm when I read your BS.

it is called "rush pay" and every time I used it on a weekday my money was in my checking account the next day. WTF they could not fly it to you quicker.
    AMEN on JJ Gold!!

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Sports betting dot com partnering with Caesars entertainment. Big story here.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2114

Also take a look at GMBL. Good stock with plenty of upside. Got in at 15.30; had I waited same day couldve had at 13.50-ish. Was trading over 20s last week, and has buyout potential. Im long on this, unless hits 20 again then im out and looking to come back in around 15 again, if available.

First 12