Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Draymond Green 'bout to get fined again!

....all for droppin' a little bit of truth

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Just shut up and dribble Draymond

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Whether you agree that he is under contract, a product, property of the league... Regardless of where you fall on the issue, are you really trying to tell me he's not right?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Theoretically he's right.

In reality, ya the team is > the players. Organizations and owners took the financial risk to make this league what it is.

Yes, its the players that make the game great and they're payed $10,000,000's/year for it. Doesnt mean they meed to shut up and dribble but as Booya said, just stfu and dribble.

Draymond is the biggest beneficiary in the NBA. He has rings bc of Steph, Klay and KD. He would be an average player that no one talks about if he didnt end up on that team and has likely profited over $100,000,000 in salary more than if he played for the Orlando Magic

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I think he’s a complete idiot, easily one of my top 5 least favourite active players but I start to become concerned when employment contracts require you to forfeit basic rights like freedom of speech. I’m not talking revealing trade secrecy or insider trading, my problem stems from employers restricting basic speech like
    opinion or satire etc.
    shouldn’t matter how much you make.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

In the real world when you talk shit about your employer you get in trouble...just saying...not that it’s right it just is what it is....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

These guys are lucky that they don't have to work 9 to 5 jobs for a company that doesn't care if you are there or not.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Shut up dribble all NBA players. You have a job to do on the court and you all get paid well for it. No cares what you have to say politically or otherwise. Cry me a river while you make millions. Black NBA privilege!!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Shut up dribble all NBA players. You have a job to do on the court and you all get paid well for it. No cares what you have to say politically or otherwise. Cry me a river while you make millions. Black NBA privilege!!
    These people are living on another planet when it comes to reality. It's easy to talk shit when you have large sums of money in the bank.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    These people are living on another planet when it comes to reality. It's easy to talk shit when you have large sums of money in the bank.
    God complexes and entitlement issues for sure for some. They get worshiped all day long by fans and it goes to their head.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    God complexes and entitlement issues for sure for some. They get worshiped all day long by fans and it goes to their head.
    I used to live next door to a NBA player and the amount of hoes coming and going daily was absolutely incredible. Talk about worship. All the guy did was print money, play hoops and bang his hoes. Nice guy but definitely lived on another planet.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Booya is right. Shut up and dribble. This isn't anything new in any sport. If you don't like it, go work at McDonalds.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

If you were transferring from one restaurant to another… Even McDonald’s wouldn’t pull this shit

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

If you have never worked a corporate job you wouldnt understand why Draymond is wrong

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I think he’s a complete idiot, easily one of my top 5 least favourite active players but I start to become concerned when employment contracts require you to forfeit basic rights like freedom of speech. I’m not talking revealing trade secrecy or insider trading, my problem stems from employers restricting basic speech like
    opinion or satire etc.
    shouldn’t matter how much you make.
    If you were the employer, would you still feel like you should not have the right to not pay people who shit on you in public?

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Draymond works for the biggest ball ticking organization in the softest part of our country so he can polish up his resume and go find more fruitful opportunities.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Freedom of speech comes with consequences

And Draymond is free to say whatever he would like

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Theoretically he's right.

In reality, ya the team is > the players. Organizations and owners took the financial risk to make this league what it is.

Yes, its the players that make the game great and they're payed $10,000,000's/year for it. Doesnt mean they meed to shut up and dribble but as Booya said, just stfu and dribble.

Draymond is the biggest beneficiary in the NBA. He has rings bc of Steph, Klay and KD. He would be an average player that no one talks about if he didnt end up on that team and has likely profited over $100,000,000 in salary more than if he played for the Orlando Magic
    How is Green right? Drummond told to sit. And still get paid. There's nothing wrong with that. Drummond could get injured.... and lose substantial value.

Green doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Furthermore, Green is well overpaid... his salary is ridiculous. He should just shut up.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If you were the employer, would you still feel like you should not have the right to not pay people who shit on you in public?
    In canada thats actually against the law.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

In canada thats actually against the law.
    We have anti-whistler blower discrimination laws, but even in nanny state Australia there is no protection against being sacked for just publicly saying your employer is shit.

This dude has already been fined for airing team internal matters, and carries on that it's disrespectful for the employer, paying the wages, to sit them after a trade request if they like.

Guy is a bit self entitled in his thinking there.

Be shocked if Canada really has a law to say if I make the error of putting an asshole on my payroll, I can't sack him for being an asshole after warnings and fines to stop doing something.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Green just dumb ghetto trash

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I get where you are coming from Opty, virtually any employer can fire an employee without cause but, in Canada... Ontario especially, just because your feelings are hurt as a result of someone's opinion does not constitute cause

.... leaving the employer open to all sorts of wrongful dismissal claims and suits

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

If they gave 30 of us each a team to run for a few years with the only incentive being to win and maybe a small prize, we would still act as these 'owners' who own the players a little too much, I guess...If we wanted to trade one of our players because it gave us a better chance to win, we would perhaps bench so he didn't get hurt....And if our star started acting like a fool, demanding a trade, we would be very upset as well - for a lot of reasons, not the least being that he is crashing his trade value...

This is simply a good way to run a team from a competitive standpoint, and good business. GTFO with your plantation mentality talk. Applies to perhaps a lot of jobs in this country and to a lot of minorities, but not here

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Whether you agree that he is under contract, a product, property of the league... Regardless of where you fall on the issue, are you really trying to tell me he's not right?
    is he right there is a double standards between employers and employees? yep. This is old news. Why do I want to hear another man's tears?

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    How is Green right? Drummond told to sit. And still get paid. There's nothing wrong with that. Drummond could get injured.... and lose substantial value.

Green doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Furthermore, Green is well overpaid... his salary is ridiculous. He should just shut up.
    Green wouldn't have made a roster in the 80s

I played in a city rec league in my 40s that I don't think he could compete in

A complete joke

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

God is Green dumb.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Aren't they played to pay a particular sport, not to give opinions about other players salaries, trade options etc.???? These folks are also not political analysts or host talk shows, while their playing.
    I just think a guy like Brady is a good example of a sports figure, who leaves the analysis to others. JMO.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post

Green wouldn't have made a roster in the 80s

I played in a city rec league in my 40s that I don't think he could compete in

A complete joke
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    God is Green dumb.
    Hate agreeing with these two