JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Tommy "the duke' Morrison flash back.

His life became a mess in the end and died from HIV but he was a VERY good power puncher and boxer during his prime. Check.. I really enjoyed watching this video.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Jibby, you're a fake mfer but a really good poster.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Jibby, you're a fake mfer but a really good poster.
    What does this have to do with Tommy Morrison? Trying to teach you young punks on SBR how great this boxing era was. Mike Tyson days. It's not about me with this thread.

Just for the record I don't care what anyone thinks of me on SBR.. Never did. I post the truth..

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

rocky 5

ughh

Skookum
    Skookum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6158

It's true. The young bucks have no clue. Tyson, Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, Razor Ruddock, Foreman , Michael Moorer, Lennox Lewis, Botha, Buster Douglas , Briggs, Golota! It was the best. Breaks my heart what has come of boxing. But there was a time....

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

The Fab 4

Hagler
    Sugar Ray
    Duran
    Hearns

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1165

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    The Fab 4

Hagler
    Sugar Ray
    Duran
    Hearns
    The fifth Beatle: Boom Boom

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    It's true. The young bucks have no clue. Tyson, Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, Razor Ruddock, Foreman , Michael Moorer, Lennox Lewis, Botha, Buster Douglas , Briggs, Golota! It was the best. Breaks my heart what has come of boxing. But there was a time....
    That's what I'm talking about!! What a great time for boxing. .. I loved it!!!

I didn't even know or like MMA then. MMA didn't even exist.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    The Fab 4

Hagler
    Sugar Ray
    Duran
    Hearns
    I watched all those fights as well at the edge of my seat back in the day.. Bet on them too. Marvin Hagler was my favorite. Bald tough focker that pressed forward always with the iron chin.

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-31-21 at 12:43 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Pinoy-T-X gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

how come all the usa heavy weight boxers are shetty now a days

Skookum
    Skookum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6158

There are many reasons. Don King is the biggest reason for the downfall. Corruption. Terrible fixed judges. Fighters being cheated out of their purse. A lack of hungry young fighters due to multiple social reasons. The middleweights have stayed stronger, but the heavyweight division may never recover. Don King crowned two Soviet brothers who would never fight each other; death of the heavyweight division. Boxing's decline left an opening for MMA. You know the rest. I enjoy MMA, but not 5 rounds of grappling.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

Guy had to many demons to survive this cruel world

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    There are many reasons. Don King is the biggest reason for the downfall. Corruption. Terrible fixed judges. Fighters being cheated out of their purse. A lack of hungry young fighters due to multiple social reasons. The middleweights have stayed stronger, but the heavyweight division may never recover. Don King crowned two Soviet brothers who would never fight each other; death of the heavyweight division. Boxing's decline left an opening for MMA. You know the rest. I enjoy MMA, but not 5 rounds of grappling.
    Don King did not kill boxing. Don King got fighters paid. King didn’t have to cheat fighters. They got exactly what he promised them. Fighter made a million dollars then got upset because King made 3 million. That’s his job. He’s a promoter, him and Bob Arum. Boxing is not dead. There’s just not enough compelling characters. Why. Because a lot of athletes moved into other professions. Most heavyweights ended up playing football or basketball. Welterweights moved to baseball or soccer. Tyson and Jones just had record ppv numbers and they both are on Medicaid. You find another Tyson and the box office would be off the charts. Unfortunately, you don’t see the gyms in the inner city any more. They all are now in the suburbs, where kids have too many choices.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

don king never ripped off fighters?

mac maybe you should go get your head checked make sure there arent rocks in it

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He was very underrated

TYson never wanted anything to do with fighting Tommy knew he had zero shot

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Tommy was tough as nails but loved the ladies to much and who knows what else? Didn't wear condoms and banged everyone and got HIV probably much like Magic Johnson did.

Tommy the Gun refused to take the HIV meds to help in the end and he died. I saw his full documentary that's what I took away from it.. He withered away in last days and was a shell of himself in the end. Kinda sad..

Dude was on top of the world and all the ladies liked him alot in his prime. He wasn't brain dead punch drunk stupid either at any point in life. Just had demons and insecurities.

He let himself go and fell to pieces and I think gave up on life.. Story of a life that shined bright at a time then burnt out in a hurry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Morrison

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

he would of lived if took hiv meds

Nowadays you live normal life with meds and vanishes from your system

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Tommy’s son is a boxer.

He’s 20-0 with 18 KO’s

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/699496

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    His life became a mess in the end and died from HIV but he was a VERY good power puncher and boxer during his prime. Check.. I really enjoyed watching this video.

No one has said it yet but the reason he had the nickname "The Duke" is because he (allegedly) was John Wayne's great nephew.

Tommy's wife said he never had HIV. I don't know if it's true or not but you can fast-forward through this movie if you would like to know more: