ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Sacred basketball fan's of America, please tell the NCAA...

Enough is enough, of the following.

1. WEDNESDAY'S TOP DUNKS
    This video is so funny, NOT.https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tate-seminoles

When showoff dunking starts dominating 20% of a team game called, basketball, it's time for some rule changes.
    Our sacred game of what we once called a team-game, has now evolved into little too often more like an individual show of "dunking contests."

What, or whom, is responsible for this new world of accepted basketball?
    The fans; The coaches; the NCAA; or the NBA? Surely not the

What would our greatest coach have to say about this basketball game being played today; John Wooden?

*As I mentioned before; Will this overrated style only disappear, or be ruled to a limit, say, no freelancing wide open dunking; or must we wait til a player gets his death blow with something like a broken neck?

** My favorite fantasy joke; fan's in the stands start getting so sick and tired of this routine, they uncontrollably do this...

ABEHONEST

Okay, only, it seems, John Wooden agrees?
    2008 ain't that far back when Wooden spoke on this subject:

.“Instead of dunking, Alcindor and Walton would just drop the ball over the rim,” Wooden said. “It was so pretty.”

“I disagree, said Scully.”

“That pleases me,” Wooden said.
    And...Scully said..“People are spending a lot of money to escape and be entertained,” I said. “They now have sheets falling from the scoreboard at Lakers games, highlights of great plays, music, lights out and anything it takes to put on a show.”

“That’s all right,” Wooden said. “The game hasn’t started yet. Now I know you have to do certain things to get people there, but that doesn’t make me like it.”

He’s still disappointed, he said, that he never met Mother Teresa, but he did meet Angelina Jolie.

“She’s covered in tattoos,” I said. “Was that acceptable to you?”

“Yes,” Wooden said, and he looked 10 years younger when he said it.

Then he grinned. “But she wouldn’t play for me.”

“You’d have to change if coaching again?”

Wooden smiled. “I’d have a tough time with tattoos.”

“A lot of kids have tattoos -- are you saying you wouldn’t let them play basketball?”

“They could play basketball,” he said. “Just not for me.”

I said he wouldn’t be successful if he didn’t allow his players to show some flair and keep fans entertained, and he gave me his philosophy on being successful, which doesn’t necessarily include winning -- and lost me.

“If one of my players made a fancy dunk today, I’d put him on the bench,” Wooden said.

And then a second later, he added, “I didn’t say how long he’d be on the bench.”

ABE says:" please bring Wooden's basketball philosophy back asap, at least for the time being. We can always go back to championship ducking."
    But if you do, I warn you, I will probably ...

ABEHONEST

#4. If you could institute rule changes in basketball, what would they be?
    Wooden: I'd abolish the dunk and move the 3-point line back.

ABE
    That would perfect for college and high school basketball.
    NBA, not so much, but who watches NBA anyway?

Why not hold a dunking contest before the game? Making fans happy, well, unless you lose starter with a broken..anything?
    I do believe rule # 4 will happen...someday.