Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22043

You gain NOTHING with a FG. You still need a TD either way. A 10 year old kid would make the right call here.....

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

My wife was watching next to me(she hardly ever watches football) and even she said why are they kicking it?

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22043

I will make it really simple. If you do get the ball back you will have NO timeouts left and poor field position anyway. One shot from the 8 yd line vs. going 70 yds. with no Timeouts................. And the sharpest QB on the planet only needs a first down.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    I will make it really simple. If you do get the ball back you will have NO timeouts left and poor field position anyway. One shot from the 8 yd line vs. going 70 yds. with no Timeouts................. And the sharpest QB on the planet only needs a first down.
    matt lafleur when making the call last night

Points Awarded:

SBR Tony gave pologq 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

When you figure out why most of the coaches in the NFL make highly questionable calls, let me know. Had they not screwed around and just stuck to kicking PAT's to begin with, the would have been down by 3. Head coaches are really stupid at times. They always have to prove that they know more than anyone else and they normally fail.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32858

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    Max is saying Rodgers choked ??

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Lafleur: 23 +3 =31
    Points Awarded:

Vene1616 gave Shutup 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vene1616, and seaborneq

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    When you figure out why most of the coaches in the NFL make highly questionable calls, let me know. Had they not screwed around and just stuck to kicking PAT's to begin with, the would have been down by 3. Head coaches are really stupid at times. They always have to prove that they know more than anyone else and they normally fail.
    You retarded?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

He kicked the FG because he assumed his D would stop the Bucs' offense and he was right; the refs bailed them out with a patty cake PI call.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Theres a reason it was 4th and goal, and they were losing with a few minutes left in the game.

Even if he had gone for it, Rodgers woulda fukkd it up.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    He kicked the FG because he assumed his D would stop the Bucs' offense and he was right; the refs bailed them out with a patty cake PI call.
    this was a penalty.

Last edited by Snowball; 01-25-21 at 01:36 PM.

Vene1616
    6:1 6:0 6:2
    Vene1616's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19374

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tony you couldn’t get a delivery right around the block let alone coach a football team

Leave the coaching to guys like me
    JJ do you need cash? Are you good on a scooter? I hear Glovo is hiring.

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    this was a penalty.

So was this one, but it wasn't called

SBR Tony

we can talk about this one as well

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

makes no sense

what i didnt' understand the whole game the packers were taking so much time off the play clock even down 8 late they were still huddling up and taking so much time, they wasted so many secs off the game block being so slow to get the plays off

Altuve Cedeno
    Altuve Cedeno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8266

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    that's a moot point as field position didn't really matter, as no matter what they would need get a 3 and out from their defense.

whether TB started from the 8 or from the 17 yard line. All they needed to do was get a first down and run the clock out

again I don't agree with what GB did.

but I don't think it's a decision without the benefit of hindsight, that should get lambasted as badly as it will.

going by strictly %'s in my mind. I see LaFleur as having shorted his team about 10-20% points of winning.

stick those idiot percentages where the sun don’t shine you dopey millennial. 100% chance you aren’t tying the game with a field goal down 8. You go for it 100% percent of the time. Those are the only ones that matter.

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

There were plenty of things wrong with this game. Packers D (and coaching staff) was TRASH in the first half. And then Packers offense (and coaching staff) was TRASH in the 2nd half. Brady threw 3 picks and you only had 6 points to show for it. In no circumstance does it make any sense to kick that FG on 4th and 8. Because these are the scenarios:

1) You get the TD, you get the 2-pt conversion, the game is tied and you're chillin.

2) You get the TD and miss the 2-pt conversion, and now you've gotta stop Buccs with a 3 and out and hope for a game winning FG.

3) You miss it on 4th down and you pin the Buccs in their own 10 and hope to stop them on a 3-and-out and have another chance at getting the TD.

All of these scenarios are MUCH better than kicking the FG because you're still giving an OPPORTUNITY for your team to win the game.

I'm also sour cuz i had GB +3 and the O44 in a 7 point tease and a TD woulda saved me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Tony

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

Quote Originally Posted by Totolover1409 View Post
    There were plenty of things wrong with this game. Packers D (and coaching staff) was TRASH in the first half. And then Packers offense (and coaching staff) was TRASH in the 2nd half. Brady threw 3 picks and you only had 6 points to show for it. In no circumstance does it make any sense to kick that FG on 4th and 8. Because these are the scenarios:

1) You get the TD, you get the 2-pt conversion, the game is tied and you're chillin.

2) You get the TD and miss the 2-pt conversion, and now you've gotta stop Buccs with a 3 and out and hope for a game winning FG.

3) You miss it on 4th down and you pin the Buccs in their own 10 and hope to stop them on a 3-and-out and have another chance at getting the TD.

All of these scenarios are MUCH better than kicking the FG because you're still giving an OPPORTUNITY for your team to win the game.

I'm also sour cuz i had GB +3 and the O44 in a 7 point tease and a TD woulda saved me.
    This.

Greenbay coach... so dumb.

SBR Tony

NFL Championship Sunday winners and losers: What was Matt LaFleur thinking?

LOSERS

6) Matt LaFleur

Fourth-and-goal at the 8-yard line. Just over two minutes remaining and you trail 31-23. You have Aaron Rodgers, the most talented quarterback in NFL history, in the midst of his third MVP season. And you ... kick a field goal?

What?!

You trust your defense to force a three-and-out from Tom Brady more than you trust Rodgers to get 8 yards? Just an unfathomable decision from the second-year head coach. It violated sports, math, logic, time, score, sanity and talent.

Green Bay had a golden opportunity to beat the Bucs, go to the Super Bowl and earn the proud franchise's fifth Lombardi Trophy. The biggest goat was LaFleur. Packer backers still grieve Mike McCarthy's questionable decision-making in the 2014 NFC title game loss at Seattle. This LaFleur head-scratcher will engender similar anguish for years to come.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

There were a lot of times in that game Rodgers couldnt get 8 yards. In fact, if he couldve gotten 8 yards, or maybe even 1 yard, they wouldnt have been in hat position.

At worst it was a coin flip. Brady had thrown 3 int’s, and if Rodgers couldve made a late completion it wouldnt have been 4th and goal from the 8

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I think he scores or is damn close. Arod assumed they were in 4 down territory, thought he had another play - throwing into coverage was basically a throwaway. If he knew it was score or kick, I'm sure he tries to run it in. That was the best chance to score on that particular play.
    I think you are pretty much right there. I think Suh gets him though.

Wrongside

Brady throws three picks and it's no big deal...Drive before, the FG to pull within 5, Brady goes into "don't lose rather win" mode and gets away with it. Damn, guy makes all the right moves.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Totolover1409 View Post

The call was bad, but #1 isn't quite that. Tom Brady still has 2 minutes and 3 timeouts to get a FG. TB still likely wins in that scenario.

MrDeeds
    MrDeeds's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ahhh

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Bingo; and that's assuming that GB converts the two. Either way, their D was going to have to stop the Bucs and they did but the refs came calling. Yes, he tugged his jersey on the play but the call was't holding; it was PI and it came way late after a dive by the receiver that was obvious even without replay.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Bingo; and that's assuming that GB converts the two. Either way, their D was going to have to stop the Bucs and they did but the refs came calling. Yes, he tugged his jersey on the play but the call was't holding; it was PI and it came way late after a dive by the receiver that was obvious even without replay.
    Has there been any talk about the guy's shirt that got pulled? Man, that thing was stringy - stretched a good deal from a soft tug. What kind of shirt was that?

sunshine11
    sunshine11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3097

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    coach has to get fired tonight

Rogers leaving too
    Rodgers. Not Fred Rogers.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine11 View Post
    Rodgers. Not Fred Rogers.
    Fred would have stayed in the field. Guy knows math.

lets play 83
    lets play 83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I know I'm not a coach or anything, just need someone to explain it to me

TIA
    Because TB12 is the golden boy and needed another super bowl appearance. Not only another but the first home super bowl appearance in history.

ToneKapone13
    ToneKapone13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

This is exactly that expression- if it works your a genius, if it doesn't, your a moron.

If and only if, the packers got the ball back and won in regular time (no o.t.) Lafleur would be the genius coach that pulled it off.

Yes, it didn't work out that way but if it did, he would be the man, right?

Altuve Cedeno
    Altuve Cedeno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8266

So was this one, but it wasn't called

that’s not part of the uniform he’s holding just some tshirt worn under it.....no penalty

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    this was a penalty.

They did not call the hold, they called PI afterwards.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2753

Quote Originally Posted by Jowframs View Post
    To keep 2nd Half.....UNDER
    To set up a "changing of the guard" Super Bowl while still keeping the game interesting.

First 1234