ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Gonzaga is getting complacent? Or...

They are not clicking as they were 3 weeks ago. Could it be, Suggs is not 100%? Maybe?
    They are not overly tall in height, so, if they ever play Baylor they cannot play like they have recently.
    Baylor is more athletic all-around, and have a height advantage, too.

Why does a gambler do this: Start counting your wins 3 months before it's even impossible this early to ascertain?
    I am guilty again and now the forehead wrinkles start coming to life and the stress that comes with it, too.
    Why do we do this nerve wracking stuff to our mind and physicality?

I know why I do. Do you?

ABEHONEST

This, I am not seeing right now.

Jalen Suggs has been a force for Gonzaga ... and once had potential for stardom in football as well. Kim Klement/USA TODAY Sports
    Jalen Suggs ... Ohio State quarterback?
    The Gonzaga guard was the most electric freshman in the country in the first week of the 2020-21 season, connecting on more than 68% of his shots inside the arc and going viral on social media with his above-the-rim finishes and acrobatic layups. Gonzaga has scored 125 points per 100 possessions and made 72.7% of its shots inside the arc with Suggs on the floor, per hooplens.com.

But what if Suggs were playing quarterback for Ohio State right now? Chris Goodwin, head football coach at Minnehaha Academy in Minneapolis, said it was a possibility Ohio State's staff had discussed with him when it offered Suggs a football scholarship in 2018.

"Ohio State absolutely was serious about it," he told ESPN.

Last year, Suggs became the first player in Minnesota to win the Mr. Basketball and Mr. Football awards in the same season. He was a dual-threat star at Minnehaha Academy and had offers from multiple Power 5 programs. He averaged 10.0 yards per carry as a senior. He was sacked only five times, Goodwin said, throughout his four-year career. "No one could catch him," he said. Suggs also occasionally played free safety and wide receiver for Goodwin's team. He was a force on the football field and his vision and toughness translated to the basketball court, too.

Suggs is a 6-foot-4, 205-pound guard who loves to finish through contact. In Gonzaga's first two games, he challenged Kansas' and Auburn's players with his physicality. Goodwin said he had the same tenacity on the gridiron.

"He's a huge hitter, a gigantic hitter," he said. "He would knock guys out."

But Suggs chose basketball. And now Mark Few has a player unlike any he has ever coached at Gonzaga.

ABEHONEST

Yep, this a worry because he plays all-out like few I have ever seen.
    2 injuries recently.

Gonzaga freshman Jalen Suggs missed his second consecutive game on Tuesday as he continues to recover from a right leg injury. Suggs did not play in Gonzaga's game Monday against Northern Arizona and was expected to test out the leg Tuesday against Dixie State in pregame, but ultimately did not play. He sustained the injury on Saturday in the team's 98-75 win over Virginia.

"We'll see how he does in warm-up and make a call [Tuesday on whether he plays against Dixie State]," Few said via ESPN.com on Monday after the team shellacked Northern Arizona to the tune of 88-58.

Given that Suggs wasn't ruled out until the final hour, it would seem to bode well for his long-term health and the prognosis of whatever is ailing him. But it's the second injury he's sustained this season that's caused a stir for the Bulldogs after a scary ankle injury he suffered against West Virginia. He returned to that game in the second half.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

The thing about this game is SMC is really really bad. They made like 1 FG and 5 points total in the last 12 minutes of BYU game. They may have provided a sort of blueprint here, though. If a a team with actual talent employs a similar strategy v Gonzaga in the tournament, it will make for a very uncomfortable tourney game -- those are always the toughest for Uber talented teams.
    Last edited by Wrongside; 01-17-21 at 01:37 AM.

ABEHONEST

I see. But surely Few can figure out what is ailing the Zags? I still believe Suggs just isn't up to parr right now.
    And he could be a bit intimidated, thinking about those 2 injuries in the last two weeks?
    And he has to be concerned about another injury, which could not only really damage Gonzaga, but also, his own future career?

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153468

their conference is a joke, hard for them to stay motivated.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    Sadly this is true. I follow the West Coast Conference since I went to USF but there's nobody in the conference that can push Gonzaga. Saint Mary's used to be that team but they aren't that good this year. If Gonzaga loses in the tourney this season it'll be because they weren't challenged in conference. This is probably Mark Few's best team too so if there was ever a year for them to overcome their soft conference schedule this would be it but it's tough to be ready for March after coasting through the conference portion of your schedule.

ABEHONEST

I want to watch Suggs carefully in the next game and finally see if I can get a true read on this [normally] hotshot.
    I do not believe he's able to play his best game right now?
    Is is one of my favorite players to watch since, Bird, Jordan, C.Laettner.

I was sold on this kid by watching his hs hi-lites. He's just not there now and this team is rather boring without all the tools he brings. And they need him playing his best to win the whole thing.

ABEHONEST

Last one til 3 hours

It sometimes pays do some thorough searching when you have doubts on your favorite team and players, as they start sliding backwards.
    I just went to a Gonzaga fan site, and boy, they were not happy last night at all, even though they pulled it out fairly late.
    Sumtin' is wrong, just as I stated here lately.
    See what a couple of these live-fans are believing.

A. This hasn't been a great performance for Suggs [5 errors]
    B. Suggs is flat out struggling!!
    C. And we can’t score. Not a good sign. Not a difficult game plan. We have to be able to e exited in the half court and we have to defend if we are going to be able to win six in a row in March.
    D. Agreed, this proves he must stay one more year
    And learn how to stay on his man on defense.

** This proves my worries. Suggs is probably about 75% where he should be? Legs, feet, are not in sync.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post

This.

They are a very nice team, but on any given night they can be beat by the top two or three teams in any of the power conferences.
    The Big Ten is so much deeper, same with the ACC, the Big East,

I've seen about eight Big Ten games in the past couple of weeks, the first three teams in that league can handle the Zags.

Look at my hometown UConn Huskies in the Big East.
    We're 7-1, only loss is to an 8-2 Creighton team in o/t.
    Huskies just barely cracked the top 25 last week and are best team in the nation that nobody is talking about.
    The top four teams in the Big East can give the Zags a run.

Nobody is saying they are shit, they are not, but I don't think they are a Final Four team.
    They won't be battle tested until March Madness time, and by then it'll be too late.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

ABEHONEST

Gonzaga goes as Suggs goes

Suggs is injured and Few keeps playing him? He better let the young freshman phenom rest and recover--if he can--for 2 or 3 games.
    Here some of his stats against 2 ranked teams and one not, Auburn. All 3 games at neutral floors.

Bobby Knight did the same mistake to the greatest "name and records," in Indiana high school basketball history. Damon Bailey, a true legend if there ever was one in high school hoops?
    I don't have the time to go into details, but believe me, he was far more aggressive than Few is on Suggs. And Damon himself will tell you, he never played on an elite level again after graduating from IU.

Don't ruin this kid basketball future!
    Okay, some stats in 3 earlier Gonzaga games:

Played 26 Min. , Pts.[ 12 ] 6-9 Fg. 3's 0-2 Ft. 0-1
    As.6 Rb. 4
    St.2 To. 2
    Auburn.
    Neutral Floor

Iowa. 33 min. Pts. [ 27 ] fg. 8/17,. Threes *7/10, . FT. [4/7 ] ..Rbs., 7..As. 4., 3 Sts., *To.7
    Neutral Floor

Kansas.
    Suggs
    Min. 24, Pts. [ 24 ] Fgs 9-15 Threes..2-3 Ft.4-5
    Rb.4
    *As.8 To.1
    St.2

And I do believe he was definitely injured before, or actually in one of these 3 games? And afterwards, too?
    You don't get multiple assists, total 18 above, 7/10 threes against Iowa, and then fall off like he has for several games since they payed Iowa 9 games ago?

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153468

what is his specific injury?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

this guy is obsessed

sad

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Are you new to NCAAB? Because you are acting really new. I see you proclaiming youngsters the greatest ever 4 minutes into a season and crowning the team the best ever when they haven't even signed a player. I mean come on man. If teams won national titles on recruiting classes that dipshit Calipari would have more championships than Wooden but he has jackshit. Wake up pal.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    this guy is obsessed

sad
    Hey Kid, there are some basketball fans that love this special game. Just shad'up, or join in with your basketball expertise?
    And unless Kid is blind and spoiled rotten, he can see we have some fans here?
    I will have to delete [anonymous] your name the very next time your rude ass does this?
    childish
    So we assume Kid has no money riding on Gonzaga, so he thinks it's okay to disrupt someone's thread for that childish reason?
    Do you love S. Odom?
    Opps, i couldn't wait. You should do the same.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Are you new to NCAAB? Because you are acting really new. I see you proclaiming youngsters the greatest ever 4 minutes into a season and crowning the team the best ever when they haven't even signed a player. I mean come on man. If teams won national titles on recruiting classes that dipshit Calipari would have more championships than Wooden but he has jackshit. Wake up pal.
    So you disagree?
    I explained the situation about Suggs. Now it's your time for you to turn away or comeback with a better athlete? And don't forget, barring injuries, Suggs may be just what I stated?
    This is fresh topic about Suggs/injuries and Gonzaga's future, nothing else.

Go back and find an earlier thread you don't like but you'll need to debate the topic and not just complain like you invented the sport of basketball?

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    This.

They are a very nice team, but on any given night they can be beat by the top two or three teams in any of the power conferences.
    The Big Ten is so much deeper, same with the ACC, the Big East,

I've seen about eight Big Ten games in the past couple of weeks, the first three teams in that league can handle the Zags.

Look at my hometown UConn Huskies in the Big East.
    We're 7-1, only loss is to an 8-2 Creighton team in o/t.
    Huskies just barely cracked the top 25 last week and are best team in the nation that nobody is talking about.
    The top four teams in the Big East can give the Zags a run.

Nobody is saying they are shit, they are not, but I don't think they are a Final Four team.
    They won't be battle tested until March Madness time, and by then it'll be too late.
    They handled Kansas auburn West Virginia Iowa these are all great teams as well as Virginia they destroyed these teams. I respect your analysis but lots of times your biased as fuk

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    They handled Kansas auburn West Virginia Iowa these are all great teams as well as Virginia they destroyed these teams. I respect your analysis but lots of times your biased as fuk
    Thanks, but that's your opinion and we mature folks know exactly how far those individual opinions can take you.
    And if you didn't know it, I definitely remember him being seriously injured against W.V.?

ABEHONEST

Little more proof

Yep, just as I said, Kid Suggs has yet to recuperate from those [2] injuries.

One of college basketball’s Player of the Year candidates is hurt and could miss an indefinite amount of time. Gonzaga star guard Jalen Suggs sat out the Bulldogs’ Monday matchup against Northern Arizona with an apparent right leg injury and is questionable ahead of tonight's contest versus Dixie State.

Suggs had suffered the leg injury during Gonzaga’s dominating 98-65 win over then-No.16 Virginia on Saturday in Fort Worth, Texas. He finished the night scoring eight points on 3-of-7 shooting from the field (42.9%) with seven rebounds, six assists, and four steals in 29 minutes of action.

Gonzaga head coach Mark Few said that Suggs’ leg began to bother him on the return flight home. He previously left a matchup against West Virginia after suffering a left ankle injury but was able to return to the court later in the game.

*Please get well, I not only have money riding on you but my gambling credibility, too.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

now 3 teams in the big 10 can handle them lol keep dreaming

abe who has undefeated / run the table odds cause barring major injuries thats the play imo + the usual players like duke kentucky etc looks like down years

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

they will still be wire to wire favourites

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    now 3 teams in the big 10 can handle them lol keep dreaming

abe who has undefeated / run the table odds cause barring major injuries thats the play imo + the usual players like duke kentucky etc looks like down years
    I don't understand the Q? I do know Baylor looks to be taller and more athletic than Gonzaga. They scare me and so does Texas T. and Texas. 3 Texas teams??

I also believe, dominating strength under the boards is the best weapon a team can have, and if they have a good guard or two, that should make them a favorite to get to the Sweet Sixteen and beyond.
    I strongly believe I must have Suggs as close to 100% healthy, to survive the 68 team grind.

Who's the next threat in line?

DoucheBagWhoBets
    DoucheBagWhoBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Gonzaga fixes their conference games, where you been the last decade? That's how they pay for the European pipeline and St. Mary's pays the Australians.

Zags don't wanna blow their sorry conference opponents, don't want to expose the weakness. Last game against St. Mary's score was stuck at the spread, missed dunk at the end. Beautiful thing.

DoucheBagWhoBets
    DoucheBagWhoBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

The *key inflection points during a Zag game against sorry ass teams, is the seven point rule. 14, 21, 28. When it hits that lead, depending on original spread, bet the other way on live ingame odds.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

baylor is tough but thats a ways off. last check for the title i saw gonzaga +180 followed by baylor +550 and then drops off to the big 10 teams at +1000 and up

i was asking if anyone has seen odds on them going undefeated. they had them for sdsu last year but this is virus season so maybe not

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    baylor is tough but thats a ways off. last check for the title i saw gonzaga +180 followed by baylor +550 and then drops off to the big 10 teams at +1000 and up

i was asking if anyone has seen odds on them going undefeated. they had them for sdsu last year but this is virus season so maybe not
    I'm sure thinking, Baylor's odds are too high, Gonzaga's--are you kidding me--too low.
    Too many things like injuries/virus, but we are gamblers.

ABEHONEST

This could be just what Gonzaga needs?

Their schedule says they will be off for 6 straight days. Wow, that should be a plus for sure.
    Suggs needs the healing and I see him as the genuine sparkplug on this well-balanced team.
    He's a mean motor scooter when he is in sync and flying down the court, creating many goods things for his team. Well, unless he makes too many errors and here recently he has been, but I still believe it's because he cannot coordinate all those skills together until he's near 100%?

We'll see after this rest if good things will come?