daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Will Muschamp shit canned

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/...955398144?s=09

BREAKING: #SouthCarolina has parted ways with Will Muschamp, per sources.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Doesn’t matter who the coach is for South Carolina. They will never win in the SEC

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

They were solid when spurrier was there

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

Should just trade to Michigan for Harbaugh. Those two losers keep finding jobs based off nothing like Lane Kiffin.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Doesn’t matter who the coach is for South Carolina. They will never win in the SEC
    See that's where you are wrong, they have had success and can again in the Sec with the right coach. Steve Spurrier did a hell of a job for the Gamecocks. Went 86-49 in 11 years there

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    They were solid when spurrier was there
    Yup under Spurrier they had three straight 11 win seasons and top 10 finishes. He took that program places they have never been.

Muschamp made his name as a DC but was in over his head there.

Still a very good football coach.

big joe 1212

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    See that's where you are wrong, they have had success and can again in the Sec with the right coach. Steve Spurrier did a hell of a job for the Gamecocks. Went 86-49 in 11 years there
    44-40 in SEC

I call that mediocre

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

South Carolina should be better than they are but outside of a few outliers here and there, it’s been Georgia and Florida in the East the past 20 years and that doesn’t appear to be changing anytime soon

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 758

Guy was “head coach in waiting” at Texas under Mack Brown. Florida buried him. South Carolina nail in the coffin. Should just go to conference USA and get his 9-10 wins and roll there.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153192

Clemson fans both laughing and crying about this news..

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

This couldn’t wait until the end of the season?? It doesn’t make any sense to fire anybody, take away eligibility, punish for opting out, or really take this season seriously. This is truly a freeplay year in sports. You shouldn’t lose anything when everyone is simply playing to have tv content. No one will remember who won which division or conference by new year’s eve.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Tough to win at SC. He will be let go at the end of the season.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Tough to win at SC. He will be let go at the end of the season.
    No way he coaches the rest of the season when an interim coach has already been named. He needs to clean out his office and hit the ground running to another defensive coordinator position.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9604

I'm awailwable..

Will Muschamp $15M buyout...

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2498

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    I'm awailwable..

Hell, I'm just happy and pleasantly surprised that ole Lou is still alive!...sufffferin' succotash!!!

Da Manster!

well make no mistake about it...Will Muschamp got shit canned because it's apparent and painfully obvious South Carolina is gonna make their move to sign and get Hugh Freeze from Liberty...he's won everywhere he's been and and even did a damn good and respectable job at Ole Miss...but shenanigans and payments to players and NCAA violations led to his dismissal...but he would relish the opportunity to get a second chance in the SEC.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm actually surprised by this. Of course... I don't truly follow SC ball 100%. Always thought he did a decent job. Wasn't there a ton of injuries he had to deal with?

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    well make no mistake about it...Will Muschamp got shit canned because it's apparent and painfully obvious South Carolina is gonna make their move to sign and get Hugh Freeze from Liberty...he's won everywhere he's been and and even did a damn good and respectable job at Ole Miss...but shenanigans and payments to players and NCAA violations led to his dismissal...but he would relish the opportunity to get a second chance in the SEC.
    Didn’t he buy hookers on the recruiting trail?

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    He needed some tail on the trail.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    yes, among other things...also players receiving "impermissible benefits" such as car loans and cash...and cheating on some recruits college entrance exams...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I’m not sure Freeze would take the USC job if offered. He’s got Liberty rolling, he just signed a multi year contract where he makes more money than Muschamp. USC is squeezed in recruitment by Clemson, UGA, UT, UF, FSU and Bama. They really can’t compete for talent in the area consistently. Freeze might be better off waiting another year or 2 for a much better gig, like maybe FSU or even Clemson or even Bama as Saban might retire and that could move Dabo.

I’m also not sure SEC commish would approve the hire. He did not allow Saban to hire Freeze a couple years ago. He still blames Freeze for OM sanctions. I think USC goes with Napier, although I thin Freeze is the best coach.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'm actually surprised by this. Of course... I don't truly follow SC ball 100%. Always thought he did a decent job. Wasn't there a ton of injuries he had to deal with?
    USC has given up 159 points in the last 3 games. Champ is supposed to be a defensive guy. Champ has done an awful job at USC. The fan base has totally checked out.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    USC has given up 159 points in the last 3 games. Champ is supposed to be a defensive guy. Champ has done an awful job at USC. The fan base has totally checked out.
    Mac shame on you. The real U$C is in southern california, not south carolina.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I’m not sure Freeze would take the USC job if offered. He’s got Liberty rolling, he just signed a multi year contract where he makes more money than Muschamp. USC is squeezed in recruitment by Clemson, UGA, UT, UF, FSU and Bama. They really can’t compete for talent in the area consistently. Freeze might be better off waiting another year or 2 for a much better gig, like maybe FSU or even Clemson or even Bama as Saban might retire and that could move Dabo.

I’m also not sure SEC commish would approve the hire. He did not allow Saban to hire Freeze a couple years ago. He still blames Freeze for OM sanctions. I think USC goes with Napier, although I thin Freeze is the best coach.
    Might as well stay at Liberty if he’s making more money. These guys always let their ego get in the way and then end up a middle of the pack team.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

$15mm buyout

While schools are furloughing employees

See this is the counter argument to everyone who says "pay them" are described those who think sports and athletes pay scales are out of tune and should be scaled back as "haters".

The money in sports, and the greed, is destroying our societies view of athletes and it's trickling down into academia now.

Muschamp should have never gotten such a contract, schools shouldn't even be playing sports right now and no way should the highest paid public employee in all 50 states be a sports coach....but it is and we are, only for 1 reason, MONEY.

The next time somebody holds out for more money or a player demands a trade or a kid refuses to sign or a FA leaves his team for a super squad or a beach destination think about the trickle down affect of those owners paying those contracts and giving into those demands, as it permeates colleges and in many cases high schools now. Think of the steroids and the pressure and the regiments and scrutiny that the kids are under to make money for these schools to pay idiors likes Muschamp.

Then think about the janitors, the math teachers, the student assistants and the administrators who just got laid off because the school has no money, while Muschamp collects $15mm

That's the problem with guys like Dak, AB, Lebron, AD, Bryce Harper or Machado ,etc

Those who say "let them get paid" don't understand that society cannot function if we pay uneducated men who throw balls and we don't pay academia.

Mac4Lyfe

It’s true capitalism Fats. No one is paying hundreds of dollars to see a math teacher show off math. The football team is bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars at big named schools. The football program and basketball is funding all the other sports. Hell, university buildings, new construction is because of football. The consumer has spoken with their dollars. These colleges are making a killing, everyone is getting paid but the student athlete.

Society has always functioned. It will continue to function. You will always have the rich and always have the poor. You don’t like teacher wages, then don’t become a teacher.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    $15mm buyout

While schools are furloughing employees

See this is the counter argument to everyone who says "pay them" are described those who think sports and athletes pay scales are out of tune and should be scaled back as "haters".

The money in sports, and the greed, is destroying our societies view of athletes and it's trickling down into academia now.

Muschamp should have never gotten such a contract, schools shouldn't even be playing sports right now and no way should the highest paid public employee in all 50 states be a sports coach....but it is and we are, only for 1 reason, MONEY.

The next time somebody holds out for more money or a player demands a trade or a kid refuses to sign or a FA leaves his team for a super squad or a beach destination think about the trickle down affect of those owners paying those contracts and giving into those demands, as it permeates colleges and in many cases high schools now. Think of the steroids and the pressure and the regiments and scrutiny that the kids are under to make money for these schools to pay idiors likes Muschamp.

Then think about the janitors, the math teachers, the student assistants and the administrators who just got laid off because the school has no money, while Muschamp collects $15mm

That's the problem with guys like Dak, AB, Lebron, AD, Bryce Harper or Machado ,etc

Those who say "let them get paid" don't understand that society cannot function if we pay uneducated men who throw balls and we don't pay academia.
    LOL. The players would make about $50,000 to $100,000 per year and the universities would save millions. But the school presidents, coaches and ADs would get clobbered. A head coach would be lucky to make $1,000,000.

When you are for massive corruption, you get massive corruption.

big joe 1212

I wish I could make 15 million to get fired

Roger T. Bannon

If they could get Hugh Freeze, it would be worth firing Muschamp. But Muschamp is at least a good recruiter. He did surprisingly well after Spurrier kind of ran down the program.

I doubt whoever they hire is going to recruit as well as Muschamp. But then again, I am sure they will cheat enough to sign pretty good classes. Cheating is acceptable in the SEC after all.

Roger T. Bannon

$15,000,000 is only $681,000 per starter. Just divide that by 4 and you should go 12-0.

Roger T. Bannon

If I was South Carolina, I'd hire the coach at South Carolina State give him $15,000,000 in bitcoin and say go sign yourself some players. You get a $1,000,000 bonus if you win the SEC.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Mac shame on you. The real U$C is in southern california, not south carolina.
    GTFO.....SC Gamecocks were a university, before California was even a state.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9422

These buyouts are just incredible. Muschamp already proved he wasn't head coaching material at Florida. Why would he possibly succeed at South Carolina when he couldn't win at Florida?

It's one thing if you give Urban Meyer or Saban a buyout like that, but Muschamp? Insane.

You're telling me if the AD said "OK, Will, 5-year deal with a $5M buyout," he's going to pass? Idiots.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    These buyouts are just incredible. Muschamp already proved he wasn't head coaching material at Florida. Why would he possibly succeed at South Carolina when he couldn't win at Florida?

It's one thing if you give Urban Meyer or Saban a buyout like that, but Muschamp? Insane.

You're telling me if the AD said "OK, Will, 5-year deal with a $5M buyout," he's going to pass? Idiots.
    That's the problem for these schools like South Carolina and Illinois and Kansas. They have to pay to get people that can recruit. You are not going to win with coaching.

That is why college coaches makes so much money. They are not paid to coach. They are paid to recruit and you take your chances knowing they will at least leave you with talent if it does not work out. Even if they hire someone, they are gone in 3 years.

That is the problem with paying so much money to people that make basically no difference instead of paying the people that actually win the games.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Sounds like Georgia is about to hire him