CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Buying low on the Raptors +3

They're 1-5 and look like a mess. They couldn't be playing any worse and having watched the games there's a mix of poor play, terrible ref luck and opponents clawing back in the 2H due to a variety of reasons. I do think they're better than their record though. They aren't made to shoot as many 3's as they're shooting and Nurse has to know that. Suns play a slow pace (29th in the NBA) which will benefit the Raps. When they have to run and gun vs teams I can't see them being competitive without a star player who can make shots. Depending on Lowry and Van Vleet to pull up in transition consistently is a recipe for disaster. They need to grind it out, play tough D and feed Siakam in the paint. Expect Crowder to defend Siakam which I give the adv. to Siakam. Lowry on Paul and limit Bridges from 3. Suns don't really attack the rim so keep everything outside and when they brick need a body like Len or Boucher to box out and grab a rebound which Raps have struggled with. I have faith Nurse will make these adjustments.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153420

i feel like i need to see the Raps win a few games before i can back them but do understand your thinking here. Siakam has still been struggling, not quite as badly as he was in the bubble, but still has a bit of a ways to go. overall, i just think their situation being uprooted to Tampa is a really bad one which is affecting them everywhere and they're also really missing Ibaka and Gasol

Suns defense is much improved and they're really getting after it on that end. their defensive numbers are helped by their slower pace though as you mentioned. they've also got guys steadily improving their games. just feel this game is Suns or pass with the Suns coming off a home loss while Raps traveling across the country plus the other factors already mentioned. i will say the line appears a bit suspiciously low so that would be the caution if backing the Suns

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    i feel like i need to see the Raps win a few games before i can back them but do understand your thinking here. Siakam has still been struggling, not quite as badly as he was in the bubble, but still has a bit of a ways to go. overall, i just think their situation being uprooted to Tampa is a really bad one which is affecting them everywhere and they're also really missing Ibaka and Gasol

Suns defense is much improved and they're really getting after it on that end. their defensive numbers are helped by their slower pace though as you mentioned. they've also got guys steadily improving their games. just feel this game is Suns or pass with the Suns coming off a home loss while Raps traveling across the country plus the other factors already mentioned. i will say the line appears a bit suspiciously low so that would be the caution if backing the Suns
    Yes I know the Suns want to keep that defense up. Been something they've worked on and Paul is so underrated on that end.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

gl chasing raptors ml again tonight

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153420

any thoughts on Celts +3 and Knicks +7.5? Smart and Teague might be back for Celts, Jazz in obvious bounce back spot against Knicks but that's a bunch of pts to lay

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

I think it will be a let down game for celts tonight bur I've been horrid in NBA thus far

nickfolker23
    kickers ;(
    nickfolker23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    gl chasing raptors ml again tonight

going down with ship you guys!

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

like the play canuck...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Canuck do not push it now

CanuckG

JJ call me

CanuckG

This is a L. Books didnt need the Raps to cover I guess.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

They played pretty good. They are a just a few plays away from winning some games. Assists and free throws needed to be better but otherwise they played pretty damm good.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

Haven't seen them play much this year, what's going on with them right now?