semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18983

If the Eagles were Hell bent on losing they could have been far more obvious about it. They could have started Sudfeld and even more back-ups. The HC made a bad in-game decision that looks worse by the cold light of day. Hurts wasn't playing well and the outcome could have been different. Frankly i'm more interested in what the reaction would have been if the Eagles had somehow won the game. If the Eagles had stuck with Hurts and lost there would have been some people saying they should have switched to Sudfeld.

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    They picked hurts in the second round because Sudfield is a good backup quarterback, he’s not a starter. Wentz can’t stay healthy and isn’t playing well so they wanted to get a potential new starting quarterback.

Teams dont place second round tenders on trash players dumb shit. Nothing I typed was a lie you are a dumb shit.
    Wentz started and played all 16 games in 2019 until Clowney landed on his skull.

Wentz started and played every single game this year and was the most hit and most sacked QB in the league until he got benched.

But he can't stay healthy.

That argument is as tired as your responses are Morino, and don't even think for a second that you have watched more Eagles games than me.

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    If the Eagles were Hell bent on losing they could have been far more obvious about it. They could have started Sudfeld and even more back-ups. The HC made a bad in-game decision that looks worse by the cold light of day. Hurts wasn't playing well and the outcome could have been different. Frankly i'm more interested in what the reaction would have been if the Eagles had somehow won the game. If the Eagles had stuck with Hurts and lost there would have been some people saying they should have switched to Sudfeld.
    No reason to switch to Sudfeld, no matter how Hurts was playing.

Then again, according to Morino in post #40 "The issue is it made no sense to throw him in late in the game when he obviously didn’t know the offense.........." - which is interesting since even Morino admits that Sudfeld has been on the team since 2017. And since Morino watches so many Eagles games then Morino would know that Sudfeld is Wentz's GO TO GUY every time Carson comes off the field and is his NUMBER ONE GUY going over the offense with him on the iPad after every single offensive series - he's literally been sitting next to him on the bench for 4 years now.

Enikk
    Enikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Philly defense played their asses off minus the dumb offsides play at the end. Hurts was terrible due to Pederson's play calling and Sudfeld had no shot at all when he came in as I believe his 1st drive started deep in own territory on 10 yard line, the play calling sucked, and the rest of the offense gave up when Hurts got pulled. Pederson blew game with Eagles last possession of 1st half with 4 pt lead with play calling knowing Skins(yes I said skins) had all 3 time outs and were getting ball start 2nd half. In the 2nd half Eagles had gift int setting up a 1st and goal from 4 yard line. 4 of the worst possible plays were called by Pederson. Did you see them pound it 4 times or have a QB draw or hit their TE. No, everything was a rollout going backwards or Hurts holding on to ball too long. Your on the fvcking 4 yard line. I wasn't mad they went for it. The play calling was pathetic. I had 1k on the live mL plus 300. I shouldn't have been greedy and took the no doubt plus 7 pts. Skins are terrible but Chase Young is a beast. Don't be surprised when they cover against Tampa and books take all Joe publics money. Skins plus pts is biggest gift on the board.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18983

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Mush4Life View Post

Then again, according to Morino in post #40 "The issue is it made no sense to throw him in late in the game when he obviously didn’t know the offense.........." - which is interesting since even Morino admits that Sudfeld has been on the team since 2017. And since Morino watches so many Eagles games then Morino would know that Sudfeld is Wentz's GO TO GUY every time Carson comes off the field and is his NUMBER ONE GUY going over the offense with him on the iPad after every single offensive series - he's literally been sitting next to him on the bench for 4 years now.

I wouldn't have switched to Sudfeld. To me the only sensible reasons to pull a rookie QB from a meaningless Week 17 game are to protect him from injury or a situation that could cause his regression. I thought it was a poor decision with little or no upside. I haven't read the comments by the poster you mentioned. Nor am I going to.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

The NFL Should Punish the Eagles For Their Shameful Display in Week 17
    The Eagles seemingly had no interest in winning on Sunday, and the NFL should let teams know that isn't acceptable.

After the game, Eagles coach Doug Pederson said, "That was my decision solely. Nate has been here for four years and I felt he deserved an opportunity to get some snaps. If there's anything out there that thinks I was not trying to win the game ... [Zach] Ertz is out there, Brandon Graham is out there, Darius Slay is out there. All of our top guys are still on the field at the end."

What a joke

harthebar

Quote Originally Posted by Enikk View Post
    Philly defense played their asses off minus the dumb offsides play at the end. Hurts was terrible due to Pederson's play calling and Sudfeld had no shot at all when he came in as I believe his 1st drive started deep in own territory on 10 yard line, the play calling sucked, and the rest of the offense gave up when Hurts got pulled. Pederson blew game with Eagles last possession of 1st half with 4 pt lead with play calling knowing Skins(yes I said skins) had all 3 time outs and were getting ball start 2nd half. In the 2nd half Eagles had gift int setting up a 1st and goal from 4 yard line. 4 of the worst possible plays were called by Pederson. Did you see them pound it 4 times or have a QB draw or hit their TE. No, everything was a rollout going backwards or Hurts holding on to ball too long. Your on the fvcking 4 yard line. I wasn't mad they went for it. The play calling was pathetic. I had 1k on the live mL plus 300. I shouldn't have been greedy and took the no doubt plus 7 pts. Skins are terrible but Chase Young is a beast. Don't be surprised when they cover against Tampa and books take all Joe publics money. Skins plus pts is biggest gift on the board.
    Philly D. Did play there asses off. All the coach. Poor decision s. On prime time. Just like the the entire year
    Just think the NFL flexed this game. For prime time

harthebar

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

yeah good post Hart. no doubt.

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Terrible look for the organization and League. I expect nothing less..

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    The NFL Should Punish the Eagles For Their Shameful Display in Week 17
    The Eagles seemingly had no interest in winning on Sunday, and the NFL should let teams know that isn't acceptable.

After the game, Eagles coach Doug Pederson said, "That was my decision solely. Nate has been here for four years and I felt he deserved an opportunity to get some snaps. If there's anything out there that thinks I was not trying to win the game ... [Zach] Ertz is out there, Brandon Graham is out there, Darius Slay is out there. All of our top guys are still on the field at the end."

What a joke
    Ha! Yea Ertz was out there - With no way of seeing the ball... Comical! Glad the Philly players are as pissed the G-men - That was a travesty!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wentz started and played all 16 games in 2019 until Clowney landed on his skull.

Wentz started and played every single game this year and was the most hit and most sacked QB in the league until he got benched.

But he can't stay healthy.

That argument is as tired as your responses are Morino, and don't even think for a second that you have watched more Eagles games than me.
    Wentz has been hurt almost every year he’s started for the eagles dumb shit, he’s been healthy all year in the regular season one time, last year, when he go hurt in the first quarter of the playoff game. Hard to believe someone is this stupid.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

They changed the offense for hurts dumb shit, hurts is a mobile quarterback, Sudfield is not. It was also obvious Sudfield didn’t get any reps in practice, he didn’t know the snap count and wasn’t ready to play.

harthebar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Ha! Yea Ertz was out there - With no way of seeing the ball... Comical! Glad the Philly players are as pissed the G-men - That was a travesty!
    Are any eagles players coming out. Bitching about the gsme

First ... 2345