1. #1
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 57,239

    Bitcoin Price Tracking & Discussion -- 2021

    Jan 1st 2019 = $3,738.11

    Jan 2nd 2020 = $7,154.33


    Jan 1st 2021

    $29,600

  2. #2
    StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-09-10
    Posts: 10,896
    Betpoints: 15705

    Atta boy slammin' sammy

    We got this.

  3. #3
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 22,685
    Betpoints: 25

    30k here we come!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/11/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  4. #4
    JohnGalt2341
    THE BLOOM ON THE ROSE IS OFT NOT WET
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 7,635
    Betpoints: 324

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Jan 1st 2019 = $3,738.11

    Jan 2nd 2020 = $7,154.33


    Jan 1st 2021

    $29,600
    I've never used bitcoin as an investment tool until just recently so... I'm not very good at navigating through the Blockchain website. How do I figure out what my account was at a year/or month ago?

  5. #5
    ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-10
    Posts: 4,906
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Jan 1st 2019 = $3,738.11

    Jan 2nd 2020 = $7,154.33


    Jan 1st 2021

    $29,600
    January 1st 2022?

  6. #6
    MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-20-09
    Posts: 4,860
    Betpoints: 1185

    Let’s fukkin go
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/11/2021


  7. #7
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 15,651
    Betpoints: 8885

    I have an incredibly dumb question for u. Does the MICKEY refer to:
    1) Mantle?
    2) Ward?
    3) Hatcher?
    4) Rivers?
    5) "...I slipped him a MICKEY"? Ala George Costanza, haha.

    $30
    Angelman
    donation 12/30/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  8. #8

  9. #9
    MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-20-09
    Posts: 4,860
    Betpoints: 1185

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I have an incredibly dumb question for u. Does the MICKEY refer to:
    1) Mantle?
    2) Ward?
    3) Hatcher?
    4) Rivers?
    5) "...I slipped him a MICKEY"? Ala George Costanza, haha.
    @ #5. Is that Constanza over there? George quitting and then just showing up at work again is a boss move, I actually had a buddy who did that.

    Mantle is the answer tho.
    Points Awarded:

    ChuckyTheGoat gave MickeyMan 640 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/11/2021


  10. #10
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 8,970
    Betpoints: 184

    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but here's some humor in the midst of the bull run

    https://mashable.com/article/john-**...hree-year-bet/
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/21/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  11. #11
    nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-27-06
    Posts: 7,724

    Just bc it has gone up, does not mean it will continue to.

  12. #12
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 15,651
    Betpoints: 8885

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    @ #5. Is that Constanza over there? George quitting and then just showing up at work again is a boss move, I actually had a buddy who did that.

    Mantle is the answer tho.
    Awesome! Thanks for quenching my curiosity.

    Happy 2021, Mick.
    Points Awarded:

    MickeyMan gave ChuckyTheGoat 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    $30
    Angelman
    donation 12/30/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  13. #13
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 57,239

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post


    30k here we come!

    Flirting with it...

  14. #14
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 22,685
    Betpoints: 25

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Flirting with it...
    $29,736.20
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/11/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  15. #15
    pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-03-19
    Posts: 5,177
    Betpoints: 2176

    $30,301.00!!!
    Points Awarded:

    JAKEPEAVY21 gave pablo222 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  16. #16
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 22,685
    Betpoints: 25

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    $30,301.00!!!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/11/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  17. #17
    pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-03-19
    Posts: 5,177
    Betpoints: 2176

    $30,932.32...

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  18. #18
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 19,539
    Betpoints: 83

    I'd like to say congrats to you guys who have hung in there

    I might have beem more inclined to leaving my money in there if it weren't for so many bad experiences with Coinbase.

    I almost blame them directly
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/21/2021


  19. #19
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 550
    Betpoints: 6579

    $30,698

    Again, there was a huge buy wall of about $12M at the 30K mark and it just got obliterated. It's like there's a magic bitcoin angel pushing the price past these landmarks. Check out the BGD (big, green d*ldo) on the charts....

    We're starting to get in territory where +/- $1k is a yawner....
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021


  20. #20
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 550
    Betpoints: 6579

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I've never used bitcoin as an investment tool until just recently so... I'm not very good at navigating through the Blockchain website. How do I figure out what my account was at a year/or month ago?
    This might help.

    https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/
    Points Awarded:

    JohnGalt2341 gave Arky 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021


  21. #21
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 22,685
    Betpoints: 25

    Do you entertain cashing out if you could pay off your mortgage in full?

    I know what eddycash's answer would be but would like some other opinions.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/11/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  22. #22
    pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-03-19
    Posts: 5,177
    Betpoints: 2176

    $31,300.00
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  23. #23
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 22,685
    Betpoints: 25

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    $31,300.00
    Points Awarded:

    pablo222 gave JAKEPEAVY21 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    pablo222 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/11/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  24. #24
    Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-08-10
    Posts: 3,663
    Betpoints: 21193

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    One word - Parabolic !
    Points Awarded:

    ChuckyTheGoat gave Iona 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  25. #25
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 8,970
    Betpoints: 184

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Do you entertain cashing out if you could pay off your mortgage in full?

    I know what eddycash's answer would be but would like some other opinions.
    That's a loaded question Peavy. If it's a primary residence perhaps, if it's a rental property then it would depend on the tenants and this covid craze. In the end only you can make that decision based on your unique situation. There is no universal right answer, only the ones that let you sleep better
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/21/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  26. #26
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 550
    Betpoints: 6579

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Do you entertain cashing out if you could pay off your mortgage in full?

    I know what eddycash's answer would be but would like some other opinions.
    Mine was been paid off about 15 years ago. Now, I just pay utilities, insurance, county taxes and maintenance.

    You should certainly consider it. Everyone's situation is different. For example, if Bitcoins 10x's from your cost basis, the IRS is gonna dent that. If you've had it longer than a year, you pay a capital gains tax of 20% so the 10x is now 8x. If you've owned the Bitcoin less than a year, you pay a capital gains tax of like 33% (35%? I forget the exact number). So, what was 10x is now down to 6.5x or 7x. You'll have to make a business decision based on future savings vs. liquidating all or part your crypto all the while keeping Uncle Sam happy. I would tend to lean towards the decision that maintains a healthy supply of crypto. What do you think the price of Bitcoin will be in 10 years? It might be better to sell nothing and wait 2 more cycles down the line... Ultimately, it's your decision...
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021


  27. #27
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 22,685
    Betpoints: 25

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    That's a loaded question Peavy. If it's a primary residence perhaps, if it's a rental property then it would depend on the tenants and this covid craze. In the end only you can make that decision based on your unique situation. There is no universal right answer, only the ones that let you sleep better
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Mine was been paid off about 15 years ago. Now, I just pay utilities, insurance, county taxes and maintenance.

    You should certainly consider it. Everyone's situation is different. For example, if Bitcoins 10x's from your cost basis, the IRS is gonna dent that. If you've had it longer than a year, you pay a capital gains tax of 20% so the 10x is now 8x. If you've owned the Bitcoin less than a year, you pay a capital gains tax of like 33% (35%? I forget the exact number). So, what was 10x is now down to 6.5x or 7x. You'll have to make a business decision based on future savings vs. liquidating all or part your crypto all the while keeping Uncle Sam happy. I would tend to lean towards the decision that maintains a healthy supply of crypto. What do you think the price of Bitcoin will be in 10 years? It might be better to sell nothing and wait 2 more cycles down the line... Ultimately, it's your decision...
    Thanks for the opinions fellas...we are about halfway there just posing a hypothetical question. I don't think I'd ever fully cash out.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/11/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  28. #28
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 8,970
    Betpoints: 184

    Let's say you don't report btc holdings on your tax returns this year with intentions to cash out years down the road. What would be the harm in reporting your hold later? They are after all looking for real criminals, not a civilian looking to cash out and stiff uncle sam.

    Would the IRS really dig into the blockchain to find out how long you've actually held the coins? The question they pose this yr is like bookmark for anyone who answers yes so that they have you in their records. Would they really dig into it for tax purposes? Let's say you own more than the average person, enough to get flagged.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/21/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  29. #29
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 15,651
    Betpoints: 8885

    4-3-2-1:

    Points Awarded:

    JAKEPEAVY21 gave ChuckyTheGoat 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    $30
    Angelman
    donation 12/30/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  30. #30
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 15,651
    Betpoints: 8885

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    @ #5. Is that Constanza over there? George quitting and then just showing up at work again is a boss move, I actually had a buddy who did that.

    Mantle is the answer tho.
    *Nismo paid +300.

    New contestant = MICKEY MAN.

    *Target = 32,000. +320, if we touch by 1/3 (1159pm Eastern). 2x to +640, if we can do it by 1/2 (1159pm Eastern).

    Very heady stuff. We need to call on a dude who hit 535 HR and won 7 WS.

    $30
    Angelman
    donation 12/30/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  31. #31
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 22,685
    Betpoints: 25

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    4-3-2-1:

    Ed Harris is a damn good actor. Pretty sure he is dying of cancer, sad.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/11/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  32. #32
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 15,651
    Betpoints: 8885

    Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    $30,698

    Again, there was a huge buy wall of about $12M at the 30K mark and it just got obliterated. It's like there's a magic bitcoin angel pushing the price past these landmarks. Check out the BGD (big, green d*ldo) on the charts....

    We're starting to get in territory where +/- $1k is a yawner....
    Ya, go to bed. And the price leapfrogs a full 1k increment.
    Points Awarded:

    pablo222 gave ChuckyTheGoat 31 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    $30
    Angelman
    donation 12/30/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  33. #33
    Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-11-11
    Posts: 520
    Betpoints: 6662

    Never thought I'd see $25k, let alone almost 31K now. Is $50K a possibility by the end of the month?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/21/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021


  34. #34
    mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 10,793
    Betpoints: 14

    I did a $300 SBR order when it was just a little over $26K. Still waiting in my order to process. I’m sure once it does, it will be at the time it falls 50%.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  35. #35
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 19,539
    Betpoints: 83

    See this is what pisses me off

    Bought and sent this morning going on 4hrs

    Still waiting on 3rd confirmation to complete
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/21/2021


1234 ... Last
Top