trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10218

Next few days are pretty big for BTC....we've held this trendline since March 2020..every legit bounce to new highs has occurred after reclaiming above Daily 20 SMA....if we fail this likely nukes back to 30k area again

trobin31

Forgot to mention but they are dragging the trope of crypto exchange CEOs before the house finance committee next week....I don’t think headlines will be good...just a guess lol

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Forgot to mention but they are dragging the trope of crypto exchange CEOs before the house finance committee next week....I don’t think headlines will be good...just a guess lol
    one headline i saw was something like 'The crypto world thought they could pull a fast one on the SEC, but now they want answers." or something like that.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

[HEAVY META

How virtual real estate is creating real-world value in the metaverse

Even though Facebook has gone all in on Meta, most of us aren’t exactly living in the metaverse quite yet (unless you count Zoom meetings). But at least one segment of our future digital universe is attracting some pretty tangible valuations — this past week saw record-breaking NFT real estate sales in virtual worlds like Decentraland and crypto games like Axie Infinity. So why are people shelling out for digital properties? And what exactly is the metaverse? Let’s dig in.

A plot of virtual real estate in the 3D world Decentraland just sold for $2.43 million, more than doubling the previous record from June. The buyer, Decrypt reports, was an “NFT-based virtual real estate company” called Metaverse Group, which intends to use the property to "facilitate fashion shows and commerce within the exploding digital fashion industry.”
    The NFT game Axie Infinity also set a new record, after “extremely rare” in-game land sold for $2.48 million. The virtual “Genesis” property is highly desirable for its central location on the game’s map and its scarcity — there are only 220 Genesis plots within the game’s 90,601 plots. The trailblazing play-to-earn game, which involves raising and battling Pokémon-like creatures called Axies and earning crypto rewards, was the best-selling NFT collection in the third quarter of 2021, with trade volumes topping $2.5 billion.
    But what is the metaverse, exactly? Depends on who you ask. The word “metaverse” comes from sci-fi pioneer Neal Stephenson’s 1992 cyberpunk novel Snow Crash, and most people seem to agree that the metaverse will one day evolve into an all-encompassing, persistent virtual world like the one that Ready Player One imagines. For now, it’s a catchall term for technologies that point in that direction, including everything from people in Venezuela making a living playing Axie Infinity, to virtual fashion shows in Decentraland, to legacy brands like Nike pursuing virtual goods.
    Why it matters… The metaverse is already seriously valuable territory — a recent report from crypto-fund giant Grayscale pegged the total market value somewhere north of $1 trillion. And with many of the world’s biggest companies making serious metaverse plays, that number seems likely to grow. It’s also worth noting that — despite the recent buzz — immersive digital universes have existed before. As The Wall Street Journal notes: “Some of what’s been said about the metaverse in the past year could be ripped straight from the late 2000s, when proto-metaverse Second Life enabled, for millions of users, much of what is currently claimed as new.”]

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    one headline i saw was something like 'The crypto world thought they could pull a fast one on the SEC, but now they want answers." or something like that.
    Yeah if we get a giga pump over the weekend I am GG on my trade positions

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Agree. What was conceived as a tool to money freedom could easily morph into the worst type of Big Brother tracking and control tool ever.

Hopefully enough people recognize and reject that that it forces the central bankers to create something people can have confidence in not ending up that way.

Interesting times
    With all the big banks and some major hedge funds all showing huge interest this past year, and creating new branches or departments dedicated solely to crypto, it makes one wonder what's the bigger plan?

First off: There's nothing stopping them from creating their own blockchain(s) and coins/tokens.

Second: They could slowly buy up the majority of existing coins/tokens of the most popular ones, either individually or collectively, and then team up to manipulate the prices and slowly force regular folks to sell and/or give up their remaining coins/tokens, and once they have a controlling share, they can shut it all down if they wanted, or consolidate and even rename and/or revalue all of it. Or if they have created their own blockchain(s) and coins/tokens, make theirs the main one(s).

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15108

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    [HEAVY META

How virtual real estate is creating real-world value in the metaverse

Even though Facebook has gone all in on Meta, most of us aren’t exactly living in the metaverse quite yet (unless you count Zoom meetings). But at least one segment of our future digital universe is attracting some pretty tangible valuations — this past week saw record-breaking NFT real estate sales in virtual worlds like Decentraland and crypto games like Axie Infinity. So why are people shelling out for digital properties? And what exactly is the metaverse? Let’s dig in.

A plot of virtual real estate in the 3D world Decentraland just sold for $2.43 million, more than doubling the previous record from June. The buyer, Decrypt reports, was an “NFT-based virtual real estate company” called Metaverse Group, which intends to use the property to "facilitate fashion shows and commerce within the exploding digital fashion industry.”
    The NFT game Axie Infinity also set a new record, after “extremely rare” in-game land sold for $2.48 million. The virtual “Genesis” property is highly desirable for its central location on the game’s map and its scarcity — there are only 220 Genesis plots within the game’s 90,601 plots. The trailblazing play-to-earn game, which involves raising and battling Pokémon-like creatures called Axies and earning crypto rewards, was the best-selling NFT collection in the third quarter of 2021, with trade volumes topping $2.5 billion.
    But what is the metaverse, exactly? Depends on who you ask. The word “metaverse” comes from sci-fi pioneer Neal Stephenson’s 1992 cyberpunk novel Snow Crash, and most people seem to agree that the metaverse will one day evolve into an all-encompassing, persistent virtual world like the one that Ready Player One imagines. For now, it’s a catchall term for technologies that point in that direction, including everything from people in Venezuela making a living playing Axie Infinity, to virtual fashion shows in Decentraland, to legacy brands like Nike pursuing virtual goods.
    Why it matters… The metaverse is already seriously valuable territory — a recent report from crypto-fund giant Grayscale pegged the total market value somewhere north of $1 trillion. And with many of the world’s biggest companies making serious metaverse plays, that number seems likely to grow. It’s also worth noting that — despite the recent buzz — immersive digital universes have existed before. As The Wall Street Journal notes: “Some of what’s been said about the metaverse in the past year could be ripped straight from the late 2000s, when proto-metaverse Second Life enabled, for millions of users, much of what is currently claimed as new.”]
    Land in Decentralland and The Sandbox is becoming more and more valuable as celebrities have entered the space. Axie Infinity has a huge player base and that's become popular. Other gaming land will be the next to create millionaires such as land in Illivium. The next boom after that will be sites that bring augmented reality to the metaverse. I see the land there being very valuable.

raiders72001

Govt has had a working group on migration from hard currency to electronic for a while already.

They wont let the USD just crash n burn. I believe it will just move to a crypto version itself.
    Definitely see a transition to a national digital currency in the US. Bitcoin can't be stopped but the US isn't going to allow privacy coins.

onetrikpony
    onetrikpony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2480

Bitcoin volatility imminent as US banks look to recognize $BTC as collateral for institutional loans! Analyzing on-chain data and long term trends. Is the BTC super cycle still possible?

Fear and Greed Index for 12/3 next update happens Friday 12/3 and everyday at 7 pm eastern Midnight UTC
    Historical Values
    Now
    Fear
    Yesterday
    Fear
    Last week
    Neutral
    Last month
    Extreme Greed

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Definitely see a transition to a national digital currency in the US. Bitcoin can't be stopped but the US isn't going to allow privacy coins.
    For sure. China will probably look open minded in comparison to US trying to wipe out competition for it's own digital dollar.

I suspect the market will adapt to whatever they do anyway though.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 983

Raiders my betcoin now limited to 50 Dmbtc a play. No one wants my action I dont get it lol.

cloudbet you heard of them?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Raiders my betcoin now limited to 50 Dmbtc a play. No one wants my action I dont get it lol.

They take huge bets and not much kyc, until they do. So they attract a lot of funny money, which results in them seeming to be overly suspicious sometimes when any sort of problem comes up.

trobin31

We are either on cusp of nuking or greatness...the anticipation is making me moist

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post

I'd stay away from Cloudbet. Send a support ticket over to Betcoin and tell them who you are.

trobin31

Okay, not words you probably want to hear, but BTC is in a really bad spot, lost an anchor support which has held since March 2020...I don’t see whale wallets coming in heavily...

I know a lot of on chain metrics outside of Pi Cycle haven’t called the top....but TA is BAE and these on chain metrics can’t compare to 100 years of technical analysis.

anyway, if we can regain 55k and lift off then sweet, but if we get rejected I’ll likely sell half my BTC bags to reload the bottom.

shorts are already piling in like retards so we may get a fake out short squeeze which would be nice, but regaining 55-59k is critical or it’s GG...

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 983

They take huge bets and not much kyc, until they do. So they attract a lot of funny money, which results in them seeming to be overly suspicious sometimes when any sort of problem comes up.
    it's funny I'm getting limited on these coin sites without kyc faster then the kyc regular fiat sites it doesn't make much sense. Stake I'm down to .1 LTC max after they asked me to kyc I don't get it going back to pinnacle soon just liked betting the coins over using fiat

Lex_icon
    Lex_icon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11491

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24625

Yes, lex. A few comments:

1) Holy shit, Volatility thru the Roof.

2) Not opining on whether this thing is going Up or Down.

3) Just remember one thing: Any time you watch a video where someone is giving an opinion...there's a reason for it. They're trying to form YOUR opinion.

ChuckyTheGoat

Would like to see a website with:

*Michael Saylor: Blood Pressure monitor.

Imagine the swings this guy goes thru.

onetrikpony

leverage liquidations,evergrande again, weekend manipulation,omicron scare who the hell knows We will overcome this and rise from the ashes

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”-Mike Tyson.

I think Iron Mike clearly nailed it when he said those eleven words. They speak volumes in life as they do in business. Even the best strategists have to be prepared for the unexpected.

Core holdings fine as avg cost on btc eth dot ksm aave luna sol and most other majors low enough this dip is nothing. Some stops hit on lower cap alts but that is just forced profit taking
    Plenty in reserve to buy lower.I'm not scared
    Points Awarded:

raiders72001 gave onetrikpony 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Bitcoin going down fast. It will go down even more tomorrow and by Monday morning will only by worth about 2 cents. Have a nice weekend.

ChuckyTheGoat

M78...you win this round FOR SURE. Have a nice wkend, pal. Hope I have a few bucks left by SUN nite.
    Points Awarded:

raiders72001 gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

raiders72001

raiders72001

Some whales just made a lot of money. Crazy one hour movements.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

Some whales just made a lot of money. Crazy one hour movements.
    +12% off the bottom.

onetrikpony

This isn't fun and no body likes to see portfolio down 25% in a day it is especially painful for new people in crypto but some of us remember this
    For those of you who were not holding Bitcoin in March 2020, this is kinda what it felt like (lite version).Except back then we sold off 38% in a day after an attempted recovery from a 2yr long bear market, rather than today's 21% from near ATHs.

March 12-13 bitcoin was under $4000, Eth was $100-$125, BNB in $10 range, ADA .03,Link $2, things like DOGE were almost free .0011 and the list goes on and on Those are the times to buy .Someone on one of these crypto threads wanted to know how you become a crypto millionaire.That is when millions can be made.That is when you buy as much as you can That is why a 30% or even a 50% dip at this point in the game doesn't faze us.

raiders72001

Starting to get news on what happened. $1.7b BTC longs were liquidated.

ChuckyTheGoat

Thx, Raiders. Plz tell more. What do u think the implications are?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Quote Originally Posted by onetrikpony View Post
    This isn't fun and no body likes to see portfolio down 25% in a day it is especially painful for new people in crypto but some of us remember this
    For those of you who were not holding Bitcoin in March 2020, this is kinda what it felt like (lite version).Except back then we sold off 38% in a day after an attempted recovery from a 2yr long bear market, rather than today's 21% from near ATHs.

March 12-13 bitcoin was under $4000, Eth was $100-$125, BNB in $10 range, ADA .03,Link $2, things like DOGE were almost free .0011 and the list goes on and on Those are the times to buy .Someone on one of these crypto threads wanted to know how you become a crypto millionaire.That is when millions can be made.That is when you buy as much as you can That is why a 30% or even a 50% dip at this point in the game doesn't faze us.
    That's why I have a solid investment rule for everyone to never buy after an all time has been reached.
    When Bitcoin reached an all time high on November 8th, don't buy any crypto past November 8th until the market crashes in a bear market which is happening now.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Thx, Raiders. Plz tell more. What do u think the implications are?
    Wish that I knew. My game is to get in the proper sector before mainstream YouTubers (DeFi then metaverse) and picking the best coins within that sector. Also, I feel that I have a good handle in the short term based on current news along with on-chain metrics. Right now I'm stumped. The only thing that I feel very confident in that it's best to be in BTC and metaverse/gaming. At this time, there isn't much upside to getting in other coins but there is a big downside. On the other hand, nothing is going to stop the best gaming tokens with utility.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 12-04-21 at 05:32 AM.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

Those assholes just took all my profits overnight lol, unreal. I bought in @ 47k. The wealthy will always have an advantage in any market.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Sorry family, no Xmas presents this year...have to buy the dip.
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave bigtymer56 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

raiders72001 gave bigtymer56 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

This is a Biggie12 whale payout party going on right now. Congrats the rich get richer !

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave JAKEPEAVY21 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bigtymer56 gave JAKEPEAVY21 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25242

Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave pablo222 9 Betpoint(s) for this post.

teacher10 gave pablo222 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

First ... 160161162163164165166 ... Last