pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25534

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    What a burial.
    I am blaming this on you Chucky.

You never set your next target.

I am not sure what is going on right now but if I had to guess, I think we will end the day above 50k
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Sam, what do u make of these fluctuations?

Can your old-man heart handle all this excitement?

Sammy is good...

What does he think? Had to happen but might be a buying opp soon

Sam Odom

45K today ???

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Sammy is good...

What does he think? Had to happen but might be a buying opp soon
    U might need to call the ER for me. Just hope I don't need a mortician.
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave ChuckyTheGoat 9 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    I am blaming this on you Chucky.

You never set your next target.

I am not sure what is going on right now but if I had to guess, I think we will end the day above 50k
    Honestly, I was going to. Then, it dipped off 58. Was going to wait until it got back to 58!

pablo222

U might need to call the ER for me. Just hope I don't need a mortician.
    Take a baby aspirin and a shot of something strong.

I am heading out ice fishing and leaving my phone home. I am not a big fan of rollercoasters.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

This was from a few years ago, a brutal memory but funny nonetheless..

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat, and DwightShrute

Sam Odom

nice to see the bounce back after the low... but

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

It’s already recovering we are good, 54-55k by days end.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    This was from a few years ago, a brutal memory but funny nonetheless..

Great clip. Yes, memorable.

Could re-do it and just change the $$ figures.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave ChuckyTheGoat 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21 gave ChuckyTheGoat 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21 gave ChuckyTheGoat 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

I wonder if Elon musk's recent comments suggesting the price of Bitcoin "seems high", had anything to do with this?

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Great clip. Yes, memorable.

Could re-do it and just change the $$ figures.
    best clip ever bringing good old times

absolute legendary bounce back right now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

I wonder if Elon musk's recent comments suggesting the price of Bitcoin "seems high", had anything to do with this?
    Damnit Elon . But seriously, hasn't he said the same about Tesla in the past?

Imagine alot of leverage traders who were long on BTC, and other cryptos got wiped out. Sure exchanges are loving this drop.

Also, if you want to transact on ETH today, RIP. Fees are sky high right now.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Damnit Elon . But seriously, hasn't he said the same about Tesla in the past?

Imagine alot of leverage traders who were long on BTC, and other cryptos got wiped out. Sure exchanges are loving this drop.

Also, if you want to transact on ETH today, RIP. Fees are sky high right now.
    All he has to do is tweet "#Bitcoin", and we are off to the races again

Actually pretty happy with where it has settled for now, given that it went down to 47k-48k.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Going down now. Dang

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If you do not plan to continue using bitcoin, maybe just search for a bitcoin ATM near you? Most expensive method for fees though.

If you use a regular exchange you will need to signup and give them ID. If that isnt a problem for you gemini.com coinbase.com or download the CashApp on your phone.

You could also deposit it to a book?
    Hold or bail?

kucyk9010
    kucyk9010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

All he has to do is tweet "#Bitcoin", and we are off to the races again

Actually pretty happy with where it has settled for now, given that it went down to 47k-48k.
    True, its crazy. No man should have all that power.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

F2Pool dump $1.8b.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

edit - it's not 100% positive that it was F2Pool but it seems that way.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 02-22-21 at 11:56 AM.

mattyicey
    mattyicey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2066

10-15% losses today
    i think well be back + higher this week

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

anyone know why this transaction has been just sitting all day unconfirmed?

https://blockstream.info/tx/bbf02777...9463c48131afba

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

It's not this minor dip that I'm worried about. It's the fukking gas fees. $360 for a gas fee? WTF?

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by mattyicey View Post
    10-15% losses today
    i think well be back + higher this week

just a healthy correction....those shouting burial must have just learned about crypto

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

The Biden administration is not going to be btc friendly it seems with Treasury Secretary Yellen saying this morning

“Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen issued a warning Monday about the dangers that bitcoin poses both to investors and the public.”

“I don’t think that bitcoin … is widely used as a transaction mechanism,” she told CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin at a New York Times DealBook conference. “To the extent it is used I fear it’s often for illicit finance. It’s an extremely inefficient way of conducting transactions, and the amount of energy that’s consumed in processing those transactions is staggering.”

The interview in on CNBC if anyone is interested

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    The Biden administration is not going to be btc friendly it seems with Treasury Secretary Yellen saying this morning

“Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen issued a warning Monday about the dangers that bitcoin poses both to investors and the public.”

“I don’t think that bitcoin … is widely used as a transaction mechanism,” she told CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin at a New York Times DealBook conference. “To the extent it is used I fear it’s often for illicit finance. It’s an extremely inefficient way of conducting transactions, and the amount of energy that’s consumed in processing those transactions is staggering.”

The interview in on CNBC if anyone is interested
    I've heard this argument for 5 years now illicit trade nothing new here move along

pablo222

BTC has nothing on the USD in reguards to volume of illicit transactions.

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    BTC has nothing on the USD in reguards to volume of illicit transactions.
    That's the hilarious part what's the difference if I buy illegal things with bitcoin or Dollars

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Once again, Janet Yellen works for the International Banksters.

You have all these criminals in charge in Congress. WTF do you expect? There's no democracy. Democracy is an illusion. Every single one at that level work for the Global Elites and not the Team Plebs
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave Ghenghis Kahn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

on Bloomberg TV Bill Gates just said he's not bullish on bitcoin
    and that it's not green, it's not transparent and it's not the future
    but digital currency is efficient and positive.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyM1ke View Post
    I've heard this argument for 5 years now illicit trade nothing new here move along
    this...and next week we'll see the 357th article in the past 5 years about how "China/Asia wants to ban Bitcoin'

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Bitcoin created by the NSA

https://globalintelhub.com/exposed-r...r-bitcoin-nsa/

THE WINNER: It was the NSA
    The NSA has the capability, the motive, and the operational capacity - they have teams of cryptographers, the biggest fastest supercomputers in the world, and they see the need. Whether instructed by their friends at the Fed, in cooperation with their owners (i.e. Illuminati banking families), or as part of a DARPA project - is not clear and will never be known (unless a whistleblower comes forward). In fact, the NSA employs some of the best mathematicians and cryptographers in the world. Few know about their work because it's a secret, and this isn't the kind of job you leave to start your own cryptography company.
    But the real smoking Gun, aside from the huge amount of circumstantial evidence and lack of a credible alternative, is the 1996 paper authored by NSA "HOW TO MAKE A MINT: THE CRYPTOGRAPHY OF ANONYMOUS ELECTRONIC CASH" available here.
    This author agrees:
    The NSA was one of the first organizations to describe a Bitcoin-like system. About twelve years before Satoshi Nakamoto published his legendary white paper to the Metzdowd.com cryptography mailing list, a group of NSA information security researchers published a paper entitled How to Make a Mint: the Cryptography of Anonymous Electronic Cash in two prominent places, the first being an MIT mailing list and the second being much more prominent, The American Law Review (Vol. 46, Issue 4 ).
    The paper outlines a system very much like Bitcoin in which secure financial transactions are possible through the use of a decentralized network the researchers refer informally to as a Bank. They list four things as indispensable in their proposed network: privacy, user identification (protection against impersonation), message integrity (protection against tampering/substitution of transaction information – that is, protection against double-spending), and nonrepudiation (protection against later denial of a transaction – a blockchain!).
    “We will assume throughout the remainder of this paper that some authentication infrastructure is in place, providing the four security features.” (Section 1.2)
    It is evident that SHA-256, the algorithm Satoshi used to secure Bitcoin, was not available because it came about in 2001. However, SHA-1 would have been available to them, having been published in 1993.

Why would the NSA want to do this? One simple reason: Control.
    As we explain in Splitting Pennies - the primary means the US dominates the world is through economic policy, although backed by bombs. And the critical support of the US Dollar is primarily, the military. The connection between the military and the US Dollar system is intertwined inextricably. There are thousands of great examples only one of them being how Iraq switched to the Euro right before the Army's invasion.
    In October 2000 Iraq insisted on dumping the US dollar - 'the currency of the enemy' - for the more multilateral euro. The changeover was announced on almost exactly the same day that the euro reached its lowest ebb, buying just $0.82, and the G7 Finance Ministers were forced to bail out the currency. On Friday the euro had reached $1.08, up 30 per cent from that time.
    Almost all of Iraq's oil exports under the United Nations oil-for-food programme have been paid in euros since 2001. Around 26 billion euros (£17.4bn) has been paid for 3.3 billion barrels of oil into an escrow account in New York. The Iraqi account, held at BNP Paribas, has also been earning a higher rate of interest in euros than it would have in dollars.

The point here is there are a lot of different types of control. The NSA monitors and collects literally all electronic communications; internet, phone calls, everything. They listen in even to encrypted voice calls with high powered microphones, devices like cellphones equipped with recording devices (See original "Clipper" chip). It's very difficult to communicate on planet Earth in private, without the NSA listening. So it is only logical that they would also want complete control of the financial system, including records of all electronic transactions, which Bitcoin provides.
    Could there be an 'additional' security layer baked into the Blockchain that is undetectable, that allows the NSA to see more information about transactions, such as network location data? It wouldn't be so far fetched, considering their past work, such as Xerox copy machines that kept a record of all copies made (this is going back to the 70's, now it's common). Of course security experts will point to the fact that this layer remains invisible, but if this does exist - of course it would be hidden.
    More to the point about the success of Bitcoin - its design is very solid, robust, manageable - this is not the work of a student. Of course logically, the NSA employs individuals, and ultimately it is the work of mathematicians, programmers, and cryptographers - but if we deduce the most likely group capable, willing, and motivated to embark on such a project, the NSA is the most likely suspect. Universities, on the other hand, didn't product white papers like this from 1996.
    Another question is that if it was the NSA, why didn't they go through more trouble concealing their identity? I mean, the internet is rife with theories that it was in fact the NSA/CIA and "Satoshi Nakamoto" means in Japanese "Central Intelligence" - well there are a few answers for this, but to be congruent with our argument, it fits their profile.

Where could this 'hidden layer' be? Many think it could be in the public SHA-256, developed by NSA (which ironically, was the encryption algorithm of choice for Bitcoin - they could have chosen hundreds of others, which arguably are more secure):
    Claims that the NSA created Bitcoin have actually been flung around for years. People have questioned why it uses the SHA-256 hash function, which was designed by the NSA and published by the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST). The fact that the NSA is tied to SHA-256 leads some to assume it’s created a backdoor to the hash function that no one has ever identified, which allows it to spy on Bitcoin users.
    “If you assume that the NSA did something to SHA-256, which no outside researcher has detected, what you get is the ability, with credible and detectable action, they would be able to forge transactions. The really scary thing is somebody finds a way to find collisions in SHA-256 really fast without brute-forcing it or using lots of hardware and then they take control of the network,” cryptography researcher Matthew D. Green of Johns Hopkins University said in a previous interview.

Then there's the question of "Satoshi Nakamoto" - if it was in fact the NSA, why not just claim ownership of it? Why all the cloak and dagger? And most importantly, if Satoshi Nakamoto is a real person, and not a group that wants to remain secret - WHY NOT come forward and claim your nearly $3 Billion worth of Bitcoin (based on current prices).
    Did the NSA create Satoshi Nakamoto?
    The CIA Project, a group dedicated to unearthing all of the government’s secret projects and making them public, hasreleased a video claiming Bitcoin is actually the brainchild of the US National Security Agency.
    The video entitled CIA Project Bitcoin: Is Bitcoin a CIA or NSA project? claims that there is a lot of compelling evidences that proves that the NSA is behind Bitcoin. One of the main pieces of evidence has to do with the name of the mysterious man, woman or group behind the creation of Bitcoin, “Satoshi Nakamoto”.
    According to the CIA Project, Satoshi Nakamoto means “Central Intelligence” in Japanese. Doing a quick web search, you’ll find out that Satoshi is usually a name given for baby boys which means “clear thinking, quick witted, wise,” while Nakamoto is a Japanese surname which means ‘central origin’ or ‘(one who lives) in the middle’ as people with this surname are found mostly in the Ryukyu islands which is strongly associated with the Ryūkyū Kingdom, a highly centralized kingdom that originated from the Okinawa Islands. So combining Nakamoto and Satoshi can be loosely interpreted as “Central Intelligence”.

Is it so really hard to believe? This is from an organization that until the Snowden leaks, secretly recorded nearly all internet traffic on the network level by splicing fiber optic cables. They even have a deep-sea splicing mission that will cut undersea cables and install intercept devices. Making Bitcoin wouldn't even be a big priority at NSA.

More from the Telegraph:
    Certainly, anonymity is one of the biggest myths about Bitcoin. In fact, there has never been a more easily traceable method of payment. Every single transaction is recorded and retained permanently in the public “blockchain”. The idea that the NSA would create an anarchic, peer-to-peer crypto-currency in the hope that it would be adopted for nefarious industries and become easy to track would have been a lot more difficult to believe before the recent leaks by Edward Snowden and the revelation that billions of phone calls had been intercepted by the US security services. We are now in a world where we now know that the NSA was tracking the pornography habits of Islamic “radicalisers” in order to discredit them and making deals with some of the world’s largest internet firms to insert backdoors into their systems.
    And we're not the only ones who believe this, in Russia they 'know' this to be true without sifting through all the evidence.

A Russian lawmaker claims that Bitcoin is a CIA conspiracy [to finance terrorism]:
    Nonetheless, Svintsov’s remarks count as some of the more extreme to emanate from the discussion. Svintsov told Russian broadcast news agency REGNUM:"All these cryptocurrencies [were] created by US intelligence agencies just to finance terrorism and revolutions.”Svintsov reportedly went on to explain how cryptocurrencies have started to become a payment method for consumer spending, and cited reports that terrorist organisations are seeking to use the technology for illicit means.

Let's elaborate on what is 'control' as far as the NSA is concerned. Bitcoin is like the prime mover. All future cryptocurrencies, no matter how snazzy or functional - will never have the same original keys as Bitcoin. It created a self-sustained, self-feeding bubble - and all that followed. It enabled law enforcement to collect a host of criminals on a network called "Silk Road" and who knows what other operations that happened behind the scenes. Because of pesky 'domestic' laws, the NSA doesn't control the internet in foreign countries. But by providing a 'cool' currency as a tool, they can collect information from around the globe and like Facebook, users provide this information voluntarily. It's the same strategy they use like putting the listening device in the chips at the manufacturing level, which saves them the trouble of wiretapping, electronic eavesdropping, and other risky methods that can fail or be blocked. It's impossible to stop a cellphone from listening to you, for example (well not 100%, but you have to physically rewire the device). Bitcoin is the same strategy on a financial level - by using Bitcoin you're giving up your private transactional information. By itself, it would not identify you per se (as the blockchain is 'anonymous' but the transactions are there in the public register, so combined with other information, which the NSA has a LOT OF - they can triangulate their information more precisely.

That's one problem solved with Bitcoin - another being the economic problem of QE (although with a Bitcoin market cap of $44 Billion, that's just another day at the Fed buying MBS) - and finally, it squashes the idea of sovereignty although in a very, very, very subtle way. You see, a country IS a currency. Until now, currency has always been tied to national sovereignty (although the Fed is private, USA only has one currency, the US Dollar, which is exclusively American). Bitcoin is a super-national currency, or really - the world's first one world currency.
    Of course, this is all great praise for the DOD which seems to have a 50 year plan - but after tens of trillions spent we'd hope that they'd be able to do something better than catching terrorists (which mostly are artificial terrorists).
    get the book Splitting Pennies.

RESEARCH & REFERENCES
    5/6/2018 This article is nearly a year old here are some updated links that were hidden or didn't exist when this article was written, good well deserved reads:
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12-...-currency.html
    https://thehackernews.com/2017/07/gn...ncryption.html Bitcoin 'can be' hacked, as researchers hack RSA-1024
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-01-...ware-firm.html
    http://anonhq.com/is-bitcoin-created-by-the-nsa-heres-the-truth-that-should-worry-you
    Last edited by bonzaii; 02-22-21 at 04:51 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Snowball

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Bitcoin Was Created By DARPA

https://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/bitcoin-was-created-by-darpa/69573

Article from late 2013 All of this a slow adoption process.

There is no way to stop what is going to happen to bitcoin. It’s an issue of sociology. It’s an issue of human greed. It’s an issue as to WHO created bitcoin and WHY.

Who is the single largest holder of BTC right now? “Satoshi”. Who is he? I will say it again. NSA/DARPA created bitcoin under the guidance of the IMF. The IMF has been openly calling for a digital, one-world, deflationary currency for 2 decades. OPENLY. It has been discussed and promoted OPENLY at G8 and G20 summits.

from the early 90s-96 the NSA was OPENLY investigating cryptographic money networks.
    http://groups.csail….int/nsamint.htm

One of their researchers and investigators is a man named Tatsuaki Okamoto. When they actively started writing the code they chose the pseudonym “Satoshi Nakamura” to ultimately promote the idea that Tatsuaki Okamoto to any and all who investigated the source of bitcoin long enough. But Tatsuaki Okamoto is just a cog. He’s not some rogue savoir out to topple centralized banks. Not at all. He is a crypto scientist who was paid by government and intelligence agencies to do research.

Bitcoin is an NSA/DARPA lab set into the wild. Scientific technology grants issued by government and intelligence agencies are how these labs are funded and promoted. The regulation and control of bitcoin has been actively developed alongside the development of the network. In fact, the controls, policy and regulation are WAY WAY more mature than the bitcoin protocol itself. That’s why we see things like Greenlist written into law without a mention of bitcoin until recently.

This is not tinfoil hattish. This is just reality. No one forced ANYONE to believe the Satoshi fairytale.. The libertarian Satoshi myth has been promoted in stealth to specifically promote ADOPTION and DEVELOPMENT. It’s no different than the internet and WWW itself. EXACTLY the same. That is why you see many www early adopters saying bitcoin “feels” the same as the early internet. I am one of those people.

In 94-96 the public internet was ALL about freedom of information. FREE COMMUNICATION. It was ALL about liberty and freedom. I wish i could transport some of you back in time so you could see for yourselves. The promise of free phonecalls with the freeworlddialup, free media with IUMA and the MBONE. All this freedom and liberty had people pouring their heart and soul into developing it. Now look at it. Facebook, google.. it is a GIANT SURVEILLANCE grid. And if you look for and read DARPA/NSA docs from the 80s and early 90s that was what it was always meant to be. I am not discounting all the socially great things that happen online.. But from the perspective of DARPA/NSA and control freaks.. it was created for the express purpose of control. A military purpose. A strategic purpose.

What is bitcoin? Bitcoin IS the one world digital currency. We all have a deterministic UUID that has been generated from our biometric data. This UUID will be related to all your datastores. This UUID is your mark. This UUID is what is used to buy and sell online and in the real world. This UUID is the primary key in your Greenlist identity.

Coinbase, blockchain.info and it would appear Coinsetter are inline to be the first to roll out the incoming policy and regulation. This policy and regulation is WORLD WIDE. It is CORPORATE. It is not about governments. Governments ADOPT corporate organized policies. If you think this is new than you need to investigate ACH and NACHA. https://www.nacha.or…l-services-hsbc

Bitcoin is THEIR network. And for the minority early adopters that is going to be a hard pill to swallow.. But for those in the know.. Like Gavin, it’s PAYDAY. Realization and monetization of their massive bitcoin holdings is being guaranteed by regulators. That is why they are all literally RUSHING to regulate.

Legitimization of bitcoin is all about hosted wallets. The centralization of bitcoin. Hosted wallet providers approve/dissaprove transactions before they are actually issued on the network. Greenlist enabled wallets will be the fastest. (offline transactions). Greenlist enabled wallets will be hooked directly to your bank account, ease of buying and selling. Greenlist enabled exchanges will have the largest market with the best prices. Greenlist enabled wallets will completely eliminate risk of stolen coins. No more security worries AT ALL. And this is what the masses have come to expect. And this is why it’s going to happen. And Greenlisted wallets will be accepted everywhere. And in the physical world you will identify yourself and your wallet with your biometrics.

Sam Odom

bonzaii

who owns the profits many of us have made the last 6 wks ?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

sammy can you unstick my transaction?

bitcoin is the future! i'm going to pay for everything with bitcoin! and then it costs $20 to transfer, and you wait a whole day without a single confirmation

First ... 44454647484950 ... Last