Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Went out to Xmas dinner. Had a $174 tab. I tipped a $100 bill (good service and it was Christmas). Received a sub par thank you from the waitress. She sounded like she didn’t even want to say thank you.
    Awhile back had a $27 BEER tab, gave bartender a C-note and said keep it all...........two months later waited 10 min or longer for someone to take my beer order, Manager said if you dont like it leave, did and have never been back to the shithole.

It was a few months after this that I paid more attention to JJGOLD on this subject.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    Well.... it appears this thread has been steered to Politics. Ugh. Pretty sure this issue will be just as divided. In my anecdotal experience, I've known cheap stiffs on both sides of the political spectrum.

I'll never dine a second time with people who don't tip. I'm not against withholding a tip if service is poor, but in general, I tip. I even tip folks who don't expect it , like janitors in Vegas. It makes their day. I tip because I was raised right, and it feels good. I'll keep "pissing it away," and enjoy my life. I won't be a miserable SOB who wrings his hands over how much I've tipped over the years.
    It wasn’t political until our resident liberal dipshit gopuke made it so

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

JJ never tips, never had a girlfriend, and has paid for less than 100 alcohol drinks lifetimes..........we are looking at over half a million bucks out the window with some of us here combined on those three things.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post

and what the fukk does being raised right have to do with tipping?

i do it only because i dont want shit in my food next time

pay them a normal wage, PERIOD

THEN...tip when someone does something they don't usually have to do...for instance a cart boy going to grab clubs from a cart of a member when it starts raining

cart boys should not get tips otherwise..but yea i do it anyway

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tips for suckers always remember that

Most rich people tip little that should tell you something

Poor people tip big

MarkMakers
    MarkMakers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I have printed up little cards that I hand to all my waitresses and waiters

it lets them know that if they don't give ME 15% of the bill I will be going on all the review sites and naming them by name as a horrible waitress or waiter and recommending people don't go to that restaurant, followed up with an email to the manager and owner I have screenshots of my how high my reviewer ratings are on all the platforms. I then put my little tip jar out on the table, and it's up to them to decided if they want a job there anymore by whether they put the $ in the jar or the venmo listed on it before I leave.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I think I'll watch this movie..

It's been on my watch list for decades...

The only Tarantino movie I haven't seen..

The interest window is small though..

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tips for suckers always remember that

Most rich people tip little that should tell you something

Poor people tip big
    You forgot about the BLACKS

they don’t tip either

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

The money I leave means more to the person I'm leaving it to than it does to me.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    what a waste of money

almost no other countries tip like us dumb americans
    Mike, it adds up. Ask Mr Pink.

PAULYPOKER

I bought $500 worth of groceries with a to my door delivery fee of 9 bucks with an expected tip of 15 bucks..

I said fukk you I paid 9 bucks for delivery..

The store owes you 9 bucks not me pal...

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    Well.... it appears this thread has been steered to Politics. Ugh. Pretty sure this issue will be just as divided. In my anecdotal experience, I've known cheap stiffs on both sides of the political spectrum.

I'll never dine a second time with people who don't tip. I'm not against withholding a tip if service is poor, but in general, I tip. I even tip folks who don't expect it , like janitors in Vegas. It makes their day. I tip because I was raised right, and it feels good. I'll keep "pissing it away," and enjoy my life. I won't be a miserable SOB who wrings his hands over how much I've tipped over the years.
    Hate to tell you

But that is more about you than the janitor, and plenty of people in that janitor's position would find that benevolent self righteousness insulting, as they should.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    I bought $500 worth of groceries with a to my door delivery fee of 9 bucks with an expected tip of 15 bucks..

I said fukk you I paid 9 bucks for delivery..

The store owes you 9 bucks not me pal...
    Also, aren't the groceries a higher price when you do that?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    The funniest are strippers who ask for a tip on top of the tip

On top of the tip?

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

All I know is that I’d be embarrassed to go out to dinner with most of you cheap fukks

If you can’t afford to tip, stay home and cook

PAULYPOKER

Also, aren't the groceries a higher price when you do that?
    No, they're the same price..

sal_sagev
    sal_sagev's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    the job is an introductory job to get experience...NOT a career
    Often times you'll find the wait staff at nicer restaurants have decided to make it a career and are generally very good at what they do. Not sure why it should be viewed as an introductory job only... People will never stop going out to eat and we will always need people to work at those places. Personally I'd never want to do that job so I'm glad other people do it. When going to a nicer place it's just a better experience if your server is a professional and not some high school kid.

I've always viewed tipping as just part of the overall cost of going out to eat. All of it is overpriced, tips or not. If you don't want to tip just cook food at home. I'm one of those people that tips 20% unless you suck. If the tip was factored into the bill like it is in other places that's how much it would come to anyway. I do agree the system we have in the US is dumb and the burden of paying employees should fall on the restaurant owner rather than the customers. But it is what it is, this is the dumb system we have so if you're going out to eat be prepared to tip IMO.

Agreed on OP though tipping for a haircut is dumb. It's why I cut my own hair.

Edited to add:
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    And what pisses me off the most is you pay a percentage of the bill

So a 5star steakhouse waitress gets to make a shit ton more than one at chilis?

fukk that, they do the same damn job
    This is how every industry works though. What job title do you know of where everyone with that job makes the same amount? For example I'm a business systems analyst for a very large retailer, working at the corporate office 30 miles west of Boston. I could easily make an extra $20k-$30k if I did a similar job for a company actually in Boston and having to deal with the stress that comes with commuting to Boston every day. Conversely, there are people in other companies with the same title as me that make $20k less because they work for a smaller company or in another region of the US. Obviously there are tons of different factors when it comes to salaries but one constant is work experience. People with more work experience will make more. This is the same as what we're seeing with experienced wait staff working at pricier restaurants.
    Last edited by sal_sagev; 01-01-21 at 02:38 PM.

dlowilly

All I know is that I’d be embarrassed to go out to dinner with most of you cheap fukks

It's not about affording it

Just because you can afford to do something doesn't mean it's right

Skookum
    Skookum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6158

Hate to tell you

But that is more about you than the janitor, and plenty of people in that janitor's position would find that benevolent self righteousness insulting, as they should.
    I've never had one of them act insulted or refuse a tip, but feel free to go on being offended for others.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Merely stated the hypocrisy of many of you. Preach one way but then demonstrate behaviors against them. It confuses me if people even truly understand what they believe in anymore. You especially. You are from Texas, why do you need me to take care of you?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    I think I'll watch this movie..

It's been on my watch list for decades...

The only Tarantino movie I haven't seen..

The interest window is small though..
    It's an excellent movie

Seen it 2 dozen times

goduke

Neither one of your points is valid. In other countries where they don't tip the staff looks just fine or better. If anything tipping attracts worse people since so much of the pay is cash (although not so much anymore) or goes unreported so it attracts drug addicts and felons. I actually don't mind or like it even better eating where they don't work for tips. You don't have the fake comments and compliments just before the bill is dropped off or the sleazy judgement or categorization of customers, good or bad, based on what they tip.

Your last 2 sentences it isn't clear who or what you are talking about. Are you saying Republicans in here wait tables? Or are you saying Republicans pay less taxes, which would be hilarious?
    Well most felons dont get jobs that involve waiting on customers and if they do those arent the types of restaurants a normal person would frequent. Background checks are done in any higher establishment restaurant.
    Also comparing our country to other countries is a poor example. You forget that US companies are typically greedier, choosing to pay your employees more to compensate for not tipping will result in less profit. And I think most countries just include the tip in the bill, I think Europe does that and I know Canada does.
    And I think people who dont tip should be judge because it means they are scumbags and socially that type of behavior should be commented on.
    In regards to my last sentences, its commenting how people who tip well have to cover for the shitboxes that dont or else the system would not work. Alot of the people who commented they dont tip are people in here that constantly talk about how they dont like that democrats give handouts, but then this type of behavior they are demonstrating is a form of a handout. They are being cheap and other people are picking up their slack to keep things running normally.
    Points Awarded:

TheGoldenGoose gave goduke 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

goduke

One thing I don't like is tipping the pizza delivery guy.

Either what is supposed to happen happens (you get your pizza), or they fail miserably at their job and it's an hour late with dirt on it. Plus in most cases you are supposed to tip online before the delivery so it completely defeats the purpose, but if you don't you have no idea what might happen to your pizza so it's basically a racket.
    where do you live? Dirt on your pizza? Its time to move pal

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    It's an excellent movie

Seen it 2 dozen times
    Another popular film is debbie does Dallas

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Sounds about right

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Big Homie Milwaukee Mike tip the homies!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jerk offs tip

The other night I gave the pizza guy one dollar on a $43 order

I don’t try to be a big shot

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I got a dozen doughnuts form Dunkin Donuts on Christmas Eve for $8.99. After I paid, I gave the kid at that rang me up a $20 bill and told him Merry Christmas. I felt good about myself that I might have helped someone out and maybe they'll do something nice for someone else down the road.

I didn't even tell my wife this story, or any of the other times that I have done this.

I always tip, even at Subway, and I'm probably one of the poorest bastards here.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

You're obviously insecure.

You tip hoping it will buy you social acceptance with strangers.

Sad.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19225

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I got a dozen doughnuts form Dunkin Donuts on Christmas Eve for $8.99. After I paid, I gave the kid at that rang me up a $20 bill and told him Merry Christmas. I felt good about myself that I might have helped someone out and maybe they'll do something nice for someone else down the road.

I didn't even tell my wife this story, or any of the other times that I have done this.
    I always tip, even at Subway, and I'm probably one of the poorest bastards here.
    Nice going! Somebody, must have told you the biblical story that it is better to give than to receive and you obviously know why.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 805

Tip based on service experience period... whore, waitress, whatever... part of our societal issues are people expect:

1. Great tips because...
    2. Six figure job because...
    3. To be taken care of because...

A good/great bartender, waiter or waitress should EARN good/great tips just like a good/great salesperson should EARN an above average income.

An average/poor bartender, waiter or waitress should EXPECT average/poor tips and so on... just like a guy who can’t sell shit shouldn’t touch the coffee because coffee is for closers.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jerk offs tip

The other night I gave the pizza guy one dollar on a $43 order

I don’t try to be a big shot
    C'mon Coach. Seriously???

TheGoldenGoose

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

THIS IS THE WAY TO ROLL. GREAT JOB KERMIT.

Especially during this covid pandemic. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSMAN.
    Most Dunkin Donuts & Subway are FRANCHISED OPERATIONS run by local small businessmen who are providing LOCAL JOBS. And a couple bucks tip on a $12 order means A LOT to these local workers.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Took in 125$ in tips as a writer today.

TheGoldenGoose

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    You're obviously insecure.

You tip hoping it will buy you social acceptance with strangers.

Sad.
    And you a a cheap POS.

First 1234 Last